The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Arsenal appeal is what again?
platinum wrote:
bepanda wrote:Apparently Dortmund wants Giroud for Aubameyang. Giroud wants to play more and was linked with Everton last summer. So, we might be losing: Sanchez, Giroud, Walcott (not really a loss). And at the end of the year, we lose Ozil, Wilshere is out of contract. For a club strapped for cash, imagine we could lose all these players.
Mkytherian has refused to join Arsenal. Which world class player would join them?
Kroenke is getting what he deserves. Players are not dumb. They know what is happening. Henry, A. Cole, Nasri, Clichy, Adebayor, Sagna, Toure, Van Persie, Ozil, Sanchez, ...This is not an accident.
That's a lot of goals walking out of the door. Walcott, Alexis, Giroud, love or hate them, those guys knew where the net was. If Aubameyang doesn't hit the ground running (could happen). If Mkhitaryan doesn't score (he's usually more decisive than Ozil but his game isn't necessarily about being a top scorer). Things could get really 'funny'.

The potential is there to be exciting, it always is with Arsenal.

Miki is not joining yet because his agent is Mino Raiola. It has nothing to do with a lack of desire to join. If you know anything about Raiola, you'll know that man 'owns' Man United, and he is an agent who will get the MAXIMUM salary for his players. Knowing what Arsenal usually is regarding salaries, well, the delay is no surprise. A failure to join would be no surprise also. He turned Arsenal down like Mata because of money before so the antecedent is there.

Arsenal has some major appeal. These guys see what's happening but just like fans remain tantalized, they (players) also remember what Arsene has done before.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

bepanda wrote:Arsenal appeal is what again?
platinum wrote:
bepanda wrote:Apparently Dortmund wants Giroud for Aubameyang. Giroud wants to play more and was linked with Everton last summer. So, we might be losing: Sanchez, Giroud, Walcott (not really a loss). And at the end of the year, we lose Ozil, Wilshere is out of contract. For a club strapped for cash, imagine we could lose all these players.
Mkytherian has refused to join Arsenal. Which world class player would join them?
Kroenke is getting what he deserves. Players are not dumb. They know what is happening. Henry, A. Cole, Nasri, Clichy, Adebayor, Sagna, Toure, Van Persie, Ozil, Sanchez, ...This is not an accident.
That's a lot of goals walking out of the door. Walcott, Alexis, Giroud, love or hate them, those guys knew where the net was. If Aubameyang doesn't hit the ground running (could happen). If Mkhitaryan doesn't score (he's usually more decisive than Ozil but his game isn't necessarily about being a top scorer). Things could get really 'funny'.

The potential is there to be exciting, it always is with Arsenal.

Miki is not joining yet because his agent is Mino Raiola. It has nothing to do with a lack of desire to join. If you know anything about Raiola, you'll know that man 'owns' Man United, and he is an agent who will get the MAXIMUM salary for his players. Knowing what Arsenal usually is regarding salaries, well, the delay is no surprise. A failure to join would be no surprise also. He turned Arsenal down like Mata because of money before so the antecedent is there.

Arsenal has some major appeal. These guys see what's happening but just like fans remain tantalized, they (players) also remember what Arsene has done before.

Major club in London for starters. Pays more than most clubs in the world (it's why players leave Italy and France and Germany to come to England, the pay is delicious, and as much as Arsenal likes to play the village pauper role, Arsenal pays better than most clubs in Europe and better than most clubs in England too). 'Attractive' football. Some kind of history of playing sexy footie for those players who like that kind of thing. Cosmopolitan club in huge city with good pay and history of nice footie and some winning sprinkled in plus the potential to rise up? What's not to like?
The baseline is money. Arsenal may not pay as much as Chelsea but Chelsea, United and City cannot buy everyone, therefore there'll be leftovers. Arsenal will thrive on those leftovers AND the best young players if the club has any sense.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Every player has a price.

Thank you Alexis for 3 wonderful years, 2 FA cups, 3 community shields, and 80 special goals.

Thank you Theo for 12 good years of solid service. No one can take that away from you. I wish you luck at Everton, and I hope you rediscover your scoring form. Over 100 goals, 3 FA cups, 3 community shields, a run to the champions league final, and multiple special hattricks. Enjoy the applause Theo. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Arsenal for life!

Wenger is a living legend.

If Mikhi no want, he can rot on Mumu FC bench. :roll:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Nkume wrote:Every player has a price.

Thank you Alexis for 3 wonderful years, 2 FA cups, 3 community shields, and 80 special goals.

Thank you Theo for 12 good years of solid service. No one can take that away from you. I wish you luck at Everton, and I hope you rediscover your scoring form. Over 100 goals, 3 FA cups, 3 community shields, a run to the champions league final, and multiple special hattricks. Enjoy the applause Theo. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Arsenal for life!

Wenger is a living legend.

If Mikhi no want, he can rot on Mumu FC bench. :roll:
If na you, you go want? :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I’ve strolled onto some arsenal and City forums and I dey laugh to see the outcome of this madness ... One thing is for sure sha, if Arsenal bungle this transfer window, Wenger is a DMW both at the Emirates or anywhere in terms of his future as an Arsenal Manager.

The heightened anxiety and anger is at a fever pitch and a rabid mob is ready to lose it ... why does this old man want to continue to deal with this crap at his advanced age. Is he that much of a delusional egomaniac?

Haba :scared: :scared: who needs this crap at that age? Smh :roll:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

anikulapo wrote:I’ve strolled onto some arsenal and City forums and I dey laugh to see the outcome of this madness ... One thing is for sure sha, if Arsenal bungle this transfer window, Wenger is a DMW both at the Emirates or anywhere in terms of his future as an Arsenal Manager.

The heightened anxiety and anger is at a fever pitch and a rabid mob is ready to lose it ... why does this old man want to continue to deal with this crap at his advanced age. Is he that much of a delusional egomaniac?

You guys have to be relaxed and not let things boil over!

Remember last week, I asked you guys "who is the greatest negotiator?" its an answer that would have saved a lot of grief! Trust me! :D
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/morals-o ... x8sr4l822g

Imagine City claiming MORALS OVER MONEY :lol:

It’s from goal.com so believe it at your own peril but it’s so funny to read the alleged bad belle from the arrogant tap em up City Entitled cabal. :lol:

Anyway good luck to Alexis. Hope he plays well because he will have a bullseye on his back in London and in manchester :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:I’ve strolled onto some arsenal and City forums and I dey laugh to see the outcome of this madness ... One thing is for sure sha, if Arsenal bungle this transfer window, Wenger is a DMW both at the Emirates or anywhere in terms of his future as an Arsenal Manager.

Uncle relax Wenger knows what he is doing.The man is paid 10 million a year with no accountability and you want him to leave the job.
Wenger the first manager in EPl history to have body guard and you think he is delusion?SMH
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

anikulapo wrote:http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/morals-o ... x8sr4l822g

It’s from goal.com so believe it at your own peril but it’s so funny to read the alleged bad belle from the arrogant tap em up City Entitled cabal. :lol:

Anyway good luck to Alexis. Hope he plays well because he will have a bullseye on his back in London and in manchester :mrgreen:
You sef see am...Can you imagine? Laugh wan kill me die... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Arsenal fans, will you accept it, if your club pays the 10 million agent fee to Raiola for Mkhytaryan?

I'll also love to hear from Wanaj0 and Oloye, on this very delicate, but serious issue. :D
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Robbynice wrote:

You sef see am...Can you imagine? Laugh wan kill me die... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Ah! Baba Babs. Ekaaro o. Ki lo n se le? :D
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Waffi? Any leaks? Na you own tori wey dey sweet me pass.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Nkume wrote:Waffi? Any leaks? Na you own tori wey dey sweet me pass.

No mind the bobo. See as he just ignored us to be relying on rumors. Uncle Waffi, e no good o! To make matters worse, Danfo is throwing friendly and not-so-friendly yabbies at us. You no see am so?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

anikulapo wrote:I’m just curious as to how long this club knew that Sanchez wouldn’t be coming back and why it has taken this long to sell him? This delaying, dithering and incoherent sputtering are just hallmarks of the Wenger era .... bloody pathetic

They knew since last summer, but chose not to sell him to City for 60 million because they failed to get Lemar....
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

danfo driver wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

Ah! Baba Babs. Ekaaro o. Ki lo n se le? :D
I dey like Dele padi mi... :D

I see say you dey laugh us Arsenal fans because market rough small for us right now. Just remember say we are still in January, a long away from May. Fact not feelings! :twisted:

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Nkume wrote:Waffi? Any leaks? Na you own tori wey dey sweet me pass.

No mind the bobo. See as he just ignored us to be relying on rumors. Uncle Waffi, e no good o! To make matters worse, Danfo is throwing friendly and not-so-friendly yabbies at us. You no see am so?
Danfo is definitely have a fun filled day but I just hope he knows that he who laugh last laugh best...FNF!

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Sanchez likely to stay, as has been said many times over, Arsenal will not be held to ransom by agent falstaffian, money hungry b*stard and certainly don't deal with the likes of Raola. According to the fat man, it's a straight swap, a proven Premier League powerhouse for a wantaway, who's struggled to adapt. How on earth are the two of equal value? Shades of the Cole-Gallas. If Sanchez's value has fallen by 30 million in 6 months, by what measure has Mkhitaryan's depreciated? Is he currently 30 million quids worth of player?

The calculator button punchers will smell this one from a mile off. Absolute nonsense. Mkhitaryan is nowhere near a replacement for what is sure to depart. Beloved will not be held to ransom and doesn't deal with such despicable beings.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Arsenal should be all over Ndidi and Seri. Revamp that CM with ultra intelligent ballers both on and off the ball.
Truly we arsenal fans like to punish ourselves.

We have to adjust our expectation accordingly abeg don do this to yourselves.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Coach wrote:Sanchez likely to stay, as has been said many times over, Arsenal will not be held to ransom by agent falstaffian, money hungry b*stard and certainly don't deal with the likes of Raola. According to the fat man, it's a straight swap, a proven Premier League powerhouse for a wantaway, who's struggled to adapt. How on earth are the two of equal value? Shades of the Cole-Gallas. If Sanchez's value has fallen by 30 million in 6 months, by what measure has Mkhitaryan's depreciated? Is he currently 30 million quids worth of player?

The calculator button punchers will smell this one from a mile off. Absolute nonsense. Mkhitaryan is nowhere near a replacement for what is sure to depart. Beloved will not be held to ransom and doesn't deal with such despicable beings.

Sanchez has 6 months left on his contract, so we are trading on a 6 months deals for a 29 year old player. Mkhitaryan has 2.6 month left on his contract and at 26 is a younger prospect and will be joining Arsenal for 4 years contract. A swap deal is better than nothing.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Sanchez has 6 months left on his contract, so we are trading on a 6 months deals for a 29 year old player. Mkhitaryan has 2.6 month left on his contract and at 26 is a younger prospect and will be joining Arsenal for 4 years contract. A swap deal is better than nothing.[/quote]

We are all speculating here but I dont see this as straightforwad as you write - What if Mikki's agent wants 10Million for the "swap" so in essence its it ging to cost us $10 Million, plus Mikki really may not want to play for Arsenal. ?

Will these additions change your suggestion ? As a business it will for me. I think we should sell him to city for 15million of thats the Manure case.

There may be someone city will let go plus 15 million from their reserves since we like kids so much.. ( we fit ask for Yaya sef :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: )
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

danfo driver wrote:Arsenal fans, will you accept it, if your club pays the 10 million agent fee to Raiola for Mkhytaryan?

I'll also love to hear from Wanaj0 and Oloye, on this very delicate, but serious issue. :D
£10m to agent for wetin? Serious corruption going on here. I reached that conclusion after the Torres/Carrol transfer.

Why is United after Sanchez?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

wanaj0 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Arsenal fans, will you accept it, if your club pays the 10 million agent fee to Raiola for Mkhytaryan?

£10m to agent for wetin? Serious corruption going on here. I reached that conclusion after the Torres/Carrol transfer.

Why is United after Sanchez?

1. Agent will make money
2. Jose will convert him to a Willian
AFCON 2019 sweet o