The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bepanda
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by bepanda »

Then who will replace the 20 goals from Sanchez? And don't forget, he also had lots of assists. If we can't replace those goals, how is that not a downgrade?
After watching Lacazzette for 6 months, we know he is not going to be that goal scorer. He is too passive of a player and easily marked. And when he gets chances, he doesn't burry them and loses confidence. Benching him might just do more damage to his already fragile mental state. Danny Welbeck? Huhmm ...
If we get Auba, what does that mean for Giroud? Even less playing time? Will he agree to play Walcott minutes?
Hopefully Wenger can figure this out quickly. That's why he gets paid.
I believe it will take time and many games to figure this out. Can we afford to lose all this time, given that we are chasing top 4 and are already behind by 7 points?
Knowing Wenger, he will try to play all his offensive weapons at once ... I wouldn't be surprised to see Mikha play the DM role in some games ... Sounds ridiculous, but this is Wenger !!!
platinum wrote:
bepanda wrote:Because just passing the ball around has ever produced any goals. Arsenal is the team that goes 90 minutes with 2 shots on goal. Now we are adding another passer ...
Who will shoot on goal? Lacazette? Iwobi? Duh !!! I think we are desillusional, if we believe we can just replace Sanchez with another passer.
And let's be honest: Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil, Mikha and Xhaka offer the same thing both offensively and defensively. They can't defend. They can't shoot. And they refuse to cross the balls for Giroud. Adding Aubamayang could be the big win for this.
Mikha will eventually replace Ozil, when he leaves at the end of the season.
Bepanda
platinum wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Downgrade from Alexis Sanchez to Henrikh Mkhitaryan. This is what we get when we allow Wenger to run the transfers. Sanchez should have been dealt in the summer at the minimum. Talkless of letting his contract run down to 1 year left. Manure are the winners in this transaction.
Downgrade? Depends on what the expectations are. Alexis was more of a.....'me' player. Mkhitaryan is about the collective. If Arsenal plays this wisely, it's a win win
Downgrade? No.
The Armenian is more direct. He is more Rosicky than Ozil. He'll shoot when necessary.....though no telling what he becomes under Wenger's tutelage.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

danfo driver wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:To many it is a straight swap, but it simply cannot be. How how you swap a player with 3 years left on his contract with a player who leaves on a free in 6 months?

It is a swap, but not a straight swap, for many reasons.
We ain't the ones doing the face saving here - That agent isn't been declared wacko either.
You should ask waffiman these questions:

1. Does Mkhi have 3 years left on his contract? or is that a fabrication by Waffiman? :lol: :lol:

2. Does Mkhi make the match-day squad for United?

3. If United was to sell Mkhi this January, can they sell him? :lol: :lol:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I just dey sit down and look: EPL swapping of a 60 goals winger with a 6 goals winger.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:I am speechless at arsenal football club.

So we got a United Reject for one of the most potent attacking forces in world football. Seriously how much would Mikcrap fetch on the open market right now ? How many times will hear clubs keep hosing Arsenal FC?
He was a Barca reject.

You can call it what you want. In the final analysis, Arsenal have done very well for themselves from this deal given the position they were in with City. Also they got a player they always wanted.

Accept, we are not at the top of the financial food chain then you all will not get too vexed.

Sanchez has always been the better all round player than Mkhi, that is not in question. But you all know I can't stand the player cos of the way he behaved at the club I love and support.

He is gone and I am glad to see the back of him. It is even sweeter to know we are being paid for one part of his replacement.

Now we must maximise and make the best of this situation. We get Aubameyang and Mkhi, we have done great business.

But every player needs a system to maximise their respective abilities in a team structure. Sanchez could not fit into Barca's system, it did not make him a bad player.

Arsenal took him and got him playing in a system to maximise his collective abilities. Jose must do the same. To me he will, or else he will not pay all that money.

I don't think there is any doubt that Mkhi is the type to flourish in Wenger's system and he does not need to change much for it to happen.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... l-11884343

Klopp digs the knife into Arsene’s back.... smh

but he was making what he considers a factual statement.
Yeah. He once said Liverpool will never pay silly money for a player. Then they paid for Van Dyke.

The same Liverpool sold Sterling to City.

You guys have short memories. I don't.

Klopp knows Arsenal have Mhki and maybe Aubemeyang. He is worried.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:To many it is a straight swap, but it simply cannot be. How how you swap a player with 3 years left on his contract with a player who leaves on a free in 6 months?

It is a swap, but not a straight swap, for many reasons.
We ain't the ones doing the face saving here - That agent isn't been declared wacko either.
This is about what you make of your circumstance. Arsenal have done very well from it. Both financially and footballistically.

Arsenal get Aubemeyang plus Mkhi for Sanchez. It is great business. Don't forget, Theo and Sanchez were our top 2 goal scorers last season. Aubemeyang and Mkhi goes a long way in replacing them.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:According to my good friend at the Emirates today:

No Chilean Bellamy to stop Venga ball now. The exchange between Ozil and Wilshere is telepathic....

I nor finish. These English men with their big mouth.

Chilean Bellamy! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I was in stitches. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Joke is on you mate. Sanchez was by far our best player over the 2.5 or 3.5 years he pkayed for Arsenal. If you think Arsenal is stronger by selling him then I have a bridge to sell to you.
Well, that's your opinion and I strongly disagree. The joke is on you cos you are not aware of how I really feel about the player.

Santi was easily our best till we lost him. Then Ozil became our best player. The Chilean Bellamy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: was never our best player.

Just my opinion.

If you have been following my posts here, you will know I have had issues with Sanchez for over 2 years due to the problems he was for the club off the pitch. One thing, I never took away from him is his quality on the pitch.

Finally, you saw how Iwobi played today in his favourite position. If Sanchez leaving gives Alex more game in the roles he prefers on the pitch and we win, I have no complaints. I will not miss Sanchez and many here know it.
Haba, Waffi, fear God now!
Why? You should know my views on the player and it has been more than 2 yrs I have made it known. But I never questioned his quality on the pitch.

The fact that I don't question Sanchez quality on the pitch does not mean I cannot have a good laugh at a description I heard and enjoyed today at the Emirates.

BTW! He was never our best player. When you give the ball away like he did each game, you cannot be our best player.
Waffi, you missed the part when I implored you to fear God...
The Chilean Bellamy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: was never our best player.

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
jdizzy wrote:

No Chilean Bellamy to stop Venga ball now. The exchange between Ozil and Wilshere is telepathic....

Joke is on you mate. Sanchez was by far our best player over the 2.5 or 3.5 years he pkayed for Arsenal. If you think Arsenal is stronger by selling him then I have a bridge to sell to you.
Well, that's your opinion and I strongly disagree. The joke is on you cos you are not aware of how I really feel about the player.

Santi was easily our best till we lost him. Then Ozil became our best player. The Chilean Bellamy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: was never our best player.

Just my opinion.

If you have been following my posts here, you will know I have had issues with Sanchez for over 2 years due to the problems he was for the club off the pitch. One thing, I never took away from him is his quality on the pitch.

Finally, you saw how Iwobi played today in his favourite position. If Sanchez leaving gives Alex more game in the roles he prefers on the pitch and we win, I have no complaints. I will not miss Sanchez and many here know it.
Alexis Sanchez was Arsenal's best player last season....easily. This demonization of players who choose to leave has to stop, it's not becoming.
What demonisation? You have an opinion, I have mine. To you he was, to me he was not. Fair enough, we agree to disagree. No need to judge or cast aspersions at another's opinion cos you disagree.

Besides, you love to look at my posts history or timeline here. If you are being honest, you will know for about 2 years, I have been calling the player out here for his behaviour. You should know I don't like the player but I have never questioned his quality.

Yesterday, to make sure the player was going, I went into the Arsenal shop. I did not see anything with Sanchez in the shop. It gave me a nice feeling. I don't care about the player anymore, he is no longer Arsenal. I am just glad he is out of my Club.

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

The Sun still after Sanchez. I hate the Sun newspaper. :curse:
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Sad thread hijacked by moaners and sad people. The 'new' players are already being criticized and called names even before holding up the shirt on Arsenal.com. The 'fans' and certified Arsenal haters have had a delightful week of partying. Tufiakwa. The old players are the worst in the EPL. People that can't go through the day without complaining or moaning about something stay on this thread permanently, making it nauseating for those of us that want to simply support our club and players.

Fortunately, I watch the games for myself, like our nice 4:1 win against Palace yesterday, with the much maligned Iwobi and Lacazette scoring, and Ozil in full flow.

Mkhi seems to be coming, and Auba looks a realistic target. Hope he comes. We need them. I'll hang out here every now and then and read stuff. Some I simply skip without bothering cause the posters are simply sad people, and I refuse to be sad. :biggrin:
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

This is another colossal failure by Wenger. I disagree with Waffi. I am not glad to see the back of Alexis Sanchez.

When Alexis put on the Arsenal jersey he gave 100 percent effort for the club. I respect him. He is a special player. We should never ever sell our best players to a rival club. Alexis should have been sold in the summer to PSG or another club.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

It looks so strange seeing Theo in that Everton strip. He will always remain a Gooner wherever he goes. I love the guy and his class. With us from a boy of 16, through the highs and the lows.

Left with 100 goals and 3 FA cups. Long live Theo. :thumb: :thumbs: :thumb: :thumbs:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Dortmund has confirmed talks are on going with Arsenal for Aubemeyang. Love it. 8-)
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Hmm... how much for a 28 year old?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

The YeyeMan wrote:Hmm... how much for a 28 year old?
Aubameyang is 29 today.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Dortmund want £55 million for a 29 year old.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

realtrouble wrote:
As yoruba adage will say...' talo ri ese were ti ko ni bu..' . They have smelt a club desperation and they want to take a cut.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Jdiz, when Ozil goes, he'll be the Bavarian Matt Le Tissier, technically astute, lazier than a fielder, eyes closed, spitting watermelon seeds, dreaming of music whistling out of the harmonica he can't be bothered to blow, sitting in his top pocket.

Coquelin, in certain taverns, is the Calais Lee Catermole, Walcott the countryside Glenn Helder. Oxlade, according to the last tumbler of Bombardier, is a Caribbean Gavin Peacock.

With the lot gone, (most of them, for all their disruptive influence, amassed more games than their kryptonitic influence would suggest), Charles Xavier can now launch his assault on Man City. 15 or so games to go, telepathy, telekinesis, tele tubbies. Eh oh.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Waffiman wrote:
Aubameyang is 29 today.
He's 28 according to Wikipedia and Transfermarkt. Born June 18, 1989. Still a lot of dough to be throwing around, he's a quality player though.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:I am speechless at arsenal football club.

So we got a United Reject for one of the most potent attacking forces in world football. Seriously how much would Mikcrap fetch on the open market right now ? How many times will hear clubs keep hosing Arsenal FC?
He was a Barca reject.

You can call it what you want. In the final analysis, Arsenal have done very well for themselves from this deal given the position they were in with City. Also they got a player they always wanted.

Accept, we are not at the top of the financial food chain then you all will not get too vexed.

Sanchez has always been the better all round player than Mkhi, that is not in question. But you all know I can't stand the player cos of the way he behaved at the club I love and support.

He is gone and I am glad to see the back of him. It is even sweeter to know we are being paid for one part of his replacement.

Now we must maximise and make the best of this situation. We get Aubameyang and Mkhi, we have done great business.

But every player needs a system to maximise their respective abilities in a team structure. Sanchez could not fit into Barca's system, it did not make him a bad player.

Arsenal took him and got him playing in a system to maximise his collective abilities. Jose must do the same. To me he will, or else he will not pay all that money.

I don't think there is any doubt that Mkhi is the type to flourish in Wenger's system and he does not need to change much for it to happen.

Speaking of Abumeyang:

He told Bild on Sunday: "We were contacted by Arsenal CEO Ivan Gazidis, where he informed us that he intends to talk to us. That, however, did not happen yet. There are no current talks."
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
jdizzy wrote:

Just my opinion.

Haba, Waffi, fear God now!
Why? You should know my views on the player and it has been more than 2 yrs I have made it known. But I never questioned his quality on the pitch.

The fact that I don't question Sanchez quality on the pitch does not mean I cannot have a good laugh at a description I heard and enjoyed today at the Emirates.

BTW! He was never our best player. When you give the ball away like he did each game, you cannot be our best player.
Waffi, you missed the part when I implored you to fear God...
The Chilean Bellamy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: was never our best player.

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
It's official Waffi is a nutter :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

oloye wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
As yoruba adage will say...' talo ri ese were ti ko ni bu..' . They have smelt a club desperation and they want to take a cut.

If I were them I'd demand 70 million. Arsenal forever negotiating from impossible positions ...Stupid club :curse:

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Thank you Sanchez. Goodbye.

On to the new. Great deal getting Mhki on board. He is an Arsenal player and we make us better.

:taunt:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu