OMERUO: Nigeria would not have lost with me.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
OMERUO: Nigeria would not have lost with me.....

Post by Enugu II »

Eagles won’t have lost to South Africa if I played – Omeruo
By admin - June 29, 201775 0
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/06/29/e ... ed-omeruo/

Kenneth Omeruo – Super Eagles defender
Chelsea defender Kenneth Omeruo has said he would have made the difference for Nigeria not to lose to South Africa had he played in the recent AFCON 2019 qualifier in Uyo.

FC Porto II youngster Chidozie Awaziem was preferred to the more experienced Omeruo as South Africa raced to a 2-0 away win, their first-ever official victory over Nigeria.

The surprise decision to leave out Omeruo has now been widely questioned.

Omeruo was an unused substitute in the game, but he has now said he could have prevented the loss had he been involved as coach Gernot Rohr lined up a youthful team on the day.

“I would have made the difference if I had played (the game),” he said in a radio interview monitored by SCORENigeria

“But I also remember I was also a young boy when I was given my chance in the team.

“I also know that if we had won the game 4-0, we won’t be discussing this.”
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg
Re: OMERUO: Nigeria would not have lost with me.....

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Hindsight is a beautiful thing...

But make Omeruo go siddon...he was bullied by Rantie for the 2nd goal in the 2-2 home draw against SAfrica...

He fumbled again to gift Zambia a consolation goal in Lusaka in the WCQ...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ok!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

FATHER TIKO wrote:Hindsight is a beautiful thing...

But make Omeruo go siddon...he was bullied by Rantie for the 2nd goal in the 2-2 home draw against SAfrica...

We should also not forget facts. Keshi shouldn't have played Omeruo in that game as he was reportedly down with malaria (or some illness). You'll get bullied by Rantie too if you have malaria (remember that weak-#$% malaria feeling?). Also, agreed, he messed up for the goal against Zambia away, but he's entitled to make mistakes too provided he stays solid overall.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Obong wrote:

We should also not forget facts. Keshi shouldn't have played Omeruo in that game as he was reportedly down with malaria (or some illness). You'll get bullied by Rantie too if you have malaria (remember that weak-#$% malaria feeling?). Also, agreed, he messed up for the goal against Zambia away, but he's entitled to make mistakes too provided he stays solid overall.
Agreed...

But he has not been faultless since his impeccable showing at the 2013 AFCON triumph...

That's why it is not cool for him to fault the defeat on him not starting the game...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Hmm but we didnt qualify with him in the squad..
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I hope Omeruo sees and responds to this. A task is always easy when assigned to, or is being done by another person. But did the young man really said those things attributed to him?
Last edited by Odas on Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

When I read articles like this, am reminded of the moments leading to the WC94, when I started reading supposed interviews granted by me where I claimed to be better than Keshi. Heck the reporter even wrote glowing tributes extolling why I must be called to camp osiso siso. To say I felt embdassed by what I was reading was putting it mildlly, b t more worrying is not knowing who was behind the articles. It turned out the reporter was a guy we went to unilorin together and would play cooties together on the campus. He later told me it was his own personal campaign to see m in the tam heading for the world cup. You need someone to blow your trumpet bro he told me....

What I am trying to say is simple, some over zealous reporter is trying to do Omeruo favors.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I have to agree with Oloye. Omeruo had given an interview after the match saying that his absence was not the cause of the SE loss to SA. He said the team wins together and loses together.
I am happy
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

oloye wrote:When I read articles like this, am reminded of the moments leading to the WC94, when I started reading supposed interviews granted by me where I claimed to be better than Keshi. Heck the reporter even wrote glowing tributes extolling why I must be called to camp osiso siso. To say I felt embdassed by what I was reading was putting it mildlly, b t more worrying is not knowing who was behind the articles. It turned out the reporter was a guy we went to unilorin together and would play cooties together on the campus. He later told me it was his own personal campaign to see m in the tam heading for the world cup. You need someone to blow your trumpet bro he told me....

What I am trying to say is simple, some over zealous reporter is trying to do Omeruo favors.
But you were better than Keshi in 1994 now. Is it a lie?

The decline in Keshi between 1992 and 1993 was just azing. By 1994, he was just making the team because he was a legend and captain and had to officially taste a World Cup. He became our first non-playing captain, a role to be 1naija's Oga reincarnated almost 2 decades later.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Watch the video. Press releases exaggerate things
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

oloye wrote:When I read articles like this, am reminded of the moments leading to the WC94, when I started reading supposed interviews granted by me where I claimed to be better than Keshi. Heck the reporter even wrote glowing tributes extolling why I must be called to camp osiso siso. To say I felt embdassed by what I was reading was putting it mildlly, b t more worrying is not knowing who was behind the articles. It turned out the reporter was a guy we went to unilorin together and would play cooties together on the campus. He later told me it was his own personal campaign to see m in the tam heading for the world cup. You need someone to blow your trumpet bro he told me....

Personally, I doubt that Omeruo would make such a claim in a radio interview. If he says something like this, it probably would occur in a private conversation which he never thought will be published. However, it is now unto him to deny this publicly. If he doesn't then people will have to believe the piece.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote:

Personally, I doubt that Omeruo would make such a claim in a radio interview. If he says something like this, it probably would occur in a private conversation which he never thought will be published. However, it is now unto him to deny this publicly. If he doesn't then people will have to believe the piece.
... and if so, then somebody is trying to sell Omeruo for the next game like they did for Chief Oloye in the past.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Odas wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

... and if so, then somebody is trying to sell Omeruo for the next game like they did for Chief Oloye in the past.
Odas,

I doubt that such selling receives Omeruo's approval because it is dangerous for him considering that it claims quotes from Omeruo and it can piss off the Manager.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

I doubt Omeruo actually said this in an interview
yes o
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Nigerians would make or want to make money any way, like some here pushing inept Nigerian government leader absence from office.
Just a fistful of naira will do. Shame no dey anymore.