The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Coach »

Surely it was the, meaningless minority of Wemger Outs who forced the great man to down the gavel and step away from the table like SAMCRO’s Clay Morrow. What of the voice of the majority? For twas told in these pages that True Goons sang jubilate deo in the bars before the games. Why would Wenger listen to the whispers of the few, dismissing the bellows of the many? For such reasons, to suggest the fans played any part in this is ludicrous.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote:All sorts of stories out there about Wenger being pushed or not being pushed. But Wenger himself alluded to the fans and divisions within as one reason.

Personally, I do not think the split is amiable or planned for now, and this is a view shared by almost every Gooner I spoke to today. Many feel he has been double crossed by the Board.

My WhatsApp groups are quite reliable on these things, one especially has been categoric certain Board members wanted Wenger gone last summer and this season. I posted it here a fews months back. The Owner stepped this season when they tried to remove Wenger, two of them offered their resignations then changed their minds.

Same person says recently, the Board, which now included the Owner's son, then put a proposition to the Owner with complaints about fans not turning up and fears for ST renewals. The Board got the Owners word that change will come if we are not in the CL. Wenger was informed by Galzidis and agreed to it, then slept over it, changed his mind and decided to resign thus throwing Galzidis and his plans in a complete mess. He then hastily called a press conference after Wenger's brief statement about his decision to resign.

Whatever it is, it is pointless now. Arsenal must move on and those left in charge must get it right. Arsenal do not have money for mistakes.

Wenger won silverware, the next man must match Wenger or else. From what I saw today, the fans are definitely not united, a man has to come in and start winning to unite the fans or else the civil war will get even more nasty.

One thing I now know is the Wenger haters will hate again. Just wait. It is in their DNA. I can see it already. I can now seat back and watch Galzidis, they are after him and he cannot afford any mistakes. The Emirates today, was nowhere near sweetness and niceness. Wenger was easily the most popular man there and the fans made this known. There were pockets of insults for Galzidis.

The Americans at Arsenal must now deliver and if they think they can do it without spending like the Americans at Liverpool have, expect things to get really foul at the Emirates. Mark my words.
I don't know why you keep saying all these disingenuous and flatly untrue things just because you love Wenger. You were the one that came here last summer after Wenger signed a new two year contract (despite finishing 5th) gloating that the Board caved in to his demands and that he finally has the freedom he wanted. Since then he was given money to buy Lacazette, Mikhi and Aubameyang, re-sign Özil, whilst getting rid of dead weights, so despite what individual members of the Board may think of him you can't claim they (and the fans) didn't back him. You can say he lost their support but saying they didn't back him is grossly unfair. Wenger was one of the most beloved and supported managers in the history of sports...until he wasn't.

Now he's underachieved and instead of holding him accountable you're here trying to reinvent history. The truth is Wenger can go on to actually win the champions league somewhere else...in fact I hope he does but honestly his time at Arsenal was up. When you've been at a job for so long sometimes both parties just need to take a step back and exhale. Even Moses didn't get to see the promised land despite doing all the heavy lifting leading the Israelites out of bondage in Egypt. Wenger's not the first coach to be relieved of his job and he definitely won't be the last. As they say there's only two kinds of coaches, those that have been fired and those that will be fired.

If Wenger is as good as you make him out to be he'll be just fine at his next gig. And if he's set up Arsenal's structure as solidly as you've been claiming then the next coach will do well...unless he's a complete nonce.
You sef dey like waste your time. Nothing you said registered. What you read is voltroning at its highest level. Pure unadulterated bullsheet...but its CE so some gullible people will digest it like food. Tufiakwa :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote:All sorts of stories out there about Wenger being pushed or not being pushed. But Wenger himself alluded to the fans and divisions within as one reason.

Personally, I do not think the split is amiable or planned for now, and this is a view shared by almost every Gooner I spoke to today. Many feel he has been double crossed by the Board.

My WhatsApp groups are quite reliable on these things, one especially has been categoric certain Board members wanted Wenger gone last summer and this season. I posted it here a fews months back. The Owner stepped this season when they tried to remove Wenger, two of them offered their resignations then changed their minds.

Same person says recently, the Board, which now included the Owner's son, then put a proposition to the Owner with complaints about fans not turning up and fears for ST renewals. The Board got the Owners word that change will come if we are not in the CL. Wenger was informed by Galzidis and agreed to it, then slept over it, changed his mind and decided to resign thus throwing Galzidis and his plans in a complete mess. He then hastily called a press conference after Wenger's brief statement about his decision to resign.

Whatever it is, it is pointless now. Arsenal must move on and those left in charge must get it right. Arsenal do not have money for mistakes.

Wenger won silverware, the next man must match Wenger or else. From what I saw today, the fans are definitely not united, a man has to come in and start winning to unite the fans or else the civil war will get even more nasty.

One thing I now know is the Wenger haters will hate again. Just wait. It is in their DNA. I can see it already. I can now seat back and watch Galzidis, they are after him and he cannot afford any mistakes. The Emirates today, was nowhere near sweetness and niceness. Wenger was easily the most popular man there and the fans made this known. There were pockets of insults for Galzidis.

The Americans at Arsenal must now deliver and if they think they can do it without spending like the Americans at Liverpool have, expect things to get really foul at the Emirates. Mark my words.
Waffi you crack me up....
All up until a few months ago you were telling anyone that cared that the MAJORITY OF ARSENAL
fans were behind wenger. You claimed that it was minority that were causing confusion and that they
were not to be tolerated @theemirates.
You underestimated the power of social media by insisting that, again it was only a few individuals
that were attention seekers with no power of influence at all on AFC matters
You brushed off the notion that fans were staying away from the emirates was not based on they
teams performance or inability to challenge for the epl

Now you are talking as if these conversations never took place, as if what you are saying is "current" or
"just breaking"
We don't have to have WhatsApp connectivity to know how this is all going to be played out.
It's not rocket science.......remember our conversation we had where I said that Usmanov will take over afc
and you scoffed? All this is playing into his hands.....just watch and learn because whatever you say here is at least a year old
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Gooner1 wrote:

All up until a few months ago you were telling anyone that cared that the MAJORITY OF ARSENAL
fans were behind wenger. You claimed that it was minority that were causing confusion and that they
You underestimated the power of social media by insisting that, again it was only a few individuals
You brushed off the notion that fans were staying away from the emirates was not based on they

Now you are talking as if these conversations never took place, as if what you are saying is "current" or
"just breaking"
We don't have to have WhatsApp connectivity to know how this is all going to be played out.
It's not rocket science.......remember our conversation we had where I said that Usmanov will take over afc
and you scoffed? All this is playing into his hands.....just watch and learn because whatever you say here is at least a year old
if social media mattered AW would have been sacked 4 seasons ago.

It has been clear the moment Stan kroenke decided AW was costing him momey would be the day the AW era ended at the Arsenal.

Stan gave AW one failure to qualify for CL mulligan, this season again saw no top 4 and now plenty of empty seats. Stan only cares about $$, if he cared about social media he would never have moved Rams from St.Louis to LA, or ligated families off their own land to gain more acres in order to complete his dream ranch in Texas.

Like Tony Soprano AW was Stan's best earner for over a decade, but now the envelopes are too light for Stan and AW has got to go.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Main issue remains an absentee majority shareholder, where as at most clubs individual in control of the cub has his pulse on the climate, has his pulse on the POV of everyone in and around the club Silent Stan is on his ranch in Texas. As discussed for years Arsenal waited for too long to put a structure in place for a post AW era, everyone was all good as long as AW locked down 4TH and those CL envelopes ready to deliver to Stan Kroenke come seasons end.

For years this club has known with AW and his POV on football operations winning the PL or CL was impossible, AW remit was CL footy ergo CL money, AW was cognizant of that fact as well. Welp as we all knew once CL qualification became precarious it was not if AW would be moved on but when.

There are no innocent parties, be it Kroenke, Gazidis, AW , the board, among the powers that be for years Arsenal has been on club where the "custodians" place their priorities first. A club where politicking has become the norm.

Unfortunately for AW he made a deal with the devil, when one is only retaining job because majority shareholder looks as you as best man to take care of his investment best believe sooner or later the devil is going to come calling when those envelopes become lighter and lighter.

Problem for Arsenal is now they must own their baggage, the lighting rod for all of Arsenal ills is gone come May. So for both Stan and Josh Kroenke, for Ivan there will be no place to run or hide. Hire wrong manager, piss poor summer windows, fall further behind PL rivals and unlike AW who built decades worth of goodwill equity the masses will be out to eviscerate you.

My advice to Stan and Josh a required PR move is massive sponsorship deal with Walmart which is owned by Stan's wife. We have seen how new PL wages rules where TV money irrelevant, that one can only raise wage expenditure via sponsorship has taken a toll on Arsenal. This is a huge issue among Gooners, it's only been ignored by press as AW has dominated the headlines. Welp after May that will no longer be the case, Walmart coud hand Arsenal a sponsorship deal in excess of 150 MP per year without batting an eye.

So if Stan still opts to play the "Self sufficient" card Arsenal had better win the PL and win it soon otherwise the masses will make the noise around AW job status seems like a sunday morning summer stroll.
Spot on. Like I said results will decide Wenger's faith. There is no Gooner I know that likes the Europa League. It is only now we are in the semi that the game has sold out and interest has developed cos we are one game step away from a final.

Let me just focus on revenue. The semi final will be the first time, a game is categorised as a class A game in the EL. Prior to that some of the games were even classed as Class C games. Even the Milan game was Class B. All CL games are classed as Class A games no matter the opposition, thus generating premium revenues. When you add the fact that my ST was reduced by over £200, you can then start to work out how much the club is losing in gate receipt revenue. In effect, Arsenal had to be back in the CL for next season.

Lack of CL football will also impact on new sponsorship deals and so on and so forth. This is the bottom line.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Wishing the boys good recovery ahead of AM.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:

"just breaking"
if social media mattered AW would have been sacked 4 seasons ago.

It has been clear the moment Stan kroenke decided AW was costing him momey would be the day the AW era ended at the Arsenal.

Stan gave AW one failure to qualify for CL mulligan, this season again saw no top 4 and now plenty of empty seats. Stan only cares about $$, if he cared about social media he would never have moved Rams from St.Louis to LA, or ligated families off their own land to gain more acres in order to complete his dream ranch in Texas.

Like Tony Soprano AW was Stan's best earner for over a decade, but now the envelopes are too light for Stan and AW has got to go.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The man is deluded if he thinks a crackpot like him behind a key board matters. If they had a thing to do with anything Wenger would have been long gone. Besides, he has only read what he wants. My briefings from the stadium have been spot on.

STs have to be renewed in May. The club's embargo or cap on ST prices also ends this April but no one will dare increase STs with Arsenal in the EL. This EL is huge for Galzidis and the Board. My ST is renewed no matter what.

But Galzidis is being smart with Vieira's appointment at least in the short term if the stories are true. They must now perform in the transfer window and Vieira, if he is the new Coach must get CL football if Wenger does not via the EL.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Nkume wrote:Wishing the boys good recovery ahead of AM.
Kpom Kwem! Anything else at this point is tales by moonlight. :thumbs:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Robbynice wrote:
That is the game. I go bite my finger nails finish for Emirates on Thursday.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Robbynice wrote:
The boys just need to win this Europa nothing else will be accepted.Wenger has help them play for one of the best club,some players without Wenger would never even be staying in a city like London,they better come correct or we the fans will go after them.We need send the boss in a high
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

theYemster wrote:

I don't know why you keep saying all these disingenuous and flatly untrue things just because you love Wenger. You were the one that came here last summer after Wenger signed a new two year contract (despite finishing 5th) gloating that the Board caved in to his demands and that he finally has the freedom he wanted. Since then he was given money to buy Lacazette, Mikhi and Aubameyang, re-sign Özil, whilst getting rid of dead weights, so despite what individual members of the Board may think of him you can't claim they (and the fans) didn't back him. You can say he lost their support but saying they didn't back him is grossly unfair. Wenger was one of the most beloved and supported managers in the history of sports...until he wasn't.

Now he's underachieved and instead of holding him accountable you're here trying to reinvent history. The truth is Wenger can go on to actually win the champions league somewhere else...in fact I hope he does but honestly his time at Arsenal was up. When you've been at a job for so long sometimes both parties just need to take a step back and exhale. Even Moses didn't get to see the promised land despite doing all the heavy lifting leading the Israelites out of bondage in Egypt. Wenger's not the first coach to be relieved of his job and he definitely won't be the last. As they say there's only two kinds of coaches, those that have been fired and those that will be fired.

If Wenger is as good as you make him out to be he'll be just fine at his next gig. And if he's set up Arsenal's structure as solidly as you've been claiming then the next coach will do well...unless he's a complete nonce.
Well said :clap: :clap:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

According to reports, Egypt assistant coach Mahmoud Fayez has spoken to Mohamed Elneny and says that the Arsenal midfielder will be out for 3 weeks.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Waffiman wrote:According to reports, Egypt assistant coach Mahmoud Fayez has spoken to Mohamed Elneny and says that the Arsenal midfielder will be out for 3 weeks.
:clap: :clap: :clap: Thank God its not worst as i fear.I will not wish any player injury that will make the player miss world cup.
Hopefully he even get well before 3weeks and future in Europa finals.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Waffiman wrote:According to reports, Egypt assistant coach Mahmoud Fayez has spoken to Mohamed Elneny and says that the Arsenal midfielder will be out for 3 weeks.
This is the best news here today. All the other banter na wash wash. make we support the team and move on forward with what we have ( which includes the current manager ) we can banter about the new one when he /she is appointed.

For now AM we are coming for ya !!
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Gunzilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Gunzilla »

100%Naija wrote:
theYemster wrote:

You sef dey like waste your time. Nothing you said registered. What you read is voltroning at its highest level. Pure unadulterated bullsheet...but its CE so some gullible people will digest it like food. Tufiakwa :rotf:
Nobody is digesting nothing...Loll...we've just learnt to ignore the bullshait being served ni.... :lol: :lol:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Gunzilla wrote:
100%Naija wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Nobody is digesting nothing...Loll...we've just learnt to ignore the bullshait being served ni.... :lol: :lol:
we have all agreed unanimously that nothing is ever AW's fault, nor responsibility. It's between the board that doesn't give him money (except his 10 mil/yr salary), the fans who don't support him, yeye CE members who post on social media but have never been to the Emirates nor do they have access to Whatsapp groups, and poor players like Sanchez, Fabregas, RvP, Ox, etc who demand to be sold, despite not being good enough. Poor Mr. Wenger.

Anyway, as Robbynice likes to say, wetin small pikin like me sabi? anybody can feel free to disagree, but they should go where the sun doesn't shine. :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Granit Xhaka was fantastic on Sunday. Just saying.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:Granit Xhaka was fantastic on Sunday. Just saying.

he was OK...just saying.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... ssion=true

David Dein delivers glowing tribute to Arsene Wenger -

"He will go down in history as the greatest Arsenal manager ever"

Former Gunners vice-chairman Dein, the man who brought Wenger to the club in 1996, says his legacy will last forever

David Dein has described Arsene Wenger as Arsenal’s greatest ever manager.

Former Arsenal vice-chairman Dein, the man who brought Wenger to the club in 1996, says his legacy will last forever and he has made his mark on English football.

Dein, in an interview with Sky Sports, said: “His legacy will be for global football. His style of play. The way he has conducted himself. His integrity. His honesty. The way he has handled players. What he has done for the club is immeasurable.

“He will go down in history as the greatest Arsenal manager ever. We've built a fantastic training ground, sensational stadium. It was back on the Invincible team on 2003/04 that we managed to get financing for the stadium.”

Dein believes it will be difficult for Wenger to stand down - but insists that he will be flooded with offers.

“It's going to be tough initially,” said Dein. “As I found myself, it's a way of life. He will feel that [unfinished business]. He's the first one at the club, the last one to leave. It will be difficult.

“It is rather like a bereavement and the various stages, the first one is denial and finally you get to acceptance and you move on. He has to have a good holiday and decide what he wants to do next.

“He's going to be 69 in October, but he keeps himself extraordinarily fit. He is the same weight as when I met him, 75 kilos. He keeps himself fit.

“He's got a very active mind, such a knowledge of the game. Over the last few years, he has been approached by some of the biggest clubs in the world, Real Madrid, Paris St-Germain, the national team wanted him at one stage.

“He will have no shortage of offers. I personally had calls from various people yesterday, saying, can I speak to him? He won't be short of offers from clubs. The question is will he want to do it anymore. It's getting more and more difficult. It's a bit of a pressure cooker.”

Dein admits that he thinks Wenger’s decision to go “has been coming” and admitted that the Frenchman thought long and hard about going last summer.

Dein added: “It's been coming. At the end of last season I was discussing with him, 'Arsene, what do you want to do?' Are you going to stay? Are you going to leave? He was a bit undecided.

“In the end, I said, 'Arsene, do you know what your problem is? He said, 'What's that?' I said, 'You love the club too much.' He's so attached to it. So loyal, so dedicated. He felt responsible for the players coming through.

"That was an option for him, undoubtedly. I was weighing up, 'If you leave now, this is the situation. If you go on, you roll the dice another year or two, what's going to happen?

“He made his own mind up and decided to stay. I felt the last couple of weeks, it has been getting more difficult for him, particularly with the team results. I though that, on a personal level, it was unlikely that he was going to stay after the end of the season.’"

Very interesting. Aniks, your man has spoken.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Waffiman wrote:
Cellular wrote:Reading the posts about Wenger being asked to leave/fired just shows me and many people are not cut out for management.

You see a trend and you hold out hope that the trend will change... Arsene Wenger jumped the shark many moons ago... and if not for the boat load of cash the board should have done something about it a long time ago.

Do Arsenal and its fans consider themselves an Elite club?

Why then do some fans insist on holding on to a coach whose best days are past him?

Had they made the change earlier they would have been in the running to land top innovative coaches like Klopp or Guardiola...

This is a chance to reset a club that was on the decline. This change brings hope back to the fans and will also breath fresh air and blood to the players.

Thank him for what he was handsomely compensated for and move on.

Coaching is not a tenured position.
Would they give this coach the money Pep has at City? As for Klopp, he too has had £175m of their American Owners money. If only our Owners gave us such luxuries.

The idea that Wenger and Wenger alone has been the problem at Arsenal is ridiculous and unrealistic. This has been my issue here for ages now.

Once again this season like it has been for almost every season since Roman Abramovich brought big money into the game. The richest clubs in all the major European league's are winning the league or getting to the latter stages of the CL. This is fact. You spend big, you have a better chance of winning.

Wenger is going now, I want to see the miracles this next coach will deliver with Wenger's budget.

I do not know what you mean by an elite club but you lot just bandy words that mean nothing to your average fan.

If elite club means money to spend like City, Madrid, PSG, ManU etc etc. Then Arsenal are not an elite club.

If elite club means support base and success, Arsenal are definitely in the Elite of the English game.

But All this elite this or that means jack to me and to many like me. We don't care whether we are seen as elite or not, we just want to win matches, get back in the CL and win silverware.

Today, I went to watch my team play very well in glorious London sunshine, but it is more than that. It is also a social occasion, a meeting of old friends, drinks food etc etc. It is football, it is living and it is a part of one's life. So long as the next coach gives me anything close to what Wenger gave me, I am happy. Wenger was unique, I do not expect anyone to be as good again in my life time. I have moved on because nothing must compromise my football life.
Warned you then but you refused to listen. You said trophies are not for sale. You said players will only play for Wenger so money is not an issue. You promised that FFP will ensure that the rich clubs go under etc. You misled Wenger!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

wanaj0 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cellular wrote:Reading the posts about Wenger being asked to leave/fired just shows me and many people are not cut out for management.

You see a trend and you hold out hope that the trend will change... Arsene Wenger jumped the shark many moons ago... and if not for the boat load of cash the board should have done something about it a long time ago.

Why then do some fans insist on holding on to a coach whose best days are past him?

Had they made the change earlier they would have been in the running to land top innovative coaches like Klopp or Guardiola...

This is a chance to reset a club that was on the decline. This change brings hope back to the fans and will also breath fresh air and blood to the players.

Would they give this coach the money Pep has at City? As for Klopp, he too has had £175m of their American Owners money. If only our Owners gave us such luxuries.

The idea that Wenger and Wenger alone has been the problem at Arsenal is ridiculous and unrealistic. This has been my issue here for ages now.

Once again this season like it has been for almost every season since Roman Abramovich brought big money into the game. The richest clubs in all the major European league's are winning the league or getting to the latter stages of the CL. This is fact. You spend big, you have a better chance of winning.

Wenger is going now, I want to see the miracles this next coach will deliver with Wenger's budget.

I do not know what you mean by an elite club but you lot just bandy words that mean nothing to your average fan.

If elite club means money to spend like City, Madrid, PSG, ManU etc etc. Then Arsenal are not an elite club.

If elite club means support base and success, Arsenal are definitely in the Elite of the English game.

But All this elite this or that means jack to me and to many like me. We don't care whether we are seen as elite or not, we just want to win matches, get back in the CL and win silverware.

Today, I went to watch my team play very well in glorious London sunshine, but it is more than that. It is also a social occasion, a meeting of old friends, drinks food etc etc. It is football, it is living and it is a part of one's life. So long as the next coach gives me anything close to what Wenger gave me, I am happy. Wenger was unique, I do not expect anyone to be as good again in my life time. I have moved on because nothing must compromise my football life.
Warned you then but you refused to listen. You said trophies are not for sale. You said players will only play for Wenger so money is not an issue. You promised that FFP will ensure that the rich clubs go under etc. You misled Wenger!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The failure of FFP was the real killer of Arsenal's model.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Mahrez, 400K Ugandan Shillings, about the same amount Amaury Bischoff made through Arsenal’s benefits scheme. FFP indeed.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Waffiman wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The failure of FFP was the real killer of Arsenal's model.
It's more Ajax's model than Arsenal's, and Ajax is now a has-been poxy club. That should've told Wenger this model was dead on arrival.

Keep blaming everything and everyone except the main culprit. I'm sure you'd blame the ekpa seller at the end of my street before you'd think of holding Wenger accountable.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯