The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Cito »

Coach wrote:^Does Sanchez need replacing? Move Ngolo Maitland into midfield and push Xhaka further forward. Lacazette, OG Bobby Giroud, Welbeck and Walcott, is a good enough front four to finish 12 points adrift with an FA Cup tucked under the arm. The answer isn't always in a new signing.
Now I know your head is officially away from home. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Cito wrote:
Coach wrote:^Does Sanchez need replacing? Move Ngolo Maitland into midfield and push Xhaka further forward. Lacazette, OG Bobby Giroud, Welbeck and Walcott, is a good enough front four to finish 12 points adrift with an FA Cup tucked under the arm. The answer isn't always in a new signing.
Now I know your head is officially away from home. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You blame coach - Wenger and the boys reach to make any one colo !! very frustrating team to support.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

What time is the game? I just want to remind everyone that we are playing this game on very short turn around time. While Liverpool had more time to rest. Even thought the players against WH in midweek might not feature, it is always time consuming for the whole coaching staff to prepare for the game.
Also, we will be missing a very important player in Olivier Giroud. In case lose today, at least we have two good excuses.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

bepanda wrote:What time is the game? I just want to remind everyone that we are playing this game on very short turn around time. While Liverpool had more time to rest. Even thought the players against WH in midweek might not feature, it is always time consuming for the whole coaching staff to prepare for the game.
Also, we will be missing a very important player in Olivier Giroud. In case lose today, at least we have two good excuses.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: na so ...no let my bro waffi catch you o, you are trying to usurp his position , thats treason.

...Socrates
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Arsenal for life.

Wengerbe is a Living Legend!

COYGs
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
bepanda wrote:What time is the game? I just want to remind everyone that we are playing this game on very short turn around time. While Liverpool had more time to rest. Even thought the players against WH in midweek might not feature, it is always time consuming for the whole coaching staff to prepare for the game.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: na so ...no let my bro waffi catch you o, you are trying to usurp his position , thats treason.
Klopp don fire first shots. He says Arsenal was wasting Ox's skills :lol: :lol: :lol:

make Klopp take time o. He was a Kanu-wannabe, when Oga Wenger was Kanu's boss.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Ozil, Xhaka and Wilshere will be the ones to win this game for us today, if they retain the ball well and don't lose the ball in areas where Salah and Mane and counter-attack we should have too much for Liverpool...
To God be the glory
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Skylolo wrote:Ozil, Xhaka and Wilshere will be the ones to win this game for us today, if they retain the ball well and don't lose the ball in areas where Salah and Mane and counter-attack we should have too much for Liverpool...
kpom..add Alexis to that list and yes na the area and timing and position of the other team members when you lose the ball.

That Salah and Mane pace na helele !!

...Socrates
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Skylolo wrote:Ozil, Xhaka and Wilshere will be the ones to win this game for us today, if they retain the ball well and don't lose the ball in areas where Salah and Mane and counter-attack we should have too much for Liverpool...
kpom..add Alexis to that list and yes na the area and timing and position of the other team members when you lose the ball.

That Salah and Mane pace na helele !!
How did I forget him, he has been turning the ball over all season so far and annoyingly recently with some uneccessary flicks!

We need a performance from him today.

We need to start well too..
To God be the glory
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

We just have to beat this liverpool,they are not as good as us.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Considering that was one that worst managerial displays in recent memory by AW,arsenal will gladly take the point.

You see that selection, you see that performance, you see 0 adjustments. That is Kevin Keegan levels of washed display from "erudite" Wenger.

Don't let 4 minute spell fool you, AW has not a damn clue about how fix dire state of his midfield.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Considering that was one that worst managerial displays in recent memory by AW,arsenal will gladly take the point.

You see that selection, you see that performance, you see 0 adjustments. That is Kevin Keegan levels of washed display from "erudite" Wenger.

Don't let 4 minute spell fool you, AW has not a damn clue about how fix dire state of his midfield.

:agree: :clap:
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

We dodged a bullet but 1 of 6 pts is a beatdown. pathetic defensive setup - our gaffer is gambling. How lond do we keep up with a man not ready
make bold calls that will benefit the club.

http://football-talk.co.uk/132608/video ... -thriller/
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Considering that was one that worst managerial displays in recent memory by AW,arsenal will gladly take the point.

In the first half, the midfield 2 i.e. Jack and Xhak were clearly sitting too deep. Almost everyone saw it. Considering the opponent and the fact that the midfield personnel seems to miss Ramsey, the best bet should have been to attack Liverpool's own clear weaknesses which Arsenal did a much better job of in the 2nd 45. Post game, Arsene said he never instructed the midfield to sit that deep and that they seemed scared.
At any rate, that was a diabolical showing for the most part....and not just from Arsenal.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

platinum wrote:

In the first half, the midfield 2 i.e. Jack and Xhak were clearly sitting too deep. Almost everyone saw it. Considering the opponent and the fact that the midfield personnel seems to miss Ramsey, the best bet should have been to attack Liverpool's own clear weaknesses which Arsenal did a much better job of in the 2nd 45. Post game, Arsene said he never instructed the midfield to sit that deep and that they seemed scared.
At any rate, that was a diabolical showing for the most part....and not just from Arsenal.
Not sure what was worse Arsenal naivety prior to Sanchez goal or after the Ozil goal. A modicum of composure, discipline and intelligence and Arsenal score 1 or 2 more goals and complete the unlikely comeback. Instead even at 3-2 it was bedlam, the stupidity of Wenger teams is a never ending story, from intelligence and composure POV AW teams in the Emirates era are a complete and total embarrassment.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

The midfield sat too deep and Wenger sat on the bench warming up his hand ... like Bepanda on his computer. Who The F. is in charge of this team? Can't he get up and tell them to fix their sh*&? Why is he in the stadium? Why is he getting paid? Who set up this team?
Bepanda
platinum wrote:
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

We will have to do something in January to breathe some life into this team...

Leicester have 2 players that can help us, Ndidi and Mahrez (Who we should have signed in the summer)
To God be the glory
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Skylolo wrote:We will have to do something in January to breathe some life into this team...

Leicester have 2 players that can help us, Ndidi and Mahrez (Who we should have signed in the summer)
It'd take record numbers to price even one of those guys from Leicester. They see themselves as rivals of Arsenal, they're not interested 9n strengthening a rival. As much as I've been saying Arsenal needs to break the bank for Ndidi especially, my bet is the guy has a good world cup and heads to a side that isnt Arsenal.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

platinum wrote:
Skylolo wrote:We will have to do something in January to breathe some life into this team...

It'd take record numbers to price even one of those guys from Leicester. They see themselves as rivals of Arsenal, they're not interested 9n strengthening a rival. As much as I've been saying Arsenal needs to break the bank for Ndidi especially, my bet is the guy has a good world cup and heads to a side that isnt Arsenal.

the man who gets 8 million/yr as coach for life isn't bothered. Ndidi should stay as far away from AW as possible. He will become another Coq.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Who will ndidi replace and did you seriously just mention mahrez? :woot: :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Skylo, presumably you missed the latest development, Jack is Back...never mind the consummate ease with which, time after time, midfield runners were showing him a cleaner pair of heels than a sales assistant in Clarkes, Jack is Back. A yard or two of pace depleted but...there was a sweeping, side switching pass from right to left yesterday to launch a counter, that suggests all will be well in midfield. Ndidi is unnecessary and in one's own opinion, should stay put for a season more. Theres a terrible fate that befalls many young Nigerians stumbling into gold bullion so soon. Musa cant be asked, Kelechi's hardly tearing up the daisies to make it past fourth choice, Success is paying over the going rate to get sucked off. Ndidi should settle, mature and then move if need be. Time is still plentiful and the consistency with which big moves for his brethren have backfired of late, cannot be overlooked. As for the need for his acquisition, wasn't El Neny supposedly superb a few months back and now Ngolo Maitland is almost better than Kante, is Ndidi necessary? To achieve what? The league is gone, the Champions league was never there, the Europa perhaps?
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

tolahs wrote:We dodged a bullet but 1 of 6 pts is a beatdown. pathetic defensive setup - our gaffer is gambling. How lond do we keep up with a man not ready
make bold calls that will benefit the club.

http://football-talk.co.uk/132608/video ... -thriller/
Why did Xhaka(not the first time) and Wilshire stop after tracking Coutinho so well for the first goal
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:

the man who gets 8 million/yr as coach for life isn't bothered. Ndidi should stay as far away from AW as possible. He will become another Coq.
True....Arsenal's main problem is management. How many players have they signed already without any changes? Gabriel was a top defender at villarreal(under marcelino) and then he came to Arsenal(under wenger) and he started playing $#%. Arsenal sold him to Valencia(under marcelino) and he is one of the best defenders in laliga right now. Mustafi was a decent centre back(in a poor valencia team at that time). Bellerin had some teething problems when he started then exploded but it seems like the more time he is spending with the first team the more he is regressing. All this is happening whilst arsenal is struggling with the a century old problem of organizing a decent and consistent defense. I remember last year when arsenal was beating chelsea(3-0 i think) and I thought Iwobi was going to be one of arsenal next superstars but instead he regressed to a point whereby i think it will be better for him to leave arsenal in order for him to develop onto something resembling a top player(i still believe OX made a good decision). Arsene is no longer capable of developing young players. The eye for talent is still there but he is no longer capable of turning them onto decent players. He is also regressing as a manager....he cant organize his defense and that problem is also evident in how that midfield is continuing to be more shittier and shittier.