State of the Eagles - Bafana recap & Cameroon preview.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: State of the Eagles - Bafana recap & Cameroon preview.

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

truetalk wrote:
truetalk wrote:Team vs. Cameroon:

As previously mentioned, there isn’t a lot of football in Europe between now and August, so baring injuries, it is not too early to suggest a list to face the lions. I don’t think Rohr will invite a guy like Aluko, but I’m not trying to predict what he will do, I am giving on opinion on what he should do based on available options.

Goalkeepers: Ikeme, Enyeama, 3rd option not named Akpeyi or Alampasu.

Defenders: Omeruo, Awaziem, Balogun, Ekong, Shehu, Ambrose, Amuzie, Maroof, (Uduokhai & Aina to observe)

Midfielders: Mikel Obi, Iwobi, Ndidi, Etebo, Onazi, Ogu (Nwakili to observe)

Forwards: Ideye, Victor Moses, Nacho, Onyekuru, Kayode, Aluko, Musa or Moses (not both). (Abraham & Dressers to observe if possible)

PS. Inviting players to observe isn't strange. I believe Keshi did that with Sidney Sam, and Rohr had the training session & included Aina & Bazee in London. I've left out Tomori & Onomah for now. Let the glow of the the U-20 WC victory settle fist.
Based on current form and recent developments, I'll change this wishlist a little.

It is super urgent to invite and cap Dressers against Cameroon, even if only for a minute. I think if we don't cap him in this window, we lose him to Belgium.

If Mikel is not fit, Joel Obi should be invited.

Dennis Bonaventure should be invited. He has earned it over Musa & Simon Moses at the moment.

While I question Ideye's drive and there are certainly questions about his form, he brings qualities that are needed for certain formations & will leave him on the list.

As for GKs, we take whatever we are given at this stage. The 3 that will be invited are not the top 3, even with Ikeme and Enyeama out, but there isn't much we can do about that now.
Bonaventure is not a winger, dropping Musa and Simon for him makes no sense.
OCCUPY NFF!!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

I don't want to be like Solowe, but some of these things are apparent if you have inside info (or spend some days in camp).

Nacho needs a very honest mentor who he respects & looks up to. Maybe Blablalawo can stop flossing & help the young man out, since political duties are over. I think he has the wrong crowd around. The next year or two are crucial for him. I hope he can bounce back, but anyone around the team could see his issues from a mile away. I wrote the quote below on this forum 2 years ago.

I’ll go off on a tangent with a guy who is potentially our biggest talent. Hopefully, this is a storm in a teacup, but we might just have a Nacho problem, and it is attitude and not ability. We may need to apologize to Manu Garba for the backlash he got here and elsewhere for leaving Nacho & Success on the bench at the 2015 U-20 WC. The man has been with these kids since they were 15 and that may have been his own way to intervene as a caring mentor.

There was more than enough to be worried about as regards his attitude during this game. From keeping the team bus waiting at the hotel, to strolling off the pitch when we were behind at home. He dismissed an agitated crowd with an angry hand wave after not making the required effort to get to a pass behind the defense. I’m beginning to think he might need some time on the bench.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

truetalk wrote:I don't want to be like Solowe, but some of these things are apparent if you have inside info (or spend some days in camp).

Nacho needs a very honest mentor who he respects & looks up to. Maybe Blablalawo can stop flossing & help the young man out, since political duties are over. I think he has the wrong crowd around. The next year or two are crucial for him. I hope he can bounce back, but anyone around the team could see his issues from a mile away. I wrote the quote below on this forum 2 years ago.

I’ll go off on a tangent with a guy who is potentially our biggest talent. Hopefully, this is a storm in a teacup, but we might just have a Nacho problem, and it is attitude and not ability. We may need to apologize to Manu Garba for the backlash he got here and elsewhere for leaving Nacho & Success on the bench at the 2015 U-20 WC. The man has been with these kids since they were 15 and that may have been his own way to intervene as a caring mentor.

There was more than enough to be worried about as regards his attitude during this game. From keeping the team bus waiting at the hotel, to strolling off the pitch when we were behind at home. He dismissed an agitated crowd with an angry hand wave after not making the required effort to get to a pass behind the defense. I’m beginning to think he might need some time on the bench.
Nacho needs to leave the UK and go to France. The EPL is not helping him.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."