The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by tolahs »

Real Madrid losing to Bilbao right now doesn't help our cause - it means Real_Sociedad vs Ath_Madrid - 6:30pm Thursday 4/19 isn't a must win. We needed a somewhat jaded Ath_M going into Sunday's match vs Betis...Real M have tied..we need a win.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Matt Law:
This is expected to be Wenger’s final season in charge at the Emirates, even if Arsenal win the Europa League and qualify for the Champions League.

Sanllehi(Enrique)

Mislintat(Tedesco & Nagelsmann)

Gazidis:Rodgers, Arteta & Jardim

Arsenal ideally want a younger man to replace 68-year-old Wenger and Sanllehi, Mislintat and Gazidis will all work together to try to find common ground on exactly who should make their shortlist...But that will not be an easy job with each man favouring different candidates and working to their own agendas...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... ne-wenger/
-------------------------------------------------------------

I've heard & read too much to be convinced of anything. But i ain't liking the line about "working to their own agendas"
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Unfair - Giroud left for playing time - not much as changed - still super sub.
AW looks away when speedy wingers are on the market but wants to play Auba wide - we don't have a midfield with the hardworking
ethics to play both upfront - you bet Diego Simeone will partner those 2 upfront if he'd them cos the rest of the team can stay compact.
Kai! See cheap weed. Looked away where? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Until last summer he had Welbeck, Theo, Oxlade and Sanchez who are all quick to extremely fast. He has had to sell 3 of those buying players in more urgent positions that were available. He even tried to sign Malcolm if rumours are true.

So who are these wingers. He looked away from? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AW prefers to use playmakers with a bit of pace wide instead of real wingers. Oxlade hardly plays as a winger @liverpool, Theo was always below grade - are we really going to harp on about a winger with no trick. Welbeck is a limited striker with decent pace wasted out wide.
Auba at his age will not want to hang out wide - he already did that - good gaffers look for ways to make that work but your boss like a communist wants to start every disgruntled player.....Nelson & Iwobi wide with Auba & Laca as a front 2 was an option, ANM & Sead as WBs in a 3-4-1-2 with those two as the front 2 was another option .
Whilst you act like you're a fervent supporter of AW, your every utterance & action reveals a cultist devotion to everything AW - you've picked him over Arsenal - when you get delivered, you'll be welcome to the fold,.

Alexis - "I think the position Arsenal are using him as a striker, in front, it is perfect for him," he said last season. "In Barcelona maybe I didn't help him too much because he played wide. He can do that but he is better between the lines, closer to the goal."
Pep plus the man's unwillingness to track back & defend.
When has AW gone after a Aryen Robben type? I am not impressed with Malcolm.
I see you have failed to mention these fast wingers/players Wenger look away from. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wenger's great teams have always had the balance of the pacy runner and the wide play maker. He currently has no balance with Welbeck being the only runner from wide position. From his first teams at Arsenal there was always that balance. But Arsenal real lack of pace right now is in central midfield. This flaw has more to do with defence esp on the counter attack. This needs to be rectified in the summer.

Oxlade played the most games wide right for Arsenal. He also did best out there nevertheless. But he was too young and inconsistent.

Stop mentioning Nelson, he is not ready. We all saw how much of a pub he is when we played Southampton.
It's more than looking away from - it's not going in to buy them when available. We now know from a scout - we passed on a young Willian. I thought we should've tried for Douglas Costa b4 Bayern. Pires & Freddie were central players mainly creative types b4 Arsenal - it was a different league then. AW feels some kinda way about real wingers.

Last bonafide winger - Marc Overmars - it's more than just the pace - the winger's instinct of when to go wide vs come narrow etc but they've gotta have a few tricks too. Theo's moves as timely as they look could be nullified by close marking - he ends up at moments like that to get the ball stuck b/w his feet or run too fast for the ball He's a 4-4-2 player, small striker supporting the bigman.
Ox needed a structure he trusted - but AW pushed dude to WB dropping Hector cos this gaffer can't seem to bench who needs benching. A winger w/o tricks cannot be one of the out balls...

Guardiolismo's use of Silva & KDB compared to Wengerisma's use of Henrikh & Mesut is instructive - might affect Ramsey but
Ndidi-type sitting & breaking things up with the odd foray up front gives a better & speedier central MF.2 destructive wingers (Robben & Ribery)(lite) truly expands the pitch with our FBs killing.
Our waste of creative players out wide having to go against top FBs is best described in an article you're well familiar with - We need to adapt.
---------------------------------
"Guardiola's use of Silva and De Bruyne is revolutionising English football...It's worth remembering that David Silva and Kevin De Bruyne were both considered, before Guardiola's arrival, natural No. 10s. Silva was perfectly capable of drifting inside from a wider position, and De Bruyne's energy and crossing ability means he could play wide right too...Arsenal also serve as a useful comparison for accommodating creative No. 10s.....Wenger has tried to use them together in a 4-2-3-1, but also in a 4-3-3 -- the same system City use. But at Tottenham, Wenger fielded Ozil and Mkhitaryan in the two wide roles. That's fair enough, they're the logical positions to use them in -- maybe the only positions he could use him in. But make no mistake: De Bruyne is no more of a central midfielder than Mkhitaryan, Silva no more so than Ozil. All four players are No. 10s. But whereas Wenger shoved his two out wide, Guardiola has dragged them deeper to provide creativity from deep."

espn.com/soccer/english-carabao-cup/0/blog/post/3395051/guardiolas-use-of-silva-and-de-bruyne-is-revolutionising-english-football
--------------------
We all see what Ox's pace has done to what was for a longtime a below average Liverpool MF - he can run at the teeth of the oppo's defense & can attack from either wing when oppo's FB's not in position.
We seem to wanna accommodate players hence pick very unbalanced sides - Iwobi's best playing in the hole off a striker. but we play him wide resulting in him trying to force things.
-----------------------------------------------------
Wenger: Wilshere best in deeper role....12 Nov, 2013
ESPN staff...."His best position is as a deep-lying midfielder, where he can be a distributor," he said. "He has a good burst and vision"
http://www.espn.in/football/news/story/ ... midfielder
-----------------------------
But in buying Xhaka, he ends up playing both often to the detriment of the team - we as fan compared a young Jack to Xavi but now in Milan & CSKA away he was badly exposed - he lacks the speed & mobility for that shift.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Atletico charging Arsenal fans £79
Arsenal charging Atletico fans £37.

Yeye, dey smell. :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

Arsenal have stepped in and are now paying the difference. Club not taking it out on AM fans. Well played. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Waffiman wrote:Atletico charging Arsenal fans £79
Arsenal charging Atletico fans £37.

Yeye, dey smell. :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

Arsenal have stepped in and are now paying the difference. Club not taking it out on AM fans. Well played. :clap: :clap: :clap:

lol..dem dey show say no be only us sabi make money ..no blame dem ..for this we must waya dem nonsense
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Athletico just got spanked by Real Sociedad - they looked really jaded - they've to play Betis on Sunday.......hope you guys had the odd peek. Januzaj(don't know if he's still with ManU) looked special in the 1st half. catch the highlights if you can.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Re: Atlético ticket prices...pot calling kettle Emile Heskey.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Coach wrote:Re: Atlético ticket prices...pot calling kettle Emile Heskey.
That is a @#$&+*$* statement.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Nku, one need only look at inflation rate is ST prices at the height of recession, comparing that with the national inflation rate over the same time. Beloved has been charging like a bull with a red rag dangled before it. If Atlético want to charge a grand a pop, let them do it. The Europa league was the shame and disgrace of United last season and Tottenham’s channel 5 Thursdays was a well worn rib tickler...the tickets should be heavily subsidised, if not free of charge, an apologetic stance for the “we will be strong”; culminating in a 30+ points deficit. Big Emile indeed.

Nevertheless, Beloved takes it 4-3 over two legs. Ramsey brace in the final. Championes, championes, olé, olé, olé!!!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

WENGER TO LEAVE @ THE END OF THE SEASON......hey Wenger, make sure you take the slow learners with you :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Gooner1 wrote:WENGER TO LEAVE @ THE END OF THE SEASON......hey Wenger, make sure you take the slow learners with you :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Someone should check up on Waffib. Take all sharp objects away from him... #SuicideWatch
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

theYemster wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:WENGER TO LEAVE @ THE END OF THE SEASON......hey Wenger, make sure you take the slow learners with you :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Someone should check up on Waffib. Take all sharp objects away from him... #SuicideWatch
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
another mans trash is another mans treasure
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I said to Waffi the end is near....he screamed ...NEVER! I guess that is why they say never say never
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Much as i am now tempted to dust up my membership card and return to the fold,unfortunately i have gotten used to enjoying the misery which Wenger subjected this club to! Like Arsenal fansTV, the misery of this club has become a welcome relief!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

oloye wrote:I said to Waffi the end is near....he screamed ...NEVER! I guess that is why they say never say never
all the google spreadsheets, with Opta data pumped in then continuously, and he still didn't see common sense :oops:

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Alas, there goes my football hero.

Arsenal became a loved and respected club by neutrals and even some detractors because of Arsene Wenger and the values he personified; beautiful football, class, honesty, loyalty and consistency.

He transformed AFC into a modern colossus and his imprint will remain on English and World football for ages.

Au revoir Arsene. Thanks for the wonderful memories.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

oloye wrote:I said to Waffi the end is near....he screamed ...NEVER! I guess that is why they say never say never
Do not embellish things. You are bigger than this my man. I never said NEVER! One thing we all know in football is you never say never.

Indeed, it is well documented here, I said Wenger will know when it is time to leave because he is not a f00l.

We all knew Wenger was coming to the end of his time at Arsenal, it has never been a question of if but when.

Now he is leaving, my weight and support will be with the next man at the Emirates.

Wenger has exemplified dignity, integrity and class till the end. That's why he is a hero of mine. I met him a few times, had chats with him and grew a deep respect and admiration for the man. I make no apologies for my position on the man because I know I am right.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Waffiman wrote:Alas, there goes my football hero.

Arsenal became a loved and respected club by neutrals and even some detractors because of Arsene Wenger and the values he personified; beautiful football, class, honesty, loyalty and consistency.

He transformed AFC into a modern colossus and his imprint will remain on English and World football for ages.

Au revoir Arsene. Thanks for the wonderful memories.
:clap: :thumbs: :atc: :atc: :atc:
The end of an era.

Thank you Arsene Wenger for all you have done
and achieved. We will NEVER forget you.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cheiiii Cheiii this actually hit me like a ton of bricks.

Love the man but it’s so obvious that it was time to go but it’s just shocking that it’s happening.

Where does this club go from here ???? :scared:

Hopefully the new coach takes one look at Xhacrap and Ozil and sweeps them out the door ASAP :thumb: :thumb:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Arsène Wenger: "To all the Arsenal lovers, take care of the values of the club. My love & support forever."
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

He will come and deny it. He was laughing at me last season when Wenger re-upped his contract despite all the Wenger out protests. I told him the team will continue to deteriorate and it would end this way for Wenger. He never completed that contact.

I feel no pity for Wenger. He could've left as a legend after the FA cup victory over Hull City but...
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Arsene Wenger thank you for everything.

I am glad you came, but also glad you are leaving.

I will not forget the invincibles, I will not forget your beautiful football.

Thank you Arsene, you are a legend.

but Arsenal would never return to its rightful place with your presence, those that follow you will hopefully return the club to the great heights that you once reached.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT