The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by theYemster »

ohenhen1 wrote:
theYemster wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Still not going to buy the jersey.
O k. Anything else we don't give a fuuk about that you wanna tell us?

That is the problem there.

I don't give a fuuk if you give a fuuk.

It is a open forum, I can say anything I want as long as I follow the rules.

:D :D :D

I am not Qatar.
You sound like someone who will drive all the way to a house party he wasn't invited to just to ring the bell and tell the host that he's not able to attend the party cos he has a prior engagement. :)
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Mahrez!!!!!!

Leicester in the space of a year stand to lose a minimum £15m if this happens. They refused a total deal package of £60m last summer.

Arsenal's initial 1st offer was £30m. Leicester looking at £50 to £60m. Arsenal's current offer is £35m. Rumours are, talks are ongoing, and a break through will happen by next weekend. I am sceptical.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Waffiman wrote:Mahrez!!!!!!

Leicester in the space of a year stand to lose a minimum £15m if this happens. They refused a total deal package of £60m last summer.

Arsenal's initial 1st offer was £30m. Leicester looking at £50 to £60m. Arsenal's current offer is £35m. Rumours are, talks are ongoing, and a break through will happen by next weekend. I am sceptical.
Who was crazy enough to offer 60M for Mahrez last summer?
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Please God let this not happen .... please Biko this Mezut Ozil Part II :curse: :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Ha...35 million plenty small sha. How much those small small German boys/engines cost? What about the Italian U-21 GK? Abeg make we spend wisely o. We need a "Santi" instead of Mahrez. We can be managing Walcott and Lucas Perez there :oops: :oops: :oops:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Alexis put in serious shifts every game he played. He is even a better businessman than I thought.
$400k/week ... YES SIR.
Just for the record, I wouldn't pay Ozil $80k/week. (= $400k/5).
Bepanda
anikulapo wrote:Mirror reporting Alexis is demanding 400k per week and Ozil 350k per week :rotf:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:Alexis put in serious shifts every game he played. He is even a better businessman than I thought.
$400k/week ... YES SIR.
Just for the record, I wouldn't pay Ozil $80k/week. (= $400k/5).
Bepanda
anikulapo wrote:Mirror reporting Alexis is demanding 400k per week and Ozil 350k per week :rotf:

:agree: :agree: :agree:

Funny thing is that very few teams save for those in China would really do that as well :twisted: :lol:

Overrated Twerp :curse:

It's incredible how with all the money flying around, not one stinking offer for Ozil :rotf: :rotf: if there ever was a time to play hard ball it would be now for Arsenal
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

anikulapo wrote:

Please God let this not happen .... please Biko this Mezut Ozil Part II :curse: :curse:
:lol: :lol:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Aniks, for your sake, I hope Ozil will finish his career at the Emirates. Because if Ozil leaves, it will be terrible to watch you suffer thru Ozil-withdrawal symptoms alone. :lol:
Last edited by Thunder on Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Thunder wrote:Aniks, for your sake, I hope Ozil will finish his carrier at the Emirates. Because if Ozil leaves, it will be terrible to watch you suffer thru Ozil-withdrawal symptoms alone. :lol:

Which Kin "carrier" Ozil wan finish :sneaky:

MLK.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Prof, no worries. It's fixed. :D :lol:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... r-10752192

Another team linked to Alexis Sanchez, haba, why does no top team want Mesut Ozil nah?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

jdizzy wrote:

Nobody did. But the rumours are, Arsenal had a structured payment plan of up to £60m should Mahrez and Arsenal meet the conditions in plan over a 4 year period. Story is, there was a clause that gave Leicester £8m if Arsenal won the CL, £5m if Arsenal win the league. There were performance clauses for Mahrez. If all conditions were met the deal would have got up to £60m. But Leicester will not even talk to anyone, they did not want to sell, so they were asking for £70m. No one will pay that. The thing is, Arsenal did not even bid for the player because they were not interested, but this summer it is different, we currently have with both parties talking.

Mahrez Agent said they had a deal with Arsenal last summer but it did not happen, this time they are forcing the issue. Mahrez has handed in a written transfer request, this means Leicester will not be paying him a Loyalty bonus. So who pays? I suspect the buying club will foot that bill.

But all these are the usual transfer rumours, somewhere in all of this might be the truth, only time will tell.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

A case of case of staring down the a*shole and not seeing sh*t.

Looking at it from the other end, what was Leicester's outlay for Mahrez? Renewed contract included, what was their spend on Mahrez last season? How does that balance against the Champions League revenue, of which he helped to acquire? A bid of 35 million represents fantastic business for The Foxes, fifteen million less maybe, how many more millions in excess of their "net" spend on Riyadh? And then comes the season past, how deleterious an effect did it have on his market value?

35 million for Mahrez is no bargain at all. It may well be a good deal but t'is certainly not a bargain.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

https://www.arsenal.com/news/mertesacke ... al-academy
We are delighted to announce that club captain Per Mertesacker will become our academy manager in a year’s time.
For the coming season, he will continue as an important part of our squad while developing his knowledge and understanding of the Academy.

Manager Arsène Wenger said: “Per is an exceptional character who is a great example for young players. He is a deep thinker about the game and committed to helping players fulfil their potential. He will be an inspirational figure for everyone connected with the academy.”

Per said: “This is the start of an exciting new chapter for me and I am delighted that I will be able to stay part of the Arsenal family. This season I will remain fully focused on my job with the team and am looking forward to a successful last season on the pitch. After that, I look forward to the exciting challenge of helping produce young players good enough to play for the Arsenal first team.”

During the coming season the academy will be led by Luke Hobbs, who has done an outstanding job since the departure of Andries Jonker to manage Wolfsburg last spring.

Chief executive Ivan Gazidis said: "At Arsenal, we believe in developing young players to their full potential and giving them an opportunity to shine. I am delighted that Per will take on this role. He understands the club's values, he knows what it takes to win at the top level and he will be the ideal person to drive the academy forward when he takes on the role next year.”
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

platinum wrote:https://www.arsenal.com/news/mertesacke ... al-academy
We are delighted to announce that club captain Per Mertesacker will become our academy manager in a year’s time.
For the coming season, he will continue as an important part of our squad while developing his knowledge and understanding of the Academy.

Manager Arsène Wenger said: “Per is an exceptional character who is a great example for young players. He is a deep thinker about the game and committed to helping players fulfil their potential. He will be an inspirational figure for everyone connected with the academy.”

Per said: “This is the start of an exciting new chapter for me and I am delighted that I will be able to stay part of the Arsenal family. This season I will remain fully focused on my job with the team and am looking forward to a successful last season on the pitch. After that, I look forward to the exciting challenge of helping produce young players good enough to play for the Arsenal first team.”

During the coming season the academy will be led by Luke Hobbs, who has done an outstanding job since the departure of Andries Jonker to manage Wolfsburg last spring.

Chief executive Ivan Gazidis said: "At Arsenal, we believe in developing young players to their full potential and giving them an opportunity to shine. I am delighted that Per will take on this role. He understands the club's values, he knows what it takes to win at the top level and he will be the ideal person to drive the academy forward when he takes on the role next year.”
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

Very happy about this.

Very good for him and the club.

Well done dude.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

jdizzy wrote:

Waffiman :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: it was :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Any club that pays more than 10 million for Riyadh Ozil :roll: :roll: is .::. Ahhh never mind :rotf:

MLK.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

peron33uk wrote:

Very happy about this.

Well done dude.
You can say that again. :clap:
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

A very intellectual appointment, could Mertersacker be the man in two years time?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:
peron33uk wrote:

Very happy about this.

Well done dude.
You can say that again. :clap:
It is now official. Lovely. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Club making some good decisions so far, but I see a sting in the tail. :blink: :sad: :mad:
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

Great move Arsenal!