The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by tolahs »

Liverpool having an easy game against a bunch of dudes playing like they hiding pregnancies - all that said, we've gotta pick a team fit for purpose - we lost 6pts to them last season - we need to win this like Chelsea made a stmt vs Spurs.
Lineups people - can you play Ramsey & Xhaka against 'Pool?
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

See how much Gooners love them some "Theo"
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 07796.html

Barcelona urged to sign Theo Walcott from Arsenal after revelations about Jean-Michael Seri in Spain
'Sign Walcott!'
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cally wrote:I watched the U-23 game. Wilshere looked quite sharp, and laid a nice assist for Reece. Nelson and Nketiah both got 2 goals each. Both are super talented youngsters that are on the fringes of the main team. Holding played OK in defence as well. Willock played as an unorthodox deep lying mid, and played very well. City have got 2 naija boys that can ball.

We don get Sancho from Man City? Waffi promised us that boy o.
Did I? Try another one. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

The operative word is "rumours". Get it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, looks like no be only me, but a whole you, fell for the smokescreen. Arsene was never interested, otherwise the kid doesn't end up at Spuds. That was probably Wenger and his people showing that they "are trying". Because if the boy is as good as you say he is, there is no reason to let him go to Spuds.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

tolahs wrote:Liverpool having an easy game against a bunch of dudes playing like they hiding pregnancies - all that said, we've gotta pick a team fit for purpose - we lost 6pts to them last season - we need to win this like Chelsea made a stmt vs Spurs.
Hoffenhiem is a better team than Stoke City
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

jdizzy wrote:
tolahs wrote:Liverpool having an easy game against a bunch of dudes playing like they hiding pregnancies - all that said, we've gotta pick a team fit for purpose - we lost 6pts to them last season - we need to win this like Chelsea made a stmt vs Spurs.
Have they played against each other this season? What is the basis of this bold proclamation? :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Wafoolishman, I thought you promised us Jadon Poncho Villa, abi na Sancho? Seems he has chosen Spurs above Arsenal. Wetin happen?

Waffi owes us an explanation, if true. I was already watching the boy's clips, wasting valuable time :oops: :oops: :oops: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
Bro me too, I be don watch youtube videos and even use the guy play for FIFA 17 sef. :sad: :sad:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

jdizzy wrote:
If they came out with the same intensity Stoke did against us, we might have had a tighter game.
We need to go there with intensity & focus. we must press from 2secs in - make their speedsters play deeper than they want to.
It's a winnable game - will AW pick the team for the dance & sub at the right time?.
We cannot afford to sit off them like Hoffenheim did for the 1st 30 odd mins at least.
Liverpool press high - we must match their intensity & performance.

My provisional team for the weekend - balance with pace:

Cech
Mustafi Kos Monreal
Bellerín Elneny Xhaka Kolasinac
Oxlade Alexis
Lacazette
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

jdizzy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
jdizzy wrote:Meanwhile what is with all the speculation about Mustafi going to Italy. Is he unsettled at Arsenal/London?
Rumours are Arsenal are considering good offers for Mustafi and Oxlade. Also rumours claim Arsenal in negotiations Virgil Van Dyke.

But same rumours also say Mustafi will not be sold if they can somehow sell Chambers who like the Ox, has refused Arsenal's contract offer and wants to run down his contract.

Also rumours of Lemar talks again.

If rumours are correct, Arsenal will lose minimum 6 players before window closes. Things are hotting up everywhere and there will be lots happening.
Don't blame the players. Absolute clusterfccuk management by Ivan and Wenger. They both need to be fired
You may have noticed I started analysing Arsenal's squad here in June. My analysis have been detailed abd there was reason for this. I got word from connections in Under 23s that there was going to be a movement of players in the senior squad and there were going to be opportunities for some of what is a good crop of talented young players in the first team.

So it is not as bad as you think. From what I have heard, analysed from afar, I think most of this is planned. If the club wanted to keep most of these players, they would have given them contracts ages ago. Let's be honest most of them would have signed. Arsenal are in the process of improving the squad and it means certain players have has their time and must be moved on.

Arsenal have contracted all the players they wanted to keep like Giroud, Monreal, Bellerin, Coq, etc etc. They even gave Santi 1 yr despite his injury. The exceptions are Sanchez and Ozil. Oxlade was on his way out until we changed system and suddenly he had a life line. Wilshere was not given a year like Santi and IMHO, it is one reason why he tried to leave last window. He ended up at Bournemouth and we know the rest. Now he is relying on Wenger to help resurrect his career despite being told he can go if he wants to. Like I said before, Wenger is not a vindictive person, it is well known Wilshere has reached out to him and Wenger being Wenger has been massive so far for the player.

Ox has been offered a contract, he wants to stay but wants to play in CM. His Agent meanwhile has hawked his services to other clubs. If Ox does not sign the contract, he might be sold. Contrast this to Sanchez situation. Once again, I will not complain. The same applies to Chambers, who wants guarantees of 1st team football. I only want players who want to stay and play for Arsenal.

For me the mistake was allowing Ozil and Sanchez run down their contracts. I actually do not mind us getting rid of the likes of Gibbs, Campbell, Jenkinson, Gabriel, Perez, Debuchy etc. etc. I also expect the likes of Walcott and Welbeck to follow next summer. Why? I really do not think these players can take us to the next level. Like I pointed out in my June analysis, I expect at least 12 players to be gone in the next 3 windows and this might include Sanchez and Ozil. If not, I see at least 10 going.

If 12 are going, we will not be buying 12. I see 4 to 6 from the Under 23s plus buys. Why all these changes? We have a bit of money now and the club wants to improve the squad. They have in Lacazette and Kolasinac exactly what they intend on doing. But, things are getting bogged down. In view of the crazy transfer fees, players are not going anywhere. I understand why.

Arsenal are not the only club with these issues but I just hope we can move on the majority of the players we want moving on. We cannot afford to be held back in our targets.

Finally, if we do sell another 2 to 3 more players by the close of the window, it will mean we have effectively not spent a dime of the transfer budget. There will be uproar and massive unrest unless we sign at least one more player. But I see another side to this, Wenger's budget covers everything to do with transfers, salaries and fees. Could it be Arsenal are looking to reinvest the money on the likes of Ozil, Sanchez and even Ramsey? Only time will tell.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cally wrote:I watched the U-23 game. Wilshere looked quite sharp, and laid a nice assist for Reece. Nelson and Nketiah both got 2 goals each. Both are super talented youngsters that are on the fringes of the main team. Holding played OK in defence as well. Willock played as an unorthodox deep lying mid, and played very well. City have got 2 naija boys that can ball.

We don get Sancho from Man City? Waffi promised us that boy o.
Did I? Try another one. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

The operative word is "rumours". Get it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, looks like no be only me, but a whole you, fell for the smokescreen. Arsene was never interested, otherwise the kid doesn't end up at Spuds. That was probably Wenger and his people showing that they "are trying". Because if the boy is as good as you say he is, there is no reason to let him go to Spuds.
All I posted were rumours. I do not know a thing. But Sancho is close friends with Reiss Nelson, when he was asked if Sancho will be joining Arsenal. Nelson without hesitating said no, cos Arsenal were not in for him.

That was when I lost interest. The fact is nobody knows the truth cos not a word has been said by those directly involved.

As for the talent of the boy. For me he is very gifted and I like him a lot. Yes! His temprament is hugely suspect, but if he gets control, he will be a top player.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:See how much Gooners love them some "Theo"
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 07796.html

Barcelona urged to sign Theo Walcott from Arsenal after revelations about Jean-Michael Seri in Spain
'Sign Walcott!'
How many of these so called fans who will insult and disrespect their own do you care to mention? How many are these people?

Arsenal have millions and millions of fans in social but you chose to post the views of a few Arsenal supporters as if it is representative of the majority.

I have seen many more who are disgusted by the above nonsense. Why don't you mention them?

It is obvious, isn't it? It does not suit your narrative.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

In view of the significance of this and next window, I took time out to follow Wenger's press conference.

I must say, either Wenger is a brilliant poker player or I am being pessimistic. I am getting concerned we will sell and not buy.

On Sanchez, the press see no story. He is staying.

On Mustafi, Wenger gives a hint he might go.

On Lemar, Wenger says Monaco have closed the door. The closest he has come to admitting Arsenal's interest.

On Ox, a brilliant sales pitch again. Looks like some club will actually give us £35m to £40m for the player.

Wenger says he is happy with his squad when asked about other links to players. To be fair, he said Arsenal have plans and it will not be made public.

Okay, I got what I expected - nothing. :D :D :D

But I read between the lines and analyse. To me, the cost of keeping Sanchez could mean the sale of Ox and Mustafi amongst others.

Surely he must try to sign a CD at least. Who knows? But this is not looking good.

I have this feeling there is something amiss, I just hope we have an ace up our sleeves. Even if it means re-signing Sanchez and Ozil.

BTW! Sanchez and Kos back for Sunday.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

You cant but I havent coached even a sunday league team :wink: so i am as good as useless but in my opinion I dont think its advisable to play Ozil, ox(as a wingback) and Ramsey on the same team. Why? Ramsey in my opinion is not a central midfielder because he doesnt have the discipline to stay in position and that will also negate his good attributes(making late runs onto the box). One of the saddest sights against Stoke City was seeing Ozil haplessly trying to track back while Ramsey is running behind him from a position which was supposed to be occupied by Ozil. Then add Sanchez, it becomes something else. The only way to play those two together is if Arsenal starts playing with three in midfield but then they will be losing one of the offensive players and who is it gonna be? i am quite convinced that there are enough games to rotate Ozil and Ramsey but Arsenal would have to first sign a central midfielder. The good thing is one is available after Barcelona arsenal-ed their agreement with Jean Seri but with arsenal being arsenal we both know that is never gonna happen.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Waffiman wrote:In view of the significance of this and next window, I took time out to follow Wenger's press conference.

I must say, either Wenger is a brilliant poker player or I am being pessimistic. I am getting concerned we will sell and not buy.

On Lemar, Wenger says Monaco have closed the door. The closest he has come to admitting Arsenal's interest.

On Ox, a brilliant sales pitch again. Looks like some club will actually give us £35m to £40m for the player.

Wenger says he is happy with his squad when asked about other links to players. To be fair, he said Arsenal have plans and it will not be made public.

But I read between the lines and analyse. To me, the cost of keeping Sanchez could mean the sale of Ox and Mustafi amongst others.

Surely he must try to sign a CD at least. Who knows? But this is not looking good.

I have this feeling there is something amiss, I just hope we have an ace up our sleeves. Even if it means re-signing Sanchez and Ozil.

Some people on twitter are saying Sanchez is leaving. Rumor of sanchez and his lawyer meeting with Wenger. Arsenal said a bid of 60-75 million pounds will do. On Mustafi he probably will go.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

So now here are rumors all over the internet that Arsenal staff have secretly met with Van Dijk and his people? :rotf: :rotf: :smile:

These people at Arsenal and Waffi have the same trait in common: SLOW LEARNERS :taunt: :taunt:

Good luck signing him now .... Personally I no longer think he will be worth the price that will be paid even though I called for this move three years ago smh :curse:

What a useless club :curse:

Guy that could have been purchased for 15-20 million is now a 50-70 million pound player smh
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

anikulapo wrote:So now here are rumors all over the internet that Arsenal staff have secretly met with Van Dijk and his people? :rotf: :rotf: :smile:

These people at Arsenal and Waffi have the same trait in common: SLOW LEARNERS :taunt: :taunt:

Good luck signing him now .... Personally I no longer think he will be worth the price that will be paid even though I called for this move three years ago smh :curse:

They are not slow, they are liars and love taking their fans for fools.
This same scenario plays out every year. See the timing. Be rest assured they do not plan to buy VD but will tell you they tried and that it takes 3 parties to do the deal.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bouncino wrote:
anikulapo wrote:So now here are rumors all over the internet that Arsenal staff have secretly met with Van Dijk and his people? :rotf: :rotf: :smile:

They are not slow, they are liars and love taking their fans for fools.
This same scenario plays out every year. See the timing. Be rest assured they do not plan to buy VD but will tell you they tried and that it takes 3 parties to do the deal.

Cheiiii :ohmy: :ohmy: na wa ohhhh :boo: :boo: the thing don tire me sef :mad:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/4312214/ ... entatives/

For what it's worth, after it is the Sun :lol: but they are more credible than Waffi :woot: :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/4312214/ ... entatives/

For what it's worth, after it is the Sun :lol: but they are more credible than Waffi :woot: :taunt: :taunt:
Hahaha!

At least they were slower than me with this rumour. Now they are reporting it, I move on from it. The Sun are racist, full of BS, lies and fake news.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:

Hahaha!

At least they were slower than me with this rumour. Now they are reporting it, I move on from it. The Sun are racist, full of BS, lies and fake news.
Dem still get more credibility than wa yo man like you .... anyone why dey argue with me over the likes of Lord Bendtner, Chamakh and Squillachi supposed to be slapped and not listened to :taunt:

And oh by the way we still dey await medicals for Torres and our Plantain brother from Cameroon via Barcelona :taunt: :taunt: Yeye Fable Peddler :D

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Hahaha!

Dem still get more credibility than wa yo man like you .... anyone why dey argue with me over the likes of Lord Bendtner, Chamakh and Squillachi supposed to be slapped and not listened to :taunt:

And oh by the way we still dey await medicals for Torres and our Plantain brother from Cameroon via Barcelona :taunt: :taunt: Yeye Fable Peddler :D
Hahaha! Wey the rumours wey happen. Like my scoop on Rocisky and many more. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

On a serious note. Mustafi leaving is a real possibility. His Agent is burning bridges as he agitates for more money, given Inter's offer. Wenger, does not feel he is worth the hassle. Arsenal will sell but it depends on a replacement being in place. Or does it? Hmmmm...... :D :D
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I'm just curious how no one has mentioned Serge Ozil Gnabry's performance over two legs against Liverpool :taunt: :taunt: :D

Secondly which Division Doncaster United dey play for sef? Last time I heard of this team I was probably reading Roy of The Rovers as a teenager in England :mrgreen: :mrgreen: anyway it will be interesting to see them Vs Arsenal in the Caraboo cup :rotf: :rotf: hope dem no go break everyone's leg ohhh

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Hahaha!

Hahaha! Wey the rumours wey happen. Like my scoop on Rocisky and many more. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

On a serious note. Mustafi leaving is a real possibility. His Agent is burning bridges as he agitates for more money, given Inter's offer. Wenger, does not feel he is worth the hassle. Arsenal will sell but it depends on a replacement being in place. Or does it? Hmmmm...... :D :D

They can also come and take your other two heros Xhacrap and Ozil while they are it :woot: :woot: but then again no one wants that useless Droopy eyed player :mrgreen:

If Wenger had any clue as a team builder I wouldn't mind taking a step back and rebuilding this team.

I would pay for Jack Butland to take over as a our future goalie and keep him at Stoke and let Cech Finish the season.

I would put the likes of Monreal, Walcott, Ramsey, Xhacrap, Ozil, Gibbs and even Bellerin to pasture if he doesn't start stepping up.

kolasinac is a solid replacement for Nacho. Reiss Nelson can take over from Walcrap. Ramshyt can be replaced by Seri or a myriad of other players. Bielik is more than ready to play as our #6 instead of that Swiss hack. Ozil: Just get rid of :roll: ....

I mean this team is still a solid unit minus so much of this dead wood ... but Wetin I sabi .... whatever

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Waffiman wrote:In view of the significance of this and next window, I took time out to follow Wenger's press conference.

Just my two cents.

Wenger is cognisant of reality Arsenal will not challenge for PL title this season, and is well aware that this will be another season of discontent both on and of the pitch.

IMO at the moment AW is simply unable to land players he desires i.e Lemar and Seri and...to be fair to AW he may no longer covet plan B or C options as he did in recent seasons in likes of Perez and Gabriel who are now expendable.

Again I don't expect Arsenal to challenge for the PL as currently constituted but it's not the end of the world. Frankly my hope is AW uses this season to use building block for next season, bleed in talent like Nelson, get Lacazette humming, solidify defensive cohension and set groundwork for a post Sanchez, OX and potentially Ozil era.

This should be a bridge season i.e 96/97 and 00-01, in those seasons Arsenal finished miles behind Man Utd in PL title chase but AW used it as process to build a squad that wold be perennial PL title challengers. IMO just to much going on at Arsenal on and off the pitch to expect a legit PL title challenge this season.

For me a good season is third in the PL and legit cup runs in both the Europa league and FA cup.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'