The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by tolahs »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Arsenal fan tv and robbie taking a battering after Hector totally owned them...LOVE IT!!!!
Hector's spot on in saying this has become a hustle for these guys. Go on, own it & admit you took advantage of an opportunity -
instead we're getting boring variations of the definition of fanhood.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Arsenal fans responding to Bellerin !!!
Never seen a guy so mad !!! Let's be honest, we all watch the game on TV. Some of these Arsenal fans pay lots of $$$ to go watch the games.
Don't they have the right to be angry?
[/video]
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:@Waffi, did see Ospina save a penalty. Yeah the team Ost-whatever might be lowly but the penalty taker placed it well. You wanna wagger a bet if your Cech living on old glory would have said that. The result would have been Arsenal 3 Ost-watever 1.

Remember our discussion again when Cech was signed after a 6 months period in which Ospina was rated the best goalie in the premiership. Another reminder of what would have been if Cech has not been brought in to usurp his position. Just imagine where the healthy rivalry between Ospina and Woj would have taken us by now.
Anyways Ospina saved and at the last count 13 or so penalties have been taken against Cech in Arsenal jersey and he has saved nada.
My bro, as much as I see your point, I am still firmly of the view signing Cech was the right decision. This season though, he is showing his age. Ospina save was low to his right. The side scouts believe Cech is weak, so they encourage shots targeted at that area.

On Szczesny, word is, combination of disciplinary (loan) then financial forced his sale. I am not happy about the Szczesny situation. I feel he should be at the club right now. Let's hope Arsenal put in buy back clause for the player.

Age? Definitely not. Cech was already on his home journey when we signed him. We only signed him based on his legend.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Honestly, I have no idea what you are talking about.
A hustle is a job. If I don't hustle at my job, someone else will take it.
ArsenalFanTV is the most successful fan channel out there. It is not by accident. Robbie is doing a great job with this thing.
Robbie is getting more viewers than established personalities on TV, who are getting paid millions.
The internet has redefined the Media landscape. I'm sure you heard about ESPN/FOX/NBC laying off people. I'm sure some of these layoff guys didn't hustle enough.
Today's Media is about content. Robbie content is unique and varied enough. It is well shot, well produced. Everything is "genuine" and close enough to reality TV.
Companies like ESPN, Fox would kill to get Robbie's viewers. ESPN's best shows don't even get 10% of what Robbie gets ...
Why does anyone need to pay to watch Stephen A Smith, when i can watch Claude and Troopz and DT ?
Bepanda
tolahs wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Arsenal fan tv and robbie taking a battering after Hector totally owned them...LOVE IT!!!!
Hector's spot on in saying this has become a hustle for these guys. Go on, own it & admit you took advantage of an opportunity -
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

bepanda wrote:Honestly, I have no idea what you are talking about.
A hustle is a job. If I don't hustle at my job, someone else will take it.
ArsenalFanTV is the most successful fan channel out there. It is not by accident. Robbie is doing a great job with this thing.
Robbie is getting more viewers than established personalities on TV, who are getting paid millions.
The internet has redefined the Media landscape. I'm sure you heard about ESPN/FOX/NBC laying off people. I'm sure some of these layoff guys didn't hustle enough.
Today's Media is about content. Robbie content is unique and varied enough. It is well shot, well produced. Everything is "genuine" and close enough to reality TV.
Companies like ESPN, Fox would kill to get Robbie's viewers. ESPN's best shows don't even get 10% of what Robbie gets ...
Why does anyone need to pay to watch Stephen A Smith, when i can watch Claude and Troopz and DT ?
Bepanda
tolahs wrote:
kpom.
i think people (and Robbie) have taken it the wrong way.
ballerina spoke facts, so i don't see what the backlash is...

what aftv is doing, i'm sure lots of people wish they had taken that opportunity. i give Robbie mad respect for that

but it is still a hustle.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

What Arsenal fans are angry? The ones that are angry are the ones Bellerin spoke the truth about. I do not know one Arsenal fan that is not in agreement with Bellerin.

Besides, the same idiotas who are quick to come on their poxy TV to insult players, club and Manager are now showing themselves up. They cannot even take criticism but are quick to dish it. Well, they can go to blazes and burn to ashes.

According to a survey, the majority of people who watch that crap are not Arsenal fans. In effect, it is material for other fans to take the piss out of we Gooners.

Let's be clear, AFTV is not an opportunity for fans to speak their mind but rather a closed circle of cringe-worthy, attention-seeking cretins who use it as a platform to get their 15mins of fame. An utter embarrassment.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Thunder wrote:
bepanda wrote:Hector up close and personal.
He responds to you all who bash him all the time. And goes negative on CE and Arsenalfantv.

[/video]
Quite an impressive young man. He’s got a point about some fans, tho. Even amongst us here, there are those who reveled on Arsenal’s failure just to prove they’re right.
Lets be real here,he has been poor for more than a year,i dont blame him because the club never put in competition in his spot.So he should zip up when fans point out about poor result.This same fans have shrine him when play well.
I dont think any fans here want to see Arsenal failed,when one dont see reason to believe the team can compete and some know it all attack them then later the know it all blame it on injuries,poor officiating,or some players but excuse the man incharge.
I know fans here that have state under Wenger we cant win the CL or EPL ,they have said this 7 years ago and we have never even compete talkless of win it.I dont think they are glad to be right but they saw it and its sad but truth
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bepanda wrote:Arsenal fans responding to Bellerin !!!
Never seen a guy so mad !!! Let's be honest, we all watch the game on TV. Some of these Arsenal fans pay lots of $$$ to go watch the games.
Don't they have the right to be angry?
[/video]
Bellerin should do his job as he is getting paid well by the fans who pay their money to support the club.
Wenger was hail some time as the real deal,when things go south same fans have ask for him to depart the scene.You dont expect people who paid their money follow the club from all kind weather not to have a say.
Some know it all are just season ticket holders in home games,cant go away games yet they expect the fans to be happy with poor performance .3 win all season away and what does this fans that go away game get?
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

AFTV = Disruptive Technology.

Disruptive innovations tend to be produced by outsiders and entrepreneurs, rather than existing market-leading companies. AFTV is changing the the media landscape and Belerin has just provided this new form of media innovation with free publicity and more content. AFTV provides its audience with immediate contents, directly from the the events and from the fans. I am just proud that skilled black people have identified this gap in media production and taken ownership of these new media opportunities. As a technologist and football fan, I will say kudos to AFTV and other fan TVs ....I am a supporter of this new trend in media presentation.
Last edited by realtrouble on Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
emekonia
Egg
Egg

Post by emekonia »

Waffiman wrote:What Arsenal fans are angry? The ones that are angry are the ones Bellerin spoke the truth about. I do not know one Arsenal fan that is not in agreement with Bellerin.

Besides, the same idiotas who are quick to come on their poxy TV to insult players, club and Manager are now showing themselves up. They cannot even take criticism but are quick to dish it. Well, they can go to blazes and burn to ashes.

According to a survey, the majority of people who watch that crap are not Arsenal fans. In effect, it is material for other fans to take the piss out of we Gooners.

Let's be clear, AFTV is not an opportunity for fans to speak their mind but rather a closed circle of cringe-worthy, attention-seeking cretins who use it as a platform to get their 15mins of fame. An utter embarrassment.
Can you be more specific with this survey please as I am quite curious. When was it done? Which people participated on the survey? I mean how are you sure those were truly Arsenal fans? Can we see the results of this survey?
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

emekonia wrote:
Waffiman wrote:What Arsenal fans are angry? The ones that are angry are the ones Bellerin spoke the truth about. I do not know one Arsenal fan that is not in agreement with Bellerin.

Can you be more specific with this survey please as I am quite curious. When was it done? Which people participated on the survey? I mean how are you sure those were truly Arsenal fans? Can we see the results of this survey?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

emekonia wrote:

Use Google. It is free. :idea:
emekonia
Egg
Egg

Post by emekonia »

Waffiman wrote:
emekonia wrote:

Use Google. It is free. :idea:
Well I thought it might be a good idea to support your reasoning. Some evidence and not just "mills & boon" would do it good.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

I watch ArsenalFanTv and I enjoy watching some commentaries there. I actually like Robbie and I see a high level of commitment, passion and neutrality in him. What I've seen is a platform he created to take advantage of Arsenal's huge online presence and potential, and it's paying off well for him so far.

I think the club has been notorious for their mafia-like stranglehold on their media activities without giving the fans (positive or negative) the opportunity to address the club and it's failings. Unfortunately, in this day and age, you just have to let fans or followers' voices be heard one way or the other, esp if the club is struggling to meet expectations.

Having said that, there are commentators on there, like DT that are clearly biased most of the time, and just make negative noises to get attention. Giving these people the forum to do this after every game makes ArsenalFanTv look like they are making money off of Arsenal's struggles. I've heard that DT dude say some cringe-worthy stuff that I felt like getting in there and challenging him.

Kelechi is pretty balanced and quite knowledgeable. I enjoy watching sometimes. That channel has come to stay though.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cally wrote:I watch ArsenalFanTv and I enjoy watching some commentaries there. I actually like Robbie and I see a high level of commitment, passion and neutrality in him. What I've seen is a platform he created to take advantage of Arsenal's huge online presence and potential, and it's paying off well for him so far.

I think the club has been notorious for their mafia-like stranglehold on their media activities without giving the fans (positive or negative) the opportunity to address the club and it's failings. Unfortunately, in this day and age, you just have to let fans or followers' voices be heard one way or the other, esp if the club is struggling to meet expectations.

Having said that, there are commentators on there, like DT that are clearly biased most of the time, and just make negative noises to get attention. Giving these people the forum to do this after every game makes ArsenalFanTv look like they are making money off of Arsenal's struggles. I've heard that DT dude say some cringe-worthy stuff that I felt like getting in there and challenging him.

Kelechi is pretty balanced and quite knowledgeable. I enjoy watching sometimes. That channel has come to stay though.
Thank you, Cally.

The Arsenal should focus performances, and ignore "negative fans".
I enjoy Arsenal FanTV, especially after we win. I enjoy Kelechi's songs and Iwobi-worship. I like how those "negative guys" Troop and DV, will be smiling from ear to ear after a great performance. I also like the Waffi clone there that always thinks everything is great. Bellerin should have said something to the effect of "we have passionate fans, some with strong opinions", and end it there.

I have said it before, whether you are a Closet Fan like Oloye and Cellular; Everything is Wonderful Fan like Waffi, Robbynice, Azuka, and Skylolo; Fight with Everybody Fan like Anikulapo, Fans of Arsenal Fans like you-know-who, Clueless Fan like Nkume :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: ; Shake-shake Fan like Kaijufu; or Reasonable Fans :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: like the rest of us, it is Arsenal For Life! We all bring our own values and diverse opinions, and it makes our annual thread one of the MOST INTERESTING here on the CE. We are ALL committed fans.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

At present, it is looking like Adidas to replace Puma.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

....and just when everyone thought AFC were getting they sh1t together :roll:
we have the 1diot's son coming over to do wetin :?
Liverpoop and spuds have pulled away from us and we all saw this several seasons ago, but some clones here with an extra chromosome
believe arsene has improved the team....smh
The total overhaul of the Arsenal management team is now coming together as Stan Kroenke’s son Josh has arrived at the Emirates to oversee the reorganisation. It is certain that Stan is going to hand over his empire to Josh at some point in the future so basically he is coming to make sure that his investment will stay secure in the eventual event of Arsene Wenger relinquishing his post.

Josh has already been appointed as president and governor of the family’s Denver Nuggets basketball team and Colorado Avalanche ice hockey team and is very experienced in high level sports management. It is being reported that he has come over to do a complete review of the clubs heirarchy, and to see how Ivan Gazidi and his new team members are preparing for the future. Raul Sanllehi has arrived as director of football relations. Sven Mislintat is the new head of recruitment, Huss Fahmy, contract negotiator, and Darren Burgess, who is head of high performance. All of these arrivals have appeared in the last eight months and they have to be seen to be improving the club.
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cally wrote:I watch ArsenalFanTv and I enjoy watching some commentaries there. I actually like Robbie and I see a high level of commitment, passion and neutrality in him. What I've seen is a platform he created to take advantage of Arsenal's huge online presence and potential, and it's paying off well for him so far.

Thank you, Cally.

The Arsenal should focus performances, and ignore "negative fans".
I enjoy Arsenal FanTV, especially after we win. I enjoy Kelechi's songs and Iwobi-worship. I like how those "negative guys" Troop and DV, will be smiling from ear to ear after a great performance. I also like the Waffi clone there that always thinks everything is great. Bellerin should have said something to the effect of "we have passionate fans, some with strong opinions", and end it there.

I have said it before, whether you are a Closet Fan like Oloye and Cellular; Everything is Wonderful Fan like Waffi, Robbynice, Azuka, and Skylolo; Fight with Everybody Fan like Anikulapo, Fans of Arsenal Fans like you-know-who, Clueless Fan like Nkume :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: ; Shake-shake Fan like Kaijufu; or Reasonable Fans :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: like the rest of us, it is Arsenal For Life! We all bring our own values and diverse opinions, and it makes our annual thread one of the MOST INTERESTING here on the CE. We are ALL committed fans.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Gooner1 wrote:
emekonia wrote:

bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Check this out: Listen to the Brother at the end !!!
[/video]
Bepanda
Gooner1 wrote:....and just when everyone thought AFC were getting they sh1t together :roll:
we have the 1diot's son coming over to do wetin :?
Liverpoop and spuds have pulled away from us and we all saw this several seasons ago, but some clones here with an extra chromosome
believe arsene has improved the team....smh
The total overhaul of the Arsenal management team is now coming together as Stan Kroenke’s son Josh has arrived at the Emirates to oversee the reorganisation. It is certain that Stan is going to hand over his empire to Josh at some point in the future so basically he is coming to make sure that his investment will stay secure in the eventual event of Arsene Wenger relinquishing his post.

Josh has already been appointed as president and governor of the family’s Denver Nuggets basketball team and Colorado Avalanche ice hockey team and is very experienced in high level sports management. It is being reported that he has come over to do a complete review of the clubs heirarchy, and to see how Ivan Gazidi and his new team members are preparing for the future. Raul Sanllehi has arrived as director of football relations. Sven Mislintat is the new head of recruitment, Huss Fahmy, contract negotiator, and Darren Burgess, who is head of high performance. All of these arrivals have appeared in the last eight months and they have to be seen to be improving the club.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

kajifu wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
emekonia wrote:

danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Hmmmm looks like it’s Bravo on sunday ... ok ohhhh :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
emekonia wrote:

yeye....u dey craze :laugh: :laugh: