The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Please God let this be true :woot:
I can bet you didn't read that article you posted above, Aniks. If you read the part below you would not have pasted it.

OptaJoe ✔@OptaJoe
42 - Since his @premierleague debut, Mesut Ozil has provided more assists (42) and created more chances (407) than any other player. Ya.

That's the player you are joining to hound out of Arsenal. Of all the 407 chances he created since joining, only 42 were scored. A mere 10.32%. Imagine where Arsenal would have finished if let's say 25% of his chances were score not to talk of 50%? Instead of finding out why such a low percentages of his chances were scored, you want him out. Isn't he signed to create chances? Hasn't he being doing that?

By the way this stats was even before saturday during which despite his cameo he was still able to create 5 chances with none scored. That's a whopping 412 chances?
The real pity is we got Lacazette too late.
And AW is not even playing them together. Hopefully we will get to see AW play Ozil, Sanchez and Laca alongside a DISCIPLINED combination of Xhaka and Ramsey.
On Ozil, there is a chance he will sign a new contract.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

I can bet you didn't read that article you posted above, Aniks. If you read the part below you would not have pasted it.

OptaJoe ✔@OptaJoe
42 - Since his @premierleague debut, Mesut Ozil has provided more assists (42) and created more chances (407) than any other player. Ya.

That's the player you are joining to hound out of Arsenal. Of all the 407 chances he created since joining, only 42 were scored. A mere 10.32%. Imagine where Arsenal would have finished if let's say 25% of his chances were score not to talk of 50%? Instead of finding out why such a low percentages of his chances were scored, you want him out. Isn't he signed to create chances? Hasn't he being doing that?

By the way this stats was even before saturday during which despite his cameo he was still able to create 5 chances with none scored. That's a whopping 412 chances?
And AW is not even playing them together. Hopefully we will get to see AW play Ozil, Sanchez and Laca alongside a DISCIPLINED combination of Xhaka and Ramsey.
And i hope and pray in January AW signs Gueye from Everton and Lemina from Juventus who's on loan at Southampton.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

azuka wrote:
tolahs wrote:
azuka wrote:
tolahs wrote:Squad depth will play a huge part this season especially after big Euro weeks like this one which is after an imp international break.
Chelsea coming from that Roma match were bound to struggle - Watford miss inform Ighalo.
In both Europa & domestic cup games(depends on opposition) - if we can get a decent backup at right wing back then Reiss Nelson should replace
TW on top - far superior arsenal(real talk).
In the midst of all this worshiping of Jack - gotta say Joe Willock got game - his composure on the ball in Belgrade was off another zip code.
Maitland-Niles was in a great groove, still hope Cohen gets recalled so Niles can play in midfield.
Jeff Reine-Adelaide & Chuba Akpom must catch the wave and make their marks!!!
Godspeed to young soldier - Gedion Zelalem.

And what happened to TD and his cojones today? Thought he and his team mates are full of cojones? See what i said about empty drums making the most noise.
Niks is right on this one - as a matter of fact he's being too reserved - Watford blew multiple chances - TD's as important as our fanbase chose to make him - he'll tell you outright that he's a limited player & like i mentioned last week, he has a habit of throwing shade at Arsenal - last week our performance was disgraceful so he sang - heck, we already know that though.
This Marco Silva guy's a top coach - was impressed with what he did @hull & again vs Chelsea. Looks ready for a big club.
LCFC needs a coach don't know if their budget is much bigger than Watford.

This is what comes from listening too much to these British pundits who claim to know it all, @Tolahs and @Aniks. What exactly did he do with Hull City? Wasn't he brought in to save Hull City with 6 months to go? Is Hull City still in the Premiership? Why do you guys keep shifting the goalposts when it comes to what counts as success? Now it's all about "what hi did with @Hull"?
And if i may add whatever happened to the British Pundits annointed successor at Bournehount (sp)? Now they've moved on from him to Silva at Watford? SMH.

Azuka put Wenger at Hull under the same circumstances and see what happened :roll:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

OptaJoe ✔@OptaJoe

And i hope and pray in January AW signs Gueye from Everton and Lemina from Juventus who's on loan at Southampton.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Arsenal XI: Cech, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Kolasinac, Ramsey, Xhaka, Ozil, Sanchez, Lacazette.

Subs: Macey, Wilshere, Giroud, Walcott, Holding, Iwobi, Coquelin.

Okay ohhhh

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

OptaJoe ✔@OptaJoe

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Azuka is pretty much reduced to hoping and praying that Arsene does he is paid to do :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Wow ...
anikulapo wrote:
Arsenal XI: Cech, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Kolasinac, Ramsey, Xhaka, Ozil, Sanchez, Lacazette.
Subs: Macey, Wilshere, Giroud, Walcott, Holding, Iwobi, Coquelin.
Okay ohhhh
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:
tolahs wrote:
azuka wrote:
tolahs wrote:Squad depth will play a huge part this season especially after big Euro weeks like this one which is after an imp international break.
Chelsea coming from that Roma match were bound to struggle - Watford miss inform Ighalo.
In both Europa & domestic cup games(depends on opposition) - if we can get a decent backup at right wing back then Reiss Nelson should replace
In the midst of all this worshiping of Jack - gotta say Joe Willock got game - his composure on the ball in Belgrade was off another zip code.
Maitland-Niles was in a great groove, still hope Cohen gets recalled so Niles can play in midfield.

And what happened to TD and his cojones today? Thought he and his team mates are full of cojones? See what i said about empty drums making the most noise.
Niks is right on this one - as a matter of fact he's being too reserved - Watford blew multiple chances - TD's as important as our fanbase chose to make him - he'll tell you outright that he's a limited player & like i mentioned last week, he has a habit of throwing shade at Arsenal - last week our performance was disgraceful so he sang - heck, we already know that though.
This Marco Silva guy's a top coach - was impressed with what he did @hull & again vs Chelsea. Looks ready for a big club.

This is what comes from listening too much to these British pundits who claim to know it all, @Tolahs and @Aniks. What exactly did he do with Hull City? Wasn't he brought in to save Hull City with 6 months to go? Is Hull City still in the Premiership? Why do you guys keep shifting the goalposts when it comes to what counts as success? Now it's all about "what hi did with @Hull"?
And if i may add whatever happened to the British Pundits annointed successor at Bournehount (sp)? Now they've moved on from him to Silva at Watford? SMH.

Azuka put Wenger at Hull under the same circumstances and see what happened :roll:
Zuks, give us some credit with having minds of her own & not being zombies. Hull b4 he came in were typical English team - territorial footie, bypass the midfield - he turned them into tacticians with great organization. I've watched them(Watford) a few times this season - he sets his team up very well - i mentioned LCFC cos the bigger the club the tougher your mentality has to be - it takes more than tactical acumen - Hughes failed at Manc & Moyles failed at ManU.
Marco Silva did better at Hull than Frank de Boer did with Palace with a more expensive squad. He's one to watch out for.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:AW starts this 11 and Arsenal beat Everton on a canter.

Cech

Kos--BFG---Monreal

Bellerin-----Xhaka---Wilshere---Kolasinac

Ramsey---Lacazette---Sanchez

Xhacrap will be overrun by Davies and Gueye. Way too risky. Let him play against Norwich in the carabao :curse: :roll: along with Ozil .

Ramsey over Iwobi? Really?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Several seasons back some player whose name escapes me now pushed Debuchy at the back - he took a spill which sent him to the sidelines - his form & quality has never returned. Now we can see fully how Nacho was pushed into the crowd - the ref spoke to both guys but was he aware of the extent of the push & how dangerous it was - the league needs to come down hard on this Everton clown.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ert-lewin/
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Ozil had a wonderful game today. He is a great player, one of the best I have seen in over 25 years of living and breathing Arsenal. You can be sure the fickle wolves will be out for him after his next bad game, but he is an amazing player. MOTM for me today.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

See wetin Neymar don cause I'm actually waiting for 3pm for their game vs Marseille :woot:

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Arsenal have been unlucky and at times naive at Stoke and Watford, but we have ONLY had one bad performance this year at Liverpool. Imaging this was the first time we saw Alexis, Ozil, and Lacazette, and boy was it promising. We will have a good season, and hopefully we can go all the way in the Europa. We will not win the league, and everyone should temper their expectations. That 250 plus million Shitty spent is not paper money, and I expect them to run away with the league.

Regarding our players, if Ozil and Alexis deliver cups this year, and choose to go elsewhere, I will say thank you and regard them as club legends. They have been excellent for Arsenal. How many of the players we called legends in Arsene's early years gave us 4-5 solid years? I wish them luck, and will continue to back Ozil and Alexis until they leave. I think this is Arsene's last stand. His major players are at the end of their careers or just past their peak years, including Walcott, Giroud, Kosielny, Per, Nacho, Cech, etc. These are all Arsenal legends by their own right despite all the scrutiny. I will fully enjoy the next 2 years. Cheers.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Nkume wrote:Arsenal have been unlucky and at times naive at Stoke and Watford, but we have ONLY had one bad performance this year at Liverpool. Imaging this was the first time we saw Alexis, Ozil, and Lacazette, and boy was it promising. We will have a good season, and hopefully we can go all the way in the Europa. We will not win the league, and everyone should temper their expectations. That 250 plus million Shitty spent is not paper money, and I expect them to run away with the league.

Regarding our players, if Ozil and Alexis deliver cups this year, and choose to go elsewhere, I will say thank you and regard them as club legends. They have been excellent for Arsenal. How many of the players we called legends in Arsene's early years gave us 4-5 solid years? I wish them luck, and will continue to back Ozil and Alexis until they leave. I think this is Arsene's last stand. His major players are at the end of their careers or just past their peak years, including Walcott, Giroud, Kosielny, Per, Nacho, Cech, etc. These are all Arsenal legends by their own right despite all the scrutiny. I will fully enjoy the next 2 years. Cheers.
arsenal beat a moi moi team and everything is now fine :thumbs:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:
tolahs wrote:
azuka wrote:

Zuks, give us some credit with having minds of her own & not being zombies. Hull b4 he came in were typical English team - territorial footie, bypass the midfield - he turned them into tacticians with great organization. I've watched them(Watford) a few times this season - he sets his team up very well - i mentioned LCFC cos the bigger the club the tougher your mentality has to be - it takes more than tactical acumen - Hughes failed at Manc & Moyles failed at ManU.
Marco Silva did better at Hull than Frank de Boer did with Palace with a more expensive squad. He's one to watch out for.
See how you keep shifting the goalposts? Now you comparing someone who stayed 6 months with a team and could not save the team from relegation with another who only stayed enough to play 4, Yes 4 leagues games? I rest my case.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Gooner1 wrote:
Nkume wrote:Arsenal have been unlucky and at times naive at Stoke and Watford, but we have ONLY had one bad performance this year at Liverpool. Imaging this was the first time we saw Alexis, Ozil, and Lacazette, and boy was it promising. We will have a good season, and hopefully we can go all the way in the Europa. We will not win the league, and everyone should temper their expectations. That 250 plus million Shitty spent is not paper money, and I expect them to run away with the league.

Like I said, I will continue to enjoy my team. Haters can hate!

Ozil and Sanchez = World class. Thanks for the years, and the trophies.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Nkume wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:

Like I said, I will continue to enjoy my team. Haters can hate!

Ozil and Sanchez = World class. Thanks for the years, and the trophies.
I join you in this my in-law. Can't imagine how hateful people can be seeing how slick these guys were despite being on the pitch for the first time this season.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

some of you guys suffer from low expectations. Ozil's talent and quality have never been in doubt, at least not to me. It is entirely his fault that the debate is whether or not he is a good/great player, rather than about how great is he. He is like that very brilliant student who sensate study for exams. And no, it is not his languid style...he is genuinely lazy. Well, to be fair, Wenger is partly at fault sha. He is who he is, and needs better and more intelligent ball-winners/hustlers than the Ramsey (no brain), Xhaka (slow/immobile), or Coq (sub par) to make him shine. To his credit, he plays well with Alexis, and makes the right runs.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Squad for Tuesday.

Matt Macey

Debuchy ElNeny Holding

Nelson Jacque LeCoq Niles

Theophilus BigOG Iwobi
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nkume wrote:Squad for Tuesday.

Matt Macey

Debuchy ElNeny Holding

Nelson Jacque LeCoq Niles

Theophilus BigOG Iwobi

I prefer Niles better as a CDM than as a wingback ... Wenger can make him the next Kante if he chooses ... and I still think Reiss is being wasted as a wingback ... let the lad focus on attacking Biko Wenger

MLK.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:some of you guys suffer from low expectations. Ozil's talent and quality have never been in doubt, at least not to me. It is entirely his fault that the debate is whether or not he is a good/great player, rather than about how great is he. He is like that very brilliant student who sensate study for exams. And no, it is not his languid style...he is genuinely lazy. Well, to be fair, Wenger is partly at fault sha. He is who he is, and needs better and more intelligent ball-winners/hustlers than the Ramsey (no brain), Xhaka (slow/immobile), or Coq (sub par) to make him shine. To his credit, he plays well with Alexis, and makes the right runs.
Chief, Arsenal fans and their usual hero worship

His statistics say otherwise , Ozil is not consistent in his performance and has deteriorated over the past year. In 4 years he has only 1 year double digit assists.

2017/2018 1 Goal, 1 Assists in 7 Apps
2016/2017 8 Goals 9 Assist in 33 Apps
2015/2016 6 Goals 19 Assists in 35 Apps
2014/2015 4 Goals 5 Assists in 22 Apps
2013/2014 5 Goals 9 Assist in 26 Apps

https://www.premierleague.com/players/4 ... co=1&se=22
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

realtrouble wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:some of you guys suffer from low expectations. Ozil's talent and quality have never been in doubt, at least not to me. It is entirely his fault that the debate is whether or not he is a good/great player, rather than about how great is he. He is like that very brilliant student who sensate study for exams. And no, it is not his languid style...he is genuinely lazy. Well, to be fair, Wenger is partly at fault sha. He is who he is, and needs better and more intelligent ball-winners/hustlers than the Ramsey (no brain), Xhaka (slow/immobile), or Coq (sub par) to make him shine. To his credit, he plays well with Alexis, and makes the right runs.

His statistics say otherwise , Ozil is not consistent in his performance and has deteriorated over the past year. In 4 years he has only 1 year double digit assists.

Assists means he creates a chance and someone scores. Is it his fault he creates 8 chances in a match and only 1 was scored as against Everton? If we had loast against Everton you will join in blaming him forgetting the basic fact he did his own bit by creating the chances for us to score. He is said to have created the most chances in the league than any other player since he joined. Imagine if against Watford 2 of the 5 chances he created were scored, wouldn't Arsenal have won?

Abeg everyone to his own. Enough from me on this Ozil debates.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

azuka wrote:
realtrouble wrote:

Assists means he creates a chance and someone scores. Is it his fault he creates 8 chances in a match and only 1 was scored as against Everton? If we had loast against Everton you will join in blaming him forgetting the basic fact he did his own bit by creating the chances for us to score. He is said to have created the most chances in the league than any other player since he joined. Imagine if against Watford 2 of the 5 chances he created were scored, wouldn't Arsenal have won?

Abeg everyone to his own. Enough from me on this Ozil debates.
OK...we should no longer count assists, as this stat depends on the strikers to score. Let's change the criterion specially for Ozil, since there are no strikers good enough to convert his "chances created" to assists.
AFCON 2019 sweet o