Oshinawa Let Go By Hearts

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Oshinawa Let Go By Hearts

Post by Tbite »

I liked the guy in the World Cup.

The sheer energy that the guy had, he didn't get turned! Didn't give up, as Echiejile would have.

I remember that one defensive move by him, the acrobatic interception. That's the single best defensive move I have seen from a Nigerian defender.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

truetalk wrote:Gotti, Flex Swift is lucky that he did not type this rubbish over the long Nigerian weekend, when I was in the mood to write and fight on this site. Even you are not totally disagreeing with him.

I will be the last person to defend Lagerback's Nigerian enterprise as he pretty much admitted to being part of a bribery scheme.

However, Afolabi had to play on the left, after Taiwo got injured against Argentina, & Echiejile (who had been useless throughout the build up and dashed North Korea a goal in that shameful pre-WC friendly) promptly injured himself shortly after coming in. Lagerback's hand was forced and he had to deploy a stiff CentreBack who was otherwise competent for us in the few other appearances for us.
(For those who are arguing against Efe Ambrose, that is the value someone like that brings to a team. Options and flexibility)

Flex Swift is speaking absolute rubbish by suggesting either one of those 2 have put in awful performances for Nigeria. Echiejile, for instance, has been consistently worse, but I digress.

The 2010 team, despite all the odds against it (Probably the most corrupt tournament campaign by Ogunjobi & Co, Mikel & Ike Uche's injuries etc) was playing well enough to go deep (may the quarters or semis) in that tournaments (I was there). They could have taken the game against Argentina (Taiwo's shot, Osaze & Martins brain farts etc). They were dominating Greece until Kaita happened. They were much better than Korea. Kalu Uche hit the bar, Yakubu had the worst miss ever after Yusuf Ayila's brilliant work & Enyeama decided to gift Korea a goal.

I have kept quiet as people insult all sort of players on the 2010 team (Etuhu, Afolabi, Haruna), who simply did nothing but play with passion for a team that had all sorts of challenges. While I don't like to call people out (except those occupying space and playing poorly, when better options are not invited), if we are doing that, we should start with Kaita, Yakubu and Enyeama.
No, his hand was most definitely NOT forced...
We all thought that Echiejile was injured - until he came on at HT and played the entire 2H.

Reality was that Lagerback was both corrupt and clueless...
Playing Keita out wide on the right - among other befuddling moves.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

Gotti wrote:
truetalk wrote:Gotti, Flex Swift is lucky that he did not type this rubbish over the long Nigerian weekend, when I was in the mood to write and fight on this site. Even you are not totally disagreeing with him.

I will be the last person to defend Lagerback's Nigerian enterprise as he pretty much admitted to being part of a bribery scheme.

However, Afolabi had to play on the left, after Taiwo got injured against Argentina, & Echiejile (who had been useless throughout the build up and dashed North Korea a goal in that shameful pre-WC friendly) promptly injured himself shortly after coming in. Lagerback's hand was forced and he had to deploy a stiff CentreBack who was otherwise competent for us in the few other appearances for us.
(For those who are arguing against Efe Ambrose, that is the value someone like that brings to a team. Options and flexibility)

Flex Swift is speaking absolute rubbish by suggesting either one of those 2 have put in awful performances for Nigeria. Echiejile, for instance, has been consistently worse, but I digress.

The 2010 team, despite all the odds against it (Probably the most corrupt tournament campaign by Ogunjobi & Co, Mikel & Ike Uche's injuries etc) was playing well enough to go deep (may the quarters or semis) in that tournaments (I was there). They could have taken the game against Argentina (Taiwo's shot, Osaze & Martins brain farts etc). They were dominating Greece until Kaita happened. They were much better than Korea. Kalu Uche hit the bar, Yakubu had the worst miss ever after Yusuf Ayila's brilliant work & Enyeama decided to gift Korea a goal.

I have kept quiet as people insult all sort of players on the 2010 team (Etuhu, Afolabi, Haruna), who simply did nothing but play with passion for a team that had all sorts of challenges. While I don't like to call people out (except those occupying space and playing poorly, when better options are not invited), if we are doing that, we should start with Kaita, Yakubu and Enyeama.
No, his hand was most definitely NOT forced...
We all thought that Echiejile was injured - until he came on at HT and played the entire 2H.

Reality was that Lagerback was both corrupt and clueless...
Playing Keita out wide on the right - among other befuddling moves.
I believe Echiejile came in for injured Taiwo only for him to get injured minutes after coming on. Largerbeer had to deployed stiffed Afolabi to the left back.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gotti wrote:The Ayo Akinfe Jinx strikes again...
Not entirely surprising since he had been sidelined for the last couple of seasons.

Good luck to the lad...
Perhaps it's time to return to the NPFL.
Yeye man. I must admit I am perplexed as to how this guy's career just stalled. After the World Cup, I really saw him going on to make world class but alas, that appeared to be his high point.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

A reminder of how difficult it is to make it in football. Career stalled for country and for club.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Gotti wrote:The Ayo Akinfe Jinx strikes again...
Not entirely surprising since he had been sidelined for the last couple of seasons.

Good luck to the lad...
Perhaps it's time to return to the NPFL.
Yeye man. I must admit I am perplexed as to how this guy's career just stalled. After the World Cup, I really saw him going on to make world class but alas, that appeared to be his high point.
Some eyesight you have!!! Some eyesight....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Oshaniwa has always been a player with poor technique.
I am happy
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

eyan wrote:I believe Echiejile came in for injured Taiwo only for him to get injured minutes after coming on. Largerbeer had to deployed stiffed Afolabi to the left back.
That was in the previous game (against Greece)...
Against S. Korea, Echiejile ended up coming on at HT after Afolabi's calamitous start.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Teams
Match stats
Group Standings

Nigeria Nigeria Flag 2-2 South Korea Flag South Korea FT

(HT 1-1)

Uche, 12
Yakubu (pen), 69
Lee Jung-Soo, 38
Park Chu-Young, 49
Nigeria

01 Enyeama Yellow card
02 Yobo (Echiejile, 46)
05 Afolabi
06 Shittu
17 Odiah
12 Uche
13 Yussuf Yellow card
20 Etuhu
04 Kanu Captain (Martins, 57)
08 Yakubu (Obinna, 70)
19 Obasi Ogbuke Yellow card

South Korea

18 Jung Sung-Ryong
04 Cho Yong-Hyung
12 Lee Young-Pyo
14 Lee Jung-Soo
22 Cha Du-Ri
07 Park Ji-Sung Captain
08 Kim Jung-Woo
16 Ki Sung-Yeung (Kim Jae-Sung, 86)
17 Lee Chung-Yong
10 Park Chu-Young (Kim Dong-Jin, 90+3)
19 Yeom Ki-Hun (Kim Nam-Il, 63 Yellow card)

Substitutes:

16 Ejide, 23 Aiyenugbu, 03 Taiwo, 21 Echiejile, 10 Brown, 15 Haruna, 22 Adeleye, 07 Utaka, 09 Martins, 11 Odemwingie, 18 Obinna

Substitutes:

01 Lee Woon-Jae, 21 Kim Young-Kwang, 02 Oh Beom Seok, 03 Hyung-ll Kim, 15 Kim Dong-Jin, 23 Kang Min-Soo, 05 Kim Nam-Il, 06 Kim Bo-Kyung, 13 Kim Jae-Sung, 09 Ahn Jung-Hwan, 11 Lee Seung-Youl, 20 Lee Dong-Gook

Venue: Moses Mabhida Stadium
Referee: O Benquerenca
Attendance: 61,874
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... efault.stm
I am happy
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Tbite wrote:I liked the guy in the World Cup.

The sheer energy that the guy had, he didn't get turned! Didn't give up, as Echiejile would have.

I remember that one defensive move by him, the acrobatic interception. That's the single best defensive move I have seen from a Nigerian defender.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Tbite wrote:I liked the guy in the World Cup.

...U must've had a very wicked neighbor who was mad stingy wiff him curtain... :twisted:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)