Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:50 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 346, 347, 348, 349, 350, 351, 352 ... 494  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 54216
Location: USA
realtrouble wrote:
Arsenal are 27 points behind Mancity, despite spending over £200 million on players ......shocking



200million??? :rotf: :rotf: what??? Are you talking Naira or pesos or making things up as you go ?? :rotf: I thought you were Waffis enemy but it looks like y’all have a lot more in common than you think :taunt: :D

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 34056
pajimoh wrote:
Mugoons, just one last question then I'll leave you all alone to carry on suffering from the beating dished out to you at Wembulee :tic:

I was waitin to hear the goons sing " Xhaka, Laca, boom boom" but I didn't hear anything. Are you sure your fans know the lyrics or is it too complicated to learn, too many words for your brainless lot? :twisted:

To be fair I did hear some chanting "Lacs Laca miss miss" and "Laca Laca sheit sheit" :D :taunt:

Abeg e don do,someone came and lie at CE about Xhaka,laca boom and you want it to be beloved issue?
Abeg ask the person direct and spare us the trouble.
Beside we are coming back to Wembley to win the league in your renting house


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:29 am
Posts: 9736
Location: Indiana
Xhaka reminds me of denilson in 2008/2009 after we lost Diarra/Flamini/Gilberto. Some people just have no defensive nous. they have no sense of defensive urgency, cant see defensive gaps opening up until its too late. xhaka ball watches like a fan with sideline tickets instead of anticipating. You can succeed at this level even if you suck at defensive awareness. But you got to have insane athleticism. (prime example, young Kolo Toure at Arsenal). But xhaka lacks that too. He's just not a good fit. Play Elneny, sell him and move on. His flaws are not things that will get better with time.

We can try to get a more dedicated atheletic DM to free him.up But 2 problems: Wenger doesn't like a dedicated DM. And he's not that great midfielding and attacking, that we can afford to play another person to relieve him completely of his defensive duties.

_________________
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:29 am
Posts: 9736
Location: Indiana
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
bepanda wrote:
Spurs could have scored 5 today and nobody would had a reason to complain.
Cech made lots of "saves", but it was because Spurs shot directly at him. Why the man keeps starting games is another Wenger crap. If his second keeper can't challenge an incompetent starter, why do you keep him? Cech is probably one of the worst keepers in the EPL today. Never seen a #1 keeper make so many errors.
The other real issue with this team is their approach to defense, which is really criminal and will never be fixed by this coaching staff. The cross that went to Kane, there was ZERO pressure on the guy making the cross.
Kos and Mustafi had another bad day in the office today.
Wenger playing with so many offensive players, why do defensive players feel the need to run forward and who is providing cover for them? NOBODY.
When the ball is lost, offensive players need to apply pressure (collectively) to prevent quick passes, while players try to regain their positions.
This coaching staff has run its course. New players won't fix a broken system.
Yea, we can beat Everton ... that's our new barometer.
At least Leicester lost, so 7th place in the league is safe. I'm convinced Burnley will finish ahead of us. Some people are still dreaming of top 4 ... duh !!!
Bepanda
kajifu wrote:
My people beloved is not a serious team under this fool call Wenger.
No need getting upset about things that go on,nothing will change.
Today some people want us to believe Dembele is the real deal :rotf: :rotf: when they have laugh at him and said Ramsey is a better player just because he was playing for Fulham.Oh the same know it all that say Walcrap was better than Auba and Kane is not better then Laca.
So how come after signing Laca we have to go for Auba and send Laca to the bench?
Why did Wenger push Auba on the wing and play Laca in the CF position?
Laca is the French Darren Ben nothing special about him yet you pay 55million ,few months later buy a better CF....
Wenger need to go and carry his friends out of our club enough of this rubbish.
As for those who think only Wenger can coach this club you can stick it where the sun dont shine.


Ozil was supposed to be tracking the crosser. Xhaka appeared to be caught not knowing what to do.
Cech isn't the best, but is it fair to call him the worst when you yourself admit that the defense is atrocious?


https://streamja.com/nz7
Egbon, watch the goal again. Pause it right the time Dembele passes to the crosser. Who or what is Xhaka guarding. Ozil left the crosser to go put in a feeble pointless half-ass tackle on Dembele who had the ball. stupid move, but not fatal. as soon as Ozil leaves to go do that, Xhaka should be seeing the gap left where Ozil vacated and start moving there to close the space. But what does he do. he is ball-watching like a money-paying fan.

compare his movement and awareness to Elneny to his left. Watch how Elneny always positions himself between the guy with the ball and potential passing options, make sure he is adjusting always.

_________________
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:30 pm
Posts: 40750
amafolas wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
bepanda wrote:
Spurs could have scored 5 today and nobody would had a reason to complain.
Cech made lots of "saves", but it was because Spurs shot directly at him. Why the man keeps starting games is another Wenger crap. If his second keeper can't challenge an incompetent starter, why do you keep him? Cech is probably one of the worst keepers in the EPL today. Never seen a #1 keeper make so many errors.
The other real issue with this team is their approach to defense, which is really criminal and will never be fixed by this coaching staff. The cross that went to Kane, there was ZERO pressure on the guy making the cross.
Kos and Mustafi had another bad day in the office today.
Wenger playing with so many offensive players, why do defensive players feel the need to run forward and who is providing cover for them? NOBODY.
When the ball is lost, offensive players need to apply pressure (collectively) to prevent quick passes, while players try to regain their positions.
This coaching staff has run its course. New players won't fix a broken system.
Yea, we can beat Everton ... that's our new barometer.
At least Leicester lost, so 7th place in the league is safe. I'm convinced Burnley will finish ahead of us. Some people are still dreaming of top 4 ... duh !!!
Bepanda
kajifu wrote:
My people beloved is not a serious team under this fool call Wenger.
No need getting upset about things that go on,nothing will change.
Today some people want us to believe Dembele is the real deal :rotf: :rotf: when they have laugh at him and said Ramsey is a better player just because he was playing for Fulham.Oh the same know it all that say Walcrap was better than Auba and Kane is not better then Laca.
So how come after signing Laca we have to go for Auba and send Laca to the bench?
Why did Wenger push Auba on the wing and play Laca in the CF position?
Laca is the French Darren Ben nothing special about him yet you pay 55million ,few months later buy a better CF....
Wenger need to go and carry his friends out of our club enough of this rubbish.
As for those who think only Wenger can coach this club you can stick it where the sun dont shine.


Ozil was supposed to be tracking the crosser. Xhaka appeared to be caught not knowing what to do.
Cech isn't the best, but is it fair to call him the worst when you yourself admit that the defense is atrocious?


https://streamja.com/nz7
Egbon, watch the goal again. Pause it right the time Dembele passes to the crosser. Who or what is Xhaka guarding. Ozil left the crosser to go put in a feeble pointless half-ass tackle on Dembele who had the ball. stupid move, but not fatal. as soon as Ozil leaves to go do that, Xhaka should be seeing the gap left where Ozil vacated and start moving there to close the space. But what does he do. he is ball-watching like a money-paying fan.

compare his movement and awareness to Elneny to his left. Watch how Elneny always positions himself between the guy with the ball and potential passing options, make sure he is adjusting always.

Precisely the point i made, Ozil made a poor challenge but that was not anywhere close to egregious. Xhaka was....dawdling and counting sheep's fleece.

_________________
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 36262
Location: Somewhere
platinum wrote:
amafolas wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
bepanda wrote:
Spurs could have scored 5 today and nobody would had a reason to complain.
Cech made lots of "saves", but it was because Spurs shot directly at him. Why the man keeps starting games is another Wenger crap. If his second keeper can't challenge an incompetent starter, why do you keep him? Cech is probably one of the worst keepers in the EPL today. Never seen a #1 keeper make so many errors.
The other real issue with this team is their approach to defense, which is really criminal and will never be fixed by this coaching staff. The cross that went to Kane, there was ZERO pressure on the guy making the cross.
Kos and Mustafi had another bad day in the office today.
Wenger playing with so many offensive players, why do defensive players feel the need to run forward and who is providing cover for them? NOBODY.
When the ball is lost, offensive players need to apply pressure (collectively) to prevent quick passes, while players try to regain their positions.
This coaching staff has run its course. New players won't fix a broken system.
Yea, we can beat Everton ... that's our new barometer.
At least Leicester lost, so 7th place in the league is safe. I'm convinced Burnley will finish ahead of us. Some people are still dreaming of top 4 ... duh !!!
Bepanda
kajifu wrote:
My people beloved is not a serious team under this fool call Wenger.
No need getting upset about things that go on,nothing will change.
Today some people want us to believe Dembele is the real deal :rotf: :rotf: when they have laugh at him and said Ramsey is a better player just because he was playing for Fulham.Oh the same know it all that say Walcrap was better than Auba and Kane is not better then Laca.
So how come after signing Laca we have to go for Auba and send Laca to the bench?
Why did Wenger push Auba on the wing and play Laca in the CF position?
Laca is the French Darren Ben nothing special about him yet you pay 55million ,few months later buy a better CF....
Wenger need to go and carry his friends out of our club enough of this rubbish.
As for those who think only Wenger can coach this club you can stick it where the sun dont shine.


Ozil was supposed to be tracking the crosser. Xhaka appeared to be caught not knowing what to do.
Cech isn't the best, but is it fair to call him the worst when you yourself admit that the defense is atrocious?


https://streamja.com/nz7
Egbon, watch the goal again. Pause it right the time Dembele passes to the crosser. Who or what is Xhaka guarding. Ozil left the crosser to go put in a feeble pointless half-ass tackle on Dembele who had the ball. stupid move, but not fatal. as soon as Ozil leaves to go do that, Xhaka should be seeing the gap left where Ozil vacated and start moving there to close the space. But what does he do. he is ball-watching like a money-paying fan.

compare his movement and awareness to Elneny to his left. Watch how Elneny always positions himself between the guy with the ball and potential passing options, make sure he is adjusting always.

Precisely the point i made, Ozil made a poor challenge but that was not anywhere close to egregious. Xhaka was....dawdling and counting sheep's fleece.


you guys are correct. I am tempted to say that Xhaka should be sold, but I don't trust Wenger to do better. Where did Spurs get Dembele from? Could Arsene have gotten Wanyama? Ndidi nko? But no, he will go and buy another False 10.

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 36262
Location: Somewhere
When Xhaka is "jogging", he looks so lazy...as if someone should be helping him to carry his legs.

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:53 pm
Posts: 9170
bepanda wrote:
Spurs could have scored 5 today and nobody would had a reason to complain.
Cech made lots of "saves", but it was because Spurs shot directly at him. Why the man keeps starting games is another Wenger crap. If his second keeper can't challenge an incompetent starter, why do you keep him? Cech is probably one of the worst keepers in the EPL today. Never seen a #1 keeper make so many errors.
The other real issue with this team is their approach to defense, which is really criminal and will never be fixed by this coaching staff. The cross that went to Kane, there was ZERO pressure on the guy making the cross.
Kos and Mustafi had another bad day in the office today.
Wenger playing with so many offensive players, why do defensive players feel the need to run forward and who is providing cover for them? NOBODY.
When the ball is lost, offensive players need to apply pressure (collectively) to prevent quick passes, while players try to regain their positions.
This coaching staff has run its course. New players won't fix a broken system.
Yea, we can beat Everton ... that's our new barometer.
At least Leicester lost, so 7th place in the league is safe. I'm convinced Burnley will finish ahead of us. Some people are still dreaming of top 4 ... duh !!!
Bepanda
kajifu wrote:
My people beloved is not a serious team under this fool call Wenger.
No need getting upset about things that go on,nothing will change.
Today some people want us to believe Dembele is the real deal :rotf: :rotf: when they have laugh at him and said Ramsey is a better player just because he was playing for Fulham.Oh the same know it all that say Walcrap was better than Auba and Kane is not better then Laca.
So how come after signing Laca we have to go for Auba and send Laca to the bench?
Why did Wenger push Auba on the wing and play Laca in the CF position?
Laca is the French Darren Ben nothing special about him yet you pay 55million ,few months later buy a better CF....
Wenger need to go and carry his friends out of our club enough of this rubbish.
As for those who think only Wenger can coach this club you can stick it where the sun dont shine.


Cech is good to retire no matter how one measures it - his kicking game from a GK for a passing team is deeply concerning.
There seems to be a wanton disregard for team defense - our errors have become as permanent as birth marks & the gaffer could give 2 hoots.
We always play zone defense on setplays even when we're being smoked - AW struggles to delegate, so competent defensive coaches can't really do their work,
Team defense has at its' core - intensity. There's implicit accountability to the collective. We tend to give ball possessors space to play which gives opponent time to exploit space - we end up reacting when we should be proactive seeking to takeway passing options from teams
The Arsene who was forward thinking & brought in DMs to protect Adams,Keown etc doesn't care for DMs anymore. The problem's he has no options to make up for what is the spine of a team defensive setup.
Our old FBs like Dixon & Winterburn have said in their time unfer Graham, part of their jobs was to stop crosses - under AW we let crosses in eventhough we frequently have shorter defenders going against tsller strikers.
One must say Kos barely jumped to head away the cross kane scored from yesterday & our defenders do that a lot
It's time most of the fanbase stop equating calling out AW's list of failures with disrespect - he came & achieved great things but cannot be mentioned in the same breath with the top dogs of today.

_________________
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:27 am
Posts: 13023
pajimoh wrote:
Mugoons, just one last question then I'll leave you all alone to carry on suffering from the beating dished out to you at Wembulee :tic:

I was waitin to hear the goons sing " Xhaka, Laca, boom boom" but I didn't hear anything. Are you sure your fans know the lyrics or is it too complicated to learn, too many words for your brainless lot? :twisted:

To be fair I did hear some chanting "Lacs Laca miss miss" and "Laca Laca sheit sheit" :D :taunt:

u should direct your query at the individual who first mentioned that rubbish

_________________
Quote:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:53 pm
Posts: 9170
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
When Xhaka is "jogging", he looks so lazy...as if someone should be helping him to carry his legs.


He's no. 10 for the Swiss nation - he's not a defensive midfielder - one struggles to understand why we got him - his defensive instincts are very poor & AW mentioned that in his 1st season - seems like high transfer fees makes it difficult to bench him but like you pointed out - he doesn't have the legs to be a box-2-box MF in this league plus you add how rare he connects on a shot - da!!!

_________________
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 36262
Location: Somewhere
tolahs wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
When Xhaka is "jogging", he looks so lazy...as if someone should be helping him to carry his legs.


He's no. 10 for the Swiss nation - he's not a defensive midfielder - one struggles to understand why we got him - his defensive instincts are very poor & AW mentioned that in his 1st season - seems like high transfer fees makes it difficult to bench him but like you pointed out - he doesn't have the legs to be a box-2-box MF in this league plus you add how rare he connects on a shot - da!!!



It is rather baffling that the same AW that refused to accept a hard-nosed, 2-way midfielder like Cesc back "because we already have Ozil", would go and sign Xhaka.

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:30 pm
Posts: 40750
tolahs wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
When Xhaka is "jogging", he looks so lazy...as if someone should be helping him to carry his legs.


He's no. 10 for the Swiss nation - he's not a defensive midfielder - one struggles to understand why we got him - his defensive instincts are very poor & AW mentioned that in his 1st season - seems like high transfer fees makes it difficult to bench him but like you pointed out - he doesn't have the legs to be a box-2-box MF in this league plus you add how rare he connects on a shot - da!!!


Exactly. He's being thrusted into a role he's not suited for. Now, give Wenger some credit, he's funneled players into new roles his whole career so he thinks he sees something. It just isnt working. Heck, Ozil has done a better job distributing from deep than Xhaka. Cut the experiment out. At this point, Coq's gone so the options are limited but he made this bed so he must lie in it.

_________________
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 54216
Location: USA
amafolas wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
bepanda wrote:
Spurs could have scored 5 today and nobody would had a reason to complain.
Cech made lots of "saves", but it was because Spurs shot directly at him. Why the man keeps starting games is another Wenger crap. If his second keeper can't challenge an incompetent starter, why do you keep him? Cech is probably one of the worst keepers in the EPL today. Never seen a #1 keeper make so many errors.
The other real issue with this team is their approach to defense, which is really criminal and will never be fixed by this coaching staff. The cross that went to Kane, there was ZERO pressure on the guy making the cross.
Kos and Mustafi had another bad day in the office today.
Wenger playing with so many offensive players, why do defensive players feel the need to run forward and who is providing cover for them? NOBODY.
When the ball is lost, offensive players need to apply pressure (collectively) to prevent quick passes, while players try to regain their positions.
This coaching staff has run its course. New players won't fix a broken system.
Yea, we can beat Everton ... that's our new barometer.
At least Leicester lost, so 7th place in the league is safe. I'm convinced Burnley will finish ahead of us. Some people are still dreaming of top 4 ... duh !!!
Bepanda
kajifu wrote:
My people beloved is not a serious team under this fool call Wenger.
No need getting upset about things that go on,nothing will change.
Today some people want us to believe Dembele is the real deal :rotf: :rotf: when they have laugh at him and said Ramsey is a better player just because he was playing for Fulham.Oh the same know it all that say Walcrap was better than Auba and Kane is not better then Laca.
So how come after signing Laca we have to go for Auba and send Laca to the bench?
Why did Wenger push Auba on the wing and play Laca in the CF position?
Laca is the French Darren Ben nothing special about him yet you pay 55million ,few months later buy a better CF....
Wenger need to go and carry his friends out of our club enough of this rubbish.
As for those who think only Wenger can coach this club you can stick it where the sun dont shine.


Ozil was supposed to be tracking the crosser. Xhaka appeared to be caught not knowing what to do.
Cech isn't the best, but is it fair to call him the worst when you yourself admit that the defense is atrocious?


https://streamja.com/nz7
Egbon, watch the goal again. Pause it right the time Dembele passes to the crosser. Who or what is Xhaka guarding. Ozil left the crosser to go put in a feeble pointless half-ass tackle on Dembele who had the ball. stupid move, but not fatal. as soon as Ozil leaves to go do that, Xhaka should be seeing the gap left where Ozil vacated and start moving there to close the space. But what does he do. he is ball-watching like a money-paying fan.

compare his movement and awareness to Elneny to his left. Watch how Elneny always positions himself between the guy with the ball and potential passing options, make sure he is adjusting always.



Ahhhhhh never mind

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 54216
Location: USA
At this point Wenger has no clue what kinda team philosophy to adopt. He has such a poor balance and hence the team looks so out of joint .... whatever can’t wait for this wasted season to end :curse:

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 34056
Xhaka this and Xhaka that e don do biko.
Wenger is the issue here not Xhaka biko.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 54216
Location: USA
realtrouble wrote:
Arsenal are 27 points behind Mancity, despite spending over £200 million on players ......shocking



AHEM RT, this ya calculations get K-leg like Azuka’s equations so Biko clarify ya claims nah :taunt: :taunt: :lol: ... if it’s 200million make we do audit nah :woot:

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 28666
100 pages back, a more advanced role for Grannut was suggested and heckled. Xhaka is a top class midfielder misused. But alas, there are bigger fish to fry. 27 points adrift, 30 is a given. The real challenge is, 16/1 for 40 points. Beautiful little earner and with a decent punt, gorgeous. Cash in chaps, Abignale Jr and the Yahoozies are, jump in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 34056
Hmm I was thinking that even if FA decide to deduct 3 points for City 7 games that is 21 points beloved will still be 6 points behind and if they decide to include the game we play City and add the points to us City will still be like 3 points ahead of us.Worst we will still be 6th in the table.
Next year hopefully we will never be this behind to any club.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 36262
Location: Somewhere
kajifu wrote:
Hmm I was thinking that even if FA decide to deduct 3 points for City 7 games that is 21 points beloved will still be 6 points behind and if they decide to include the game we play City and add the points to us City will still be like 3 points ahead of us.Worst we will still be 6th in the table.
Next year hopefully we will never be this behind to any club.



Can you say 'Groundhog Day'?

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:29 am
Posts: 9736
Location: Indiana
Coach wrote:
100 pages back, a more advanced role for Grannut was suggested and heckled. Xhaka is a top class midfielder misused. But alas, there are bigger fish to fry. 27 points adrift, 30 is a given. The real challenge is, 16/1 for 40 points. Beautiful little earner and with a decent punt, gorgeous. Cash in chaps, Abignale Jr and the Yahoozies are, jump in.

What skill does the man have to play a more advanced role. He is at best a good mid-to-long range passer when he has time. He can't dribble, he can't do quick intricate passes, he can't operate in tight spaces, and he is overall physically and mentally slow. Good player at what he does well but bad fit dor the EPL and particularly Arsenal

_________________
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:53 pm
Posts: 9170
Liam Brady on lack of characters considering our poor away records. He also thinks with the new appts - AW has ceded power & is closer to his exit. He thinks despite AW's protestations, Raul Sanllehi's our new T.D.; More than anything though, you can see the disappointment in this legend at our output.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PClxcxNK8_4

_________________
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:53 pm
Posts: 9170
Spurs 1 vs Gooners 0 - tactics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okD4djxcQhg

There's been a lot of to & fro on Ozil, Henrikh etc - their non-impact on the game. I'll tell y'all it won't be much different if ManC
gave the defensive responsibility of the opposing FBs to Silva & KDB. The film above will show Spurs FBs felt comfortable camping in our
half cos they weren't scared of any of our wides's pace....Their coach had industrous players occupy our FBs.
That's an old trick - go back to Ranieri's Chelsea win over us in the CL longtime ago - he'd AC accupied.....i keep saying it, at the highest levels
we need outballs against pressing teams(TW & Ox's pace offensively still not replaced) - it will expands the pitch for our midfielders & spoil Auba with space to spare
The film also points out the importance of Dier - who can switch from DM to central defense at anytime especially when their FBs are on the attack.

_________________
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 54216
Location: USA
I seriously wonder what Krystal Bielik has done to Wenger? He apparently will walk on a free despite never playing badly for the team in the few opportunities he has been given . He is a much better defender than either Callumity or Holding plus more technically gifted and confident in his touches yet we are willing to let him walk for nothing ? This club nah wa sha :curse:

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 346, 347, 348, 349, 350, 351, 352 ... 494  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cruxifixoy2k, Google [Bot], Its a Goal, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 37 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group