About to happen:Matic to Manchester Utd. Bagayoko to Chelsea

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
About to happen:Matic to Manchester Utd. Bagayoko to Chelsea

Post by truetalk »

Bakayoko to Chelsea, Matic to Man United close

Two defensive midfielders will have new homes very soon.

Tiemoue Bakayoko, 22, is closing in on a move to Chelsea from AS Monaco as he is set to replace the outgoing Nemanja Matic who will link up with his former boss Jose Mourinho at Manchester United.

Multiple reports, including this one from the BBC, state the deal for Bakayoko is close to completion with Chelsea and Monaco agreeing the $41.8 million fee and the French midfielder is expected to be a Chelsea player in the next 48 hours.

As for Matic’s imminent arrival at Old Trafford, the Serbian destroyer, 28, will reportedly complete his move this week with the Guardian stating the clubs have agreed a price of around $50 million and wages of $197,000 per week have also been agreed between the player and United.

United badly needed a defensive reinforcement in central midfield and Matic (who has won two Premier League titles in three seasons since rejoining Chelsea in 2014) would fit the bill. Able to start attacks and possess the ball as well as a fine reader of the game who uses his lanky frame to intercept passes and sweep up in front of the defense, Matic would surely be the perfect foil for Ander Herrera in United’s engine room and they’d allow Paul Pogba to roam free.

As for Chelsea, there’s no doubt that losing Matic is a blow but Bakayoko is rated as one of the top defensive midfielders in Europe after excelling for French champions Monaco in Ligue 1 and the UEFA Champions League last season. He’s a more composed version of Victor Wanyama and alongside N'Golo Kante he’d provide Chelsea’s defense with a formidable shield. This is just the type of midfielder Antonio Conte loves.

Both United and Chelsea would considerably improve their central midfield areas with these additions.

https://us.yahoo.com/sports/bakayoko-ch ... 53835.html
Last edited by truetalk on Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
About to happen: Matic to Manchester Utd. Bagayoko to Chelse

Post by truetalk »

Emenalo's genius is underrated.

So Chelsea get a much younger DM who is just as good and make $8 million while at it.

Emenalo is making Roman money, while keeping Chelsea very successful.
bully12
Egg
Egg
Re: About to happen: Matic to Manchester Utd. Bagayoko to Ch

Post by bully12 »

truetalk wrote:Emenalo's genius is underrated.

So Chelsea get a much younger DM who is just as good and make $8 million while at it.

If he takes credit for their success , he also should be blamed for their failure. And I don't hear you screaming racism when it is otherwise.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

bully12 wrote:

If he takes credit for their success , he also should be blamed for their failure. And I don't hear you screaming racism when it is otherwise.

what failures?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

I am really proud of Sir Emenalo!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

bully12 wrote:

When the Chelsea fans were screaming for his head after Mourinho attempted to relegate them, were where you? Now THAT was racism.

The man has done extremely well.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

bully12 wrote:

What Failures??? The man has been nothing short of a genius, with the way he has managed Chelsea players, his eye for talent is really undisputable. They get players for nothing and sell them for astonomical prices....... Chelsea is actually making money.....and still have some if the top players i the world playing for them.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Prince wrote:
bully12 wrote:

What Failures??? The man has been nothing short of a genius, with the way he has managed Chelsea players, his eye for talent is really undisputable. They get players for nothing and sell them for astonomical prices....... Chelsea is actually making money.....and still have some if the top players i the world playing for them.
nah you get time

Chelsea signed that rubbish MAtic for 20 million pounds and sold him to United for 40 million
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Prince wrote:
bully12 wrote:

nah you get time

Chelsea signed that rubbish MAtic for 20 million pounds and sold him to United for 40 million
I heard last night that Conte is making a bid to get Mikel back.

Oh, shytt...I sleeping. :(
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Prince wrote:
bully12 wrote:

nah you get time

this isn't your line, you are better than this .....
SuperEagles

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: About to happen:Matic to Manchester Utd. Bagayoko to Che

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank You for Nemanja

wow, i am impressed.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Looks like Matic will be miss at chelsea.Why sell to a rival?Now Manu like way better in MF with Matic
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Getting Matic is like a military coup!!!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Prince wrote:
bully12 wrote:

nah you get time

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Dear Chelsea

Thank you again.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Prince wrote:
bully12 wrote:

nah you get time

Conte was stupid to let Mikel go.

Guus Hiddink preferred Mikel to Matic in the 2nd half of the season before half & there was no sign of a drop off in Mikel's play. You now banish him to the wilderness because he went to the Olympics.

The Diego Costa situation is showing Conte to be a poor manager when it comes to dealing with dealing with players who are no longer in his plans as starters. It is a tricky situation, but one that can easily be managed much better.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

zero preseason, 23 years old, retrurning from a knee injury, played 90 mins, cheaper purchase and was able to hang in vs two beast Wanyama and Dembele( oh and bobo is from Africa and strong black man)

[/video] 8-)
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:zero preseason, 23 years old, retrurning from a knee injury, played 90 mins, cheaper purchase and was able to hang in vs two beast Wanyama and Dembele( oh and bobo is from Africa and strong black man)

[/video] 8-)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You need to go check the prices again. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

As to "hang in vs two beasts", thats actually all he did on the day - "hang"! With two other beasts supporting him, Kante and Luiz, he still looked lost out there. please, go back to china and put your mouth. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

That Bagayoko guy did NOT look like it! Matic is a much better player based on that last game. But will give him the benefit of the doubt of a full season, but I didn't see any glimpses of anything that he can do that's better than Matic. That said Matic didn't seem on top of his game last season and maybe needed a change in scenery.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:That Bagayoko guy did NOT look like it! Matic is a much better player based on that last game. But will give him the benefit of the doubt of a full season, but I didn't see any glimpses of anything that he can do that's better than Matic. That said Matic didn't seem on top of his game last season and maybe needed a change in scenery.
Swansea and West ham please.. SPurs is a different ball game
SuperEagles

ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:That Bagayoko guy did NOT look like it! Matic is a much better player based on that last game. But will give him the benefit of the doubt of a full season, but I didn't see any glimpses of anything that he can do that's better than Matic. That said Matic didn't seem on top of his game last season and maybe needed a change in scenery.
Kpom
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:zero preseason, 23 years old, retrurning from a knee injury, played 90 mins, cheaper purchase and was able to hang in vs two beast Wanyama and Dembele( oh and bobo is from Africa and strong black man)

[/video] 8-)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You need to go check the prices again. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

As to "hang in vs two beasts", thats actually all he did on the day - "hang"! With two other beasts supporting him, Kante and Luiz, he still looked lost out there. please, go back to china and put your mouth. :lol:
list the midfielders over at Westham and Swansea better than Dembele, Dele, Ericksen and Wanyama :D olodo
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ceejay22 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Kpom
We've all seen Matic play multiple seasons in the EPL, so we know what he can do. Bagayoko on the other hand I don't yet see what he has to offer, but its early days.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!