The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Siddonlook11 »

We really like to punish ourselves.

kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Rumours of Lemar signing and Arsenal in talks with PSG for Presnel Kimpembe.

This is getting too much.

So we have Lemar, Mahrez, Lacazette and Kimpembe. What are they smoking there at the Emirates?

We have??? :rotf: :rotf: see drug addiction ohhh ... is this the same way we had Torres and Etoo? :rotf:
Uncle like you said its drug addiction :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Waffiman wrote:When Xhaka sets up the chance and Lacazette scores. The Emirates will chant:

"Xhaka Laca Boom Boom"!!!!!!!!
SMH we are still waiting for this :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: my ribs ohhhh
What the village id1ot does not know is we have chanted it at the Emirates.

This is what happens when you open your mouth with a brain full of ignorance.

Anytime I read his posts, I say to myself, if you think education is expensive, try ignorance. A pity.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Lacazette, Sanchez and Ozil all done.

Okay according to rumours. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Where are all those doom and gloom merchants who said nobody will sign for Arsenal. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sanchez and Ozil too? If so, best off-season in a long while .... except for the signing of Ozil :taunt:
i hope you see how people lie in this forum with no shame.
Was it best off season uncle?
Ye gbele ohhh ..: you dey find Waffi trouble ..: my hand no dey ohhh :mrgreen:
Education, education, education.

When you are sent to school, learn. It is important because, one thing they teach you is called comprehension. It is clear he has the education of flea. He cannot comprehend for toffee. A complete waste of school fees.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... er-united/

I will bet money Arsenal planted this story to throw a spanned in the wheels :woot: :woot:
What if they just made it up?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kajifu wrote:Walcrap good luck will not be surrpise he turn out better by another coach
kaji, now no be the time for that 'walcrap' nonsense. In Africa, we get taught....sometimes if you no get beta ting talk, no talk at all.
If he never consistently hit the hype set, that's not his fault. He still managed to score 108 goals with his limitations. I was one of those who called for Arsenal to move on from people like him and Welbeck and others who were/are not champions league quality but in the moment when the boy dey do wetin you want i.e. moving on, tip your hat to him, wish him luck, and keep it moving. Which one be you abuse am as e dey waka? Reason am.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

kajifu wrote:Walcrap good luck will not be surrpise he turn out better by another coach
This is how scum behave. The sewer and the rats that live there have more class.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

I wish you the absolute best, Theo. You are one of the good guys in my book. May your career hit greater heights in the future.

You worked hard, showed commitment, and actually delivered at a good level. As much as I'm fine with you moving on, I won't fail to recognize that you did well for the club I support.

Good tidings always...
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Waffiman wrote:
This is how scum behave. The sewer and the rats that live there have more class.
You this gay fool,take your freaking off Wenger nyash,angel* like you,don't bring your bisexual and transgender rubbish to me am not Wenger.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

platinum wrote:
kaji, now no be the time for that 'walcrap' nonsense. In Africa, we get taught....sometimes if you no get beta ting talk, no talk at all.
If he never consistently hit the hype set, that's not his fault. He still managed to score 108 goals with his limitations. I was one of those who called for Arsenal to move on from people like him and Welbeck and others who were/are not champions league quality but in the moment when the boy dey do wetin you want i.e. moving on, tip your hat to him, wish him luck, and keep it moving. Which one be you abuse am as e dey waka? Reason am.
Bro truth be told I some time just call him Walcrap as alot of people do ,in all honesty at this point i don't in any way mean bad,if my post look bad,I take it as a man and say sorry.Thanks not that so call London house boy who think insulting me will cover from his rubbish.
Last edited by kajifu on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Where are all those doom and gloom merchants who said nobody will sign for Arsenal. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sanchez and Ozil too? If so, best off-season in a long while .... except for the signing of Ozil :taunt:

When you are sent to school, learn. It is important because, one thing they teach you is called comprehension. It is clear he has the education of flea. He cannot comprehend for toffee. A complete waste of school fees.
Funny thing I'm well off than you with so call educated fool and fools like you I could come down to London and wipe you off but it only do me no good.I know where you live and know you well ,don't mess with me Waffi you clown.A grown man like you sleeping with another man for season ticket.
How many times have you been expose for a liar you are?
Last edited by kajifu on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kajifu wrote:
platinum wrote:
Bro truth be told I some time just call him Walcrap as alot of people do ,in all honesty at this point i don't in any way mean bad,if my post look bad,I take it as a man and say sorry.Thanks not that so call London house boy who think insulting me will cover from his rubbish.
Na aniks give am 'guy name' to take insult am. Nothing good about the name or the connotation around it.
I hail you. No be everybody get open mind to accept correction.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Look at the serenity and tranquility on Sanchez's face. I dont think I have ever seen him smile like this! Kaiii!!! The relief of actually moving to a big club. :D

And then look at Mkhy! The devastation! Depression! Humiliation! Having to take a huge step down in his career has taken a toll on the young man. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

platinum wrote:
kajifu wrote:
platinum wrote:
Na aniks give am 'guy name' to take insult am. Nothing good about the name or the connotation around it.
I hail you. No be everybody get open mind to accept correction.
Bro you right na him,if you notice even when he score I call say Walcrap don score to see Waiti my uncle Anoka think.
But seriously I did not mean in in bad way and I apologize for that.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cheii! reading this thread is like heaven to me! God! Why are you blessing me like this? Look at Mugunners fighting, tearing each other apart! kai!! sweeeeeeet day! today is a sweeeeeet day! Wenger, thank you o! :lol: :lol:

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:Look at the serenity and tranquility on Sanchez's face. I dont think I have ever seen him smile like this! Kaiii!!! The relief of actually moving to a big club. :D

And then look at Mkhy! The devastation! Depression! Humiliation! Having to take a huge step down in his career has taken a toll on the young man. :lol: :lol: :lol:
But if the guy don't want to come to Arsenal,will they force him?
I hope they are not forcing him out of Manu to Arsenal.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

kajifu wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
You this gay fool,take your freaking off Wenger nyash,angel* like you,don't bring your bisexual and transgender rubbish to me am not Wenger.
You do not fail to disappoint. Do you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a pity. :oops: :( :(
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Haba Waffi easy nah .... I knew you were gonna come back spitting fire :rotf: :rotf: don’t be so predictable nah :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Waffiman wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Look at this fool I pitty your life ,sleeping with a man for season ticket.
You are the one that never disappointment with your head stuck in Wenger nyash. Look at this fool who bought his first flat in London from 4one9.Dude do you remember the fraud you did about insurance and claim some money to buy your first flast(town house).
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

kajifu wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

You are the one that never disappointment with your head stuck in Wenger nyash. Look at this fool who bought his first flat in London from 4one9.Dude do you remember the fraud you did about insurance and claim some money to buy your first flast(town house).
Aint you two not too old to be arguing on the internet like 13 year old girls....guys you can argue over football stuff without going overly personal.....please
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

kajifu wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Seriously guys tone it down and lets keep this to football and our team Arsenal , surely you can make a point without being crass and personal.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Transfer dealings show Arsène Wenger is losing power
OLIVER KAY
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/spor ... -lq5c2jndt

Back in the relative calm of last May, Arsène Wenger joked about the idea of changes to the balance of power at Arsenal. A director of football? “I don’t know what it means,” he said.

“Is it someone who stands on the road and directs the players left and right? I’m manager of Arsenal. As long as I am manager, I will decide what happens on the technical front. That’s it.”

Spool forward eight months and Wenger’s assertion about calling the shots sounds a little flimsy. There is so much movement in and out of Arsenal’s training ground right now — Theo Walcott, Alexis Sánchez and possibly Olivier Giroud on the way out and two of Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Malcom and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang expected to replace them — and while Wenger would still claim to be the man directing the traffic, the situation has changed.

It is not just the squad that is in a state of flux. This January revolution reflects a dramatic change behind the scenes at the Emirates Stadium. Wenger rejected a series of proposals last year over the appointment of a director of football — his former player Marc Overmars (Ajax) and Michael Zorc (Borussia Dortmund) were among those mooted — but essentially that role, the one that the manager felt would be a threat to his authority, has been created and split in two. Transfer strategy is being driven by the new head of recruitment Sven Mislintat, formerly of Dortmund, and the start of next month will bring the arrival of Raul Sanllehi, the former Barcelona director of football who, in what looks a diplomatic nod to Wenger, will be called head of football relations.

No, there has not been the top-line overhaul that so many Arsenal supporters clamoured for last summer — Wenger is still manager and “Silent” Stan Kroenke is still owner — but the wind of change is blowing through a club that has stood still for far too long.

Darren Burgess, as director of high performance, is leading the sports science division that was previously part of Wenger’s vast domain. Ivan Gazidis, the chief executive who seemed to be a lone voice when declaring that last season’s disappointments must be “the catalyst for change” now has others singing from the same hymn-sheet. Wenger’s remains a highly significant voice but now it is joined, perhaps even drowned out, by others.

Mislintat’s influence is already greater than Wenger seemed to have in mind less than a fortnight ago, when he referred to the new head of recruitment as someone who “sometimes might know somebody we might ignore . . . in a little club in Germany”. The signing of Konstantinos Mavropanos, the Greece Under-21 defender from the obscurity of PAS Giannina, was entirely a Mislintat project. When reports emerged last week of a move to sign Aubameyang from Dortmund, Wenger said that it was “not a possibility”. Misinformation in managerial press conferences is nothing new but this seems genuinely to have been Wenger’s position at the time.

The manager is understood to have had reservations about Aubameyang, whose outstanding scoring record is set against a reputation for difficult behaviour, but Mislintat appears to have persuaded him and others that the Gabon forward, whom he helped to recruit for Dortmund from Saint-Étienne in 2013, is worth the risk. Likewise Mkhitaryan, who starred at Dortmund before his unhappy spell at Manchester United.

It is hardly a new situation. The director of football model is accepted at most clubs, even if there are vacancies at Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur, after the departures of Michael Emenalo and Paul Mitchell, and a vacuum at Manchester United, where there is now startlingly little sporting expertise beyond the coaching staff. Jürgen Klopp credits Liverpool’s transfer committee for the signing of Mohamed Salah. At Manchester City they pay extravagant transfer fees but they have had some outstanding successes in the transfer market over recent years, scouting in a depth and a breadth that Arsenal are only now beginning to consider.

Nobody can yet be certain whether Mislintat and Sanllehi are the right men to lead this overhaul of Arsenal’s recruitment practices or overall football strategy. Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang are top talents, but both will be 29 before the start of next season, reflecting Arsenal’s need for expediency — a legacy of the mismanagement that has allowed Sánchez and Mesut Özil to drift into the final months of their contracts, in a squad that looks mediocre in so many areas — rather than inspired talent identification. Younger, more imaginative solutions will be required as Arsenal prepare for a rebuilding exercise that is long overdue.

Arsenal have been undermined not just by an uninterested owner, a jaded manager and underperforming players, but by a lack of clear long-term strategy and expertise behind the scenes. It has led to a situation where Sánchez and Özil are in the final months of their contracts — the former set for United, it seems — and where two of their very few creditable performers this season, Shkodran Mustafi and Jack Wilshere, were among the many who would have been allowed to leave in the summer had suitable offers been received.
Emirates Powerbroker

Ivan Gazidis Chief executive.
Arrived in 2009 but is determined to oversee the “change” that he promised supporters last year

Sven Mislintat Head of recruitment.
Arrived in November from Borussia Dortmund. Already completed deal for Mavropanos and made bids for Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang

Raul Sanllehi Head of football relations.
Former Barcelona director of football who will arrive next month with responsibility for leading negotiations with players and clubs

Huss Fahmy Transfer negotiator. Former Team Sky head of legal and commercial

Darren Burgess Director
of high performance. Australian sports scientist who had a spell at Liverpool
Mistakes will be made, undoubtedly, in this clearing of the decks, but Wenger has no choice but to go along with it. The era of the all-powerful, autocratic manager is over and it seems strange that Wenger, a graduate of the French school, where the coach is entraineur rather than all-powerful boss, was resistant for so long to the help needed since David Dein departed as vice-chairman in 2007.

So many of Wenger’s other allies have moved on too. Whereas Sir Alex Ferguson managed beyond his 70th birthday by renewing his squad and staff constantly, never allowing the grass to grow under his feet, Wenger resisted change for too long. Now it is happening around him.

HOW ARSENAL TRY TO REPLACE LEGENDS
Out Patrick Vieira, £13.5m to Juventus
In Alexander Hleb, £11m from Stuttgart
Out Robert Pires, free to Villarreal
In Tomas Rosicky, £7m from Borussia Dortmund; Theo Walcott, £5m plus add ons from Southampton; Emmanuel Adebayor, £7m from Monaco
Out Thierry Henry, £16m to Barcelona
In Eduardo, £7.5m from Dinamo Zagreb
Out Cesc Fàbregas, £30m to Barcelona
In Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, £12m from Southampton; Gervinho, £10m from Lille
Out Robin van Persie, £24m to Manchester United
In Olivier Giroud, £13m from Montpellier; Lukas Podolski, £11m from Cologne; Santi Cazorla, £15m from Malaga
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Beloved, butt of all jokes...at the same stage in their career.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:Well articulated, Waffi. That game left me speechless per Wenger's selections. Adding to your points, why sub Sead and leave off color bellerin at LB? Why remove Lacazette and leave Welbeck on? As far as I'm concerned right now, it's either Danny goes for deliverance, or he should be sold. No use making wonderful runs without any production.

Why leave Ozil on the pitch after that performance? Then, Xhaka and Ramsey were simply having a laugh. If Xhaka gives away the ball to any opponent again, he should be dropped. It's frustrating.
My brother abeg nor mention the subs. Dat na wen you want make my blood boil. :curse: :curse:

Wenger was truly a mad professor that became clueless last Saturday.
Wenger knows