The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by anikulapo »

THE only gallows humor in this dark stage of being an Arsenal fan is the news that Chelsea’s fans have bombarded Andy Carolls website a dna threatened the poor guy for the crime of being rumored as a transfer target for the club :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You can’t make this crazy shyt up :lol: :lol: I wish Arsenal fan show will do the sameness to Mikhcraps page and that of that useless London Gun club :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Thanks for the memories Theo Walcott, all the best at your new club.

100 club Gooner.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

CR7 says he wants out of Real Madrid because he has been betrayed by Perez. He wants a new deal (sign Messi and Neymar got paid). CR7 feels underpaid after winning all these accolades.
Does anyone think Arsenal should try to sign Ronaldo? He could still score more goals than Lacazette, Sanchez , Ozil and Walcott combined?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:THE only gallows humor in this dark stage of being an Arsenal fan is the news that Chelsea’s fans have bombarded Andy Carolls website a dna threatened the poor guy for the crime of being rumored as a transfer target for the club :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You can’t make this crazy shyt up :lol: :lol: I wish Arsenal fan show will do the sameness to Mikhcraps page and that of that useless London Gun club :curse:
Mikh is desperate. He took ManU's money despite knowing the football philosophy of the Coach will not suit his game.

If Arsenal get him on a cut price deal, you have to take it. His style will suit our system and philosophy. ManU will pay up and Arsenal will get a quality player on the cheap if they want Sanchez.

Arsenal have refused to deal with City (remember RvP) and Sanchez has taken ManU's money. But Mikh has to go or no deal. You bet your bottom dollar, Mikh is farked at Manu.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:THE only gallows humor in this dark stage of being an Arsenal fan is the news that Chelsea’s fans have bombarded Andy Carolls website a dna threatened the poor guy for the crime of being rumored as a transfer target for the club :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mikh is desperate. He took ManU's money despite knowing the football philosophy of the Coach will not suit his game.

If Arsenal get him on a cut price deal, you have to take it. His style will suit our system and philosophy. ManU will pay up and Arsenal will get a quality player on the cheap if they want Sanchez.

Arsenal have refused to deal with City (remember RvP) and Sanchez has taken ManU's money. But Mikh has to go or no deal. You bet your bottom dollar, Mikh is farked at Manu.

cheii! Your mouth sweet well well o! even me wey know the truth don begin believe your version sef! No wonder all them Robby, Skylolo, Anikulapo, Chief dem dey always fall for your tales. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Fox News for you !!!
Maybe Sanchez actually wants to play for a team that gives itself a chance to compete weekly against the best teams in Europe? Winning the FA Cup is not really a sign of being competitive in the EPL. If Wigan can win the FA Cup ...
Arsenal is victim of its own BS. Their owner and board should eat it and enjoy the BS they have built. They are getting very well compensated for it, while fans suffer ...
That's exactly the Model Kroenke and Walmart have built in America.
Bepanda
danfo driver wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Joke of the day has to be this headline on BBC Transfer latest updates :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Jose respects Sanchez's situation at Arsenal
Jose doesn't respect anything about Arsenal, certainly not Wenger but if he wants Sanchez then he'll say anything and wash his mouth out after :rotf: :rotf:
Am afraid, this time it is different. ManU made a proposition which Arsenal, if rumours are correct have accepted. Arsenal are looking to maximise from their position of weakness with the player. ManU are also looking to maximise, they do not want City to get the player. The player is only interested in the money and he will be on a wage package worth over £1m per week, according to reports.
Wrong! But hey! I understand your need to spin this story. :D
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

danfo driver wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

cheii! Your mouth sweet well well o! even me wey know the truth don begin believe your version sef! No wonder all them Robby, Skylolo, Anikulapo, Chief dem dey always fall for your tales. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Waffi is really beginning to sound like Baghdad Bob...Kai!
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Site admins and moderators should be a profile that gets logged into so people can ban users that talk $#% all the time.

CE needs to do something about that. I would love to block waffiman. It will make my CE experience that much better
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:CR7 says he wants out of Real Madrid because he has been betrayed by Perez. He wants a new deal (sign Messi and Neymar got paid). CR7 feels underpaid after winning all these accolades.
Does anyone think Arsenal should try to sign Ronaldo? He could still score more goals than Lacazette, Sanchez , Ozil and Walcott combined?

Really?????
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:

Jesu Waffi are you kidding? Demand money for Sanchez and let it be. I will take even Big fella Fellaini over that worthless piece of Armenian crap .... are you kidding me Waffi?

That turd makes Ozil look more dynamic than Pavel nedved and KDB combined ... Haba Biko no way no how for that turd ... nah I ain’t having it. Take money and give United the middle finger for Mikcrap. Nah by force? See me see trouble ohhh

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Honestly Wenger has fooked this club to the highest degree both on and off the field. This is shambolic and pitiful to the core. If I’m Dirtmund I will play Arsenal for the fools that they are . Only arsenal under a clueless lost manager would back themselves into this kinda corner. We are the absolute laughing stock of Europe.

Tufiakwa if this isn’t immediate cause for the sack then I don’t know what else is .... Fire this man immediately :curse:

Nonsense :curse:

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Disconcerting that Arsenal may partake another trolley dash window, particularly with ever declining Wenger at the helm.

Think Gooners delusional if we think old man Wenger can get anything out of diva like auba. This is more desperation trolley dashing, it won't remotely fix systemic black holes that are Arsenal defense, midfield, GK and Wenger never ending culture of capitulation.
Auba has never been a diva. He sat silently whilst Dortmund priced him out, only to see Dortmund fold when Dembele raised a storm. Not fair to label the guy as that, he has not been a problem until Dortmund let Dembele go.

Also, where does this trolley dash come from? I said here in the summer that I heard a rumour that the club wants to overhaul the squad with minimum 15 going. They got rid of 7 in the summer, now another minimum 4 look to be on the way. With more to come next summer. To ensure this, they have brought in a new team of people to facilitate this clear out.

Finally, many don't seem the understand the issues involved with Arsenal. I have discussed this in detail in my interaction with Gooners. Here are some collective on this matter and why Arsenal are acting the way they are now.

EPL restrict total wage increase to £7m per annum year on year. If for example we increased Sanchez and Ozil to £280k per week, we will go well beyond that, if we do not have the increased sponsorship/commercial deals, matchday revenue and/or player sales to justify this increase.

Without cash injection from our Owner, our income has gone down, with less matchday revenue from cheaper tickets, our commercial/sponsorship deals will not increase from last year, plus we have also lost money dropping out of CL. So ultimately we are now reliant on selling players to allow us to spend despite being fairly cash rich.

We played safe by staying cash rich instead of investing big in players. The rule changes mean cash in the bank is worthless now whilst player values are going through the roof and our 2 most valuable assets are out of contract.

The bottom line is, we could afford to buy who we want but could not add to the wages to the bill without significant player sales. Whilst Our competition can show the revenue increases to add 2 or 3 superstars in one window, we cannot extend with the ones we have.

We need to announce some big commercial deals in the next year and be back in the CL ASAP. Arsenal will not bend the rules to compete and I agree. It is easy to ignore all of this and blame Wenger for everything. That's fine, but I belong to another school.

I talk am say na Waffi tori dey sweet me pass. Carry go gooner, and shame the haters. :thumb:
Last edited by Nkume on Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

[quote="Waffiman"]Thanks for the memories Theo Walcott, all the best at your new club.

100 club Gooner.[/quote

:clap: :clap: :clap:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

mscheew. Other than selling Coq and Walcott, we are still selling groundnuts?

Anyway, kudos to Arsenal for selling those two. Now can they make deals and replace them with solid contributors, instead of promoting Bielik and Zelalem?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Make I go read Waffi's posts jo. Na only him fit reassure me say Arsenal management folks never care finish. :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

What was the REAL reason for not selling Sanchez in the summer? Was there some confidence that they could convince him to stay during the last year of his contract?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Make I go read Waffi's posts jo. Na only him fit reassure me say Arsenal management folks never care finish. :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

What was the REAL reason for not selling Sanchez in the summer? Was there some confidence that they could convince him to stay during the last year of his contract?
Monaco tried to fleece Arsenal re: Lemar. Arsenal didnt want to pay 90m for Lemar, and couldnt find an alternative.

it was Arsenal's fault though, as they waited too late in the window.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Make I go read Waffi's posts jo. Na only him fit reassure me say Arsenal management folks never care finish. :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

Monaco tried to fleece Arsenal re: Lemar. Arsenal didnt want to pay 90m for Lemar, and couldnt find an alternative.

they should have sold him to City for the 60 million anyway, Lemar or no Lemar. They were asking City for Sterling, which was not acceptable. They should have jejely asked for Sane.

Yes, they didn't want to pay 90 for Lemar, BUT what were the chances they could convince Alexis to stay, when his price was going to start dropping exponentially till ZERO by summer?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

they should have sold him to City for the 60 million anyway, Lemar or no Lemar. They were asking City for Sterling, which was not acceptable. They should have jejely asked for Sane.

Yes, they didn't want to pay 90 for Lemar, BUT what were the chances they could convince Alexis to stay, when his price was going to start dropping exponentially till ZERO by summer?
Wenger was likely thinking Alexis will help give the club cL football before leaving.Hope you remember some know it all was saying we need them to help us finish top 4th then they can leave for free.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Disconcerting that Arsenal may partake another trolley dash window, particularly with ever declining Wenger at the helm.

Think Gooners delusional if we think old man Wenger can get anything out of diva like auba. This is more desperation trolley dashing, it won't remotely fix systemic black holes that are Arsenal defense, midfield, GK and Wenger never ending culture of capitulation.
Auba has never been a diva. He sat silently whilst Dortmund priced him out, only to see Dortmund fold when Dembele raised a storm. Not fair to label the guy as that, he has not been a problem until Dortmund let Dembele go.

Also, where does this trolley dash come from? I said here in the summer that I heard a rumour that the club wants to overhaul the squad with minimum 15 going. They got rid of 7 in the summer, now another minimum 4 look to be on the way. With more to come next summer. To ensure this, they have brought in a new team of people to facilitate this clear out.

Finally, many don't seem the understand the issues involved with Arsenal. I have discussed this in detail in my interaction with Gooners. Here are some collective on this matter and why Arsenal are acting the way they are now.

EPL restrict total wage increase to £7m per annum year on year. If for example we increased Sanchez and Ozil to £280k per week, we will go well beyond that, if we do not have the increased sponsorship/commercial deals, matchday revenue and/or player sales to justify this increase.

Without cash injection from our Owner, our income has gone down, with less matchday revenue from cheaper tickets, our commercial/sponsorship deals will not increase from last year, plus we have also lost money dropping out of CL. So ultimately we are now reliant on selling players to allow us to spend despite being fairly cash rich.

We played safe by staying cash rich instead of investing big in players. The rule changes mean cash in the bank is worthless now whilst player values are going through the roof and our 2 most valuable assets are out of contract.

The bottom line is, we could afford to buy who we want but could not add to the wages to the bill without significant player sales. Whilst Our competition can show the revenue increases to add 2 or 3 superstars in one window, we cannot extend with the ones we have.

We need to announce some big commercial deals in the next year and be back in the CL ASAP. Arsenal will not bend the rules to compete and I agree. It is easy to ignore all of this and blame Wenger for everything. That's fine, but I belong to another school.
Arsenal are a reactionary club. Sanchez and Ozil writing was on the wall ages ago, Recall Aniks and myself discussing around May or June Arsenal needed to be decisive. That Arsenal would net 60 MP per player on Sanchez and Ozil if they were sold last summer, could earn 20 MP for Theo last summer, 15 MP for Welbeck, 40 MP for Ramsey, 15 MP for Chambers, 30 MP for Giroud, Cech 10 MP, add Coq and OX sales and we're talking about well over 200 MP at Arsenal disposal.

That Arsenal should jettison likes of Mertesacker, Debuchy and Ospina to get their exorbitant wages off the books.

Even among novice fans it's understood a legit overhaul must begin before the season ends, and be executed efficiently over the course of the Summer. Instead Arsenal are in Jan, chasing an uninspired Mkhitaryan, a want away Aubameyang, with no chance to land 2 CM's, GK and CB required to rectify marshmallow spine of this squad.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Mkhitaryan is arguably one of the most cerebral players in the game, with his apathetic innings at Old Trafford easily explained by his failure to adjust to northern culture and climate. London's bustling multicultural metropolis facilitates adaptation, Aleksandr Hleb for instance. A skewered look at Sanchez's statistics suggests the Chilean is on the wane. Slowly his body, overburdened by his high energy output of years past, is beginning to fail him. The injuries are accumulating, the number of sprints recedes, the distance coveted dwindles. Sports scientists at the club advised Arsene against offering Alexis a new deal. What is playing out, is one of the biggest robberies since Ronnie Biggs pointed his deringer at Thomas the tank engine. Arsenal didn't want Sanchez, United are paying premium rate for their pretence. #masterstroke
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

anikulapo wrote:
bepanda wrote:CR7 says he wants out of Real Madrid because he has been betrayed by Perez. He wants a new deal (sign Messi and Neymar got paid). CR7 feels underpaid after winning all these accolades.

Really?????
Ok boy, if no B say you're a palmy abusing cvnt most of the time :tic: I for join you ask the same - really? Heck, cvnt or no cvnt make I join you jo - Really, Bepanda? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Trivia alert....... when was the last time Robby posted a State Of The Union thread?
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Gooner1 wrote:Trivia alert....... when was the last time Robby posted a State Of The Union thread?
Even Robby realize it's"State of Disunion" :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!