The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by anikulapo »

We can talk and talk and talk but it’s clear as day that Arsenal Football list it’s way when David Dein was forced out. It was the worst mistake of Wengers career as he could have said, If David walks, I walk!

But his ego and self belief got in his way and he felt he could run this massive ship on his own ...Well ....
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:We can talk and talk and talk but it’s clear as day that Arsenal Football list it’s way when David Dein was forced out. It was the worst mistake of Wengers career as he could have said, If David walks, I walk!

But his ego and self belief got in his way and he felt he could run this massive ship on his own ...Well ....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guess who pleaded with him to stay. Yes. It is the same David Dein. He has said this many times. Google it. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:We can talk and talk and talk but it’s clear as day that Arsenal Football list it’s way when David Dein was forced out. It was the worst mistake of Wengers career as he could have said, If David walks, I walk!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Well he wanted to be in charge of everything forget the great part Dein play.
Well wishing him good luck after Arsenal
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:

Guess who pleaded with him to stay. Yes. It is the same David Dein. He has said this many times. Google it. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Again you miss the point but then again it takes you longer than most to gerrit :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

If he wanted Dein to stay he would have still been there :idea:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Gooner1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:One of the best advice I was given is you cannot reason with stupidity. You just allow them. So I try to avoid discourse with these people at all times. You just watch these people moan at next manager once he loses half a dozen games.
get over yourself.......the reality of the situation is afc are behind the rebuilding process by 10 yrs. wenger should have gone much earlier,
the next couple of seasons will be a rebuilding process....the likes of you will be moaning for wenger....move on, it's not that important...if u don't like it, follow the club he will coach next....we are the arsenal :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Mzekezeke wrote:I hope some of these so called Arsenal supporters follow their God Arsene Wenger out the door. Good riddance.
We will push them out like we push their God,we are Arsenal FC not Arsene FC.They can stick it where the sun dont shine.
We will take their season ticket that they have enjoy because of their connection with Wenger. :tic: :lol:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Again you miss the point but then again it takes you longer than most to gerrit :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Are you serious? It is clear you do not have an idea of the fight between the late Danny and David. BTW! I was with Danny cos he made the best decisions for Arsenal. But hated the way they treated David.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

I will start watching Waffi now....will he follow Wenger to Tottenham? The man already used style say that he's from Tottenham, and he cuts his hair there....
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:I will start watching Waffi now....will he follow Wenger to Tottenham? The man already used style say that he's from Tottenham, and he cuts his hair there....
Give Waffi a break.
There is nothing wrong in having a stoic belief. And let nobody make any mistakes about it, Arsene did what nobody has done for Arsenal.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

kajifu wrote:Jesus at one point i though something hit Wenger....
Thank you for the memories you did your best but you over stay.Hope you get a national team job if you still want to be in the game as coach or get the PSG job as Oga Plat once said years ago get that and win CL since those Parisian has money to spend.
Respect once more boss, Arsenal make you more popular and rich without answering to no one with little accountability.

Now to those who put him before the club i hope you follow him to his new club and stick it where the sun doesnt shine but i will wait till he finally leave as i fear he might finish his contract.The board are not to be trusted.
Kajifu,
You are coming across as classless. Even Jose Mourinho has only positive things to say about Wenger at this period.
I know you are angry with Waffi but please pay due respect to the great man who the footballing world has acknowledged as a legend on and off the pitch.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:I will start watching Waffi now....will he follow Wenger to Tottenham? The man already used style say that he's from Tottenham, and he cuts his hair there....
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bouncino wrote:
Give Waffi a break.
There is nothing wrong in having a stoic belief. And let nobody make any mistakes about it, Arsene did what nobody has done for Arsenal.
You watch. They will be singing and praising the man in that stadium today. Like I said many times here, Wenger will carried shoulder high like the hero he is out of the house he built by the fans in that stadium. Do not forget the majority stuck with the man till his decision. The next few homes games will all about the man and his true legacy.

I am going to enjoy it all cos I know this is the end of an era that was historic and game changing. I am just grateful to God he gave me the opportunity to witness it in person from the beginning and hopefully to the end.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Apparently, papers are reporting that the board wanted him gone a month ago.......leave and we'll pay you up, or have your contract terminated......
wherever he goes, best of luck to him....right now afc are in a clean out phase......Kronekes are next...
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/20 ... ne-wenger/

A Note from the Editor – Arsène Wenger

Such has been the ding-dong drama played out in the British tabloids for the last half-decade over Arsène Wenger’s future that many had become desensitised from believing that this day would come, what this day would feel like for lovers of French football, English football and most of all Arsenal.

The truth is that several generations of football fans, whether Arsenal supporters from 1996, Monaco supporters from 1987 or admirers of his generally attacking and exciting brand of football, fell in love with the game thanks to Arsène Wenger.

For 22 years in England, Wenger, regardless of his flaws, has stood on a pedestal in certain respects over every single manager that he watched come to the Premier League and that he subsequently outlived in the Premier League, because of the uniquely generous, respectful and moral outlook that he brought to his job.

From refusing to work with certain top agents because of what he saw as their skewed moral compasses, to categorically avoiding to ever throw a player under contract at Arsenal under the bus at any point, no matter how poor the performances were collectively or their performances were individually.

From Vieira to Henry, from Wright to Rosicky and from Adams to Oxlade-Chamberlain – certain players may have disagreed with Wenger’s methods, but they could never deny the fact that the Frenchman gave them ample opportunity to improve both as a footballer and a man under his stewardship.

On the other side of the Channel, Wenger has consistently been the standard-bearer for the values that members of the French football community want to emulate and foster in its next generations of talent – hard-work, desire and dedication on the pitch and a healthy and uncontroversial life off of it.

Wenger changed English football forever, left an indelible mark on the Premier League with the Invincibles season and has become and will forever remain one of the greatest football men that France has ever produced.

Everyone at Get French Football News wishes him well in whatever he decides to do next.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Gooner1 wrote:Apparently, papers are reporting that the board wanted him gone a month ago.......leave and we'll pay you up, or have your contract terminated......
wherever he goes, best of luck to him....right now afc are in a clean out phase......Kronekes are next...
If true, it's sad it had to come to this. It really didn't have to end this way.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bouncino wrote:
kajifu wrote:Jesus at one point i though something hit Wenger....
Thank you for the memories you did your best but you over stay.Hope you get a national team job if you still want to be in the game as coach or get the PSG job as Oga Plat once said years ago get that and win CL since those Parisian has money to spend.
Respect once more boss, Arsenal make you more popular and rich without answering to no one with little accountability.

Now to those who put him before the club i hope you follow him to his new club and stick it where the sun doesnt shine but i will wait till he finally leave as i fear he might finish his contract.The board are not to be trusted.
Kajifu,
You are coming across as classless. Even Jose Mourinho has only positive things to say about Wenger at this period.
I know you are angry with Waffi but please pay due respect to the great man who the footballing world has acknowledged as a legend on and off the pitch.
Bro if the is one man who respect Wenger as a legend is me.I name my cousin son in 2002 after this man and my family start follow Arsenal and in 2004 we went unbeaten and my second cousin who gave birth name hee son Thiery,so don't tell me about classless, I have respect him in my post but there is nothing wrong with what I said.Some people acting like he leaving is the end of the world. Some people are praying Arsenal never win anything because Wenger has been push out .I wanted Him to leave after back to back FA CUP but he over stay .I want him never to finish outside top 4 but he has allow that now for 2 straight season somethi f we can't hold the new coach for.
Bro no vex it's so fun and I am not or never angry with faceless people.Why Wil I be angry with anyone because of Arsenal?
Do you think if am in front of Wenger I will not pay my respect and move on?
Do you think I care what Jose said about him good or bad?I never like Jose because of how he treat Wenger.I want Wenger out but never ever disrespect him.But let's not act like he was working for free and has been badly treated. Wenger make Arsenal a big brand and Arsenal make Wenger more popular and respected in the game.That is facts.
I have friends who want Arsenal to failed because Wenger is leaving and I told them the club is bigger than any one person even the owner.
But carry go if you find my post negative about Wenger, go read all my post since Wenger said he is leaving and you will see I have respect him.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bouncino wrote:
Give Waffi a break.
I hope you know chief is joking and no need to take it personal like he doesn't know what Wenger has done for the club
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

theYemster wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:Apparently, papers are reporting that the board wanted him gone a month ago.......leave and we'll pay you up, or have your contract terminated......
If true, it's sad it had to come to this. It really didn't have to end this way.
Honestly as sad as it is that was the only way to get him leave the club.Wenger never believe he is out of touch .He still believe he can win the epl and cl.Also he was expecting to finish his contract.I am glad they respect him and give him this option ,it will have been more sad they just fired him and make a statement.
I think it's up to the players now to go ahead and fight to give him a good bye with Europa. Our current results in the league sure push this board to act this way.Now we pray we get a decent manager.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Arsene Wenger a legend.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

bouncino wrote:
Give Waffi a break.

Nah, nothing to do with Wenger....yabbing Waffiman who is a Warri-Tottenham indigene. :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Are you serious? It is clear you do not have an idea of the fight between the late Danny and David. BTW! I was with Danny cos he made the best decisions for Arsenal. But hated the way they treated David.

Sometimes I wonder if you are really this slow or really pretend to be this way .

Okay I will make it very easy for you:

If Wenger insisted, would Dein have been been retained at Arsenal, YES OR NO?

If he had demanded that he return after a few years would he have been brought back: YES OR NO?

Oya be quiet :mrgreen:

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

I am supporting an Arsenal great! The BIG OG for another FA cup.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

So much of what one keeps reading on this thread exposes how deep gossip mags & reality TV has affected the typical sports fan. The how & why of how AW got to choose the exit is irrelevant to where we heading towards. The need to hold that dialogue as many seen to be doing here is dogmatic & crass. It's false pride about zilch - i repeat the caliber of gaffer we're expecting to take over now vs B4 AW is like Tiger Cub Economies becoming a G7 nation in 22yrs......
On to the football - OMG - Arsenal: that long ball over the top - even ManC scored against us from that - too susceptible to conceding goals on those - can see long balls used to put Griezmann in space against a vulnerable & shaky backline. It convinces me further that we need 3 @the back.
Our counterattacks end up too frequently slowed down to be a pass back cos we don't release a quickball, plus we stop every incoming ball b4 passing - both ponderous & telegraphed. We're also very reluctant to shoot the ball.
With today's match, it was glaringly obvious that both Iwobi & Welbeck don't have winger's instincts - I am less guarded about playing Ainsley Maitland-Niles & Reiss Nelson ahead of Iwobi as a wide player especially in an emotionally charged home game....more so if we aren't playing a 3-4-3 formation...either of those 2kids pose more of a threat if you're looking for that out ball in a counter move.
I hear Elneny's just a rolled ankle & will be a short out - get him treated & prepared for 2nd leg Europa - same with Henrikh.

Don't forget to watch Athletico Madrid vs Real Betis 19:45 -

My starting 11 for Thurs:

David Ospina
Chambers Koscielny Monreal
Bellerin Ramsey Xhaka Sead
Ozil
Welbeck Lacazette

Danny & Laca close together in a 2 will be more of a threat than Laca being a lone striker vs that experienced backline.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.