The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:Has anyone heard that Lemar may be close?
Heard both sides are finally talking. They rejected previous 2 offers, but recent offer good enough to start negotiations. Also rumours says Monaco want £30m cash upfront, Arsenal offering £20m cash. The Lemar fee is rumouerd to be £55m. If this is true, Arsenal have done excellent to even get them to negotiate at that price.

I must say, I have even heard talk of it being done by Friday but I am sceptical of all this talk because o the price being quoted for the player. The player cannot be £55m if Mendy is £52m.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gunzilla wrote:
bouncino wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
bouncino wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
bouncino wrote:The team needs an enforcer in CM but watch AW focus on offensive players only.

Wait isn't that Xhacrap??? :rotf: :rotf:
No, Xhaka is not.
I do not understand this talk about an 'Enforcer'. I read so much about it here and wonder if we are talking the same thing. First let's try to deal with the definition. Do you guys mean a Hard Man, a midfielder who make tough tackles and gives an attitude to their team. The type who lead their team by looking to intimidate the other team. The type with desire and fight that get them into trouble, with yellow and even red cards.

Look! I am not naive, this is an important role for all teams. I know every team team needs players who demands the best from everyone on the field, every team needs that type of players that will seek retribution if a team mate receives harsh treatment from the other team. That leader or leaders are very vocal players that demands the best from team mates and if anyone is not giving their best, they will be sure to let them know it. This is an important role for all teams and you needs players like this. The myth is, this player has to play midfield or you only need one of them in the team. I know from my years of watching Arsenal and all top teams, that this sort of players were all over the pitch and it was not only one of them. Arsenal had hard men all over the pitch and these hard men could play. The thing about them also, is when you kicked Henry or Pires, you knew there was going to be retribution but you could never guess who it was that was going to dish it out. This helped the team and the Refs could not single out a players most of the time. In the ManU team, one of the nastiest players was Giggs, he gave his team mates the heardest of times and every time I watched, I was always impressed by his leadership skills. But you never hear this mentioned about Giggs, on the opposite is Vieira. The nonsense of Vieira being called an enforcer. Vieira physical side often gave this notion of a hard man whose technical skills were grossly under rated. Vieira's technical abilities far out weighted his physical abilities and Wenger has always concentrated on footballers before hard men.

Arsenal's problem in MF has nothing to do with a so called enforcer IMHO. Our problem is all about that player who can play out of the press, that player that can break the lines from central midfield, not some physical enforcer. For me, the difference between an ordinary team and a good one, are those with players that can turn defensive situations into attacking ones in 2 to 3 seconds. That is what we lack, not some so called enforcers. An analysis of last season showed how the game has changed in this country. For the first time, more goals were scored in transition situations than fro set piece situations. Indeed, transition situations, led to the most set piece situations. So all this enforcer talk, IMHO is way off the mark. Our problem in the last two seasons have started when we lost Santi - he is no enforcer. Losing him meant we lost the man who could do everything and was our technical controller in that MF. With him absent, teams used a new approach with their pressing. They pressed us with numbers, forced us to pass back to the Goalie who hoofed the ball. When we tried to force the issue, we gave the ball away or were pressed into errors. During the course of a game, this happened too many times. Another way we get out of defence is to use wide positions, with MF lacking Santi, it was all too predictable and slow. We we got the ball to the wide man, he was so often with his back to goal and could not take the ball on the half turn etc. etc.

Xhaka's was used to staying in a fixed zone and dictating play in a very rigid defensive system. Last season, he had to adapt to a fluid system with the Boss asking him to be more box to box. He does not have the dexterity or nimble feet of Santi, so when pressed, he could not dribble out of tight situations like Santi, consequently he was not so effective with those defensive splitting passes that broke the lines taking out 2 to 3 defenders. Xhaka was targeted cos he was new to the league and was adapting his game and mentality. He struggled when he first lost Santi as a partner especially, cos Santi took attention away from him and we retained the ball far better. Go watch the Watford at Vicarage Rd. Xhaka showed great mentality and improved despite playing with different partners until Ramsey was fit and he was able to play with him more in a system change. Perhaps the most important quality we lost was his ability the dribble out of the press. We lost the ability to build quickly from defence, thus giving Ozil and Sanchez the ball early and in space with one on one situations.

Our system change, is often mentioned for how it helped the team defensively because unlike the 4-2-3-1, the 3-4-2-1 we played, gave us that extra man in defense. But, Arsenal extra man made it difficulty for teams to press us with the same kind of success they had with the 4-2-3-1 cos the CDs could pass the ball by stepping into midfield zones. Monreal was especially good with those passes out wide or between the lines to Sanchez or Ozil who will take positions in field whilst the Wide Backs or Full Back offered width. The security of the extra CD who were often nimble and quick. also allowed for Ramsey to break into attacking positions. No sort of enforcer, can bring about such changes in a 4-2-3-1 system, only a ball playing controller like Santi. Lemar if signed can make a difference due to his talent but I prefer him in other positions in the team.

I am concerned Wenger seems to want to gamble again on Santi, even Wilshere another one who is a good option cannot be relied on to be fit. What we need to go get a player like Kovacic. I will take Rabiot, Rafinha and even Imbrula. But I am seriously hoping Wenger does not gamble with the CM position this season. If he really wants to play 4-2-3-1, he needs a player to break the lines.

Finally, I must say, I have noticed Iwobi playing centrally in this position, I saw him play there in the Academy and has the ability to play there. But is he really keen? Does he want to play there? Can Wenger put it in his head that he can be the man? I am watching with keen interest.
Waffi, stop the English.
We are talking of somebody who breaks the opponents play. Arsenal let opponents walk through them. Remember Hazard's goal with Coq falling everywhere. Rem,ember Bayern running rings around Arsenal?
I am talking of a Kante kind of player. Remind me how many red cards he got last season. And yes he scored goals too. Do you remember a certain Giberto?

I am quite sure you know what i am talking about when I say ENFORCER.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Is this not what we have been telling you for the past 5 seasons ?? The kind of player that you said Wenger does does play ? Like Vieira,Petit,Gilberto Silva ??

Now its cos of Santi's injury that we haven't won the league !! :rotf: :rotf:
Sorry, this is beyond the grasp of an ignorant football person like you. There is nothing you have ever posted here that exhibits your knowledge of such. Stick to your level of Wenger insults. It is for the best. Cheers.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
tolahs wrote:The optics of a hulk in the center of midfield looking intimidating ain't always the most effective way to go to battle. In the last 20yrs, there's no way you talk DM & ball winning midfielders w/o including Claude Makélélé,Javier Mascherano & N'Golo Kante.
Kante is more mobile than the other 2 & chases the ball - he's a very effective initiator of counterattacks but his like is very rare. At Arsenal with Gilberto, DMs covered that zone in front of the backline but with Flamini's great one season - he was a ball presser with killer stamina. AW now seems to want anyone who lines up there to do the same but we might be better off with a zone protector(Gilberto Style) - Coq was very impressive playing the spot that way until AW demanded that he cover more ground - it's not his game.
In many ways Xhaka's game is like Xabi Alonso & neither of them has the discipline to be ball winners or DMs.. Elneny looks to be headed to Turkey & the annual Cavalho to Arsenal talking point is taken off
One player in the EPL who can break up & ping the ball about is Oriol Romeu - for the life of me, i don't understand why we ain't after him
He is limited. Go and watch Arsenal vs Southampton last season you will see what i am talking about
To call Oriol Romeu limited in a discussion about ball winning midfielders is a nonsense(utterly so) - that you use 1(one) match w/o specifics
is beyond ambiguous - by those standards Lukaku's performance for Belgium against Italy last summer & the way Van Dijk had him in his pocket
at home to Everton last season means he should step down from the EPL!!!
I agree. We have Coquelin who has more to his game than Romeu. Besides, he is not what we want.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gooner1 wrote:every transfer season is the same b0llocks with AFC and Wenger....
it always evolves around the Herculean effort of retaining our best players whilst others are focused on strengthening their squad....
a couple of additional players (one free, some youts, and a 'big' signing is all you will get from Wenger)
then u wonder why by feb we 10+ points behind the leaders, be it chelshite, manure, cites, pool or Leicester
can't wait for the wanker to leave
You got another 5 years? That's the minimum waiting time. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:every transfer season is the same b0llocks with AFC and Wenger....
it always evolves around the Herculean effort of retaining our best players whilst others are focused on strengthening their squad....
a couple of additional players (one free, some youts, and a 'big' signing is all you will get from Wenger)
then u wonder why by feb we 10+ points behind the leaders, be it chelshite, manure, cites, pool or Leicester
You got another 5 years? That's the minimum waiting time. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
he'll be lucky if he gets another extension....let's bet
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Renato Sanches? Is he worth a bid or loan? Great talent and potential and I would love to keep him away from Jose who I think can turn him into a beast. Ancelloti has also put him up for sale .... would take him over Le Coq and Xhacrap
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
CROWN
Egg
Egg

Post by CROWN »

How will Monaco survive if they lose more players?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... va-ligue-1
Gunzilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Gunzilla »

Waffiman wrote:
Gunzilla wrote:
bouncino wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
bouncino wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
bouncino wrote:The team needs an enforcer in CM but watch AW focus on offensive players only.

Wait isn't that Xhacrap??? :rotf: :rotf:
No, Xhaka is not.
I do not understand this talk about an 'Enforcer'. I read so much about it here and wonder if we are talking the same thing. First let's try to deal with the definition. Do you guys mean a Hard Man, a midfielder who make tough tackles and gives an attitude to their team. The type who lead their team by looking to intimidate the other team. The type with desire and fight that get them into trouble, with yellow and even red cards.

Look! I am not naive, this is an important role for all teams. I know every team team needs players who demands the best from everyone on the field, every team needs that type of players that will seek retribution if a team mate receives harsh treatment from the other team. That leader or leaders are very vocal players that demands the best from team mates and if anyone is not giving their best, they will be sure to let them know it. This is an important role for all teams and you needs players like this. The myth is, this player has to play midfield or you only need one of them in the team. I know from my years of watching Arsenal and all top teams, that this sort of players were all over the pitch and it was not only one of them. Arsenal had hard men all over the pitch and these hard men could play. The thing about them also, is when you kicked Henry or Pires, you knew there was going to be retribution but you could never guess who it was that was going to dish it out. This helped the team and the Refs could not single out a players most of the time. In the ManU team, one of the nastiest players was Giggs, he gave his team mates the heardest of times and every time I watched, I was always impressed by his leadership skills. But you never hear this mentioned about Giggs, on the opposite is Vieira. The nonsense of Vieira being called an enforcer. Vieira physical side often gave this notion of a hard man whose technical skills were grossly under rated. Vieira's technical abilities far out weighted his physical abilities and Wenger has always concentrated on footballers before hard men.

Arsenal's problem in MF has nothing to do with a so called enforcer IMHO. Our problem is all about that player who can play out of the press, that player that can break the lines from central midfield, not some physical enforcer. For me, the difference between an ordinary team and a good one, are those with players that can turn defensive situations into attacking ones in 2 to 3 seconds. That is what we lack, not some so called enforcers. An analysis of last season showed how the game has changed in this country. For the first time, more goals were scored in transition situations than fro set piece situations. Indeed, transition situations, led to the most set piece situations. So all this enforcer talk, IMHO is way off the mark. Our problem in the last two seasons have started when we lost Santi - he is no enforcer. Losing him meant we lost the man who could do everything and was our technical controller in that MF. With him absent, teams used a new approach with their pressing. They pressed us with numbers, forced us to pass back to the Goalie who hoofed the ball. When we tried to force the issue, we gave the ball away or were pressed into errors. During the course of a game, this happened too many times. Another way we get out of defence is to use wide positions, with MF lacking Santi, it was all too predictable and slow. We we got the ball to the wide man, he was so often with his back to goal and could not take the ball on the half turn etc. etc.

Xhaka's was used to staying in a fixed zone and dictating play in a very rigid defensive system. Last season, he had to adapt to a fluid system with the Boss asking him to be more box to box. He does not have the dexterity or nimble feet of Santi, so when pressed, he could not dribble out of tight situations like Santi, consequently he was not so effective with those defensive splitting passes that broke the lines taking out 2 to 3 defenders. Xhaka was targeted cos he was new to the league and was adapting his game and mentality. He struggled when he first lost Santi as a partner especially, cos Santi took attention away from him and we retained the ball far better. Go watch the Watford at Vicarage Rd. Xhaka showed great mentality and improved despite playing with different partners until Ramsey was fit and he was able to play with him more in a system change. Perhaps the most important quality we lost was his ability the dribble out of the press. We lost the ability to build quickly from defence, thus giving Ozil and Sanchez the ball early and in space with one on one situations.

Our system change, is often mentioned for how it helped the team defensively because unlike the 4-2-3-1, the 3-4-2-1 we played, gave us that extra man in defense. But, Arsenal extra man made it difficulty for teams to press us with the same kind of success they had with the 4-2-3-1 cos the CDs could pass the ball by stepping into midfield zones. Monreal was especially good with those passes out wide or between the lines to Sanchez or Ozil who will take positions in field whilst the Wide Backs or Full Back offered width. The security of the extra CD who were often nimble and quick. also allowed for Ramsey to break into attacking positions. No sort of enforcer, can bring about such changes in a 4-2-3-1 system, only a ball playing controller like Santi. Lemar if signed can make a difference due to his talent but I prefer him in other positions in the team.

I am concerned Wenger seems to want to gamble again on Santi, even Wilshere another one who is a good option cannot be relied on to be fit. What we need to go get a player like Kovacic. I will take Rabiot, Rafinha and even Imbrula. But I am seriously hoping Wenger does not gamble with the CM position this season. If he really wants to play 4-2-3-1, he needs a player to break the lines.

Finally, I must say, I have noticed Iwobi playing centrally in this position, I saw him play there in the Academy and has the ability to play there. But is he really keen? Does he want to play there? Can Wenger put it in his head that he can be the man? I am watching with keen interest.
Waffi, stop the English.
We are talking of somebody who breaks the opponents play. Arsenal let opponents walk through them. Remember Hazard's goal with Coq falling everywhere. Rem,ember Bayern running rings around Arsenal?
I am talking of a Kante kind of player. Remind me how many red cards he got last season. And yes he scored goals too. Do you remember a certain Giberto?

I am quite sure you know what i am talking about when I say ENFORCER.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Is this not what we have been telling you for the past 5 seasons ?? The kind of player that you said Wenger does does play ? Like Vieira,Petit,Gilberto Silva ??

Now its cos of Santi's injury that we haven't won the league !! :rotf: :rotf:
Sorry, this is beyond the grasp of an ignorant football person like you. There is nothing you have ever posted here that exhibits your knowledge of such. Stick to your level of Wenger insults. It is for the best. Cheers.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Aww Waffi is butt hurt cos i have called out you out in your hypocrisy in trying to weasel out of this one :taunt: :taunt:

Me,Aniks and Chief Ogbunigwe among others told you and your ilk several times that Coquelin was average at best and while he improved our overall game the year he was almost sold and brought back from loan,we still needed a world class DM (the position you have now benevolently christened as CM). Then when Coquelin started struggling until Wenger paired him with Santi,you proclaimed Santi the new messiah. Were you not the one championing Arteta as our savior while he was strolling back when we were been trounced 6-0 by Chelsea. Where was his breaking up the lines of attack back then ??

P.S : Ive played more soccer in my lifetime than you'd ever write about on these pages. I still do.Every weekend. The fact that some of us don't have time to respond to all the tripe you write on here does not mean we dont see through the b.s.

To quote Aniks.."you are still a slow learner"... :taunt: :taunt:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

47 pages and only a PK specialist signed kai :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gooner1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
You are truly clueless. It is hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

According to Robert Peston, the diehard Gooner and TV man with access to Kroenke. He said Kroenke is scared of Wenger. He said, Wenger has taken such good care of his investment without demanding much in terms of finance that when Wenger complained last season, Kroenke panicked and gave him everything he wanted.

The decision on Wenger staying was taken by Wenger and Korenke in a meeting they both attended and the Board were ordered to endorse it the next day.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:Renato Sanches? Is he worth a bid or loan? Great talent and potential and I would love to keep him away from Jose who I think can turn him into a beast. Ancelloti has also put him up for sale .... would take him over Le Coq and Xhacrap
The one Iwobi made a mug of. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Over rated. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Waffiman wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
You are truly clueless. It is hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

According to Robert Peston, the diehard Gooner and TV man with access to Kroenke. He said Kroenke is scared of Wenger. He said, Wenger has taken such good care of his investment without demanding much in terms of finance that when Wenger complained last season, Kroenke panicked and gave him everything he wanted.

The decision on Wenger staying was taken by Wenger and Korenke in a meeting they both attended and the Board were ordered to endorse it the next day.
So even after last season some Gooners still going down the road of "AW could be in danger of losing his job if blah blah blah happens"

What is it that some Gooners don't get....Said it all last season, I will say it again so those in the back can hear...Kronke has no plan for a post AW era. As a matter of fact Gazidis nor anyone else at Arsenal including Kronke own son Josh were at the meeting where AW signed his extension. It was Stan, AW and..THAT'S IT!!!!!

One thing to want AW out, that's fine but the reality is AW has a job at Arsenal as long as he wishes it to be.

Stan's other teams i.e Rams, Avs and Nuggets are at best poor, at worst in disarray, Stan Kronke still in midst of building a state of the ART stadium in LA for the Rams, in the mix of all that mess for Stan is his one constant the Arsenal led by AW..if anyone thinks Stan Kronke will cave into some Gooners demands to axe AW should Arsenal season disappoint....NO CHANCE!!!
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Renato Sanches? Is he worth a bid or loan? Great talent and potential and I would love to keep him away from Jose who I think can turn him into a beast. Ancelloti has also put him up for sale .... would take him over Le Coq and Xhacrap
The one Iwobi made a mug of. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Over rated. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
You clearly don't watch football sha :rotf: :rotf: go and ask Ngolo Kante today about Renato :rotf: You yab sha ... Yeah stick with LeCrap and and Granit Huddlestone :woot:

You no go sabi real talent even if it smacked you upside that ya coconut head :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

Chei, see what this Arsenal thread has turned to. Just argue argue argue.

Don't we ever agree on anything or at least be at peace?
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

Gunzilla wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Aww Waffi is butt hurt cos i have called out you out in your hypocrisy in trying to weasel out of this one :taunt: :taunt:

Me,Aniks and Chief Ogbunigwe among others told you and your ilk several times that Coquelin was average at best and while he improved our overall game the year he was almost sold and brought back from loan,we still needed a world class DM (the position you have now benevolently christened as CM). Then when Coquelin started struggling until Wenger paired him with Santi,you proclaimed Santi the new messiah. Were you not the one championing Arteta as our savior while he was strolling back when we were been trounced 6-0 by Chelsea. Where was his breaking up the lines of attack back then ??

P.S : Ive played more soccer in my lifetime than you'd ever write about on these pages. I still do.Every weekend. The fact that some of us don't have time to respond to all the tripe you write on here does not mean we dont see through the b.s.

Dude, sorry to say but you lost me you called it Soccer.

:D

I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
Gunzilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Gunzilla »

peron33uk wrote:
Gunzilla wrote:

Lol UK pple don come :taunt: :taunt: ...As a kid in the eighties we called in soccer in Ibadan jare..its not just an American thing.. :D
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
You clearly don't watch football sha :rotf: :rotf: go and ask Ngolo Kante today about Renato :rotf: You yab sha ... Yeah stick with LeCrap and and Granit Huddlestone :woot:

You no go sabi real talent even if it smacked you upside that ya coconut head :taunt:
According to the Aniks pre season logic.....

If Renato is that good and Iwobi mash am, and he mash Kante, them Iwobi better pass Kante. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Oh! The same Chelski that beat Arsenal then got beat by a Bayern team that Arsenal beat.

Yet you moan about pre season results. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

peron33uk wrote:Chei, see what this Arsenal thread has turned to. Just argue argue argue.

I'm cool. But I like to slap my broda Aniks once in a while cos it is sweet. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

According to the Aniks pre season logic.....

If Renato is that good and Iwobi mash am, and he mash Kante, them Iwobi better pass Kante. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Oh! The same Chelski that beat Arsenal then got beat by a Bayern team that Arsenal beat.

Yet you moan about pre season results. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

See ya kwe kwe logic .... when Bayern ran rings around Arsenal you blamed fitness .... when Chelshyt did the same and put the ball in the net you ran away :mrgreen: ... as usual :mrgreen:

So because Iwobi stole the ball from Renato he is now useless ? You this Guy na wa :rotf: :rotf:

And shame no dey even catch youto talk say arsenal beat Bayern? :rotf: :rotf: Jesu see delusion :mrgreen:

ANWYAY Na Bushman like you dey believe say Ozil is worth 280k per week ... an assertion so nonsensical you should be banned from ever posting here withou doing 50 frog jumps :taunt:
Last edited by anikulapo on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
peron33uk wrote:Chei, see what this Arsenal thread has turned to. Just argue argue argue.

I'm cool. But I like to slap my broda Aniks once in a while cos it is sweet. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're slapping yourself :taunt: :taunt: but self delusion is ok by you, I guess :D

MLK.
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

Gunzilla wrote:
peron33uk wrote:
Gunzilla wrote:

Lol UK pple don come :taunt: :taunt: ...As a kid in the eighties we called in soccer in Ibadan jare..its not just an American thing.. :D
Nah man. I grew up in Port-Harcourt and Soccer was not even a term used to represent football.

Maybe you were born in the 90's or at best late 80's.

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Any update about the team?
So who are the players leave g that are still with us and who is coming in?
Thanks
Gunzilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Gunzilla »

peron33uk wrote:
Gunzilla wrote:
peron33uk wrote:
Gunzilla wrote:

Nah man. I grew up in Port-Harcourt and Soccer was not even a term used to represent football.

Maybe you were born in the 90's or at best late 80's.
Loll....dude i was born in the 70s. My broses that taught me footy were born in the 60s. Soccer was a term we used very frequently. Admittedly i grew up in an upper middle class area. On our way to play "set" in the evenings , we often say we going to "tap soccer" or "tap leather".So when i lived in England i was always amused to see the British going berserk anytime the yanks use the term.I grew up with it.. :taunt: :taunt: