Everton Signs Onyekuru

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

walesvilla
Egg
Egg
Re: Everton Signs Onyekuru

Post by walesvilla »

TheHitman47 wrote:I think the Anderlecht loan is good, because he would definitely start for their team as well as improve his skillset.
all round good move- another year in Belgium at a better team to improve - Everton just about right team for him- He should spend some time with Amo and Yobo for further guidance
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cally wrote:Good deal in my opinion. Congratulations to him.

Meanwhile, Everton are really being driven forward by Koeman.
and who is driving assnal?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Sandro Ramirez is supposedly on the verge. One would imagine, once that signature is secured, Lukaku's departure will be confirmed.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Signed for 7m in today's pounds and immediately on loan to Anderlecht for 1 yr. Is this the same guy that turned down Assanal or that was a rumor? I blame myself for allowing bully to bully his way into making me think this boy is some phenomenon ready to explode onto the world stage. First was wondering why Everton only to see a mere 7m pounds fee, 1 yr loan to Belgium and a one for the future comment. This is the guy that's supposed to be starting for SE benching Musa, Simon, Success, Kelechi etc. I must say I didn't watch any of his games and dunno much about him, I blame myself for that.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Onyekuru granted UK permit

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote:
bully12 wrote:
john12 wrote:So what did onyekuru against corsica and Togo to merit a place in the starting line u against South Africa. This is how you guys hyped a young star "chidozie" who flopped against Cameroon. I doubt if onyekuru deserves a place in eagles staring xi. Quality over quantity any day. Players that are scoring in lower rated leagues should never have precedence over the ones at a quality league.
Did you watch either of the matches to assess his performances ? You called Belgium league lower league . A lower league than which league . Both Onyekuru and Simon Moses are plying their trades in this same league. Players from Israel, Turkey , Austria, Cyprus, South Africa and Greece leagues were included in the team.Even if he doesn't desire a place in the starting lineup he definitely merits to be on the bench with the caliber of players selected ahead of him. For Christ sake he is the b only Nigerian striker or player that made name for himself last season . His exclusion from that South Africa match is absolutely mind boggling and puerile. There is no question about it , he is by far the best striker Nigeria has right now.
Mr Rohr must learn how to inculcate into his and derive the best out of him . The boy did not lose his scoring skill and shoes overnight because he was playing for Nigeria. Thus the fault must be definitely from Rohr's system and style. Rohr must adjust to accommodate him. Musa , Moses and Kelechi must not be preferred to him. The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
Neither did Ighalo or Ideye report their boots missing or stolen.
But they still stopped scoring.
Maybe there is more to scoring on the higher international stage than simply not losing your boots. :!:
From what I've seen of Onyekuru, he is bonafide talent. He's probably not going to start approaching his true potential until he acquires some physical presence, I'd say, maybe a year from now; and guess where they're sending him next season; to Anderlecht where he can get significant playing time even as he hits the weights. Don't worry about Onyekuru. He's the real deal. I'm betting you'll be happy with him if and when he makes the SuperEagles starting lineup :!:

Cheers.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

felarey wrote:Signed for 7m in today's pounds and immediately on loan to Anderlecht for 1 yr. Is this the same guy that turned down Assanal or that was a rumor? I blame myself for allowing bully to bully his way into making me think this boy is some phenomenon ready to explode onto the world stage. First was wondering why Everton only to see a mere 7m pounds fee, 1 yr loan to Belgium and a one for the future comment. This is the guy that's supposed to be starting for SE benching Musa, Simon, Success, Kelechi etc. I must say I didn't watch any of his games and dunno much about him, I blame myself for that.

Haba hope you're being sarcastic but I think this coming season will be huge for him as he will face not only face the pressure of a bigger club but that of being a marked and known quantity :idea: if he performs and meets or even exceeds expectations then I fee sorry for Wenger and Arsenal :woot: :woot: actually check that, I won't feel sorry for them :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

felarey wrote:Signed for 7m in today's pounds and immediately on loan to Anderlecht for 1 yr. Is this the same guy that turned down Assanal or that was a rumor? I blame myself for allowing bully to bully his way into making me think this boy is some phenomenon ready to explode onto the world stage. First was wondering why Everton only to see a mere 7m pounds fee, 1 yr loan to Belgium and a one for the future comment. This is the guy that's supposed to be starting for SE benching Musa, Simon, Success, Kelechi etc. I must say I didn't watch any of his games and dunno much about him, I blame myself for that.
Think his buy out clause was around 6m hence the 7m tag he could not have gone for any more.
Loaned out cause of work permit not because he is not ready.
Not saying he should start or not start for SE.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

anikulapo wrote:

Haba hope you're being sarcastic but I think this coming season will be huge for him as he will face not only face the pressure of a bigger club but that of being a marked and known quantity :idea: if he performs and meets or even exceeds expectations then I fee sorry for Wenger and Arsenal :woot: :woot: actually check that, I won't feel sorry for them :woot:
I hope it works out for him, just thought his stock was a lot higher, das all...
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

imehjunior wrote:
Think his buy out clause was around 6m hence the 7m tag he could not have gone for any more.
He needed to deal with work permit issues because he cost only 7m. A team willing to play him immediately would have met the threshold for fees on a special talent.

niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

felarey wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

I hope it works out for him, just thought his stock was a lot higher, das all...
No offense but the content of your post shows you're pretty uninformed. Instead of typing out a long essay you could have read a few headlines or asked questions.

Why was he only sold for 7 million? He had a 7 million release clause

Why wasn't he pursued by bigger teams? He was. He even had a medical with PSG but preferred playing in the premier league

Why was he loaned to anderlecht? He wasn't going to qualify for a work permit to play in England. His agent also has a very good relationship with anderlecht.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

niyi wrote:
felarey wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

No offense but the content of your post shows you're pretty uninformed. Instead of typing out a long essay you could have read a few headlines or asked questions.

Why wasn't he pursued by bigger teams? He was. He even had a medical with PSG but preferred playing in the premier league

Why was he loaned to anderlecht? He wasn't going to qualify for a work permit to play in England. His agent also has a very good relationship with anderlecht.
Did you read where it says he's one for the future? He was loaned out by Everton not Arsenal, not Man Utd, not Chelsea. A team that plays Ademola Lukmon. Everton knows what to do if they want to play him tomorrow. I thot he was a phenom. People have him here starting for the SE.

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

While I may completely not share Bully's bullishness on Onyekuru....
I will still make bold to state that he was DEFINITELY FAR BETTER than Daddy Simon this past season.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

niyi wrote:
felarey wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

well if it is true he was pursued by PSG he turned them down for Everton , obviously it is a stupid decision. Now he has been loaned out to Belgium. The boy has definitely transcended Belgium level. It seems to me he is regurgitating his vomit.I thought his goal is to ply his trade on a higher level to show the stuff he is made off. It is surely a no win situation for him. No matter how many goals he scores this coming season it is not going to be impressive. His agent has made egregious error. He could have signed him up with a higher league.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bully12 wrote:
niyi wrote:
felarey wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

well if it is true he was pursued by PSG he turned them down for Everton , obviously it is a stupid decision. Now he has been loaned out to Belgium. The boy has definitely transcended Belgium level. It seems to me he is regurgitating his vomit.I thought his goal is to ply his trade on a higher level to show the stuff he is made off. It is surely a no win situation for him. No matter how many goals he scores this coming season it is not going to be impressive. His agent has made egregious error. He could have signed him up with a higher league.

Cough cough remember the last discussion we had on the lad abi :mrgreen: ok oh :D
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Two things:
He is going on loan to Anderlecht, because he will not qualify for a work permit.
At Anderlecht he will be playing Champions League football.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

marutimon wrote:Two things:
He is going on loan to Anderlecht, because he will not qualify for a work permit.
KPOM, the fee of 7 million pounds paid by Everton is not enough to get him a work permit due to his limited international experience. Remember that Watford paid 12 million pounds and broke their transfer record to sign Isaac Success and he was able to meet the threshold for special talents and get a work permit.
I am happy
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Gotti wrote:
While I may completely not share Bully's bullishness on Onyekuru....
I will still make bold to state that he was DEFINITELY FAR BETTER than Daddy Simon this past season.
Daddy Simon should be a ball juggler at the beach :curse:
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Dammy wrote:
KPOM, the fee of 7 million pounds paid by Everton is not enough to get him a work permit due to his limited international experience. Remember that Watford paid 12 million pounds and broke their transfer record to sign Isaac Success and he was able to meet the threshold for special talents and get a work permit.
The threshold is 10 mln.
Another thing: It is reported that the loan to Anderlecht can be terminated in winter, if he gets a work permit. So Everton is already planning for him.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

felarey wrote:
imehjunior wrote:
He needed to deal with work permit issues because he cost only 7m. A team willing to play him immediately would have met the threshold for fees on a special talent.
Yep just like they did for Isaac Success, even though it hasn't really panned out...yet
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

african players are very badly priced, even common AKE dey command 20 millions :cry: what about Defoe?
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

niyi wrote:
felarey wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Indeed it is the work permit issue that scuppered the deal with Arsenal. They made enquiries about a work permit for him, but got a negative response.

The English FA made submissions to the Home Office to stop 2 work permit applications for Nwankali and Assano. Arsenal have appealed the Nwankali decision.

The FA are blocking these applications especially for young players. Arsenal have real issues with the new system.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Senator WIRES wrote:african players are very badly priced, even common AKE dey command 20 millions :cry: what about Defoe?
Young non EU players are badly priced cos of work permit issues in England. If you prove yourself in a top league, it becomes top dollars cos you do not have work permit issues.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Dammy wrote:
Dammy, Isaac was signed before the new work permit rules were enforced. The 'Special Permit' rule is now refendant. Indeed the new rules were introduced to block this loop hole.

David Cameron then introduced an overiding factor cos he feared the FA rules could affect tax revenue from the EPL. He introduced a salary treshold like in Holland. In effect if a player earned above the highest tax treshold over a period of 4 years, the Home Office can overule the new rules.