The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:N'Golo Kante totally outplayed & outlasted our midfield. He'd a job of work to do & he owned it. We must be very careful how often
in big matches we deploy Xhaka & Ramsey as the 2central midfielders - none of them is a good ball winner - Ramsey wants to run forward,
Xhaka becomes overloaded & defensive line operates w/o a shield - it looked horrible in the 1st half vs Bayern - Chelsea cashed the cheque today.
It's imperative we get Riyad into our setup - add to that Oriol Romeu & Virgil Van Dijk
When we switched formations last season, we developed into a more compact unit with better balance - today's match vs Chelsea reminded me of Spurs
away last season - our wingbacks caught out a lot plus we look ready to concede after every setpiece - - back to school for the team. Must get that shape right
Conte has obviously seen how Wenger has approached pre season so far, so he played the team that played in the semi final of the FA Cup.

Arsenal stuck to the pre season plan as Wenger continued his assessment of the next crop of young players he may need to replace some of those leaving the club this season.

If you cannot use pre season to assess Bramall, Niles, Willock, Nelson etc etc then when can you?

You guys just seem to miss the whole point of pre season.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Just my POV, AW fully aware squad needs serious upgrade but desired targets i.e Lemar, Keita and or Sarri at the moment unattainable.

In lieu of inability to land said targets AW has to give this limited squad as much game time as possible in order to ready for Friday night clash vs Leicester city in 3 weeks time.
This was Chelsea's 1st pre-season match - so they've concentrated on fitness work & tactical drills - our problem isn't playing time -
we lacked any tactical plan & end up looking like strangers - as fans we've become used to letting bad habits slide for example almost
conceding goals on the counter from our set pieces - that goes back to SAF Manu vs Ars -CL all those yrs ago & we're still very vulnerable.
We're back to going deep to defending our box - we already found a template last season - we should have better habits w/o the ball defensively.
Not talking about fitness, if AW can't land a CM like Sarri welp that means likes of Niles are going to become a mainstay in CM.

Recall AW use of Iwobi and Holding last pre season, they played a lot minutes with the intention that both would play significant roles for Arsenal in the 16/17 camagain.

Niles playing CB and CM all pre season no coincidence, AW has handed Niles a trial by fire. Same can be said for young Nelson, if AW can't land a Lemar, expect to see Nelson featured in the first team far sooner then most anticipate, not ideal but AW not clueless as many think....he can't just wait on arrival of likes of Lemar and Seri, Gooners for years complain about no plan B from AW..welp here's plan B.

Plan B is failing so what is Plan C and D. ...... another silly excuse. Paying Ozil 280 K has to be the steal of the century, not one single club made an offer for the lazy one.
Yep Holding was a total failure last season, as was Iwobi.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gooners can be such hypocrites....How many lost their $#% over Spurs nicking Dele Ali for nothing..no secret players only show worth if given a run of games i.e Holding.

Overall look at PL big money additions few if any exceptional additions...clubs are reluctant to sell truly top talent. In that case it's on all managers to either make do with what they have or spend ludicrous amounts on inferior players..I prefer the former.

It's AW job to get it right, he'll be judged accordingly.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:Waffi season never start nah .... you usually only go on hiatus after a loss .... relax 'Tis only a dah preseason :taunt: but the same problems and players that I point out and excuses you make still remain ... what else is new ... same old Arsenal, same old lame excuses :mrgreen:
Since pre season to you is all about winning and losing. Arsenal won 3 lost 1. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

amafolas wrote:am I the only one that isn't keen on Lemar or Lamar or whatever his name is? Selling Alexis and buying Lemar does not make us better football wise. Younger talent often take 2 to 3 years to start getting to the production of players in their prime age. By which point, he will have only 1 or 2 years left on his contract and holding us to ransom like Nasri did.
Whoever said Lemar is a like for like replacement for Sanchez? Two completely different type of players.

If Arsenal sell Sanchez, and they do not need to, financially it must be worth their while. Next season is the most important season in the recent history of the club.

Financially, it will be a disaster for the club to miss out on CL football next season. This is why I believe the club will keep Sanchez if they are sure they will get full committed from him next season.

Lemar joining is not dependent on Sanchez, it is more about the options he will bring to the team and squad.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:N'Golo Kante totally outplayed & outlasted our midfield. He'd a job of work to do & he owned it. We must be very careful how often
in big matches we deploy Xhaka & Ramsey as the 2central midfielders - none of them is a good ball winner - Ramsey wants to run forward,
Xhaka becomes overloaded & defensive line operates w/o a shield - it looked horrible in the 1st half vs Bayern - Chelsea cashed the cheque today.
It's imperative we get Riyad into our setup - add to that Oriol Romeu & Virgil Van Dijk
When we switched formations last season, we developed into a more compact unit with better balance - today's match vs Chelsea reminded me of Spurs
away last season - our wingbacks caught out a lot plus we look ready to concede after every setpiece - - back to school for the team. Must get that shape right
Conte has obviously seen how Wenger has approached pre season so far, so he played the team that played in the semi final of the FA Cup.

Arsenal stuck to the pre season plan as Wenger continued his assessment of the next crop of young players he may need to replace some of those leaving the club this season.

If you cannot use pre season to assess Bramall, Niles, Willock, Nelson etc etc then when can you?

I hope they will also stick to the seasons plan so that there will be no excuse come May next year. The plan must be for a treble considering that he is likely the most experienced coach. Also the only coach that players are willing to play for free of charge. I always admire those players who will either play for Wenger or quit football.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

If things don't change in the next three weeks the season will be over by December and Wenger might not survive this time :idea: the fans just won't tolerate any more excuses
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:If things don't change in the next three weeks the season will be over by December and Wenger might not survive this time :idea: the fans just won't tolerate any more excuses
What fans?

Not at the Emirates. Let me make this clear, and it is already coming out. Wenger outers, who many at the Emirates blame as being part of the problem last season, will not be tolerated next season. For example, Letters have been written to the club asking Arsenal Fan TV be removed from the grounds of the Emirates.

I believe there will be violence if the club does not act on AFTV. I know the hate felt by a lot of fans at the Emirates towards them and all it will take is a controversial comment and boom. Mark my words.

The fan base is divided on social media but if this team and Manager are undermined by any sections of the fan base at the Emirates, the majority will not be passive.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

anikulapo wrote:If things don't change in the next three weeks the season will be over by December and Wenger might not survive this time :idea: the fans just won't tolerate any more excuses
A nobody like you spamming this forum..by a plane ticket and go a d camp in assnal's office and shout
..instead of overloading our forum...jobless being
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote:
What fans?

Not at the Emirates. Let me make this clear, and it is already coming out. Wenger outers, who many at the Emirates blame as being part of the problem last season, will not be tolerated next season. For example, Letters have been written to the club asking Arsenal Fan TV be removed from the grounds of the Emirates.

I believe there will be violence if the club does not act on AFTV. I know the hate felt by a lot of fans at the Emirates towards them and all it will take is a controversial comment and boom. Mark my words.

The fan base is divided on social media but if this team and Manager are undermined by any sections of the fan base at the Emirates, the majority will not be passive.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
What fans?

Waffi Waffi Waffi my good man you keep living in denial :mrgreen:

When things went south last, predictably you pick race until the failed top four push :mrgreen: Your problem just like the Arsenal brass is that y'all are slow learners and have poor anticipatory skills .

The problems at Arsenal are obvious and pretty easy to deal with but there is a lack of will and steel to deal with the issue. And therein lies the problem and why we sorely miss David Dein.

Why does this team still need a Crocked Santi and still have no replacement?

Why do we still lack a dominant ball winning central midfielder ?

How long are we gonna waste time and resources in Mezut Ozil?

I mean I could go on and on but every season it's the same old story: Arsenal are two or three players away from being great ... the way things are going, nothing will change :idea: and come winter the in-fighting and dissension amongst the faithful will reach a fever pitch and this time, Wenger might not survive :scared:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

anikulapo wrote:
bouncino wrote:The team needs an enforcer in CM but watch AW focus on offensive players only.

Wait isn't that Xhacrap??? :rotf: :rotf:
No, Xhaka is not.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bouncino wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
bouncino wrote:The team needs an enforcer in CM but watch AW focus on offensive players only.

No, Xhaka is not.
Well scroll back 12 month soon ago and see what some people here were saying about him :D

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
What fans?

Waffi Waffi Waffi my good man you keep living in denial :mrgreen:

When things went south last, predictably you pick race until the failed top four push :mrgreen: Your problem just like the Arsenal brass is that y'all are slow learners and have poor anticipatory skills .

The problems at Arsenal are obvious and pretty easy to deal with but there is a lack of will and steel to deal with the issue. And therein lies the problem and why we sorely miss David Dein.

Why does this team still need a Crocked Santi and still have no replacement?

Why do we still lack a dominant ball winning central midfielder ?

How long are we gonna waste time and resources in Mezut Ozil?

I mean I could go on and on but every season it's the same old story: Arsenal are two or three players away from being great ... the way things are going, nothing will change :idea: and come winter the in-fighting and dissension amongst the faithful will reach a fever pitch and this time, Wenger might not survive :scared:
Wenger does not spend his money, he spends what the owner gives to him. So far he has spent money, we all know he will spend again. But if you look at Chekski, ManU and City thinking we will spend like them, then you are in lala land.

So far fans judging from my WhatsApp Groups are very happy with the 2 signings. Also happy club wants to move on the players we already know they want moving on. Fans see positivity and are happy with how Arsenal are handling the Sanchez situation so far.

You can join the professional moaners and moan, it changes nothing for Wenger, the fans this season will stick by their club because they have seen the result of division. We all know what we need to compete and we are confident it will, by and large be done by window close.

The key for our window now rest on players we can move on cos we need the space and funds before more additions apart from Lemar.

You can moan over pre season friendlies results, but no experienced fan I know, (I hang out with 10 yrs ST veterans) even takes notice of friendlies. All we are keen on is movement out cos we need to replace injury prone and inconsistent performers. If we get rid of 5 of them, we are set.

Rumours of Lemar being announced before or after Emirates Cup. Monaco want serious money for a very talented player but it is looking like it may happen as both sides are now talking.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
bouncino wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

No, Xhaka is not.
Well scroll back 12 month soon ago and see what some people here were saying about him :D
Xhaka is a deep lying controller or playmaker who does his fair share of defensive work. He is no enforcer. Go look at Arteta of 2013/14, that is what Wenger wants with Ramsey.

You are the only one I know that fails to see the qualities Xhaka, Ozil and Ramsey bring to the team. That's fair enough, but it does not make you right. Indeed it makes you wrong, but who cares, we all have our opinions.

The fact that the club will not sign the players you think they should does not make you right, and attacking the above players will never make you right. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
bouncino wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

No, Xhaka is not.
Xhaka is a deep lying controller or playmaker who does his fair share of defensive work. He is no enforcer. Go look at Arteta of 2013/14, that is what Wenger wants with Ramsey.

You are the only one I know that fails to see the qualities Xhaka, Ozil and Ramsey bring to the team. That's fair enough, but it does not make you right. Indeed it makes you wrong, but who cares, we all have our opinions.

The fact that the club will not sign the players you think they should does not make you right, and attacking the above players will never make you right. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Xhaka, Ozil and Ramsey your heroes abi? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Pray tell which of the top clubs in England not to talk of the larger European leagues would take a second look at that trio?

Those three personify the crap and overrated wasteland that has become Arsenal football club :rotf:

Take Mezut Ozil, this fool is in the last year of a contract And put forth his worst display of four underwhelming, to say the least, seasons at Arsenal .... so why would the club now want to double his salary?????

Therein lies the problem at Arsenal .... no top club wants anything to do with Ozil. If Arsenal had any sense in their heads they would allow his contract to expire and dare him to look elsewhere :idea:

Xhacrap? Ah less said the better :roll:

Ramshyt? Well I noticed all the humble pie noisemakers have long run away .... nothing more to say ..

Waffi stop embarrassing ya self ....Mumu :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Wenger us not messing about on Sanchez. This is as categoric as it can get.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/wengers-la ... out-alexis
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Jadon Sancho? Nice. We need to improve the Academy too.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:Wenger us not messing about on Sanchez. This is as categoric as it can get.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/wengers-la ... out-alexis

So you believe Arsene :woot: :lol: :lol:

MLK.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Waffiman wrote:Jadon Sancho? Nice. We need to improve the Academy too.
Doesn't he want to leave City bcos he lacks 1st team opportunity? Why will he come and get stucked in the academy?
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:Jadon Sancho? Nice. We need to improve the Academy too.
So all ya hype over Fortune and Adelaide don quiet :laugh: and er with the performance of Maitland-Niles maybe his Mom should slap you for overhyping him :taunt:

And of course I forgot Danyell Malen :D

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Just my POV, AW fully aware squad needs serious upgrade but desired targets i.e Lemar, Keita and or Sarri at the moment unattainable.

In lieu of inability to land said targets AW has to give this limited squad as much game time as possible in order to ready for Friday night clash vs Leicester city in 3 weeks time.
This was Chelsea's 1st pre-season match - so they've concentrated on fitness work & tactical drills - our problem isn't playing time -
we lacked any tactical plan & end up looking like strangers - as fans we've become used to letting bad habits slide for example almost
conceding goals on the counter from our set pieces - that goes back to SAF Manu vs Ars -CL all those yrs ago & we're still very vulnerable.
We're back to going deep to defending our box - we already found a template last season - we should have better habits w/o the ball defensively.
Not talking about fitness, if AW can't land a CM like Sarri welp that means likes of Niles are going to become a mainstay in CM.

Recall AW use of Iwobi and Holding last pre season, they played a lot minutes with the intention that both would play significant roles for Arsenal in the 16/17 camagain.

Niles playing CB and CM all pre season no coincidence, AW has handed Niles a trial by fire. Same can be said for young Nelson, if AW can't land a Lemar, expect to see Nelson featured in the first team far sooner then most anticipate, not ideal but AW not clueless as many think....he can't just wait on arrival of likes of Lemar and Seri, Gooners for years complain about no plan B from AW..welp here's plan B.
Even AW has said(i am led to believe) he'll be playing a lot of the youngsters in the Europa cup so i hope they get those drills going.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

The fanbase seems obsessed with creative midfielders - people are so Ray Charles to the fact that we're constantly been overrun in midfield this preseason.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:

That the likes of Bramall, Niles, Willock, Nelson get to play excites me - whilst Bramall hasn't lifted any trees, he's more than convinced
me Gibbs can go - where Kieran seemed to lack hunger & motivation, this kid has that in spades & i am an unapologetic fan. But our issues were
very basic - lack of shape to start with - our GKs have had to do more work vs both Bayern & Chelsea.
The sort of goal Batshuayi scored is like one Kroos scored for Bayern against us in the CL ages ago. The sort of vulnerability we are showing
off our set pieces were 1st majorly exposed by SAF in a CL tie eons ago.
Those kids need to be drilled to the nines on shape & balance cos i expect a lot of them to play in the Europa cup & go far.
Regardless of who the Blues lined up, we must see it as a challenge that they looked to be in sync this soon - the point of the preseason is to cultivate good habits.