RANGERS v RS KOUBA (ALGERIA( ACCC 1982)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg
RANGERS v RS KOUBA (ALGERIA( ACCC 1982)

Post by FATHER TIKO »

I remember that day like yesterday because the omens appeared dim:
1. Rain-soaked sportscity
2. Rangers in gold-black kits instead of the familiar immaculate white (instead opponents wore all-white)
3. Young Patrick Okala instead of the legend himself - Emma Okala
4. Chairman Chukwu (carrying injury) on the bench
5. Opponents were the dreaded Algerians

Chei, see crowd for club game...

Footage quality is piss-poor, but the excitement is palpable...
[/video]
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: RANGERS v RS KOUBA (ALGERIA( ACCC 1982)

Post by Bigpokey24 »

FATHER TIKO wrote:I remember that day like yesterday because the omens appeared dim:
2. Rangers in gold-black kits instead of the familiar immaculate white (instead opponents wore all-white)

[/video]
the atmosphere was sick :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:I remember that day like yesterday because the omens appeared dim:

[/video]
this that surulere lagos ??
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

walesvilla wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

[/video]
this that surulere lagos ??
Yep. The heavens poured forth hours before kick-off...there were fears the game might be rescheduled, but the CIV ref deemed the rain-drenched turf sufficiently playable...
The players earned their pay that day; the the ball must have felt like lead...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...old stuff, good stuff, see crowd :thumbs:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

See crowd...electrifying, can we ever experience this exhilarating atmosphere again? Damn!
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

[/video]
Tobi17 wrote:See crowd..electrifying, can we ever experience this exhilarating atmosphere again? Damn!
Rangers is still a crowd puller.

http://www.nairaland.com/3118864/full-s ... -heartland
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

[/video]
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tobi17 wrote:See crowd...electrifying, can we ever experience this exhilarating atmosphere again? Damn!
dude hush and stop being ignorant, you must be living under a rock made of sand... i guess you have zero clue about the NPFL... i can't stand losers like these.. you sit your yansh in obodo oyinbo and run your mouth.. tell us when you ever went to watch a club match in Nigeria ? monkey dey work internet baboon dey post behind firewall
SuperEagles

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:See crowd...electrifying, can we ever experience this exhilarating atmosphere again? Damn!
dude hush and stop being ignorant, you must be living under a rock made of sand... i guess you have zero clue about the NPFL... i can't stand losers like these.. you sit your yansh in obodo oyinbo and run your mouth.. tell us when you ever went to watch a club match in Nigeria ? monkey dey work internet baboon dey post behind firewall
Are you mentally ok bud? person go just sit behind computer come think say him dey normal until the fingers get to work, hope say one Iya Bose no use your brain do spiritual saraka for your village sha.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tobi17 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Are you mentally ok bud? person go just sit behind computer come think say him dey normal until the fingers get to work, hope say one Iya Bose no use your brain do spiritual saraka for your village sha.
a 17 year old kid like you can run that mouth on the internet, but be it in person, you piss on yourself..... one day moneky go, go market, e no go return.. ( you are the monkey, keep going to the market)
SuperEagles

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
a 17 year old kid like you can run that mouth on the internet, but be it in person, you piss on yourself..... one day moneky go, go market, e no go return.. ( you are the monkey, keep going to the market)
Still better than a 50 year mama's basement squatting failure who has posters of Mikel all over his wall, :rotf:
ume-ugo
Egg
Egg

Post by ume-ugo »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Guy you need to shut up sometimes. Is your self esteem so low you that you have to call him a teenager, to try to put him down. You either provide some content or shut the front door.
Iron mustu obey!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

ume-ugo wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Guy you need to shut up sometimes. Is your self esteem so low you that you have to call him a teenager, to try to put him down. You either provide some content or shut the front door.
nah who be this? :shock: e dey talk self esteem for internet kai :lol: :lol: :lol: who are all these rookies wey just land CE
SuperEagles

walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Bigpokey24 wrote:

[/video]
And the standard of football is good compared to some of the rubbish our club sides play nowadays.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

[/video]
Kai, brings back memories. I wonder if someone with the skill can get clips of video together for guys like Chukwwu, Odegbami, Okpala, etc.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

After watching this clip I went to watch the 80 afcon final..Green Eagles vs Algeria...the commentator was off the chain.."Segun got it"
SuperEagles

Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Tobi17 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Still better than a 50 year mama's basement squatting failure who has posters of Mikel all over his wall, :rotf:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
hangingfire
Egg
Egg

Post by hangingfire »

Man Ataye wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

See as dis people dey spoil ball for us o. Dem don take dem fight spoil our ball for here again. Una see dem? :-x :-x :-x :-x
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Father Tiko,

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you, imeela daalu. Chei! That I can see a clip of my beloved Rangers International from back in the day again. That we can see the wonderful Sylvanus Quicksilver Okpala, Patrick Okala, CCC, blockbuster, Boardman, Ogbodo and the magnificent Emmanuel Osigwe. This video sweet my belle no be small o. Now, maybe the young ones can understand why some of us have to scratch our eyes when we see the kind of players of low quality representing SE nowadays. Damunk will always say that nostalgia of the past is the reason why some of us still praise players from past times. I beg make Damunk watch video shine him eye. He go talk different story.