The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by paj »

felarey wrote:Mezut Ozil, a Manchester United player :?: :?: :?: :|

http://www.newsweek.com/sport-mancheste ... ews-676500

Manchester United: Jose Mourinho Identifies Arsenal Star as January Target—And He Won’t Cost a Penny

By Tom Roddy On 10/3/17 at 10:27 AM

Jose Mourinho is planning to make a move for Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil in January which would see him move to Old Trafford for free in the summer, according to reports.

The Manchester United manager worked with Ozil at Real Madrid from 2010 through 2013, and is highly confident about convincing him to join him in the north west of England, The Independent says.

Ozil, who joined Arsenal in 2013 for a then club record fee, is free to speak to any club in January as his contract at the Emirates Stadium will expire in the summer.

Keep up with this story and more by subscribing now

Arsenal’s attempts to negotiate a new deal with the 28-year-old German have been unsuccessful, and could lose both him and Alexis Sanchez to Manchester at the start of 2018.

Sanchez’s contract in north London also finishes next summer and Arsenal looks certain to lose him for nothing, despite Manchester City’s deadline day offer of £60 million (about $79 million).

Reports in the summer suggested City forward Raheem Sterling had been part of the deal proposed to Arsenal, as a cash-plus-player offer.

But now Arsene Wenger looks in danger of losing two key players for free.

It would not be the first time the French manager saw his best players move to Manchester. In 2012, Arsenal sold Dutch striker Robin van Persie to United for £24 million, and he went on to win the Premier League title and the Golden Boot in his first year at Old Trafford.

Manchester United, meanwhile, is joint top of the Premier League table with neighbour City heading into the international break. Mourinho’s team has scored an average of three goals a game in the first seven fixtures, conceding just twice.

Arsenal has begun to recover from a poor start to the season with back-to-back victories against West Brom and Brighton and Hove Albion.
Wont happen in January...hope he likes bench duty sha
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

paj wrote:

Manchester United: Jose Mourinho Identifies Arsenal Star as January Target—And He Won’t Cost a Penny

Jose Mourinho is planning to make a move for Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil in January which would see him move to Old Trafford for free in the summer, according to reports.

The Manchester United manager worked with Ozil at Real Madrid from 2010 through 2013, and is highly confident about convincing him to join him in the north west of England, The Independent says.

Ozil, who joined Arsenal in 2013 for a then club record fee, is free to speak to any club in January as his contract at the Emirates Stadium will expire in the summer.

Arsenal’s attempts to negotiate a new deal with the 28-year-old German have been unsuccessful, and could lose both him and Alexis Sanchez to Manchester at the start of 2018.

Sanchez’s contract in north London also finishes next summer and Arsenal looks certain to lose him for nothing, despite Manchester City’s deadline day offer of £60 million (about $79 million).

Reports in the summer suggested City forward Raheem Sterling had been part of the deal proposed to Arsenal, as a cash-plus-player offer.

It would not be the first time the French manager saw his best players move to Manchester. In 2012, Arsenal sold Dutch striker Robin van Persie to United for £24 million, and he went on to win the Premier League title and the Golden Boot in his first year at Old Trafford.

Manchester United, meanwhile, is joint top of the Premier League table with neighbour City heading into the international break. Mourinho’s team has scored an average of three goals a game in the first seven fixtures, conceding just twice.

Arsenal has begun to recover from a poor start to the season with back-to-back victories against West Brom and Brighton and Hove Albion.
The deal has to be completed in the summer. Jose will call him on Jan 1st to tell Wenger to transfer his paperwork immediately. Now I gotta be looking out for Ozil, he would feed Lukaku all day, everyday and enjoy it.

Mezut Ozil, a Manchester United player :?: :?: :?:
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Waffiman wrote:Lacazette!!! :woot: :woot:
Wetin Laca do? :D
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

felarey wrote:
paj wrote:

The deal has to be completed in the summer. Jose will call him on Jan 1st to tell Wenger to transfer his paperwork immediately. Now I gotta be looking out for Ozil, he would feed Lukaku all day, everyday and enjoy it.

Please respect your self,you come to our thread and start calling beloved player a Manchester united player.
We gave you Van Persie and now you want Ozil,why not go get Hazard,Hope inter milan buy him,it will piss me off if he join Jose unless we finish above united till he leave the club.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
amafolas wrote:
Nkume wrote:Anikulapo may get his wish.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490
sell Ozil, pay Alexis. That overrated twerp.

why didn't they sell him earlier? Na dem be twerps. No be the Ozil wey we dey brag say we get, so we refused to take Cesc back? When I said that was wrong, weren't Waffi and his acolytes twerking about Ozil winning us FA cups (while Cesc only managed a mere 2 EPL titles at Chelsea)?

Anyway, even if he goes for free, he has won us many FA cups (Papak, Waffi, Robbynice, etc). He has been a perfect loyal servant...without him, we would not have done all these great things.
They have won silverware and I have no beef with any of them for making the financial demands they are making. I would be a hypocrite, if I do cos I'll do the same in their positions. I have said here many a time I don't blame the players, I blame the club. If you cannot match offers from other clubs, which is in effect the player's demands, sell them and get honest to the fans why you sold them. Do not hold on to them, in the hope you can change their minds, do not let the player's and their Agents give you false promises. Do not bend over backwards to accommodate any player, just get rid or else it becomes worse.

However, there is another side, so long as you have a contract, you must fulfill your obligations as per your contract. This is where I have gripe with Sanchez and Ozil. These players were at the heart of that horrible run last season, Sanchez even started his nonsense the season before. Yes, the question as to why the club put up with such behaviour is relevant, especially when you see how Chelsea dealt with Costa. But it must not remove the fact that these players gave behaved unprofessionally and badly. The club has its faults in this saga, but the players are just as bad and IMHO worse.

I told you guys here that the senior players will not put up with nonsense from any player this season. But the Manager must also make decisions for those who want to stay and play for Arsenal. The dressing room is volatile still and I think Wenger might think it best to be rid of at least one of Ozil or Sanchez. If he can manage it and get performances out of them, then he will keep both.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Robbynice wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Lacazette!!! :woot: :woot:
Wetin Laca do? :D
While they go about Ozil and Sanchez, I am only interested in players who want to stay and play for us.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
amafolas wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:[tweet]
He discussed Mesut Ozil’s availability, and also had this to say about Laurent Koscielny, Alex Iwobi, Francis Coquelin and Danny Welbeck:
on team news…
Mesut Ozil will not be available for Sunday.
on how long Mesut is out for…
Very short-term. He is not far, but he is not enough for Sunday.
on Alex Iwobi…
Alex Iwobi might be available for Sunday, of course Coquelin and Welbeck are not available.
on Laurent Koscielny…
We have a doubt about Laurent Koscielny unfortunately and he will have a test tomorrow. It’s an achilles problem, it’s ongoing. I think everybody else should be available. Sead Kolasinac had some problems, but he is available. That’s basically it.

Read more at https://www.arsenal.com/news/team-news- ... ICJrB0J.99
Read more at https://www.arsenal.com/news/team-news- ... 3c0d6ls.99
[/tweet]
I'd be shocked if Wenger showed the steel to justly bench that parasite for being excess, worthless baggage to the team .... even though it would be the right decision and not frowned upon by Anyone on that team :roll: :roll:

Really need this team to be full strength and firing with Welbeck and Santi at full fitness.
Left to me, Ozil can go. Take his salary and add it to Alexis.

The genius Al-Waffi disagrees :mrgreen: :mrgreen: he says Ozil is with 350k per week and Alexis can take a hike :mrgreen:
Ozil and Sanchez may wear the shirt but they are yesterday's news to me. I don't bother myself with them anymore.

Did you notice Sanchez not joining the group to celebrate Iwobi's goal? He was expecting the group to come to him cos of his assist, but they went to the goal scorer. The goal scorer pointed to him, but he did not join him in celebrating.

I'm glad we are moving on
Haba, Waffi....kai, when you don't like someone, you go to great lengths to disparage them.

THANK YOU, ALEXIS, for the WONDERFUL ASSIST to our boy IWOBI!!!
Arsenal scored a great goal. A beautiful team goal, with key contribution from Sanchez, but the goal was scored by a young player in the team. Why did he not go and celebrate with him like the rest of the team did? That is poor from Sanchez and I will call it out.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

PapaK wrote:This has been one of my quarrels with Wenger, pandering to overrated players who will have no problems stabbing him in the back at the first opportunity. You'll think he would have learnt by now, after many years of betrayals from Flamini to Helen, Adebayor, na$ri, Cesc, Judas, etc. We are 6 pints behind manure on the log because of his obsession with the Ox that achieved nothing in his 6 years with Arsenal. Our team is often unbalanced because he's always trying to fit Ramsey and Özil in the starting lineup. If it is true that he's now looking at the future without Özil and as such is putting Arsenal's interest ahead of the primadonas, that will really be wonderful, and mean that we still have some hope left for this season
My bro, I hear you loud and clear. Even ex players like Keown voiced their concerns on those players.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

kajifu wrote:
felarey wrote:
paj wrote:

Please respect your self,you come to our thread and start calling beloved player a Manchester united player.
We gave you Van Persie and now you want Ozil,why not go get Hazard,Hope inter milan buy him,it will piss me off if he join Jose unless we finish above united till he leave the club.
Beloved player :lol: Just make sure he doesn't get injured with your UEFA football. Utd will pay him whatever he wants, his check is on Woodward's desk right now ready for him to write his own check. Since he's coming on a free, we'll even pay sign-on bonus of 20M if necessary. My advice is Ozil should not talk or listen to anyone at Em-ingrates till May and should not step into any office. Wenger needs to start preparing his free transfer papers in earnest.

P.S. Does he even need any papers??? :lol: Once his contract is done, he should just park his bags and shut the door, we'd use the same aircraft we used to pick up Mata in London to bring him home.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Couldn't care less about whether they did or didn't turn up to dine with the fat falstaffians of London town. If Mesut plays the pass that puts Sanchez clean through in the dying embers of the Europa league final, he's done the needed.

...The same scrotal sacs upset about the missed dinner date, did what last season exactly? Have done what for how many seasons in the league. Run, jump and swallow salt water till the alveoli burst! Messi and Ronaldo combined put Spain in more red than a polycythaemic Kenny Dalglish at a Merseyside derby. How upset were their Spanish teammates? B*llocks to the lot of it, missing a dinner date with Freddie Fat Stomach, won't cost Beloved a Premier League crown come the spring. If they fail to deliver, hopefully those empty wine bottles will be recovered from the recycling bin and broken over each of their, upset attendees and truants alike.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

See Waffi doing the Flippity-Flop and shifting shapes and positions like a drunk amoeba :tic: :taunt: :taunt: Ole wa yo man .... Shebi you don finally open eye ... Yeye slow learner :woot:

No more stats to back up why he is worth 350k per week and gist of how it's almost a done deal :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Waffi Waffi Waffi smh :mrgreen:

Like I said before ... Mezut Ozil is the worst signing in the history of this club ... TUFIAKWA.

Xhacrap is in hot pursuit of that title though :laugh:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:See Waffi doing the Flippity-Flop and shifting shapes and positions like a drunk amoeba :tic: :taunt: :taunt: Ole wa yo man .... Shebi you don finally open eye ... Yeye slow learner :woot:

No more stats to back up why he is worth 350k per week and gist of how it's almost a done deal :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Waffi Waffi Waffi smh :mrgreen:

Like I said before ... Mezut Ozil is the worst signing in the history of this club ... TUFIAKWA.

Arsenal offered Ozil a fantastic package but he has been offered more elsewhere. That's why he will no longer be our player come the end of his Arsenal contract. Simple as that.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:See Waffi doing the Flippity-Flop and shifting shapes and positions like a drunk amoeba :tic: :taunt: :taunt: Ole wa yo man .... Shebi you don finally open eye ... Yeye slow learner :woot:

Arsenal offered Ozil a fantastic package but he has been offered more elsewhere. That's why he will no longer be our player come the end of his Arsenal contract. Simple as that.

Offered more from who? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: China, Zimbabwe or from the voices in ya coconut head :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Waffi give it up biko :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:

You know in all these i have a feeling these two will still be in Arsenal come next season. I have a feeling they will run down there contract and when they are ready to sign ask for some bonus. Look at it this way, it cost us an average of say 50m pounds to replace each. What stops them from saying give us a sign on fee of 20m since it will cost you so and so to replace us and we will sign. Just my thoughts.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

You know in all these i have a feeling these two will still be in Arsenal come next season. I have a feeling they will run down there contract and when they are ready to sign ask for some bonus. Look at it this way, it cost us an average of say 50m pounds to replace each. What stops them from saying give us a sign on fee of 20m since it will cost you so and so to replace us and we will sign. Just my thoughts.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

MLK.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Waffiman wrote:

Can any offer be compared to an opportunity to write his own check? Assanal goofed big time, they should never have allowed things to get to this point. Ozil is a top player for club and country, german at that. Clubs are looking at this saying, if there's no transfer fee, we can afford to compensate him beyond anything he'll get at Assanal. His phone will be blowing up come Jan 1st when he's free to talk to other clubs.

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Seriously? Better still, offer them the 20m today :rotf:

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

felarey wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Can any offer be compared to an opportunity to write his own check? Assanal goofed big time, they should never have allowed things to get to this point. Ozil is a top player for club and country, german at that. Clubs are looking at this saying, if there's no transfer fee, we can afford to compensate him beyond anything he'll get at Assanal. His phone will be blowing up come Jan 1st when he's free to talk to other clubs.
Said it many times already. I don't blame the players, I blame the club.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
felarey wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Said it many times already. I don't blame the players, I blame the club.

So you blame Wenger

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

felarey wrote:
kajifu wrote:
felarey wrote:
paj wrote:

Beloved player :lol: Just make sure he doesn't get injured with your UEFA football. Utd will pay him whatever he wants, his check is on Woodward's desk right now ready for him to write his own check. Since he's coming on a free, we'll even pay sign-on bonus of 20M if necessary. My advice is Ozil should not talk or listen to anyone at Em-ingrates till May and should not step into any office. Wenger needs to start preparing his free transfer papers in earnest.

P.S. Does he even need any papers??? :lol: Once his contract is done, he should just park his bags and shut the door, we'd use the same aircraft we used to pick up Mata in London to bring him home.
He better head to inter,well I don't even care anymore good luck to him.Beloved will move on and I am glad he is leaving just hope Wenger and that boy don't work out any deal.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://www.google.com/amp/metro.co.uk/ ... 78187/amp/

True Gooner Martin Keown keeps it real about the fraud known as Ozil :mrgreen:

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: fa fa fa fawo! That is not true and you know it! Ozil, as sh11t as he is, will no longer be your player because he, like Sanchez, believes that he is better than your club! And you know it!

Your club offered Ox more than Liverpool did and he rejected you, and spat at your collective faces. Fact is that players no longer see Arsenal as a club that is attractive.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?