Portugal 0 Chile 0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Portugal 0 Chile 0

Post by Robbynice »

goke313 wrote:Ronaldo being selfish again smh...I will never understand why the best finisher/player/leader/captain does not take the first PK...BOZO
He doesn't even have to take the first but the 3rd one became the most important one. I am not sure why he didn't take that...Still my guy though
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
bonecrusher
Egg
Egg

Post by bonecrusher »

Why did Ronaldo not step up and take the PK? being the leader he should have stepped up and taking the PK.

I'm pretty sure Sanchez was supposed to go last but after recognizing that they needed that 3rd pk scored he stepped up (this is just my opinion no facts here)

it's Things like this that have be questioning Ronaldo. He is a scoring machine though, just can't quite carry a team.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Chile is just one of the most resilient team I have seen in a while. They have bunch of Rottweilers as players, Medel, Alexis, Vargas,Vidal to name but a few. #HeartIsMoreThanSize
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
bonecrusher
Egg
Egg

Post by bonecrusher »

Robbynice wrote:
goke313 wrote:Ronaldo being selfish again smh...I will never understand why the best finisher/player/leader/captain does not take the first PK...BOZO
He doesn't even have to take the first but the 3rd one became the most important one. I am not sure why he didn't take that...Still my guy though
Exactly, you take the last pk because assumed to be the most important. In this game the 3rd pk became the most important but he didn't step up. I think this is the second time this has happened.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Paul Mulligan: Three of the worst penalties you will ever see from Portugal. So bad, even Claudio Bravo could save them.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/40409951
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Cito wrote:Chile is just one of the most resilient team I have seen in a while. They have bunch of Rottweilers as players, Medel, Alexis, Vargas,Vidal to name but a few. #HeartIsMoreThanSize
This is their golden generation and they are making it count...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

bonecrusher wrote:Why did Ronaldo not step up and take the PK? being the leader he should have stepped up and taking the PK.

I'm pretty sure Sanchez was supposed to go last but after recognizing that they needed that 3rd pk scored he stepped up (this is just my opinion no facts here)

it's Things like this that have be questioning Ronaldo. He is a scoring machine though, just can't quite carry a team.
Nigerians and their judgmental attitude And if things went their way you would say it was good idea that he took the last one to secure the win
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Same Bravo the EPL fans will have u believe is not a GK!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Cito wrote:
Paul Mulligan: Three of the worst penalties you will ever see from Portugal. So bad, even Claudio Bravo could save them.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/40409951
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Big mouth Brits. They think the EPL is all there is in the world. Fine, the chap had a rough freshman year but you'd think City is all he has had in life. As if he didn't play excellently for Barcelona or Sociedad or even Colocolo. And he is always excellent for Chile.

He has his work cut out with Emerson Moraes coming in but I trust that he will be much better in his second season in England.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

bonecrusher wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Exactly, you take the last pk because assumed to be the most important. In this game the 3rd pk became the most important but he didn't step up. I think this is the second time this has happened.
Unless the rules have been changed I think the order of the first five PKs is predetermined during the set up before the first penalty kick is taken. So at the time the third PK became important it was too late for Ronaldo to switch turns if he was already scheduled for the fifth which is the one he usually takes.

After the first five PKs, if the score is still tied then players (who have yet to take) can step up in random order.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

bonecrusher wrote:Is Ronaldo really the best player in the world or the most clinical finisher?

Watched the entire first half, first 10 mins of the second and the last 5 mins of overtime and some of the other games and Ronaldo just doesn't carry a team.

He definitely scores the goals but if that great pass isn't provided, he just doesn't show up.
Even in games where he claims to show up in recent times, the only thing he shows up to do is score.

Plays in the best team in the World (Real Madrid) but not the best player in the World for me.
To God be the glory
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

txj wrote:Same Bravo the EPL fans will have u believe is not a GK!
Rather the same Bravo who Guardiola dropped for Caballero and now Ederson. Bravo only has himself to blame.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Chile rise started as back as their team beating our U20 team 4-0 at the U20 championships.

I think it was 0-0 at 90 mins.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

so Ronaldo backed out from taking a PK for Portugal? I wonder if he would have done the same for RM if this was a CL final...
ROTC
Egg
Egg

Post by ROTC »

Folks

Law 14 of the FIFA rules require each team to submit the names and order of their first five kickers. Not Ronaldo's fault if he's last on the list.
American Police: Under trained, Over armed and a threat to all of society
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

How did France allow this useless team to beat them?
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

platinum wrote:
Kabalega wrote:Yes!
These Portuguese are useless at penalties.

Bravo's quite good at saving them too.
Evidently... :thumbs:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

theYemster wrote:
bonecrusher wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Unless the rules have been changed I think the order of the first five PKs is predetermined during the set up before the first penalty kick is taken. So at the time the third PK became important it was too late for Ronaldo to switch turns if he was already scheduled for the fifth which is the one he usually takes.

After the first five PKs, if the score is still tied then players (who have yet to take) can step up in random order.
But critics don't care about the rules, they wanted Ronaldo to change the order and take the 3rd kick.

He is a villain for not doing that, a coward :biggrin:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Coach wrote:
Rather the same Bravo who Guardiola dropped for Caballero and now Ederson. Bravo only has himself to blame.

Pep is blameless.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:
True, but any player can lose form, or struggle to adapt to a new team or league.

But the verdict here was not of loss of form, but rather a lack of ability. A verdict based on nothing but EPL intelligence quotient...

Form is temporary. Class is permanent...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Bigpokey24 wrote:only people wey no get anything to do , anh dem dey siddon watch this snooze
the OP has zero clue of what a classic game is
....I wish the moderators had agreed make we donate U comot for research.. :twisted:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Nkume wrote:How did France allow this useless team to beat them?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

paj wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:only people wey no get anything to do , anh dem dey siddon watch this snooze
the OP has zero clue of what a classic game is
....I wish the moderators had agreed make we donate U comot for research.. :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....