The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Coach »

^Even Van Persie, when hoisting the League crown above his head is said to have to whispered his regret too. Some parlance should be taken with a pinch of salt, followed by all the sodium chloride in the seven seas!
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Blukyt wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
peron33uk wrote:Meanwhile the OX has not won any game in a while.............

Hmm, interesting, i wonder if he is enjoying it as he thought we would.

Life is not easy sha, he probably will improve but at least he is finding out that life is not easy anywhere and certainly not easy at Liverpool.
Souness said when he leaves his comfort zone at Arsenal, he will exposed for what he truly is. He regrets he is at Liverpool.

For me, it is too early to judge the player and he is young.

But there can be no doubt he saw no future for himself at Arsenal with Reiss Nelson especially coming through the ranks.
How you take know?
finger in the air....pure speculation, nothing more, nothing less
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

My Starting line up for today!

Ospina

Chambers Per Holding

Nelson Elneny Jack Monreal

Theophilus Big OG Iwobi
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

I would like to see Iwobi and Ozil start together.

Nelson given at least 20mins.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nkume wrote:My Starting line up for today!

Ospina

Chambers Per Holding

Theophilus Big OG Iwobi

Why not put three crippled snails for more pace at the back while you're at it ...smh
Last edited by anikulapo on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/english- ... ying-style

Yikes poor Oxlade Chamberlain. Yesterday was a very bad day for him. The videos and the memes out on him on social media are particularly cruel and if he is as sensitive as they say he is then ...... :scared:

But more relevant, for a player generally considered an attacking midfielder, is that Oxlade-Chamberlain rarely plays penetrative passes. It's difficult to remember him providing anything that could be considered a moment of "genius," or any through balls behind the defence for onrushing teammates, and the stats show that he has assisted just 14 goals in 135 Premier League games.

That smacks of a "rugby approach" to the game; Oxlade-Chamberlain is a linear footballer, who carries the ball forward and passes it sideways. And this is essentially no different from his rugby-playing style: In a 2012 interview with Arsenal Magazine, he explained that, with the oval ball, he was "just the person that got the ball, ran quickly and tried to stay out of the way of any contact."
This article and I pulled just an excerpt is pure character assassination ... poor guy
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

anikulapo wrote:

Ospina

Chambers Per Holding

Theophilus Big OG Iwobi

Why not put three crippled snails for more pace at the back whOle you're at it ...smh
Wetin consign you with my list? Make yours.

BTW, I am listening to Igbo women folk music from Ngwa. The say "onye na ejihi ego ya ga n'ulo noro." That is a warning to reprobates from umuofia! :taunt:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

It is time for Wally to make the South American looks of his count on the green grass...I mean if you are going to look the part for goodness sake you have to be the part also...haba. Make it count today bro...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

He got what he wanted so I am happy for him. It is funny though that since he joined Pool, they haven't won a game and since he left, we haven't lost a game. Infact we haven't conceded a EPL goal too...Well I am not saying it is him afterall wetin small pikin like me know. I am just making a statement of fact, that's all.
anikulapo wrote:http://www.espn.co.uk/football/english- ... ying-style

Yikes poor Oxlade Chamberlain. Yesterday was a very bad day for him. The videos and the memes out on him on social media are particularly cruel and if he is as sensitive as they say he is then ...... :scared:

But more relevant, for a player generally considered an attacking midfielder, is that Oxlade-Chamberlain rarely plays penetrative passes. It's difficult to remember him providing anything that could be considered a moment of "genius," or any through balls behind the defence for onrushing teammates, and the stats show that he has assisted just 14 goals in 135 Premier League games.

That smacks of a "rugby approach" to the game; Oxlade-Chamberlain is a linear footballer, who carries the ball forward and passes it sideways. And this is essentially no different from his rugby-playing style: In a 2012 interview with Arsenal Magazine, he explained that, with the oval ball, he was "just the person that got the ball, ran quickly and tried to stay out of the way of any contact."
This article and I pulled just an excerpt is pure character assassination ... poor guy

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Robbynice wrote:He got what he wanted so I am happy for him. It is funny though that since he joined Pool, they haven't won a game and since he left, we haven't lost a game. Infact we haven't conceded a EPL goal too...Well I am not saying it is him afterall wetin small pikin like me know. I am just making a statement of fact, that's all.

I personally think we should stop giving air time to players who have left us [ good or bad ] we have our current crop that deserve that air time [good or bad also ] make we forget the Ox and focus on Theo [ :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: ] and Reiss [ :thumbs: :thumbs: ] . Just my two kobo.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Blukyt wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Life is not easy sha, he probably will improve but at least he is finding out that life is not easy anywhere and certainly not easy at Liverpool.
Souness said when he leaves his comfort zone at Arsenal, he will exposed for what he truly is. He regrets he is at Liverpool.

But there can be no doubt he saw no future for himself at Arsenal with Reiss Nelson especially coming through the ranks.
How you take know?
If you are referring to the Souness bit.

Souness is a Liverpool legend and has made no bones about his feelings about the Ox from his Arsenal days. He was horrified when Liverpool signed him and has made his opinion clear on this matter.

On the Oxlade bit.

If you are Oxlade and you saw Reiss, you know your time is up because they both play the same positions and the Manager said, Reiss was going to play games for the senior the this season. Oxlade was effectively done because Reiss is far more talented than him and they would be competing for the same spot on the team. Just a simple analysis which IMHO saw Oxlade's aspirations to in any other outfield position apart from Right Wing Back taken away. Oxlade was never going to play Central Midfield at Arsenal, Wenger gave him opportunities in that position, he was a complete and utter flop.

I don't need to spell it out. You follow Arsenal, you understand Arsenal football, you should know.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Robbynice wrote:He got what he wanted so I am happy for him. It is funny though that since he joined Pool, they haven't won a game and since he left, we haven't lost a game. Infact we haven't conceded a EPL goal too...Well I am not saying it is him afterall wetin small pikin like me know. I am just making a statement of fact, that's all.

Our right side has been the avenue for teams to get goals. With Oxlade and Ozil in that channel, it was a disaster. Now with Bellerin and a bit of defensive cover, we have really looked solid. But our left side is unreal. I have read coaches describe Welbeck and Kolasinac combo on our left side as the 'Wall'. For example, Chelsea just gave up from that side and tried the middle and right side, this helped Arsenal defensively.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Waffiman wrote:

Our right side has been the avenue for teams to get goals. With Oxlade and Ozil in that channel, it was a disaster. Now with Bellerin and a bit of defensive cover, we have really looked solid. But our left side is unreal. I have read coaches describe Welbeck and Kolasinac combo on our left side as the 'Wall'. For example, Chelsea just gave up from that side and tried the middle and right side, this helped Arsenal defensively.
The Welbeck injury saddens me to no end. I hope he comes back ASAP and in better form.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

can you people leave CE alone for one day without bumping this pathetic thread?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
Blukyt wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

How you take know?
If you are referring to the Souness bit.

Souness is a Liverpool legend and has made no bones about his feelings about the Ox from his Arsenal days. He was horrified when Liverpool signed him and has made his opinion clear on this matter.

On the Oxlade bit.

If you are Oxlade and you saw Reiss, you know your time is up because they both play the same positions and the Manager said, Reiss was going to play games for the senior the this season. Oxlade was effectively done because Reiss is far more talented than him and they would be competing for the same spot on the team. Just a simple analysis which IMHO saw Oxlade's aspirations to in any other outfield position apart from Right Wing Back taken away. Oxlade was never going to play Central Midfield at Arsenal, Wenger gave him opportunities in that position, he was a complete and utter flop.

I don't need to spell it out. You follow Arsenal, you understand Arsenal football, you should know.

Yeah all those fables from Waffi fall on it's face when they offered the man 180k to stay ... Smh at Waffis fables :mrgreen: :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Bigpokey24 wrote:can you people leave CE alone for one day without bumping this pathetic thread?
We thank you for your contributions.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Waffiman wrote:

Kolasinac is a beast absolute tank. He is definitely a great pick up for us. I wish Welbeck a soonest recovery. I am hearing he will only miss 3 weeks but I am concern about his long term durability sha...

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Arsenal XI: Ospina, Chambers, Mertesacker, Holding, Nelson, Wilshere, Elneny, Maitland-Niles, Walcott, Sanchez, Giroud.

Subs: Macey, Monreal, Willock, DaSilva, Iwobi, Nketiah, Akrpom.

MLK.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

anikulapo wrote:Arsenal XI: Ospina, Chambers, Mertesacker, Holding, Nelson, Wilshere, Elneny, Maitland-Niles, Walcott, Sanchez, Giroud.

I beg any link to watch this game?

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Ospina

Chambers Per Holding

Nelson Elneny Jack (Monreal) Niles

Theophilus Big OG (Iwobi) Alexis

You were close:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Robbynice wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Arsenal XI: Ospina, Chambers, Mertesacker, Holding, Nelson, Wilshere, Elneny, Maitland-Niles, Walcott, Sanchez, Giroud.

It's on espn3 if you download the watch espn app

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Robbynice wrote:

So you open thread when you not watching the game?
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

anikulapo wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

It's on espn3 if you download the watch espn app
Hmmm the Arsenal game is on? I no bring my Ipad come work but I go download the app on my cell right now. I must watch this game mehn