Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:46 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:43 pm 

truetalk wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Team vs. Cameroon:

As previously mentioned, there isn’t a lot of football in Europe between now and August, so baring injuries, it is not too early to suggest a list to face the lions. I don’t think Rohr will invite a guy like Aluko, but I’m not trying to predict what he will do, I am giving on opinion on what he should do based on available options.

Goalkeepers: Ikeme, Enyeama, 3rd option not named Akpeyi or Alampasu.

Defenders: Omeruo, Awaziem, Balogun, Ekong, Shehu, Ambrose, Amuzie, Maroof, (Uduokhai & Aina to observe)

Midfielders: Mikel Obi, Iwobi, Ndidi, Etebo, Onazi, Ogu (Nwakili to observe)

Forwards: Ideye, Victor Moses, Nacho, Onyekuru, Kayode, Aluko, Musa or Moses (not both). (Abraham & Dressers to observe if possible)

PS. Inviting players to observe isn't strange. I believe Keshi did that with Sidney Sam, and Rohr had the training session & included Aina & Bazee in London. I've left out Tomori & Onomah for now. Let the glow of the the U-20 WC victory settle fist.

Based on current form and recent developments, I'll change this wishlist a little.

It is super urgent to invite and cap Dressers against Cameroon, even if only for a minute. I think if we don't cap him in this window, we lose him to Belgium.

If Mikel is not fit, Joel Obi should be invited.

Dennis Bonaventure should be invited. He has earned it over Musa & Simon Moses at the moment.

While I question Ideye's drive and there are certainly questions about his form, he brings qualities that are needed for certain formations & will leave him on the list.

As for GKs, we take whatever we are given at this stage. The 3 that will be invited are not the top 3, even with Ikeme and Enyeama out, but there isn't much we can do about that now.

Bonaventure is not a winger, dropping Musa and Simon for him makes no sense.