The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Cristao II »

The Aubameyong rumours if true are a good deal. If ManU gives Henrikh in exchange that is also not a bad deal. What is clear is that I am happy Alexis is not at Spurs.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Joke of the day has to be this headline on BBC Transfer latest updates :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Jose respects Sanchez's situation at Arsenal

Jose doesn't respect anything about Arsenal, certainly not Wenger but if he wants Sanchez then he'll say anything and wash his mouth out after :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... s-11856355

And so begins the Arsenal media destruction of Alexis Sanchez :rotf: :rotf: who knows how José will respond to this :laugh: :laugh:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490

Reiss Nelson too? Are 1diotds running this club? How can his contract be allowed to expire ? This is beyond incompetence
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Arsenal should be all over Ndidi and Seri. Revamp that CM with ultra intelligent ballers both on and off the ball.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Arsenal should be all over Ndidi and Seri. Revamp that CM with ultra intelligent ballers both on and off the ball.
You have to smile at all the rumors of Mkhi and Auba and all those flash players.The issue of not having a base to allow them flourish isnt going anywhere.
Xhaka, Ramsey, Wilshere, El Neny do not form any kind of core to build a radiant attacking game.

I've been talking of Ndidi for a while now but at this point in the day, Ndidi won't move till after the World Cup, and at that time he will be way above Arsenal's class. Seri? Maybe but the clubs who're monitoring him are also a bit more.....'decisive' and powerful. There are younger lesser known guys who can do the job, Arsene simply has to pull the trigger.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

platinum wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Arsenal should be all over Ndidi and Seri. Revamp that CM with ultra intelligent ballers both on and off the ball.
You have to smile at all the rumors of Mkhi and Auba and all those flash players.The issue of not having a base to allow them flourish isnt going anywhere.
Xhaka, Ramsey, Wilshere, El Neny do not form any kind of core to build a radiant attacking game.

I've been talking of Ndidi for a while now but at this point in the day, Ndidi won't move till after the World Cup, and at that time he will be way above Arsenal's class. Seri? Maybe but the clubs who're monitoring him are also a bit more.....'decisive' and powerful. There are younger lesser known guys who can do the job, Arsene simply has to pull the trigger.
:agree: :agree: :agree:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said. Truly feel this is nothing more than last minute, trolley dash moves to salvage fiasco that is Sanchez situation and Arsenal season overall.

If Arsenal truy want to be taken seriously as club eager to address systemic flaws, they would go all out for Ndidi and Seri.

Both players prices will grow exponentially come the summer. Been down this road with Kante, FFS will Arsenal ever learn?
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
platinum wrote:

Well said. Truly feel this is nothing more than last minute, trolley dash moves to salvage fiasco that is Sanchez situation and Arsenal season overall.

If Arsenal truy want to be taken seriously as club eager to address systemic flaws, they would go all out for Ndidi and Seri.

Both players prices will grow exponentially come the summer. Been down this road with Kante, FFS will Arsenal ever learn?
But Wenger is still the coach...
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Apparently Dortmund wants Giroud for Aubameyang. Giroud wants to play more and was linked with Everton last summer. So, we might be losing: Sanchez, Giroud, Walcott (not really a loss). And at the end of the year, we lose Ozil, Wilshere is out of contract. For a club strapped for cash, imagine we could lose all these players.
Mkytherian has refused to join Arsenal. Which world class player would join them?
Kroenke is getting what he deserves. Players are not dumb. They know what is happening. Henry, A. Cole, Nasri, Clichy, Adebayor, Sagna, Toure, Van Persie, Ozil, Sanchez, ...This is not an accident.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Cito wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
platinum wrote:

But Wenger is still the coach...

Transition was always going to be tough. Look at United, all the money in the world yet still coming to terms post-Fergie AND a world were City and Chelsea are their firm equal.
One almost feels like it'd be better if Arsene had a #2 to take over for him. Or conversely, a covert signing of the next head man who then works with Arsene on transfers and plans. It's not the way it's done though and football clubs/managers have this pride thing so it won't happen. The new man in charge whenever Arsene leaves will have to be wise of his own accord and clean up the squad decisively.

Shedding Coq, Walcott, etc is a good start. Something has to be done with the central midfield though. Xhaka isn't the solution at least not the way Arsene has decided to use him.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

bepanda wrote:Apparently Dortmund wants Giroud for Aubameyang. Giroud wants to play more and was linked with Everton last summer. So, we might be losing: Sanchez, Giroud, Walcott (not really a loss). And at the end of the year, we lose Ozil, Wilshere is out of contract. For a club strapped for cash, imagine we could lose all these players.
Mkytherian has refused to join Arsenal. Which world class player would join them?
Kroenke is getting what he deserves. Players are not dumb. They know what is happening. Henry, A. Cole, Nasri, Clichy, Adebayor, Sagna, Toure, Van Persie, Ozil, Sanchez, ...This is not an accident.
That's a lot of goals walking out of the door. Walcott, Alexis, Giroud, love or hate them, those guys knew where the net was. If Aubameyang doesn't hit the ground running (could happen). If Mkhitaryan doesn't score (he's usually more decisive than Ozil but his game isn't necessarily about being a top scorer). Things could get really 'funny'.

The potential is there to be exciting, it always is with Arsenal.

Miki is not joining yet because his agent is Mino Raiola. It has nothing to do with a lack of desire to join. If you know anything about Raiola, you'll know that man 'owns' Man United, and he is an agent who will get the MAXIMUM salary for his players. Knowing what Arsenal usually is regarding salaries, well, the delay is no surprise. A failure to join would be no surprise also. He turned Arsenal down like Mata because of money before so the antecedent is there.

Arsenal has some major appeal. These guys see what's happening but just like fans remain tantalized, they (players) also remember what Arsene has done before.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:The Aubameyong rumours if true are a good deal. If ManU gives Henrikh in exchange that is also not a bad deal. What is clear is that I am happy Alexis is not at Spurs.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am sure you are also happy Messi is not at Spurs. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

No o! Instead they want Mkhy and Auba! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sometimes, I look at Arsenal and truly feel sorry for the fans... NOT! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Cheii! Arsenal is like a man whose engine has knocked. He then goes to the mechanic to repair the new tires he bought this morning! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:

Bro! It has become a joke now! Like seriously!

I think Wenger is just afraid of the backlash he will get from Arsenal fans for selling Sanchez to United, so he wants to bring in flashy names to placate the fans.

Funny enough, most Arsenal fans will celebrate selling Giroud, but like i said last year, Arsenal will regret the day they sell Giroud and not replace him with someone who offers what he brings--- a hardworking CF who is fantastic in the air! Remember how many times Giroud saved you guys with his headers, when your creative play was not working?
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

danfo driver wrote:
platinum wrote:

I think Wenger is just afraid of the backlash he will get from Arsenal fans for selling Sanchez to United, so he wants to bring in flashy names to placate the fans.

Funny enough, most Arsenal fans will celebrate selling Giroud, but like i said last year, Arsenal will regret the day they sell Giroud and not replace him with someone who offers what he brings--- a hardworking CF who is fantastic in the air! Remember how many times Giroud saved you guys with his headers, when your creative play was not working?
Danfo driver, from what I have been reading AW is not solely responsible for the new transfers, he now operates in a new management structure, that will in future avoid Arsenal past operational failures, where four of our top players are in the final year of their contracts and squad deficiency is not adequately address. Sven Mislintat is head of transfer and was responsible for the following players ( Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Ousmane Dembélé and Shinji Kagawa.)
Raul Sanllehi as their head of football relations in a reshuffle
Sven Mislintat and Huss Fahmy are also new, working alongside Arsene Wenger
Renowned head of fitness Darren Burgess is another key recruit from this year

Raul Sanllehi - Head of football relations

Sven Mislintat - Head of recruitment

Huss Fahmy - Contract negotiator

Darren Burgess - Director of high performance

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z54M4lUriE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

realtrouble wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
platinum wrote:

Danfo driver, from what I have been reading AW is not solely responsible for the new transfers, he now operates in a new management structure, that will in future avoid Arsenal past operational failures, where four of our top players are in the final year of their contracts and squad deficiency is not adequately address. Sven Mislintat is head of transfer and was responsible for the following players ( Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Ousmane Dembélé and Shinji Kagawa.)
Raul Sanllehi as their head of football relations in a reshuffle
Sven Mislintat and Huss Fahmy are also new, working alongside Arsene Wenger
Renowned head of fitness Darren Burgess is another key recruit from this year

Raul Sanllehi - Head of football relations

Sven Mislintat - Head of recruitment

Huss Fahmy - Contract negotiator

Darren Burgess - Director of high performance

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z54M4lUriE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
So this new set up start when?It means the club are now waking up from Wenger failure of doing everything.
So Sven Mislintat head of recruitment is not looking for a new manager?This is a joke if he think bringing messi will solved the issue with Wenger incharge then the is a chance that Iceland also will win the World cup this summer.
So Darrent Burges job is to look at high performance?Please explain thanks
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Things are clear with his agents. He has not been extended and secured this summer to give him away this winter," Stephane Martin told L'Equipe.

"We never had a discussion with Arsenal. From our point of view, it's wind. They can always try, but they will have a hard time taking him from us."
For those thinking of Malcolm ... anyway it appears Abu has handed in a transfer request AT Dirtmund.

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:

Sometimes, I look at Arsenal and truly feel sorry for the fans... NOT! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Cheii! Arsenal is like a man whose engine has knocked. He then goes to the mechanic to repair the new tires he bought this morning! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You guys are correct. We have seen this too many times. Anyway, as much as Ndidi would help Arsenal, I wish him THE BEST. Please let a SERIOUS team get him. Wenger will ruin the kid. I used to wish Nigerians came to Arsenal, but not any longer. Wenger can get average Naija players like Ogu, Etebo (eve this one is above Arsenal), BabaMessi, Onazi, etc. In fact, I wish Man City would come and get Iwobi. The boy is wasting at Arsenal. Wenger is a foolish coach.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Wah Gwaan

Update on the Sanchez situation:{Ed002's Note - I am not sure there is any update really - he will at some point leave. In terms of a good deal, it centres around who replaces him rather than the odd few million here of there and that is the issue. There is a split opinion with one party favouring Lemar or Lozano and another favouring Aubameyangadingdong. There are pros and cons for each. Lemar is likely to be expensive and Monaco do not wish to sell right now, but he has done well for quite some time and should adjust well. Lozano is having a very good season but there is no telling if he will adapt - so there is a risk. Aubameyangadingdong is older, expensive in terms of transfer fee and wages, and has very serious baggage he brings with him. So the most critical thing as I see it is who replaces Sanches, not Malcom coming in for Walcott or Mkhitaryan replacing Oezil.}

http://arsenalrumours.co.uk/
--------------------------------
The Independent have claimed today that the eight-time Armenian Player of the Year would rather go back to the Bundesliga, than sign for Arsène Wenger’s team.....It’s thought that should Mkhitaryan refuse to sign for Arsenal, that would not hamper United’s move for Sánchez. However, if that’s the case – the Chile international would cost north-west side his full valuation of €40m.....On Tuesday afternoon, Mkhitaryan’s agent Mino Raiola has directly contradicted this report though, telling reporters that Sánchez will only team up with Mourinho is his client joins Arsenal....
“Manchester United are not going to sign Sánchez unless Mkhi agrees to join Arsenal,” Raiola told The Times....
“Mkhi is going to do what is best for him. He has two and a half years left on his contract, so it’s his decision.”

https://www.onefootball.com/en/news/hen ... e=20180116
-----------------------------------------------
I am not a fan of agent Mino Raiola but he's representing his dude - he proper sponged ManU with the Pogba_Zlatan_Mkhitaryan package - my belief is the Armenian wants his rumoured 200k weekly packet to continue with Arsenal - heck Dortmund ain't paying that but if Manu are forcing him out, they gotta pay him off - if ManU wants to capitalize of the Alexis/Ozil chemistry do we get see what we can from the Aubamey/Mkhitaryan chemistry from their Dortmund days. Still hope we keep Ozil but to stay unsigned at this point is BALCO moods!!!!
The shambolic manner in which this club is run belongs to the 4th world(somewhere below the 3rd world as we know it - it beggars belief.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

You guys are correct. We have seen this too many times. Anyway, as much as Ndidi would help Arsenal, I wish him THE BEST. Please let a SERIOUS team get him. Wenger will ruin the kid. I used to wish Nigerians came to Arsenal, but not any longer. Wenger can get average Naija players like Ogu, Etebo (eve this one is above Arsenal), BabaMessi, Onazi, etc. In fact, I wish Man City would come and get Iwobi. The boy is wasting at Arsenal. Wenger is a foolish coach.

Our GD calls for both attacking options & solidity in our defensive philosophy but AW has recklessly discarded the DM - he talks formation changes in terms of the number of defenders on the pitch - that he came to this league starting with Petit & Veira to shield
a very experienced backline is now a distant memory - he's refusing to or is scared of offending players by picking a team for tactical needs but that's where we're. Xhaka,Jack & Ramsey are not only attacking players, their defensive instincts screams bad habits
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote:
Cristao II wrote:The Aubameyong rumours if true are a good deal. If ManU gives Henrikh in exchange that is also not a bad deal. What is clear is that I am happy Alexis is not at Spurs.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am sure you are also happy Messi is not at Spurs. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:???: :???: :???: Such a leap of thought ..
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I’m just curious as to how long this club knew that Sanchez wouldn’t be coming back and why it has taken this long to sell him? This delaying, dithering and incoherent sputtering are just hallmarks of the Wenger era .... bloody pathetic

MLK.