The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by anikulapo »

Hmmm I asked how many points we will get in our two fixtures vs city and Toto .... well down to three available
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:tell me how good Man City was today when Arsenal are gifted a PK and an offside goal..until then save your anti Arsenal narrative
Don't mind them....

City are good but at the end of the day they only scored 1 legitimate goal.

Psst, hello my good friend, how many Game changing chances did our wonderful play maker create today ? Or are you still waiting for Azu and Waffi to download the opta stats :woot:
Which one from Ozil , Coquelin or Xhaxa or the turnovers from Sanchez, we should have cashed in last summer. Lacazette on the bench?
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

SylverEagles wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:tell me how good Man City was today when Arsenal are gifted a PK and an offside goal..until then save your anti Arsenal narrative
I like that Ray Charles vibe sometimes too - are you really stating we did enough to get a result today. I saw a team that played on Wed pressing us into turnovers(we the rested team), i saw them outhustling & out running us, i saw a team drilled in ball pressure
& how to react to it - we mustn't do those drills.
This looking at refs for digression is embarrassing. Are we the new "SHAMELESS" now!!!???
Stop with the narrative. Every PL side will have their backs against the wall for much of the 90 minutes vs Man City @ The Etihad, idea Arsenal would not be under the cosh for vast majority of the game is at best naive, at worst agenda driven rubbish.

people slobber over man city yet ignore reality how getting a result in the Etihad becomes markedly more difficult when refs are gifting them goals.
TG, I expect better from you. These are excuses for losers im sorry. While you are factually correct about the help from the refs but this Arsenal team CAN'T win at the Etihad.

Arsenal is not disciplined defensively enough to grind out needed results. Arsenal concedes way too cheaply for me.
Michael Oliver was very average, he was giving the best decisions to Man City, but Coquelin was awful, Lacazette should've started , Sanchez was awful as well and should have been sold last summer, his heart is not in Arsenal. We should've played Elneny instead of Coq. I am still trying to analyse Ozil role in the game.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

When Francis Coquelin was announced in the Arsenal starting XI to take on Manchester City this afternoon the presumption was he would be lining up as part of a midfield three with Granit Xhaka and Aaron Ramsey.

Even the lineup Arsenal announced on social media had the Frenchman playing in midfield in front of a back four, which had Laurent Koscielny and Nacho Monreal as the centrebacks.

So there was a sense of disbelief in the press box at the Etihad, as well as on social media, when Coquelin lined up in the centre of a back three, with Koscielny and Monreal either side.

Initially it was unclear whether he had been tasked with a man to man marking job on Sergio Aguero, as within a couple of minutes of the game kicking off he had tracked the Argentine a good 30 yards into his own half.

But as the contest settled down it was clear he was playing as the central point of the back three, a role that we have seen Mohamed Elneny operating in during the Europa League and Carabao Cup this season.

But while Elneny is comfortable with the ball at his feet, something which is usually a key ingredient of someone playing in that role, Coquelin certainly isn’t - as he demonstrated during a poor display against Red Star Belgrade on Thursday night.

Wenger’s thinking behind Coquelin’s inclusion was clearly to give the defence a little bit more pace and mobility and he did show that on more than one occasion, with one piece of fine recovery work robbing Leroy Sane of the ball midway through the half as the German threatened.
But it was obvious throughout the first 45 minutes that Coquelin was far from comfortable in his new position, with the 26-year-old constantly edging forward and losing his shape.

The early charge out of defence to track Aguero was not a one off, there were several occasions when Coquelin set off before having to stop himself in his tracks and quickly get back into position.

http://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/f ... y-13860942
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^We will be strong. We will challenge.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Say what you may, we did not lose to Man City, but rather to the referee. This must be one of the most ridiculously refereed EPL matches i have ever seen. Right from kick-off when Man City embarked on "smart fouling" of our players anytime we try to break away with man City caught out and the referee keeping his cards in his pocket, to the penalty awarded for shoulder-to-shoulder challenge and then the icing on the cake. How Silva is not offside in the eyes of the referees only, beats me.
AW for all his faults nearly got his tactics right except for one or two calls i wouldn't have made. Any wonder Man City abandoned the midfield for us and resorted to wing play? Say what we may, this is one defeat that leaves a bitter taste in the mouth for bad officiating.
Kudos to my boys for standing tall today. My hats off to them.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
tolahs wrote:
I like that Ray Charles vibe sometimes too - are you really stating we did enough to get a result today. I saw a team that played on Wed pressing us into turnovers(we the rested team), i saw them outhustling & out running us, i saw a team drilled in ball pressure
This looking at refs for digression is embarrassing. Are we the new "SHAMELESS" now!!!???
Stop with the narrative. Every PL side will have their backs against the wall for much of the 90 minutes vs Man City @ The Etihad, idea Arsenal would not be under the cosh for vast majority of the game is at best naive, at worst agenda driven rubbish.

people slobber over man city yet ignore reality how getting a result in the Etihad becomes markedly more difficult when refs are gifting them goals.

I beg to differ - if you gave any of Jose,Pochettino,Conte, Klopp 7days to prepare for Manc while they visited Napoli for an intensive match - you'll see a better gameplan carried out & executed. You obviously find it a lot easier to lash out & imply those of us calling it as we see it as agenda driven.
How do you explain De Bruyne's determination to score the 1st goal & the joke that's our defensive philosophy - Pep like most modern coaches has a ball pressing style that's proactive whilst AW sticks with this nonsense of not closing down(reactive).
How does Coq get to play as part of a 3 when Elneny has done the reps? How many times did we catch them open after a setpiece(especially a corner) cos they seem to catch us open everytime - to have scenarios when you have 2/3 players vs 4/5 manC players on the counter is beneath this level of football.
Miss me with this Ref did it tequila - we were outran, outplayed & outcoached We've got 4 points from 6 away games.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

azuka wrote:Say what you may, we did not lose to Man City, but rather to the referee. This must be one of the most ridiculously refereed EPL matches i have ever seen. Right from kick-off when Man City embarked on "smart fouling" of our players anytime we try to break away with man City caught out and the referee keeping his cards in his pocket, to the penalty awarded for shoulder-to-shoulder challenge and then the icing on the cake. How Silva is not offside in the eyes of the referees only, beats me.
AW for all his faults nearly got his tactics right except for one or two calls i wouldn't have made. Any wonder Man City abandoned the midfield for us and resorted to wing play? Say what we may, this is one defeat that leaves a bitter taste in the mouth for bad officiating.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Coach wrote:@Tunis, has Beloved not gotten the rub of the green this season? Convenient amnesia when the dice rolls our way, piquet line and placards when it doesn't. Whether Video ref or video killed the radio star, the fact of the matter remains as it has done for some time, early days and Arsenal are well out of contention. 11 or is it 12 points behind, even if iPhone 8 was the ref, what difference would it make? History has shown, on consecutive occasions, for well over a decade, this side, mastered and commandered by Barrister Oga Robert Wengabe, is going nowhere as far as the Premier league and Champions league be concerned.

A full week's rest and you're struggling to make inroads vs Fabian Delph. Banked on a tired City display and Beloved's fresh legs running them ragged. Couldn't have been more wrong. There's nothing left in Arsene's tank, the great tactical ploy built up in the pre-match preamble, manifested as Coquelin in central defence and another throw of the Frankensteinian monstrosity, 3-4-whatever whatever. Again, the team collectively don't have the brain to play a back three in the face of danger. Much like the fossil, Beloved is locked in a land before time, watching on as the game evolves around them. Good money gone. Even with the advantage of freshness, the same freshness claimed by all to have favoured Chelsea last season, nothing. F*ck off
PREACH!!!!! :agree: :clap:
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

platinum wrote:
tolahs wrote:

It's a bit of both. Arsenal could have played better but it doesn't mean City didn't get help. Are the Mancunians better? Yes. Did they get help? Yes. Did they deserve to win today? Probably but they were not vastly superior to Arsenal.

You cannot be serious (John McEnroe voice) - try revisiting this topic with Arsenal having played midweek away in Europe while ManC rest. What does it say & mean to you when they can come from such intense CL fixture & press us into turnover
after turnover - it tells me we aren't drilled in responding to pressing but why?
Many questions a gaffer of 800 matches should've had covered - we aren't at their level at all.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:Say what you may, we did not lose to Man City, but rather to the referee. This must be one of the most ridiculously refereed EPL matches i have ever seen. Right from kick-off when Man City embarked on "smart fouling" of our players anytime we try to break away with man City caught out and the referee keeping his cards in his pocket, to the penalty awarded for shoulder-to-shoulder challenge and then the icing on the cake. How Silva is not offside in the eyes of the referees only, beats me.

It was always going to be difficult against Man City but having our most clinical £52 million striker on the bench and the least technical player in our team, Coq in centre back doesn't help yet some people still blame the referee.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

realtrouble wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

It was always going to be difficult against Man City but having our most clinical £52 million striker on the bench and the least technical player in our team, Coq in centre back doesn't help yet some people still blame the referee.

When I say some of them here have the mentality of Trump supporters dem go think say na yabs :mrgreen:

MLK.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

anikulapo wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

When I say some of them here have the mentality of Trump supporters dem go think say na yabs :mrgreen:
I don't know where to start :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Lacazette with 4 EPL goals was on the bench, yet he plays Sanchez as the main strikers.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Nuff said Bro.....

Th amount of poor calls we have suffered on away grounds this season is ridiculous, it is about time AW called out the referees as he did after the game today I don't care if he gets charged for it. This can't continue...not 1 but 2 players were offside and it still wasn't called?

And the penalty was Sterling even goalside or ahead of Monreal? Monreal had the situation under control and was just muscling Sterling out....
To God be the glory
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Were Azuka & Gunnerbang watching the same match?

Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

tolahs wrote:Were Azuka & Gunnerbang watching the same match?

Overreaction...

Free scoring Citeh have been banging 4,5's and sixes against teams in the league up till this afternoon. Arsenal limited them to 1 legitimate goal in the game and actually scored 1 goal.

We could have played better, especially in the final 3rd but that was definitely not a bad performance.
To God be the glory
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Skylolo wrote:

Overreaction...

Free scoring Citeh have been banging 4,5's and sixes against teams in the league up till this afternoon. Arsenal limited them to 1 legitimate goal in the game and actually scored 1 goal.

We could have played better, especially in the final 3rd but that was definitely not a bad performance.
You should be grateful that free scoring Man City played a full strength Napoli last week Wednesday, imagine if they had 7 day's rest. :atc: :atc:
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

realtrouble wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

Overreaction...

You should be grateful that free scoring Man City played a full strength Napoli last week Wednesday, imagine if they had 7 day's rest. :atc: :atc:
Seen it all now - this is from the Amir Khan school of losing - "i was faster, hitting him with shots until he got lucky"
Manc are 12 points ahead of us in Nov - they outhustle us & dude thinks we should celebrate - Guess that AW speech at the AGM was
inoculation from accountability. :oops: :(
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

tolahs wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

Overreaction...

Seen it all now - this is from the Amir Khan school of losing - "i was faster, hitting him with shots until he got lucky"
Manc are 12 points ahead of us in Nov - they outhustle us & dude thinks we should celebrate - Guess that AW speech at the AGM was
inoculation from accountability. :oops: :(

So Tolahs your judgement of the match was based on a 3minutes clip u posted above from youtube? I watched the match and even recorded it because i was so sure we will beat City. Could we have played better yes we could have just like Skylolo said, but please City today did not deserve to win. Not definitely with those ridiculous calls of the referee.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

realtrouble wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

I don't know where to start :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Lacazette with 4 EPL goals was on the bench, yet he plays Sanchez as the main strikers.
The boss explained his thinking after the game:

on why he played Coquelin in defence…
I can explain to you that Mertesacker came into training yesterday morning, sick. That Holding had a thigh strain. That Debuchy had just come back from [being] a long-time absentee. That I don’t see that big a problem to play in the middle of the [central defensive] two. You’re a defensive midfielder or a defender, it’s exactly the same. I don’t think that was a problem in our game.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: On the performance of the boys today.

WE "WAS" ROBBED!!!

Yes city dominated! Yes city should have won! But, this should have been a draw, and if the ref was not cheating, we could have won!
It was scandalous! Absolutely scandalous! No one will remember how poor the ref was, they will only say Arsenal lost again against a big team.

[/video]

The refs have cost off 9 points this season! 9 points!!! :curse:

Stoke
1. 2 penalty shouts NOT given in our favor.
2. A legitimate Lacazette goal called back for a FAKE offside.

Watford
1. Phantom penalty called against us.

City
1. Fake PK called on a shoulder to shoulder, immediately after an Arsenal advantage with Sanchez away had been called back :curse:
2. 2 city players a MILE offside, yet NO call! :curse:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

All these years of failure to win the EPL can now be traced back to referee performance against us. These referees have been preventing us from winning against the Top 6 away for some 25 games now. Instead of calling for Wenger's head or Ozil and Sanchez to leave the club, we should simply call it like it is and blame it all on the bias of the referees in the EPL...
Wenger's tactics have always been spot on. Referees are really out to get us.