German depth

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bepanda
Egg
Egg
Re: German depth

Post by bepanda »

when you have a good youth system ... depth just happens.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

There is more to it than just dept though.

France may even have more depth, but do not click & tick as well as the Germans.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Who would have imagined this after Germany was humiliated at EURO 2000 and 2004, not even making it out of the first round? The fruits of planning and hard work are indeed juicy! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Wha choo looking at?!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Kabalega wrote:There is more to it than just dept though.

France may even have more depth, but do not click & tick as well as the Germans.
Nailed it.

France's A side has not looked as good as this Germany B team in years. They need to move on from Deschamps for starters.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

platinum wrote:

Nailed it.

France's A side has not looked as good as this Germany B team in years. They need to move on from Deschamps for starters.
The answer to Germany's clicking lies with their FA philosophy and the way young players are educated. They emphasize tactical education, theory and flexibility to young players. Is it any surprise that any German team you see on the field play the same way? Jogi Loew also has to get a lot of credit. The man is simply an outstanding coach.

France have the Clairfontane academy that graduated the likes of Anelka and co, but I don't think most French NT players graduate from there.

Wha choo looking at?!
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Who would have imagined this after Germany was humiliated at EURO 2000 and 2004, not even making it out of the first round? The fruits of planning and hard work are indeed juicy! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Of course it would have turned around. They plan it that way, notblivibg in past glory!!!! They saw the mistakes then, tooled them and voila!!!!!! They know howvto reinvent themselves
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

UEFA U21 and Conf Cup Finals at the same time :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Armin Younes is missing.
I like this player a lot.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I hope Ojokojo and his son are reading this!
I am happy
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

The good or worst thing for me is they don’t look that fantastic on the eye- like a Barcelona or Spanish will look- but damn very efficient in doing the right simple things well at crucial times of the game. They don’t panic they don’t over show-boat – they make the correct and precise pass at the right time. they go physical when necessary etc

all being equal – only teams that can defect Germany on a good day will come from Europe- no chance any South America less to talk of Africa teams - Africans will do all the headless running and passing all Germany need doing is just to pick us off – end of story.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

But at least France won 1998 and 2000 euros - England suppose to be at par with all these nations what have they won??? - their case will ever be a misery to me - they have the money, facilities, good youth setup - could it be too much oppsession with yeye premier leauge - simple example - refusing to have a winter break!! like its done in Germany
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

walesvilla wrote:The good or worst thing for me is they don’t look that fantastic on the eye- like a Barcelona or Spanish will look- but damn very efficient in doing the right simple things well at crucial times of the game. They don’t panic they don’t over show-boat – they make the correct and precise pass at the right time. they go physical when necessary etc

all being equal – only teams that can defect Germany on a good day will come from Europe- no chance any South America less to talk of Africa teams - Africans will do all the headless running and passing all Germany need doing is just to pick us off – end of story.
Are you serious? Prior to 7-1, Germany was continuously slapped around by Brazil. On a good day Brazil can beat this German side. Especially now that Brazil has found their feet again. Also this Argentina team on a good day can beat Germany. The World Cup final was a very even affair.
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

Also I feel that in Africa, one will rise. I don't know what country but I do think one will rise.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Who saw that dribble by Draxler last night? You got to give it to the Germans.
http://www.naijiant.com/
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

TheHitman47 wrote:
walesvilla wrote:The good or worst thing for me is they don’t look that fantastic on the eye- like a Barcelona or Spanish will look- but damn very efficient in doing the right simple things well at crucial times of the game. They don’t panic they don’t over show-boat – they make the correct and precise pass at the right time. they go physical when necessary etc

Are you serious? Prior to 7-1, Germany was continuously slapped around by Brazil. On a good day Brazil can beat this German side. Especially now that Brazil has found their feet again. Also this Argentina team on a good day can beat Germany. The World Cup final was a very even affair.
You said it 7-1 in a world cup semi final on Brazilian soil - for next 5 yrs i do not see a brazil team beating Germany - they have mastered how to beat them well now. Do not even mention Argentina - even England will destroy them on a good day
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

So is that their Team B/C at the Confed?

Kwai Appiah must see this.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

KPOM.

German system and continuity more like. From Klinsmann to Lowe almost an uninterrupted decade of the same system. All they do is import the parts, they don't even have to be extra-ordinary, and the machine keeps ticking on.
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

walesvilla wrote:
TheHitman47 wrote:

You said it 7-1 in a world cup semi final on Brazilian soil - for next 5 yrs i do not see a brazil team beating Germany - they have mastered how to beat them well now. Do not even mention Argentina - even England will destroy them on a good day
Watch Germany fall to Brazil the next time they meet. Also Under Sampaoli, Argentina wouldn't lose to England, you are high if you think this. England is better than people think but they aren't good enough to beat Argentina, Especially with Messi.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

TheHitman47 wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
TheHitman47 wrote:

Watch Germany fall to Brazil the next time they meet. Also Under Sampaoli, Argentina wouldn't lose to England, you are high if you think this. England is better than people think but they aren't good enough to beat Argentina, Especially with Messi.
:lol: :lol: at Brazil beating Germany. They have to beat the Netherlands first. Brazil have chopped 2-1 at WC2010 and 3-0 at WC2014 from the Netherlands that were on their last legs. Germany would put no less than 3 past Brazil. Easy.

Wha choo looking at?!
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
TheHitman47 wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
TheHitman47 wrote:

:lol: :lol: at Brazil beating Germany. They have to beat the Netherlands first. Brazil have chopped 2-1 at WC2010 and 3-0 at WC2014 from the Netherlands that were on their last legs. Germany would put no less than 3 past Brazil. Easy.
The present Brazil side is a different beast to 2014...
The 2014 was too dependent on an immature Neymar...Now, Neymay has matured; and there are other weapons all over -
from - Coutinho to Jesus to a resurgent Paulinho...

They looked frightening dismantling Uruguay at Montevideo in the WCQ...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

TheHitman47 wrote:Also I feel that in Africa, one will rise. I don't know what country but I do think one will rise.
...it will take a monumental person with vision working from behind closed doors.
No government interference. It may take a long while to materialize on the continent, this kind squads/talents are not made over night.
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

mcal wrote:
TheHitman47 wrote:Also I feel that in Africa, one will rise. I don't know what country but I do think one will rise.
...it will take a monumental person with vision working from behind closed doors.
No government interference. It may take a long while to materialize on the continent, this kind squads/talents are not made over night.
Now that you think of it, DR Congo looks like that team. They are like what Iceland is in Europe. Good homebased players, and they look like they can possibly qualify for the World Cup. They have no fear and probably want to make up for years of disappointment and embarrassment at the World Cup back in the 70's as Zaire.