Portugal 0 Chile 0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Portugal 0 Chile 0

Post by Man Ataye »

portuguese players na Real apereš!!!! Good one chile... Mexico do us proud manana!!!!!!!
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ROTC wrote:Folks

Law 14 of the FIFA rules require each team to submit the names and order of their first five kickers. Not Ronaldo's fault if he's last on the list.
Thanks for pointing that out
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Let me not hear anything about Cron not stepping up. :curse:

[/video]

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

goke313 wrote:Ronaldo being selfish again smh...I will never understand why the best finisher/player/leader/captain does not take the first PK...BOZO

Why not find out the facts before making such a statement? :curse: The order of kickers is already predetermined in a list submitted to FIFA.

Wha choo looking at?!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Let me not hear anything about Cron not stepping up. :curse:

[/video]

You get time. Arguments like this are reminiscent of the arguments of how India used juju to beat one team 100-1, you know those ones....one person would argue about whether the keeper saw a lion coming at him each time the ball was kicked while the other would argue that t ball turned into a bag of rice each time the opponent kicked it.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

platinum wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:Let me not hear anything about Cron not stepping up. :curse:

[/video]

You get time. Arguments like this are reminiscent of the arguments of how India used juju to beat one team 100-1, you know those ones....one person would argue about whether the keeper saw a lion coming at him each time the ball was kicked while the other would argue that t ball turned into a bag of rice each time the opponent kicked it.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
bonecrusher
Egg
Egg

Post by bonecrusher »

benteke wrote:
theYemster wrote:
bonecrusher wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
goke313 wrote:Ronaldo being selfish again smh...I will never understand why the best finisher/player/leader/captain does not take the first PK...BOZO
He doesn't even have to take the first but the 3rd one became the most important one. I am not sure why he didn't take that...Still my guy though
Exactly, you take the last pk because assumed to be the most important. In this game the 3rd pk became the most important but he didn't step up. I think this is the second time this has happened.
Unless the rules have been changed I think the order of the first five PKs is predetermined during the set up before the first penalty kick is taken. So at the time the third PK became important it was too late for Ronaldo to switch turns if he was already scheduled for the fifth which is the one he usually takes.

After the first five PKs, if the score is still tied then players (who have yet to take) can step up in random order.
But critics don't care about the rules, they wanted Ronaldo to change the order and take the 3rd kick.

He is a villain for not doing that, a coward :biggrin:

Not so fast, that law doesn't say the order cannot be changed. When I have time, I'll find the law and post so we discuss. I know changing order is not a common thing so the rules may actually be unknown by many but there is nothing in the rules that prohibit one from change the order.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

bonecrusher wrote:
benteke wrote:
theYemster wrote:
bonecrusher wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
He doesn't even have to take the first but the 3rd one became the most important one. I am not sure why he didn't take that...Still my guy though
Exactly, you take the last pk because assumed to be the most important. In this game the 3rd pk became the most important but he didn't step up. I think this is the second time this has happened.
Unless the rules have been changed I think the order of the first five PKs is predetermined during the set up before the first penalty kick is taken. So at the time the third PK became important it was too late for Ronaldo to switch turns if he was already scheduled for the fifth which is the one he usually takes.

After the first five PKs, if the score is still tied then players (who have yet to take) can step up in random order.
But critics don't care about the rules, they wanted Ronaldo to change the order and take the 3rd kick.

Not so fast, that law doesn't say the order cannot be changed. When I have time, I'll find the law and post so we discuss. I know changing order is not a common thing so the rules may actually be unknown by many but there is nothing in the rules that prohibit one from change the order.
Why do you have to go through all that trouble to try and prove that CR7 should have broken the norm and tore up the planned kicking order, come on lad :biggrin:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

benteke wrote:
bonecrusher wrote:
benteke wrote:
theYemster wrote:
bonecrusher wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

Why do you have to go through all that trouble to try and prove that CR7 should have broken the norm and tore up the planned kicking order, come on lad :biggrin:
He's just trying to be correct, by hook or crook. :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

mexico go chop major beating today
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Welaga
Egg
Egg

Post by Welaga »

Mexico is already down by 1
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Welaga wrote:Mexico is already down by 1
Welaga
Egg
Egg

Post by Welaga »

Make that 2-0 . What a ruthless German machine
Welaga
Egg
Egg
Re: Portugal 0 Chile 0, Ger 2 Mex 0

Post by Welaga »

Goretzka - 2 goals in 2 minutes
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Welaga wrote:Make that 2-0 . What a ruthless German machine
such a well coached team. starts from their FA
Welaga
Egg
Egg
Re: Portugal 0 Chile 0, Ger 2 Mex 0

Post by Welaga »

platinum wrote:
Welaga wrote:Make that 2-0 . What a ruthless German machine
such a well coached team. starts from their FA

:agree: So much talent they could send two teams to the world cup and still do well. They stuck to their youth development program obviously
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

jette1 wrote:
bonecrusher wrote:Why did Ronaldo not step up and take the PK? being the leader he should have stepped up and taking the PK.

I'm pretty sure Sanchez was supposed to go last but after recognizing that they needed that 3rd pk scored he stepped up (this is just my opinion no facts here)

it's Things like this that have be questioning Ronaldo. He is a scoring machine though, just can't quite carry a team.
Nigerians and their judgmental attitude And if things went their way you would say it was good idea that he took the last one to secure the win
Thanks jette1
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.