The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote:

This is the video. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:To many it is a straight swap, but it simply cannot be. How how you swap a player with 3 years left on his contract with a player who leaves on a free in 6 months?

It is a swap, but not a straight swap, for many reasons.
We ain't the ones doing the face saving here - That agent isn't been declared wacko either.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:To many it is a straight swap, but it simply cannot be. How how you swap a player with 3 years left on his contract with a player who leaves on a free in 6 months?

We ain't the ones doing the face saving here - That agent isn't been declared wacko either.
You should ask waffiman these questions:

1. Does Mkhi have 3 years left on his contract? or is that a fabrication by Waffiman? :lol: :lol:

2. Does Mkhi make the match-day squad for United?

3. If United was to sell Mkhi this January, can they sell him? :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:To Arsenal fans.

That is actually a bargain for Manure.

Sanchez is worth at least 60 MP if Arsenal didn't let his contract run down.
"If" is the operative word here - real world's Arsenal have emerged from hell sitting in High end Heaven. Alexis wages
will create definite wage inflation in that club - b4 i say Jack. T - :look

Paul Pogba to demand his Manchester United wages are DOUBLED to match new arrival Alexis Sanchez
Pogba wants his wages upped to the same £400,000-a-week level that Sanchez will earn for moving to Old Trafford

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... d-11887025
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tolahs wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

"If" is the operative word here - real world's Arsenal have emerged from hell sitting in High end Heaven. Alexis wages

Paul Pogba to demand his Manchester United wages are DOUBLED to match new arrival Alexis Sanchez
Pogba wants his wages upped to the same £400,000-a-week level that Sanchez will earn for moving to Old Trafford

Yea, I take it you and the mirror have spoken to Paul Pogba? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a shame that a black man like yourself will promote such a xenophobic article. Do you wonder why they didnt use a white player? or an english player? The English press have been upset about this Sanchez move and have been telling lies to smear him! Now, they decide to tell more lies and use a foreign black players name, so that people can attack Pogba for being greedy!

Bro, concentrate on why your new player, Mkhitaryan is NOW YOUR HIGHEST PAID PLAYER! DO YOU CARE ABOUT THAT? :D
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol:
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

danfo driver wrote:
tolahs wrote:

You should ask waffiman these questions:

1. Does Mkhi have 3 years left on his contract? or is that a fabrication by Waffiman? :lol: :lol:

2. Does Mkhi make the match-day squad for United?

3. If United was to sell Mkhi this January, can they sell him? :lol: :lol:

The value of the player in the market & the wages he was on would've been problematic - they'd to get him of the payroll but his agent said openly since he wasn't asking to leave - the terms of his contract had to be met - if he's been bought out as his agent told
Italian media - that's additional cost to ManU.
We've to be careful tho in how we see players as failures when they don't gel with a manager - KDB, Salah(Chelsea), Bergkamp(Inter)
& Titi(Juve)
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Because just passing the ball around has ever produced any goals. Arsenal is the team that goes 90 minutes with 2 shots on goal. Now we are adding another passer ...
Who will shoot on goal? Lacazette? Iwobi? Duh !!! I think we are desillusional, if we believe we can just replace Sanchez with another passer.
And let's be honest: Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil, Mikha and Xhaka offer the same thing both offensively and defensively. They can't defend. They can't shoot. And they refuse to cross the balls for Giroud. Adding Aubamayang could be the big win for this.
Mikha will eventually replace Ozil, when he leaves at the end of the season.
Bepanda
platinum wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Downgrade from Alexis Sanchez to Henrikh Mkhitaryan. This is what we get when we allow Wenger to run the transfers. Sanchez should have been dealt in the summer at the minimum. Talkless of letting his contract run down to 1 year left. Manure are the winners in this transaction.
Downgrade? Depends on what the expectations are. Alexis was more of a.....'me' player. Mkhitaryan is about the collective. If Arsenal plays this wisely, it's a win win
Downgrade? No.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:According to my good friend at the Emirates today:

No Chilean Bellamy to stop Venga ball now. The exchange between Ozil and Wilshere is telepathic....

I nor finish. These English men with their big mouth.

Chilean Bellamy! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I was in stitches. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Joke is on you mate. Sanchez was by far our best player over the 2.5 or 3.5 years he pkayed for Arsenal. If you think Arsenal is stronger by selling him then I have a bridge to sell to you.
Well, that's your opinion and I strongly disagree. The joke is on you cos you are not aware of how I really feel about the player.

Santi was easily our best till we lost him. Then Ozil became our best player. The Chilean Bellamy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: was never our best player.

Just my opinion.

If you have been following my posts here, you will know I have had issues with Sanchez for over 2 years due to the problems he was for the club off the pitch. One thing, I never took away from him is his quality on the pitch.

Finally, you saw how Iwobi played today in his favourite position. If Sanchez leaving gives Alex more game in the roles he prefers on the pitch and we win, I have no complaints. I will not miss Sanchez and many here know it.
Haba, Waffi, fear God now!
Why? You should know my views on the player and it has been more than 2 yrs I have made it known. But I never questioned his quality on the pitch.

The fact that I don't question Sanchez quality on the pitch does not mean I cannot have a good laugh at a description I heard and enjoyed today at the Emirates.

BTW! He was never our best player. When you give the ball away like he did each game, you cannot be our best player.
Waffi, you missed the part when I implored you to fear God...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tolahs wrote:

The value of the player in the market & the wages he was on would've been problematic - they'd to get him of the payroll but his agent said openly since he wasn't asking to leave - the terms of his contract had to be met - if he's been bought out as his agent told
We've to be careful tho in how we see players as failures when they don't gel with a manager - KDB, Salah(Chelsea), Bergkamp(Inter)
& Titi(Juve)
I am afraid, but you simply do not know how this works! :lol: :lol: :lol:

If there is anyone "buying Mkhy out of his contract," IT IS ARSENAL! THAT IS HOW THIS WORKS! :lol: Its like you claiming that Arsenal has to pay Giroud's contract out before they can sell him. :lol: :lol: That makes ZERO SENSE! I know you guys are hurt right now and are trying to make yourselves feel better, but lets allow truth reign!

As to your claim that Raiola spoke to the "italian media," please provide proof. The tweeter handle that Waffiman posted was fake. You know, right?

And if you think Mkhy failed at United because "he did not gel with the manager," then you are in for a rude awakening. Good luck on that!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

bepanda wrote:Because just passing the ball around has ever produced any goals. Arsenal is the team that goes 90 minutes with 2 shots on goal. Now we are adding another passer ...
Who will shoot on goal? Lacazette? Iwobi? Duh !!! I think we are desillusional, if we believe we can just replace Sanchez with another passer.
And let's be honest: Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil, Mikha and Xhaka offer the same thing both offensively and defensively. They can't defend. They can't shoot. And they refuse to cross the balls for Giroud. Adding Aubamayang could be the big win for this.
Mikha will eventually replace Ozil, when he leaves at the end of the season.
Bepanda
platinum wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Downgrade from Alexis Sanchez to Henrikh Mkhitaryan. This is what we get when we allow Wenger to run the transfers. Sanchez should have been dealt in the summer at the minimum. Talkless of letting his contract run down to 1 year left. Manure are the winners in this transaction.
Downgrade? Depends on what the expectations are. Alexis was more of a.....'me' player. Mkhitaryan is about the collective. If Arsenal plays this wisely, it's a win win
Downgrade? No.
The Armenian is more direct. He is more Rosicky than Ozil. He'll shoot when necessary.....though no telling what he becomes under Wenger's tutelage.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

danfo driver wrote:
tolahs wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Yea, I take it you and the mirror have spoken to Paul Pogba? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a shame that a black man like yourself will promote such a xenophobic article. Do you wonder why they didnt use a white player? or an english player? The English press have been upset about this Sanchez move and have been telling lies to smear him! Now, they decide to tell more lies and use a foreign black players name, so that people can attack Pogba for being greedy!

Bro, concentrate on why your new player, Mkhitaryan is NOW YOUR HIGHEST PAID PLAYER! DO YOU CARE ABOUT THAT? :D
B4 i go watch UFC - it's extremely desperate to digress from the biz of transfer to racism - the context is way off.
I don't have to speak to Pogba, his agent or read the mirror - i've for some days on this forum & elsewhere been pointing to
the obvious - this sort of wage will create wage inflation - something we saw a few yrs back @Chelsea - Lamps & JT always demanding parity with the newest highest earner
What you've to question is why there've been so much leaks in this particular case - for days i've called out the loud agent but where
Chelsea refused to do biz with him over Lukaku, JM's ManU jumped at it so ManU are partly culpable for giving this guy the platform.
As for Pogba - ManU fans know how he rolls - he walked out b4 so they will respect dude.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

danfo driver wrote:
tolahs wrote:

& Titi(Juve)

If there is anyone "buying Mkhy out of his contract," IT IS ARSENAL! THAT IS HOW THIS WORKS! :lol: Its like you claiming that Arsenal has to pay Giroud's contract out before they can sell him. :lol: :lol: That makes ZERO SENSE! I know you guys are hurt right now and are trying to make yourselves feel better, but lets allow truth reign!

As to your claim that Raiola spoke to the "italian media," please provide proof. The tweeter handle that Waffiman posted was fake. You know, right?

And if you think Mkhy failed at United because "he did not gel with the manager," then you are in for a rude awakening. Good luck on that!
We know that Agent Raiola has been making the case that contract terms must be met - a straight swap with Alexis who's out of contract in some 16 odd wks vs a geezer on 2plus yrs ain't us buying dude out - no way.
You're going by logic - i am going with facts reported widely - i actually expected ManU to demand some fees from us.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... l-11884343

Klopp digs the knife into Arsene’s back.... smh
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anikulapo wrote:https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... l-11884343

Klopp digs the knife into Arsene’s back.... smh

but he was making what he considers a factual statement.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
jdizzy wrote:

No Chilean Bellamy to stop Venga ball now. The exchange between Ozil and Wilshere is telepathic....

Joke is on you mate. Sanchez was by far our best player over the 2.5 or 3.5 years he pkayed for Arsenal. If you think Arsenal is stronger by selling him then I have a bridge to sell to you.
Well, that's your opinion and I strongly disagree. The joke is on you cos you are not aware of how I really feel about the player.

Santi was easily our best till we lost him. Then Ozil became our best player. The Chilean Bellamy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: was never our best player.

Just my opinion.

If you have been following my posts here, you will know I have had issues with Sanchez for over 2 years due to the problems he was for the club off the pitch. One thing, I never took away from him is his quality on the pitch.

Finally, you saw how Iwobi played today in his favourite position. If Sanchez leaving gives Alex more game in the roles he prefers on the pitch and we win, I have no complaints. I will not miss Sanchez and many here know it.

Waffi your head clearly no dey house. What kinda Toxic fumes do you constantly inhale to make you spew such rubbish? Smh :mrgreen: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
jdizzy wrote:

Just my opinion.

Why? You should know my views on the player and it has been more than 2 yrs I have made it known. But I never questioned his quality on the pitch.

The fact that I don't question Sanchez quality on the pitch does not mean I cannot have a good laugh at a description I heard and enjoyed today at the Emirates.

BTW! He was never our best player. When you give the ball away like he did each game, you cannot be our best player.

Not that your opinions were not already regarded as the ramblings of a nutter before, but by this statement you have clearly removed all doubt ... please stop talking football Biko :rotf:

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tolahs wrote:
B4 i go watch UFC - it's extremely desperate to digress from the biz of transfer to racism - the context is way off.
I don't have to speak to Pogba, his agent or read the mirror - i've for some days on this forum & elsewhere been pointing to
the obvious - this sort of wage will create wage inflation - something we saw a few yrs back @Chelsea - Lamps & JT always demanding parity with the newest highest earner
What you've to question is why there've been so much leaks in this particular case - for days i've called out the loud agent but where
Chelsea refused to do biz with him over Lukaku, JM's ManU jumped at it so ManU are partly culpable for giving this guy the platform.
As for Pogba - ManU fans know how he rolls - he walked out b4 so they will respect dude.
First off, what leaks??? :lol: :lol: :lol: There has been no leaks! Just lies! Lies from Arsenal supporters who claimed it was Mkhy + 35 million for Sanchez.

And why do you persist on telling lies that "Chelsea refused to do biz over Lukaku," even after you have been corrected? The truth is Lukaku rejected Chelsea! This is a FACT! LUKAKU Spoke to Mourinho in April of 2017 and agreed to join United. So, I dont understand why one needs to tell lies about something that has been factually corroborated.

Finally, Please, if you do NOT know about Raiola, please ask! Your comment that "Man U gave Raiola a platform" is laughable! You and most English people think football starts and ends in England. :lol: :lol: :lol: Scroll a couple of pages up and read about Raiola! Knowledge is important.

FACT IS Arsenal now has a Raiola Player- and Raiola has taken Arsenal to the cleaners! You paid him is 10 million pounds and he has made his player your highest paid player! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :clap: :clap: :clap:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tolahs wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
tolahs wrote:

& Titi(Juve)

We know that Agent Raiola has been making the case that contract terms must be met - a straight swap with Alexis who's out of contract in some 16 odd wks vs a geezer on 2plus yrs ain't us buying dude out - no way.
You're going by logic - i am going with facts reported widely - i actually expected ManU to demand some fees from us.
No you are NOT! Fact is that Arsenal has made Mkhy their highest paid player! United did NOT pay Mkhy a cent! That is a Fact. The so called radio interview that Waffiman posted was a fake! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know you need to hold on to something as you just lost your best player AGAIN to the same club. But I wont allow lies to be forced as truth! Not happening! :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
jdizzy wrote:

Just my opinion.

Not that your opinions were not already regarded as the ramblings of a nutter before, but by this statement you have clearly removed all doubt ... please stop talking football Biko :rotf:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I am speechless at arsenal football club.

So we got a United Reject for one of the most potent attacking forces in world football. Seriously how much would Mikcrap fetch on the open market right now ? How many times will hear clubs keep hosing Arsenal FC?

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote:
Spot on. According to the French press, Arsenal had their Chief negotiator on this deal. Bordeaux are not accepting Arsenal's value for the player and vice versa.

Arsenal are not desperate for young Wide Forwards. Rene Adelaide has just return from his career threatening injury, (He is one I rate highly) there is Iwobi and Reiss Nelson too. If one of this 2 make it, the club is in a healthy situation. My guess is they wanted to steal a match on the other clubs for the player.

For me, Niles moves to CM to replace Coquelin. I also hear rumours the club wants to move Elneny on for top quality replacement in the summer. Also rumoured Ramsey contract talks seems to be progressing well, but Welbeck rejected his contract offer of the same terms. He wants higher basic pay and talks have been called off for now, it is rumoured. For me, if Arsenal still want Lemar like it is rumoured, I think Welbeck will be moved on too.

Rumours of Arsenal still looking for an experienced CD that organises the defence. Evans still being touted. If Arsenal sign a CD, Mikh and Aubemeyang, they have given themselves a good shot at top 4.
I just remembered that when Arsenal bought Welbeck, you said he was "Like Henry" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

“I am very critical towards Aubameyang but I also think that about the Ousmane Dembele situation as well,” he said.

“If you are a club who want to acquire players like this you had better think about it twice.

“You have to understand that these character issues can re-surface in the future.”

And when asked if he would bring Aubameyang to Bayern, he relied: “Certainly not.”

Jupp Heynckes :shock: :shock:

MLK.