The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by tolahs »

@jeorgebird:
Five of Arsenal's nine loanees were unused subs this weekend, and a lack of playing time has been a common theme this season. Would be understandable if the club were apprehensive about sending more players on loan in January.....Think a lot of it comes down to Arsenal's youngsters being taught to play in a very specific way and then finding it difficult to adapt at clubs that play with different styles. Choice of club players are loaned to has to be better.
-----------------------------
This has been a pet peeve of mine for a minute - seems like we've guys on loan at clubs unconnected to the sort of footie we want to play We used to have that almost farmclub deal with Beveren which was really a progressive curve for our loanees.
I suspect AW's preference for going with Coaches whose styles he admires is been shoved aside by agents looking for the highest fee regardless of
how it affects their client's game.
With Harry Redknapp @birmingham, Cohen Bramall seemed to have picked the right club & gaffer. Harry loses the gig due to bad results - new man treats our kid like unwanted luggage - hope the kid's comes back home in Jan & rock some of that vibe the kids are getting right now!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

ojafranpa wrote:Just saw Dele Alli tackle on DeBruyne .If that challenge to DeBruyne was done by Xhaka, the English media would've declared World War 3 against Arsenal today.
I saw that o ..if na Xhaka ..na straight RED.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:Just saw Dele Alli tackle on DeBruyne .If that challenge to DeBruyne was done by Xhaka, the English media would've declared World War 3 against Arsenal today.
It should have been a straight red, regardless of the player.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Siddonlook11 wrote:

straight red? he fit get 3 straight red cards for that.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Kajifu,
Have you noticed how the conversation has shifted? Instead of talking about the consequences of another catastrophic season, we are now talking about looking forward to the "next super talent". Two years ago, when we were collapsing, everyone was looking forward to Bellerin Potential. And last year it was all about Rob Holding potential. Both have now turned into massive flops. Rob Holding can't even bench Per Mertesacker. Per f*&^%^) Mertesacker ?
Arsenal should be focus on addressing the failed leadership that has destroyed this club for the last many years.
People avoid discussing the main reasons why we are always second best or third best ... WENGER.
Arsenal has enough talent to be ahead of Man United. Arsenal proved that point, when we faced them a few weeks ago. But why are we almost 10 points behind them half way through the season? Who is responsible for this failure?
kajifu wrote: So you believe the lie that Arsenal in the next 2 window will get rid of minimum 10 players?How many team will Arsenal put under Wenger to able to compete with the big boys?Last season it was that we have a complete team and end up 5th.With less than 2 years they want to get rid of 10 players to start at fresh with same manager.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Squad for Today!

Ospina

Debuchy Holding Chambers Kolasinac

LeCoq Sportif Nelson or Willock MoElNeny

Theophilus Big OG Welbeck
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Heard Ozil already agreed to 3 years extension.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Where is Dmitri Payet again? Someone said he is better than Ozil because of half season wonder.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

ojafranpa wrote:Heard Ozil already agreed to 3 years extension.
Sauce :source:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ojafranpa wrote:Where is Dmitri Payet again? Someone said he is better than Ozil because of half season wonder.
Oja Fry Pan Head:

Oh! Payet went back home. he is with family. He now plays for Marseille, the team in 4th Place in the League and only 3 points away from 2nd position.

Ozil on the other hand plays for Arsenal. A club he doesnt think is good enough, and the team in 5th Place in the League, 8 points away from 2nd position.

I think Payet is winning here. What do you think? :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Team news

Arsenal v West Ham (19:45 GMT)

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has fielded an entirely changed starting XI from the side which beat Newcastle on Saturday.

The Gunners line-up includes a blend of youth and experience; 18-year-old midfielder Joe Willock starts while Olivier Giroud leads the attack supported by Danny Welbeck and Theo Walcott.

Arsenal XI: Ospina, Debuchy, Chambers, Holding, Kolasinac, Coquelin, Elneny, Willock, Walcott, Welbeck, Giroud

Subs: Macey, Dasilva, Sheaf, Reine-Adelaide, Nelson, Akpom, Nketiah.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Who is opening the game thread?
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

OK, I will open it, but cannot guarantee immediate updates.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:Where is Dmitri Payet again? Someone said he is better than Ozil because of half season wonder.
Oja Fry Pan Head:

Oh! Payet went back home. he is with family. He now plays for Marseille, the team in 4th Place in the League and only 3 points away from 2nd position.

Ozil on the other hand plays for Arsenal. A club he doesnt think is good enough, and the team in 5th Place in the League, 8 points away from 2nd position.

I think Payet is winning here. What do you think? :D
So are you technically saying that Payet make a better choice and Arsenal is a bad choice for Ozil?
Danfo why you hate beloved so much like this?I mean the other day you were praying we never get into CL again.
Question will you change this hate when Wenger retired?What if your man one day decide to come coach Arsenal after Wenger?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bepanda wrote:Kajifu,
Have you noticed how the conversation has shifted? Instead of talking about the consequences of another catastrophic season, we are now talking about looking forward to the "next super talent". Two years ago, when we were collapsing, everyone was looking forward to Bellerin Potential. And last year it was all about Rob Holding potential. Both have now turned into massive flops. Rob Holding can't even bench Per Mertesacker. Per f*&^%^) Mertesacker ?
Arsenal should be focus on addressing the failed leadership that has destroyed this club for the last many years.
People avoid discussing the main reasons why we are always second best or third best ... WENGER.
Arsenal has enough talent to be ahead of Man United. Arsenal proved that point, when we faced them a few weeks ago. But why are we almost 10 points behind them half way through the season? Who is responsible for this failure?
kajifu wrote: So you believe the lie that Arsenal in the next 2 window will get rid of minimum 10 players?How many team will Arsenal put under Wenger to able to compete with the big boys?Last season it was that we have a complete team and end up 5th.With less than 2 years they want to get rid of 10 players to start at fresh with same manager.
I wish we have a owner who love the game and want to win big trophies,Wenger will be history if he cant produce that,its not about money when it concern Wenger and Arsenal.The last 4 season,Arsenal has no reason for not competing and win even one of the league.You cant be the most stable manager and expect every two years built new team after failure
The are so many repeated mistake over and over.Lets look at the players Wenger has sign and I can tell you a decent manager don't need to spend to put this team on track fighting for the league with other big boys.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Manchester City are ready to join Arsenal and Chelsea in the pursuit of Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha, 25.
Arsenal are planning a move for Chelsea defender David Luiz, 30. (Daily Express)
The Gunners could offer £25m for Brazilian Luiz during the January transfer window. (Sun)
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Like I have been saying, I will believe when it is official. I have heard this over 3 weeks now, I mentioned it here. The source is usually a very good one, but I still will not believe until it is official.

I have heard all sorts of stories about developments in his private life which ruled Ozil moving out of London etc. etc. etc. It matters not a jot, unless he signs on.

But from my observations of Ozil in the flesh, I am really convinced something is up. Ozil has a new lease of life, he is running hard, tackling and he was visibly upset when we did not beat West Ham. There is no doubting his commitment.

Contrast this to Sanchez, who Ian Wright has called us for his uncommitted performances. The problem is you can go through a patch of poor form, which I believe Sanchez is going through, but if you are not committed, the period of poor form just gets prolonged and it becomes a vicious circle. Sanchez should know (if he does not, he is learning the hard way) that when you have your mind elsewhere, you will be found out on the pitch if you are not committed. I contrast this to Ozil who was not committed and was in poor form, then suddenly, he has found a new lease of life and is now a different player.

Could this be because he has signed a new bumper deal? Only time will tell.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Former midfielder Mikel Arteta is being lined up as a future Arsenal manager as the club continue to plan for life after Arsene Wenger. (Telegraph)
Will he be a good replacement? Is it a good idea that he is learning from one of the best in the game Pep?Wish him luck but he look like someone that don't talk much.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:I cannot believe Mustafi tried to pull off the oldest footballers trick...feign an injury after messing up. There was no injury he knows it and for once i am happy Wenger called out the BS!
Lesson do not keep players that want out....still cabnot understand how Merts is on the bench!

The other time it was Anauotvich rolling around and twitching on the floor like an ileya goat on its last leg...iy turned out he did not even have a fracture...Jesus i cannot believe some of the stuff am watching on tv these days.
You are wrong. I saw Mustafi call to the bench twice asking to be taken off. I find it incredible he did not go down to stop the game before Xhaka's pass. He tried to run off the injury and failed.

I also cannot understand why Xhaka passed the ball to him and why he even tried to control it knowing the ManU players could see his discomfort ready to take adv.
Then your oga must be wrong as well. Strange an injured player would bot be dilly dallying with the ball tryingbto be a Maradona....he was not under any distress when he was doing Franz Beckebaur abi. Thank God your oga saw through the charade!
Wenger is angry with him cos he was stupid and his error killed the game off.

I was at the game on Wednesday, the physio came on twice to treat that injury. Mustafi was not feigning injury. Ask most in that stadium, on Wednesday and Saturday, they will tell you exactly what I am saying. Mustafi got a nasty kick or stamp on Wednesday. He signalled asking to be taken off and should have gone off before the second goal. He probably should not have even started.

Wenger is rightly vexed cos he mismanaged the situation and it cost us the game.

Mustafi should have gone down screaming at his team mates who had the ball to kick it out or he should have kick the pass out instead of trying to control it under pressure. To be fair, I saw him signal to Xhaka that he did not want the pass, but Xhaka delayed and passed it blind. Fair play to the ManU players, they took adv of Mustafi's stupidity. It all happened in front of me.

Ignore Wenger, he is angry with a senior player who should have known better.
I remember this and those who claimed the player was faking his injury. Well, we now know the player was not faking his injury, cos he has not featured since. Even Wenger has said he is out with injury. I hope he is ready for the Liverpool game. We will need him.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:I cannot believe Mustafi tried to pull off the oldest footballers trick...feign an injury after messing up. There was no injury he knows it and for once i am happy Wenger called out the BS!
Lesson do not keep players that want out....still cabnot understand how Merts is on the bench!

The other time it was Anauotvich rolling around and twitching on the floor like an ileya goat on its last leg...iy turned out he did not even have a fracture...Jesus i cannot believe some of the stuff am watching on tv these days.
You are wrong. I saw Mustafi call to the bench twice asking to be taken off. I find it incredible he did not go down to stop the game before Xhaka's pass. He tried to run off the injury and failed.

I also cannot understand why Xhaka passed the ball to him and why he even tried to control it knowing the ManU players could see his discomfort ready to take adv.
Then your oga must be wrong as well. Strange an injured player would bot be dilly dallying with the ball tryingbto be a Maradona....he was not under any distress when he was doing Franz Beckebaur abi. Thank God your oga saw through the charade!

I was at the game on Wednesday, the physio came on twice to treat that injury. Mustafi was not feigning injury. Ask most in that stadium, on Wednesday and Saturday, they will tell you exactly what I am saying. Mustafi got a nasty kick or stamp on Wednesday. He signalled asking to be taken off and should have gone off before the second goal. He probably should not have even started.

Wenger is rightly vexed cos he mismanaged the situation and it cost us the game.

Mustafi should have gone down screaming at his team mates who had the ball to kick it out or he should have kick the pass out instead of trying to control it under pressure. To be fair, I saw him signal to Xhaka that he did not want the pass, but Xhaka delayed and passed it blind. Fair play to the ManU players, they took adv of Mustafi's stupidity. It all happened in front of me.

I remember this and those who claimed the player was faking his injury. Well, we now know the player was not faking his injury, cos he has not featured since. Even Wenger has said he is out with injury. I hope he is ready for the Liverpool game. We will need him.

Waffi any news of exactly what is wrong with Mustafi or are you making noise as usual ... abi nah em ovaries dey pain am? :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Waffi any news of exactly what is wrong with Mustafi or are you making noise as usual ... abi nah em ovaries dey pain am? :mrgreen:
Mustafi was stupid against Manu,he might have fake that injury.Nothing is actually wrong with him,dont be surprise to see him against Liverpool unless Wenger still angry and drop him.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Former Arsenal and Czech Republic midfielder Tomas Rosicky has retired from professional football.

Rosicky won two FA Cups in a 10-year spell with the Gunners after joining from Borussia Dortmund in 2006.

The Czech, who began and ended his career at Sparta Prague, says that injuries have forced him to retire.

"I am no longer able to fully prepare my body for what professional football requires," the 37-year old told Sparta's official website.

"My body was telling me for a long time that it does not want any more. I would probably have nothing to offer my team-mates and Sparta.

"I would like to thank Sparta for raising me, for being the first step in my career, and for allowing me to say goodbye at the place I love the most."

Rosicky won 105 caps for Czech Republic and represented his country at five major tournaments.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

kajifu wrote:Former Arsenal and Czech Republic midfielder Tomas Rosicky has retired from professional football.

Rosicky won two FA Cups in a 10-year spell with the Gunners after joining from Borussia Dortmund in 2006.

The Czech, who began and ended his career at Sparta Prague, says that injuries have forced him to retire.

"I am no longer able to fully prepare my body for what professional football requires," the 37-year old told Sparta's official website.

"My body was telling me for a long time that it does not want any more. I would probably have nothing to offer my team-mates and Sparta.

"I would like to thank Sparta for raising me, for being the first step in my career, and for allowing me to say goodbye at the place I love the most."

Rosicky won 105 caps for Czech Republic and represented his country at five major tournaments.
Good soja - his body just would not let him flourish :clap: :clap:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates