The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by danfo driver »

waffiman, which is the biggest club in England? :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The problem i have with today's win even as a neutral...Arsene will use thay as a point not to bother signing anyone this January. Zee team is in good shape!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

oloye wrote:The problem i have with today's win even as a neutral...Arsene will use thay as a point not to bother signing anyone this January. Zee team is in good shape!
Agreed on this point. Add to that the fact AW moved Jack from the Santi's role in the twin midfield pivot alongside Xhaka, when Jack is already getting used to it. Would rather AW kept Jack there so as to develop more rapport with Xhaka.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

oloye wrote:The problem i have with today's win even as a neutral...Arsene will use thay as a point not to bother signing anyone this January. Zee team is in good shape!
Uncle even if they did not win he will at best rush to buy any players not really what the team need.To me he can choose not to buy any more waste pipe and leave end of season.
Hope the team continue with another victory on Wednesday for the semi final league cup game.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

That guy should be banned from Arsenal Fan TV. Not all failures at Arsenal are from Wenger and Kroenke. Even Robbie failed to coach this fan before the interview.
And when you listen to the rest of the interview, Robbie keeps trying to say that Sanchez ONLY went to Man U. for the money. And he keeps trying to push that bogus.
Robbie acting more and more like a Wenger employe.
danfo driver wrote:waffiman, which is the biggest club in England? :D
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Remember that Giroud, Ramney and Cazorla are coming back. They will be like new signings. Now, if we could just get ride of Debuchy !!!
Our wage bill would look even more amazing(er), if you ask me.
kajifu wrote:
Uncle even if they did not win he will at best rush to buy any players not really what the team need.To me he can choose not to buy any more waste pipe and leave end of season.
Hope the team continue with another victory on Wednesday for the semi final league cup game.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

We need to consider a swap deal for Laca and Abu
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Waffiman wrote:

Would rather just get the cash. They can keep him and get Sanchez. I think Alex Iwobi is better than him or has the potential to be better than him.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:4-2-3-1 from AW today.
The game I had the pleasure of enjoying at the Emirates today was not 4-2-3-1.It was either 4-3-3 or 4-1-4-1.

Xhaka was ahead Elneny and in tandem with Jack up field. Elneny was effectively the 3rd CD, (remember pre-season friendlies when he played this role) and holding midfielder. But he did not just seat, he joined the attack when he could.

Whatever formation it was, we saw Wengerball again at the Emirates. The problem remains away from home.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Fact remains we're in late Jan and AW has not clue or vision on his ideal starting 11. Week after week it's a mishmash 11, AW just hoping talent alone enough to secure a victory.
Not a fact. It is your opinion. An opinion is not fact. We all know the 1st 11, when they are fit.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

According to my good friend at the Emirates today:

No Chilean Bellamy to stop Venga ball now. The exchange between Ozil and Wilshere is telepathic....

I nor hear am finish. These English men with their big mouth.

Chilean Bellamy! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I was in stitches. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I hope hope Aubemeyang is signed.

Cech
Belerin, Mustaffi, Koscielny, Monreal or kolisinac

Ozil, Xhaka, Ramsey or Wilshere or Carzola, Iwobi

Aubemeyang, Lacazette
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

@afcstuff

Wenger on #bvb’s statement claiming him to be disrespectful: “That [complaint] looks to be a tactical reaction rather than anything else. They are responsible for their own statements.” #afc

I totally agree with AW here - he answered a question about the player's character by saying his accomplishments show character(my
summation) - BVB flipped cos they're about a narrative that's disgraceful.
-----------------

@afcstuff:
Wenger on Alexis to #mufc: “Sanchez will only happen if Mkhitaryan comes here. That will be decided in the next 48 hours. It is a possibility.” #afc

@afcstuff:
Manchester United will pay Arsenal £20m for Alexis Sanchez, £15m to his agent Fernando Felicevich, £7.5m signing on fee for Alexis while giving the player £450k-per-week in wages. [Mail] #afc

If the above 2 tweets are true - ManU have gone bonkers - they're basically giving us money to pay Mkhitaryan's wages & i thought Alexis agent wanted £5m - how do we come from a certain sunken place to this - great business.

Update!!!!

David Ornstein
@bbcsport_david:
EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan agrees move to Arsenal in a deal that will see Gunners forward Alexis Sanchez go opposite way. It’s a straight swap, no money involved. Paperwork complete, Mkhitaryan will undergo a medical over the next 2 days #MUFC #AFC

So the Mail & BBC need to get their stories together - i believe Manu in some way will pay some significant part of what is left of Mkhi's contract.
Last edited by tolahs on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Closet Arsenal fan. I see say the football sweet you. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

It was worth noting that Arsenal's only attacking options on the bench were academy products Reiss Nelson and Eddie Nketiah. Reinforcements cannot arrive soon enough.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Would AW have played Mo today if Ramsey was fit? - i doubt it but Mo's function today has to be a must - he gave the team that platform to go express themselves - he was always there to help play out of defense while sometimes being that spare runner upfront......if we plug that hole, we can do big things going forward.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:@afcstuff

Wenger on #bvb’s statement claiming him to be disrespectful: “That [complaint] looks to be a tactical reaction rather than anything else. They are responsible for their own statements.” #afc

I totally agree with AW here - he answered a question about the player's character by saying his accomplishments show character(my
-----------------

@afcstuff:
Wenger on Alexis to #mufc: “Sanchez will only happen if Mkhitaryan comes here. That will be decided in the next 48 hours. It is a possibility.” #afc

@afcstuff:
Manchester United will pay Arsenal £20m for Alexis Sanchez, £15m to his agent Fernando Felicevich, £7.5m signing on fee for Alexis while giving the player £450k-per-week in wages. [Mail] #afc

If the above 2 tweets are true - ManU have gone bonkers - they're basically giving us money to pay Mkhitaryan's wages & i thought Alexis agent wanted £5m - how do we come from a certain sunken place to this - great business.
Here is how.

So the Sun newspaper are ripping into Sanchez for not sticking to a gentleman’s agreement he had with Pep. Neil Aston, that hypocrite, has the gall to write about morals, principles and decency. This from a news paper and organisation that tapped a dead girl's phone.

It is funny how the cretin Ashton does not mention Pep should not have even been talking to him, never mind making an agreement, what with him being an Arsenal player in the first place. Of course, the same Ashton wrote Sanchez will snubbed Mourinho only a few days ago.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ssion=true

But he talks about morals. A columnist for a paper that wrote what they did about Hillsborough talking about morals, the absolute irony and hypocrisy.

Arsenal’s role in all this forgotten. After City late bid on transfers deadline day, left Arsenal little room to sort out a replacement plus Sanchez conduct since the window closed, Arsenal have grabbed the bull by the horns.

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis started an auction by punting Sanchez around Europe’s top clubs. If they get Mikhitaryan as part of this deal, it will be a brilliant salvage operation. Mikh is a player they wanted and had an agreement with till they were priced out by ManU and ManU aware of this, offered the player to Arsenal as part of any deal. Other stories claim, Arsenal asked for Mikhitaryan.

Arsenal has done exactly what they should have, despite the negative slant trying to make it sound almost seedy by that hack called Ashton.

Arsenal have done the right thing for themselves, and so have United and Sanchez. I see nothing scandalous or controversial about any of it. So why is Sanchez being cast a villain?

Sanchez has been turned into a transfer villain beyond compare and is being held up as the ultimate South American mercenary. Why? I tell you, he is a foreigner who has done what English players do all the time but not a word from these news papers.

The hysteria the Sun and co have generated as become its own beast and irrelevant to what has actually happened or is happening.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Waffiman wrote:According to my good friend at the Emirates today:

No Chilean Bellamy to stop Venga ball now. The exchange between Ozil and Wilshere is telepathic....

I nor finish. These English men with their big mouth.

Joke is on you mate. Sanchez was by far our best player over the 2.5 or 3.5 years he pkayed for Arsenal. If you think Arsenal is stronger by selling him then I have a bridge to sell to you.
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

jdizzy wrote:

Joke is on you mate. Sanchez was by far our best player over the 2.5 or 3.5 years he pkayed for Arsenal. If you think Arsenal is stronger by selling him then I have a bridge to sell to you.
Well, that's your opinion and I strongly disagree. The joke is on you cos you are not aware of how I really feel about the player.

Santi was easily our best till we lost him. Then Ozil became our best player. The Chilean Bellamy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: was never our best player.

Just my opinion.

If you have been following my posts here, you will know I have had issues with Sanchez for over 2 years due to the problems he was for the club off the pitch. One thing, I never took away from him is his quality on the pitch.

Finally, you saw how Iwobi played today in his favourite position. If Sanchez leaving gives Alex more game in the roles he prefers on the pitch and we win, I have no complaints. I will not miss Sanchez and many here know it.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:

-----------------

@afcstuff:

@afcstuff:

Here is how.

So the Sun newspaper are ripping into Sanchez for not sticking to a gentleman’s agreement he had with Pep. Neil Aston, that hypocrite, has the gall to write about morals, principles and decency. This from a news paper and organisation that tapped a dead girl's phone.

It is funny how the cretin Ashton does not mention Pep should not have even been talking to him, never mind making an agreement, what with him being an Arsenal player in the first place. Of course, the same Ashton wrote Sanchez will snubbed Mourinho only a few days ago.

But he talks about morals. A columnist for a paper that wrote what they did about Hillsborough talking about morals, the absolute irony and hypocrisy.

Arsenal’s role in all this forgotten. After City late bid on transfers deadline day, left Arsenal little room to sort out a replacement plus Sanchez conduct since the window closed, Arsenal have grabbed the bull by the horns.

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis started an auction by punting Sanchez around Europe’s top clubs. If they get Mikhitaryan as part of this deal, it will be a brilliant salvage operation. Mikh is a player they wanted and had an agreement with till they were priced out by ManU and ManU aware of this, offered the player to Arsenal as part of any deal. Other stories claim, Arsenal asked for Mikhitaryan.

Arsenal has done exactly what they should have, despite the negative slant trying to make it sound almost seedy by that hack called Ashton.

Arsenal have done the right thing for themselves, and so have United and Sanchez. I see nothing scandalous or controversial about any of it. So why is Sanchez being cast a villain?

Sanchez has been turned into a transfer villain beyond compare and is being held up as the ultimate South American mercenary. Why? I tell you, he is a foreigner who has done what English players do all the time but not a word from these news papers.

The hysteria the Sun and co have generated as become its own beast and irrelevant to what has actually happened or is happening.

When you switch between rivals as we know from Sol's experience - the bitterness gets extreme - reading some of the exchanges
between the ManC & ManU fans - it has gotten nasty - as it is, i expect a few leaks from ManC about Alexis.
On the deal last summer - you may remember Trevor Sinclair's take on it:
Alexis Sanchez did not join Man City because of low bid
"“I think brinkmanship and leaving it right to the last minute cost them,” Sinclair told BBC’s The Premier League Show.....
“They tried to get the player for as cheap as possible."

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... y-Man-City
---------------------------------
ManC got cocky - even this window leaking how much Alexis had agreed to $250k wkly etc etc - they really were rubbing our noses in
it - i honestly believe ManU have got to answer to Mr Pesky agent for Lukaku & Pogba pay rise.
------------------------
David de Gea is going to need a raise - proper wage inflation over there.
Last edited by tolahs on Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

-----------------

@afcstuff:

@afcstuff:

Here is how.

When you switch between rivals as we know from Sol's experience - the bitterness gets extreme - reading some of the exchanges
between the ManC & ManU fans - it has gotten nasty - as it is, i expect a few leaks from ManC about Alexis.
"“I think brinkmanship and leaving it right to the last minute cost them,” Sinclair told BBC’s The Premier League Show.....

ManC got cocky - even this window leaking how muck Alexis had agreed to $250k wkly etc etc - they really were rubbing our noses in
it - i honestly believe ManU have got to answer to Mr Pesky agent for Lukaku & Pogba pay rise.
------------------------
Arsenal and ManU got together to screw City. It is as simple as that.

Wenger's press conference praising ManU and having sly digs at City was surreal.

Raiola has said ManU will pay Mkhi's salary for this season and next. That's is incredible. Arsenal cannot lose. They end up with more money for Aubemeyang. Now they must do that deal.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

jdizzy wrote:

Can Alexis reach the heights he did at Arsenal - i doubt it & that's an opinion i reached & expressed B4 the transfer window. He plays
footie the way Nadal plays tennis - very physical but for a few seasons he has played deep into the offseason - COPA(a key reason)
- watching Chile lose to a young German team at the Confederation cup in Russia - you saw a team of players who'd played too much football but i also previously expressed that the rest from Europa & WC helps him to recover his powers(next season) - i will add in closing that the addition of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang & Mkhitaryan to Arsenal if it happens makes them a superior offensive team. I expect Mkhi to get his confidence back but like Pierre he's hungry & fresh.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

-----------------

@afcstuff:

@afcstuff:

Here is how.

ManC got cocky - even this window leaking how muck Alexis had agreed to $250k wkly etc etc - they really were rubbing our noses in
------------------------
Arsenal and ManU got together to screw City. It is as simple as that.

Wenger's press conference praising ManU and having sly digs at City was surreal.( Saw some comments by Chelsea fans on youtube claiming they too should've bee praised like Manu - smh)

Raiola has said ManU will pay Mkhi's salary for this season and next. That's is incredible. Arsenal cannot lose. They end up with more money for Aubemeyang. Now they must do that deal.
This agent's comments got me smiling weird that my little niece over for the wknd thinks Uncle gone loony - don't know about you, i never saw that coming - let's get the kid's confidence up & go...time for MOTD!!!!!