The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cally
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Cally »

spastic wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:See Spastic yabbing us left and right. City are the ones that want us to sell Sanchez to them, and they still get mouth to be yabbing us on top. :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
Where did I yab?s.

I was just saying personally I think Arsenal players are soft. And if I were running City would generally not buy Arsenal players. But I'm not and City for some silly reason, love buying arsenal's weak minded players.

Granted, Sanchez doesn't fit that mold. But for F sake. Kolo, Adebayor, Nasri, Clichy, Sagna... Christ! Enough with the ex-Arsenal players already. None of them have amounted to much.

And definitely we shouldn't be paying 50 million for a 32 yearly. And Yes, Sanchez is 32 to 33 biologically. Coz he has put a lot of mileage on that body.

But otherwise, I jus dey salute Arsenal :D
Kai! That list of players na helele :biggrin:
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Arsenal weighing move for Inter Milan midfielder Marcelo Brozovic - sources ...
Wenger is on a roll ... the man seems to have found new joy in spending money...
Will be interesting to see who he starts offloading ...
Sanchez must be #1 on that list.
Bepanda
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

spastic wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:See Spastic yabbing us left and right. City are the ones that want us to sell Sanchez to them, and they still get mouth to be yabbing us on top. :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
Where did I yab?s.

I was just saying personally I think Arsenal players are soft. And if I were running City would generally not buy Arsenal players. But I'm not and City for some silly reason, love buying arsenal's weak minded players.

Granted, Sanchez doesn't fit that mold. But for F sake. Kolo, Adebayor, Nasri, Clichy, Sagna... Christ! Enough with the ex-Arsenal players already. None of them have amounted to much.

And definitely we shouldn't be paying 50 million for a 32 yearly. And Yes, Sanchez is 32 to 33 biologically. Coz he has put a lot of mileage on that body.

Even you now gradually coming around esp on mileage. But we disagree on price.

You do not pay £400k per week wages for a £25m transfer fee. Your salary reflects transfer fees. In this case, you have instigated the move, naturally you must cough up.

I have put down the facts, Arsenal's position not as weak as thought by many. If Arsenal put their foot down and hold out, Sanchez has the most to lose and I know this, those millionaires in the Arsenal Board will love to put pepper in his eyes.

Sanchez will not get the sort of money being offered now in a year's time when he will be almost 30 even as a free agent. His fear is Arsenal will dig in and try to hold him to his final year. So a deal must be reached that satisfies Arsenal too.

Is £50m enough, yes it should be in normal times. But Lukaku at £100m over 4 yrs, means Sanchez must be a minimum £60m if Arsenal can get it.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cally wrote:
spastic wrote:
Where did I yab?s.

Let him keep running his mouth, and we will sell them Debuchy and Gibbs.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cally wrote:
spastic wrote:
Where did I yab?s.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

spastic wrote:
Where did I yab?s.

Gosh Arsenal has given City a LB, RB, CB/DM, AM and CF. It remains goalie. :)
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

theYemster wrote:
spastic wrote:
Where did I yab?s.

Gosh Arsenal has given City a LB, RB, CB/DM, AM and CF. It remains goalie. :)
Almunia is a good candidate
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cally wrote:
spastic wrote:
Where did I yab?s.

I wonder which is worse. Arsenal to Barca or City. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Biological age...Hilarious. So because a trained athlete, who's body has been designed for the purpose through years of conditioning, structured training and refuelling, is in a biologically exhaustive state. Despite the most basic of scientific studies confirming that regular exercise has a far from deleterious effect on chronological age , for the purpose of lessening the shame of losing a star performer to a rival, a fresh length of excrement is pulled from the oral colon. Presumably, all the sprints and pressing of Sanchez grind away at his musculoskeletal system? Bullsh*t, what is the effect of regular exercise on skeletal muscle composition? How do said sprints impact on joint synovial fluid or hyalinisation within cartilage?

There is nothing that advance biological age faster than the sedentary lifestyle and Western diet, Progeria aside. Exercise with optimal diet and recovery is a perfect pairing. The risk, as is the case with all investment in contact sport, is impact injury, the longer you are exposed to insult, the more likely you are to be insulted. Physical decline is indeed a scientifically proven state, but evidence shows this typically occurs, steadily, from 35 years of chronological age. Needless to say, studies cannot factor in various variables, but of the research conducted, theres good reason to offer this nonsense, a can of air freshener, roll of tissue and bottle of Domestos. Or rather, a jockstrap or pair of Y fronts, boll*cks.
Last edited by Coach on Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

In addendum, in another thread, Lukaku was chastised for covering the least distance, reaching the slowest top speed and having made the fewest sprints, from a list of five Premier League forwards. Rather than evidence against his transfer fee, does this all not suggest a biological age in tandem with or perhaps slightly less than his chronological age? Could United have actually acquired a striker who may well be, through his on-field laziness, have extended his playing career by another 5 or so years?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Coach wrote:Biological age...Hilarious. So because a trained athlete, who's body has been designed for the purpose through years of conditioning, structured training and refuelling, is in a biologically exhaustive state. Despite the most basic of scientific studies confirming that regular exercise has a far from deleterious effect on chronological age , for the purpose of lessening the shame of losing a star performer to a rival, a fresh length of excrement is pulled from the oral colon. Presumably, all the sprints and pressing of Sanchez grind away at his musculoskeletal system? Bullsh*t, what is the effect of regular exercise on skeletal muscle composition? How do said sprints impact on joint synovial fluid or hyalinisation within cartilage?

There is nothing that advance biological age faster than the sedentary lifestyle and Western diet, Progeria aside. Exercise with optimal diet and recovery is a perfect pairing. The risk, as is the case with all investment in contact sport, is impact injury, the longer you are exposed to insult, the more likely you are to be insulted. Physical decline is indeed a scientifically proven state, but evidence shows this typically occurs, steadily, from 35 years of chronological age. Needless to say, studies cannot factor in various variables, but of the research conducted, theres good reason to offer this nonsense, a ca of air freshener, roll of tissue and bottle of Domestos. Or rather, a jockstrap or Y fronts, boll*cks.
give.a.dog.a.bad.name.so.you.can.hang.it.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Rooney could be heading back to Everton, interesting. I admire Rooney. Would have added that grit or mental toughness that we lack at Arsenal.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohenhen1 wrote:Rooney could be heading back to Everton, interesting. I admire Rooney. Would have added that grit or mental toughness that we lack at Arsenal.

you lot are eager to sell Sanchez, but want to add Rooney for "grit or mental toughness"?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

If 60% of what is been written about Alexis & Ozil is right then we're witnessing stereotypes of the calm German & Overzealous Latino in the way they negotiate.
Let's get something straight, these 2players get more off-field endorsements playing for us than at Real or Barca cos they've become faces of the club. Their suitors will not give them that.
If ManC & Pep are Alexis's main suitor - we've history with Pep, some of y'all have forgotten or maybe never knew.. After Cesc left for Barca, it was revealed by many in the Catalan press in a boastful manner that Pep was giving Cesc daily instructions on how to undermine us while we were negotiating with Barca - so b4 he left we kept getting stmts about Cesc being injured, sick etc..depending on the day.
I suspect the Alexis rumoured 400k weekly demand came about from such going-ons - not Messi or CR make those sums plus ManC already has issues with Aguero/Jesus playing time. This is what happens when a gaffer gets too invested in a player - ManC to me need central midfielders,defenders across the back....
Like i pointed out in a previous post, Alexis like every Gooner is still very valuable to CL teams in Jan & the transfer window then is super inflated.
We should bring in quality, hit the ground running - with Europa we stand that chance of being in a weak group which lets us use a weak team & have our key players fresh for league games. We must stay aggressive in this window - i am still a Lemar & Riyad guy - let there be competition within the squad. Alexis has to perform cos he'll need big offers post jan & we're heading to a WC year. It looks to me like he has overplayed his hand
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Rooney could be heading back to Everton, interesting. I admire Rooney. Would have added that grit or mental toughness that we lack at Arsenal.

you lot are eager to sell Sanchez, but want to add Rooney for "grit or mental toughness"?
Big part of mental toughness is personal fitness - that's a memory to him. Dude was on the bench while Uncle Zlatan came to a new league & carried Rooney's club on his back. Just saying.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

tolahs wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Big part of mental toughness is personal fitness - that's a memory to him. Dude was on the bench while Uncle Zlatan came to a new league & carried Rooney's club on his back. Just saying.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: maybe kicking opponents and getting red cards, or telling refs to eff off, are considered mental toughness.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Ohen, Rooney is quarter past finished, sadly the motivation or rather lack thereof has had a governing effect over the ability he has. Will the quest for hometown glory triumph over the pockets swollen with gold disinterest? A new challenge was certainly the necessary, however one can't help but feel that, having little left to prove as a Premiership footballer, Rooney may well be more white elephant than stampeding King Baabar.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

spastic wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
bk-one wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
bk-one wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Mesut Ozil has not received any offer from a big club. If this continues, and I assume it will because no big club wants him right now, he will re-sign with Arsenal
Or maybe it is because Arsenal has said he is not for sale...But make I no spoil under agenda, carry on nothing do una...
Bro, I dont do agenda when it comes to transfers. Scroll back to page 2, I broke the Lacazette deal with the ACTUAL transfer fee.

Arsenal has said Sanchez is NOT for sale and he has offers from 3 huge clubs.

Truth is, Ozil's agent has shopped him around to big clubs and he has been rejected.He is simply not at the level of a big club. He will wait and see if anything changes, but I dont think anything will. He will be forced to remain at Arsenal against his will.
Any connections to Ozil's agent and how did you get access to that info. Have you ever considered that Ozil never gave other clubs the idea that he wants to leave that is why nobody made an offer for him?
Ozil , like Sanchez, has contacted several big clubs to state that they intend to leave Arsenal. FACT, not feelings.
Repeating a lie wont make it somehow true......just provide the evidence

Where Molue Conductor? Him suppose come slap this danfo driver :boo: :boo: :boo: Sanchez is not for sale... Nonsense :twisted:[/quote]
I dey vacation
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

SMH
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Waffiman wrote:
Thunder wrote:
anikulapo wrote:I don talk my own. Double Alexis' wages plus more on a new contract and give him a buy out clause of a negotiated fee, of which can be activated at the end of next season.

Thus he can get paid starting in August and if he is unhappy can leave at the end of next season but at least Arsenal get paid :idea:
Aniks, Sounds a viable option. But heard he's trying to force his way out to play CL footie.
Excuse. He is part of the team that failed to get CL football.

If stories are to be believed, Arsenal did double his wages, and I am glad it is not enough to keep him. I personally do not believe Arsenal offered more than £250k per week, I say so because an Agent friend told me Arsenal offered more money to Ozil than Alexis.

Aniks posted Sanchez demanding £400k per week. I called it lies because of the source - The Daily Mirror. Let us assume that there is some truth to that story, only one club in football will do that and we all know how they settle players.

If City are willing to pay such wages, they must pay the transfer fees that goes with it. Alexis will be 29 in December, I completely understand why he must take the money and run. I blame Arsenal for letting things get this far but all is not lost.

City want Alexis next season, the best they will get from him physically is in the next 2 years, Arsenal will have all the data and they will know best the physical condition of the player. City will not want to push Arsenal because they know getting him free at almost 30 years old, is not the same. So they will look to settle Arsenal. This is where I expect Arsenal to dig in and demand a kings ransome - £80m to £100m.

Alexis has not had a pre-season for the last 4 summers because he has been involved with his NT. Would Arsenal really be willing to break the bank for a player with so much mileage at the age of almost 29? Somehow I doubt it.

You all know how I feel about the player, if he goes we get Mahrez and Lemar, with at least £80m from his sale waiting to go into the Mbappe bidding fund, there will be no one happier than me.

Now Wenger must cut a deal with Leicester and Monaco real fast for Mahrez and Lemar.
I understand not wanting(not saying that is what you are implying) to lose him for free next summer but letting him go as he wishes to do right now will do more damage to the image of the club coz other clubs will come for our players knowing fully well that its easier to unsettle our players ( and end up getting them). Sanchez should honor his contract( let him train on his own and lets see if there is any team willing to give a 30 year old that amount of money after he has spent the whole season without playing competitively) and that way other players will know that arsenal cant just be pushed around.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

@afcstuff @draper_rob
Arsenal may bid for a centre back this summer with Southampton's Virgil Van Dijk a prime target after Liverpool's approaches failed. #afc
----
Me suspects his agent pushing this - great defender, massive Liverpool co*k-up on that but we use Chambers(who they've wanted for a while as
part trade).
------------------------
@afcstuff @ChrisWheatley_
Alexis has no real connection to Arsenal, unlike Özil who is close to Wenger, loves London and has many friends here. [@ChrisWheatley_] #afc
-------------------
If we paid him £400k, he'll be good though:
Luis Suárez £240,000,Neymar £289,000,Lionel Messi £365,000, Cristiano Ronaldo £365,000,
----------------------------------------
Bellerin said he missed “being with my parents after games, it’s something I’ve done since childhood.
---------------------------
This is when you cannot even make up a decent lie - so Hector who is arguably more integrated into London life than most Londoners
is now homesick? We've African & S.American players unable to speak English but a Catalan who just got the Barca buzz should be let go cos
of post game habits
OK, i read elsewhere Barca were looking at other options
I honestly think we should swear off the Barca kids - Merida was a bust, Toral's still in the system but the way Barca comes back to claim them is something we need to not welcome in the future.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Alexis is gone for sure folks.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

amafolas wrote:Alexis is gone for sure folks.

Who cares we have Ozil and Ramsey - "Waffi" :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.