The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Siddonlook11 »

mmeny wrote:
bepanda wrote:As we celebrate the new Gunner, Man City has just announced an extension to Kevin DB contract until 2023. And NO, they aren't breaking the bank for him.
Jack Wilshere still hasn't signed.
Mesut Ozil still hasn't signed.
Aaron Ramsey still hasn't signed.
Maybe ... we just don't want these guys back. Maybe !!!
The only player I would resign from that group is Ozil. The other two British boys unless they agree to be squad players I will let them walk, no way those two should be demanding starting eleven spots.

We have seen their contribution over the years and quite frankly it is not good enough.

Fair point - I like Ramsey though and think he can be better than he is now with discipline in his game. This talk we all have of Xhaka and Jack for me Ramsey is one player that can play any of the midfield positions above average in addition has the best gas tank on that team ( second is Ozil for me in that area btw ).

I think we should let Jack go ( English press no go let us rest if we keep him as a squad player )...tha luxury we can only get with Welbeck.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Fair enough to say you won't sign them. And that's ok. But again ... If you don't sign them ... will you be playing Nkethia? Chuba? Where is the replacement?
Arsenal fans are paying the highest fees to watch games at the Emirates, but are offered what in return?
My point is, if you don't pay them, where are your long term plans?
Bepanda
mmeny wrote:
bepanda wrote:As we celebrate the new Gunner, Man City has just announced an extension to Kevin DB contract until 2023. And NO, they aren't breaking the bank for him.
The only player I would resign from that group is Ozil. The other two British boys unless they agree to be squad players I will let them walk, no way those two should be demanding starting eleven spots.
We have seen their contribution over the years and quite frankly it is not good enough.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

platinum wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:I am VERY SAD that one of my favorite Gooners has left...and joined Mourinho's side for that matter.

Having said that, welcome to The Arsenal, Mkhi.
He was a lockeroom cancer. Destroying the club little by little :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a more serious note, I think he gives United the same boost RVP gave that club. If United go unbeaten from here on out (in the PL), it won't surprise me at all. City need to be veeeeeery careful
No way this united team will go unbeaten, their next 5 EPL games,Spurs and Chelsea to play.But I will wait and see how they fair with Alexis.
I will like City drop more points to keep the title race open .I agree that City need to be very careful but if not beloved I really don't care who wins it.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

This players today tells a lot of lies.Sanchez saying he wanted to play for Manu as a child,Our Amenia Pele is saying he dream of playing for belove as a kid.Did not Sanchez say samething when he join Barca and our new signing saying same when he left Dortmund for Manu?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

kajifu wrote:This players today tells a lot of lies.Sanchez saying he wanted to play for Manu as a child,Our Amenia Pele is saying he dream of playing for belove as a kid.Did not Sanchez say samething when he join Barca and our new signing saying same when he left Dortmund for Manu?
hmmm you need to relax o and not give yourself high bp, you take these things way to seriously, make you siddon enjoy your new signing leave the gist for press.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
kajifu wrote:This players today tells a lot of lies.Sanchez saying he wanted to play for Manu as a child,Our Amenia Pele is saying he dream of playing for belove as a kid.Did not Sanchez say samething when he join Barca and our new signing saying same when he left Dortmund for Manu?
hmmm you need to relax o and not give yourself high bp, you take these things way to seriously, make you siddon enjoy your new signing leave the gist for press.
:agree: hope the second have of this season be great,we the fans need to be happy.I will relax and take it as business no need get upset.i was piss as Alexis was smiling as a Manu player :boo: :boo: :boo:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Kaji, if only one knew how dressed rehearsed most press conferences are. More often than not, the media are handpicked, the controversial questions pre-agreed. Both Sanchez and Henrikh will have been briefed on what to say, for those less savvy with the English language, they're given a script. The best ones are the boxing conferences which, as a consequence of ego and machismo, often drift from the script to the impromptu. David Haye and Derek Chisora's squaring off was supposed to the the perfect advert, sadly when two dullards are handed a script, with both hurrying through the pages for illustrations, the inevitable unfolds.

When the goals go in for both and they will, the badge will be kissed, the heart patted with the open hand and a True Goon and Real Red Devil will be born. Enjoy.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Goodbye, Alexis. Thanks for your commitment, and the good memories. I'll be following your career at Man U.

Mkhi onye ball, I've always wanted you at The Arsenal. Despite how things went for you at your former club, I believe you will keep your head up and rediscover yourself at The Arsenal.

Welcome, and best wishes.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

kajifu wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
:agree: hope the second have of this season be great,we the fans need to be happy.I will relax and take it as business no need get upset.i was piss as Alexis was smiling as a Manu player :boo: :boo: :boo:
Come on man. Arsenal Wonga wey dey happy to pocket the cash and another player in exchange nko?

At the end of the day, it is a prudent decision by Arsenal. Stupid if he had been let go for nothing.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Kaji,
What would you have said? Please don't tell me you would be playing for Arsenal for peanuts ... because that ain't true.
Bepanda
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

With Liverpool’s loss today the gap to 4th place down to 5 points with 14 games to go.
To God be the glory
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Watch Arsenal drag the Aubamayang signing ... until the end of the window.
Skylolo wrote:With Liverpool’s loss today the gap to 4th place down to 5 points with 14 games to go.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

bepanda wrote:Watch Arsenal drag the Aubamayang signing ... until the end of the window.
Skylolo wrote:With Liverpool’s loss today the gap to 4th place down to 5 points with 14 games to go.
If another club do not hijack the deal
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

I really wish we could be more decisive...and avoid stupid problems.
bouncino wrote:
bepanda wrote:Watch Arsenal drag the Aubamayang signing ... until the end of the window.
If another club do not hijack the deal
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:So why did we not go attacking Henry when he leave to barca in same ambition like Alexis.
Sanchez also revealed that he looked to Thierry Henry for inspiration in deciding to quit the Emirates. “I remember today, a conversation I had with Henry, a historic Arsenal player, who changed club for the same reason and today is my turn,” he added.
I saw a headline Titi was getting it - it's this simple, whatever chat they'd was in total confidence - what Alexis has done is throw Titi
under the bus just to suit his ego - real diva move.
Be classy & stop responding to the net - once you start, it gets heavy.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Arsenal will finish 4th unless we have some bad result with teams like Swansea.
I expect us to be 4th in the next 5 games.Spurs and Liverpool playing next week,hope both drop points and Spurs playing Manu and beloved back to back.
So if we win our 5 coming game we will be in top 4.
Also with CL next month this top 5 teams all in it will drop points
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Are Skysports pouring cold water on published wage reports for Alexis?

How will Sanchez's arrival on a big-money contract affect the other high earners at United?

JC: It's natural in football dressing rooms that people are aware of how much people are being paid - although a lot of the Sanchez wage information has come from sources connected to Manchester City, so we have to treat it with a little bit of scepticism.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... t-happened

If ManC really were leaking those figures - they muddied the waters bigtime - omg!!! They got game - real dark arts.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Bep Guardiola, Aubemeyang has signed, the circus is just for show. The prestige. The terms have been agreed with the player, t'is only the terms of purchase that remain.. Bets have been suspended on some platforms and odds on Giroud leaving in the opposite direction have fallen. 7s previously, now 1/9 for PEA in the good places. Will be a shame to see Big OG Bobby leave. Perhaps they could be convinced to take Welbeck, big, pacey, falls down alot, ties his legs up running with the ball. Perfect.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bepanda wrote:Kaji,
What would you have said? Please don't tell me you would be playing for Arsenal for peanuts ... because that ain't true.
Bepanda
I don't have issue with them getting paid is those lies like I have dream to play for this club blah blah blah.How many clubs one player dream of playing?
As for Arsenal right now I will not ask any good player I know to play for Wenger,if a bigger club comes with ambition I will advise the players to go.
Wenger is not serious for competing with the best.I just hope his era will come to an end soon. If the player I know its waste pipe and no takers then beloved is the real deal.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anikulapo wrote:
bepanda wrote:Cazorla got off crutches and could finally walk again following Operation #10. Yes, 10 Operations...
His contract goes until the end of the season. I doubt we bring him back.
kajifu wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:-------------------------Cech----------------------

Belerin---------Mustaffi----------Koscielny----Kolisinac

Mikhathayrian- ---Ramsey--------Xhaka---------Iwobi

-------------Lacazette-----------Aubameyang------------

Subs
Wilshre
Carzola
Welbeck
Ohenhen at it again no Ozil?No Monreal?
Abeg play that kid Niles is this not madness to still be counting on Santi?
If he is fit bench Xhaka for him or Ramsey.

This is why I wouldn’t have minded Mata to be included since he is a very similar player to Santi and he also has an expiring contract which we could have renegotiated and sold him in if he didn’t work out
Even Fellaini as jara, we for manage. Did Wenger even ask?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

If as widely agreed that Alexis will struggle to make it into a fit ManC 1st 11 - how on Earth does he inspire ManU to overtake their cross town rivals. i am not sure Pep expected the output & levels reached by Sterling & Sane - they're young & have bought into their gaffer's philosophy.
They've to be prohibitive favs for the EPL next season - this season is been a procession......

If the papers are to be believed, last week Dortmund let it be known Giroud cannot be part of a deal to get Pierre - now after talking
points more or less painting their striker as the next Charles Manson - someone they must get rid off - we hear shakara that if Giroud
ain't part of the package they'll keep the outcast/rebel.....sho nuff!!!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
mmeny wrote:

Fair point - I like Ramsey though and think he can be better than he is now with discipline in his game. This talk we all have of Xhaka and Jack for me Ramsey is one player that can play any of the midfield positions above average in addition has the best gas tank on that team ( second is Ozil for me in that area btw ).

I think we should let Jack go ( English press no go let us rest if we keep him as a squad player )...tha luxury we can only get with Welbeck.
Truth be told give this Ramsey to Pep he will be a fantastic player,Wenger lack discipline and allow the boys get away with no accountability.
I remember the 5-3 we won at Chelsea 2011 I think with Van Persie scoring hattrick,Ramsey was simply unplayable,i have watch him in some top matches he was just unbelievable good.The his 3 months stardom that no player come close in the entire league,he was scoring left and right then all of a sudden become clueless thinking he is Maradona.
Same Arsenal team will still be just like 3 points behind city at worst with a decent coach
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Mkhitaryan should we start him against Chelsea on Wednesday?
How should we line up?