The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bepanda
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by bepanda »

Thierry Henry ... the new name floated as serious coaching candidate. I can't believe Arteta could have gotten a free pass.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Wenger, Walcott, Giroud, Gibbs, Chamberlain, Coquelin, Mertesacker, Cazorla and possibly even Wilshere and Rzmsey all departing for different reasons within the space of twelve months. It really is the end of an era at Arsenal.

I know it does not look it right now, but Arsenal have brought in slme very talented people in the last 2 years in all positions at the club. People like Wrigglesworth, Milistant, Famy and Sanhelli are proven winners. The fitness and medical team have all worked at the best places with the best reputations. When I look at all of these pluses, even though I expected just a bit more with regards to the next man, I have to say, I will be foolish to discount Arteta. A new system is now in place, I will be giving it every chance to succeed. We have some very good young players coming through, so who knows?

I am optimistic and hopeful all these changes will be moving us onto bigger and better things.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Santi wants to play, he does not want a coaching role. Rumour is he will be off. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Santi oh Santi, one of my favorites of all time. I'll miss him greatly. I wish him the very best.
My brother, how can we forget his free kick in that Cup final? It started Arsenal revival and we went on to win 2 more. His loss cost Wenger his job. A fit Santi and we win the league, the year Leicester won it.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Hope these guys running the club know that Ralph Hasenhüttl has ended his contract prematurely with RB ? I will take him over Arteta, Henry and even Allegri....just saying o
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Lucas P scored today as Coruna gets relegated..
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Santi wants to play, he does not want a coaching role. Rumour is he will be off. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Santi oh Santi, one of my favorites of all time. I'll miss him greatly. I wish him the very best.
My brother, how can we forget his free kick in that Cup final? It started Arsenal revival and we went on to win 2 more. His loss cost Wenger his job. A fit Santi and we win the league, the year Leicester won it.

See this joker .... one day when I will have time we will revisit your drivel along with another member of your “always wrong” cabal when there was Santi vs Ozil debate years ago :woot: :woot:

Ole ..., Always wrong :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Hope these guys running the club know that Ralph Hasenhüttl has ended his contract prematurely with RB ? I will take him over Arteta, Henry and even Allegri....just saying o
He did a great job with Leipzig. AFC fans need to wake up and start protesting now outside the Emirates before it is too late.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:
If Santi is able to play again, we should retain him sharp sharp. That is someone who should be mentoring Iwobi...the way he deftly plays the ball with both legs is something to behold.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^No they don't. The furore will be far greater once the yahoozie grows legs and arms. Sit tight for the time being, then detonate in duest course.

PS. Remember when the Puma was going to be the game changer? Who were Leicester sponsored by when they lapped Wenger like Kipkoech?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:
If Santi is able to play again, we should retain him sharp sharp. That is someone who should be mentoring Iwobi...the way he deftly plays the ball with both legs is something to behold.

Oh don’t you have the best number 10 in the world who is being paid a kings ransom to be on the team? Ok whatever :bump:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Waffiman wrote:Wenger, Walcott, Giroud, Gibbs, Chamberlain, Coquelin, Mertesacker, Cazorla and possibly even Wilshere and Rzmsey all departing for different reasons within the space of twelve months. It really is the end of an era at Arsenal.

I know it does not look it right now, but Arsenal have brought in slme very talented people in the last 2 years in all positions at the club. People like Wrigglesworth, Milistant, Famy and Sanhelli are proven winners. The fitness and medical team have all worked at the best places with the best reputations. When I look at all of these pluses, even though I expected just a bit more with regards to the next man, I have to say, I will be foolish to discount Arteta. A new system is now in place, I will be giving it every chance to succeed. We have some very good young players coming through, so who knows?

I am optimistic and hopeful all these changes will be moving us onto bigger and better things.
End of a $hit era. The only player that I'll miss from the bunch is Santi. The rest can bugger off
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Even if Ramsey doesn't sign a new deal. Don't sell him. The goal should be to make the champions league next season. Can still sell him January if we are out of contention. Only sell Ramsey if a replacement is signed first.
Na wa for you - dont sell Ramsey ? You forget so soon the drama of selling Sanchez ..abeg get the 50M for him and sell...he is replaceable. If we get Seri for example or the German kid Meyer.

If we get Seri, sell Ramsey. But if we don't. Don't sell Ramsey. I don't care about Kroenkes profits. I like Ramsey. My preference is for the club to keep him and sign Seri.
If Ramsey doesn't sign a new contract by July 1 then auction him off. Add Xhaka to sweeten the deal if needed. Never let another player hold the club ransom like Ozil and Sanchez did. If we sign Seri or another proper CM, Ramsey shouldn't be starting if he stays anyways.
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

[/video]

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

[/video]

His agent said on twitter that Arsenal has not even started new contract negotiations with him. So how did he refuse to sign a new deal?

If they hire Arteta as the new manager. If I were Ramsey I won't sign a new deal. Why waste my time with a club with no ambition?

bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Whatever happened to loyalty? Are we all just chasing the money? I mean ... who is Ramsey to want to get money and trophies?
Didn't he learn that Loyalty is the main thing in the world?
ohenhen1 wrote:[/video]
His agent said on twitter that Arsenal has not even started new contract negotiations with him. So how did he refuse to sign a new deal?
If they hire Arteta as the new manager. If I were Ramsey I won't sign a new deal. Why waste my time with a club with no ambition?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

bepanda wrote:Whatever happened to loyalty? Are we all just chasing the money? I mean ... who is Ramsey to want to get money and trophies?
Ramsey is loyal. He also wants to win. Why should he be loyal to a club that has no ambition?

They have not even offered him a new deal if we are to believe his agent.

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

ohenhen1 wrote:
bepanda wrote:Whatever happened to loyalty? Are we all just chasing the money? I mean ... who is Ramsey to want to get money and trophies?
Ramsey is loyal. He also wants to win. Why should he be loyal to a club that has no ambition?

They have not even offered him a new deal if we are to believe his agent.
please go back to Rant and Rave and leave us here in peace. Which Ramsey is loyal? Loyal to what, his own indiscipline? Despite chances upon chances AW gave him, what ambition has he demonstrated? He is just an anywhere-belle-face player. Maybe Pep or Klopp can help him get his head in order, but do they want/need him? Poch will park him on the bench somewhere behind Sissoko, while Mour will convert him to GK.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

At least offer him a new deal before you accuse him of been disloyal. There is no such thing as loyalty in professional sports. It is about winning and making money. Why should Ramsey be loyal to a owner that is cheap and has no ambition?
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Mon May 21, 2018 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Fleet Street consensus, Arteta’s pusillanimous nature should paint an Indian sign atop his curriculum vitae. In a house full of ovaries, the perils of unopposed oestrogen are well documented. There’s a plethora of vaginas monologuing at Cashburton Grove, one more introitus could be the gash to break the camel’s back. The need for an iron fist is obvious and agreed upon, as is the need to remove the Evertonian dropout from all first team duties and London City too. Bellerin, or rather, My Son and his moonwalk down the developmental curve, from Europe’s best to catwalking Paolo Ferreira, has led to consensus, that being a need for coaching. One wonders what was happening on a daily basis at the same stage in his career for the past too many years. The same as Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Chambers, Gibbs, Holding, Jenkinson, Jack, oops sorry, Lil’ Prince...and the rest.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ramsey was voted Arsenal player of the year by fans online.

peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

ohenhen1 wrote:Ramsey was voted Arsenal player of the year by fans online.
I couldn't believe it.

I would have said Nacho Monreal as he had a fantastic season and single-handedly bailed us out of some bad situations this season. The most consistent player in the team.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

And Nacho Monreal made the Spanish WC squad, while Bellerin didn't make it?
peron33uk wrote:
I couldn't believe it.
I would have said Nacho Monreal as he had a fantastic season and single-handedly bailed us out of some bad situations this season. The most consistent player in the team.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

bepanda wrote:And Nacho Monreal made the Spanish WC squad, while Bellerin didn't make it?
peron33uk wrote:
I couldn't believe it.
Imagine if Özil failed to make Germany's squad while Bellerin and Payet made the Spain and France squads respectively, a certain bloviating ignoramus here would've been waxing poetic and making the forum unbearable.

As it is Özil is in while both Bellerin and Payet are out and what we hear is a pretty loud silence.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯