The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kenmega
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by kenmega »

Thank you Arsene Wenger for all the memories you have created in the Premier League for Arsenal while I suffered these moments as a Spurs fan.

All the best
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Waffiman wrote: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is very classy from Nottingham :clap: :clap:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

:biggrin:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Why oh why did Wenger wait so many years to sign Abumeyang .... Diffident, Dithering Old man ...: Oya imagine what this team could’ve been the year Leicester won it all if we had signed Abu and VVD :curse: :curse:
You don't buy players with words. You pay serious money for them.

And 43 million for a parasite na wetin ??

50 and 55 million for two strikers na wetin?

33 million for Mustafi and 39 million for Xhacrap na wetin?

Waffi stop already biko
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Why oh why did Wenger wait so many years to sign Abumeyang .... Diffident, Dithering Old man ...: Oya imagine what this team could’ve been the year Leicester won it all if we had signed Abu and VVD :curse: :curse:

Waffi told Wenger that Walcott was a better player, who always came back like a new signing after injuries :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Waffi is a lost cause smh
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

“They’re all over the place. The problem is nowadays is you can’t keep anything quiet. So you almost have a live update on the process unfortunately.

“If you look at Arsenal and you talk about Luis Enrique, they found out he wanted too much money. What, they found out after they approached him he wanted too much money?

“These things should be done. I don’t know the hierarchy at Arsenal in terms of who deals with it now, but to me it seems to me they’ve not dealt with it particularly well.

“They should have their guy lined up ready to go. To me it’s a mess since he said he’s going.”
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Doesn't matter how long it takes to sign a coach. Just sign the right coach. That's all fans want. Don't go for cheap solutions.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Waffi stop already biko
So what. Arsenal had to sell and build up to spend any money. We are not Man City. Every Time they enquired, they got priced out of it. When they got their strikers they got them for considerably less than they were a year or two before.

Wenger is gone, let's see how they spend this money from now on. Many of you here do not understand this football club. The Committee man who took all the flak is gone. Now you all should be ready to face the realities you all placed at Wenger's door.

It was always all Wenger's fault, my position about it not being all his fault has come out since the announcement. IMHO, This football club know their man. It is a done deal, but he is not this high profile big Coach all you Wenger out lot wanted. So they are playing the PR game cos they need ST monies in the bank first. They keep on linking the club to big name Managers, but no big name Manager will put his reputation on the line to work on a shoe string budget.

Already, I can see a lot of the Wenger out lot, who were stupid enough to believe a big name will come and he will get all the money saying if we are going to get Arteta or Vieira, why did we not keep Wenger? That's how deluded some of these f00ls have been.

I don't care what happens, I will defend the club and the next man to the hilt. I am Arsenal, in my DNA.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Isn’t the transfer window opening soon? With no coach yet I guess there are no recruitment plans right :laugh:

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Waffi stop already biko
To be fair you also sign players when you have elite football people leading negotiations i.e David Dein.

Between AW dithering and d#$% Law utter incompetence it was the perfect combo for one piss poor summer widow after another.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

bepanda wrote:Doesn't matter how long it takes to sign a coach. Just sign the right coach. That's all fans want. Don't go for cheap solutions.
“It will actually just be nice having someone else to moan about when things go wrong.” :D
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Waffi stop already biko
To be fair you also sign players when you have elite football people leading negotiations i.e David Dein.

Between AW dithering and d#$% Law utter incompetence it was the perfect combo for one piss poor summer widow after another.
Oh! You forgot the most important part. One reason, Dein was forced out was because he offered Ashley Cole £5,000 a week more than the Board asked him to.

Also, how much money were they given for these negotiations? According to Ken Friar, not a lot.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Why can't they just announce the new coach on Monday and sign players before the start of the World cup?

Well it is Arsenal, the excuses are pre planned.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Did you see the Banner? Kroenke is next to go ... if he doesn't get it right!!!
Thunder wrote:
bepanda wrote:Doesn't matter how long it takes to sign a coach. Just sign the right coach. That's all fans want. Don't go for cheap solutions.
“It will actually just be nice having someone else to moan about when things go wrong.” :D
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Waffi stop already biko

Oh! You forgot the most important part. One reason, Dein was forced out was because he offered Ashley Cole £5,000 a week more than the Board asked him to.

Also, how much money were they given for these negotiations? According to Ken Friar, not a lot.

This man why do you tell so many fables ..., are you saying Dein was forced out over Cole now???

Jesu this man na wa :lol: :lol:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Waffi stop already biko

This man why do you tell so many fables ..., are you saying Dein was forced out over Cole now???

The problem is you were too busy supporting Real Madrid then to notice. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

We all saw the minutes of the Board meeting that came to the enquiry that was set up after Arsenal reported Chelsea for an illegal approach for Cole.

What the enquiry revealed from the minutes of the Board meeting was a clear division in the Arsenal Board. The Board were clear in their financial terms for Cole, but his Agent refused, Dein then persuaded him to accept a much lower offer than what Chelsea put on the table for Cole, but the problem was it was £5,000 per week more than what the Arsenal Board were willing to pay. When Dein presented his proposal to the Board, his main enemy then was Edelman, he led the revolt, with Hill-wood, Sir Chips, Lady Nina and the other one I forget his name, refusing to agree the deal. Danny joined them and Dein found himself isolated, and asked to resign. It was then Wenger famously stepped in and asked the Board, so you are willing to lose Ashley Cole because of an extra £5,000 per week. They voted yes.

I know you support Real Madrid, but you need to do some serious work to talk Arsenal with me.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Arsenal turnover grew from £21 million in 1996 when Arsene Wenger was appointed as Manager to £422.8 million in 2017.

The accounts do not lie. At any level, Wenger was unbelievable. I am just glad I was there to witness it all in person. Can't thank the man enough.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Mister Dolly wrote:Iwobi is such a lazy player. Does he ever track back or he just doesn't feel like doing any defensive duties
A weakness in his game that he is working on. He will get better.

ObamaYoung scores again....choi, and Waffi was deceiving us that Walcott was a better player :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
I never said that and you know it. Besides, one is a striker, the other is not. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

But my bro, it is the next man, I am interested in. The dynamics are fascinating. My Arsenal WhatsApp groups are buzzing with all sorts of rumours. But I have broken it down..

Adidas are the next shirt sponsors and they are paying a record amount for their deal. Wird is, other Sponsors will not accept a low profile Coach too. So the money men will not be happy to see a low profile replacement for Wenger but they do not run the club.

But for me, I look at another development from yesterday. The highest positions next to Wenger have all been sacked. Bora is Wenger's right hand man, so he goes with him. Tony Colbert, Gerry Peyton and Neil Banfield they are the casualties. 

My educated guess is, the next man and the Board have agreed. The rest have been sacked and Freddy returns. Such a move indicates only a top Coach will demand those changes, clearing the way for the senior coaching places (e.g. goal keeping, Assistant, fitness and 2nd Assistant) being his people.

But you can also argue, they had to go, cos they will intimidate a young Coach. It is a good arguement but in the circumstances, I go for the former scenario.

This is why, I think Allegri is the man if the club want to spend the money. It all comes down to Arsenal spending the money.

I am convinced Arsenal have their man, they will announce it when it is best for the club's interests. But who is it?

Allegri will not risk his reputation if he does not get an input on transfers and a transfer war chest to challenge.

Arsenal will have to pay a salary of at least £5m, for 3 years. With that outlay on salary, you must back it up with a transfer war chest of a minimum, £150m. Will Arsenal make such a commitment? I have reasons to doubt it but it is financially viable, if you study the club's accounts.

But if the Board refuse to spend money, which is a strong possibility. For me, Arsenal will go for a young Coach, not a Manager. One that will see things their way. A Yes Man, am afraid. People like Allegri will not be 'Yes Men'.

As Ken Friar confirmed, Wenger was effectively a Committee Manager, who got by on what the Board put on the table for players. He said, "Arsene, we only have £5m or maximum £50m, Arsene never moaned, he just got on with it". If they want that sort of man, he will not be a top coach.

Will Arsenal's financial approach change? You have to say they pressure is on for change. If they do not, and it all goes wrong, there will be a nlood on the carpet. If they decide to gamble by saving money with a 'moneyball' approach, then they will go for a young manager who is willing to work to their conditions.

My guess is, it will be one of Vieira, Arteta, Nagelsmann and Buvac.

If you say place a bet right now. My money is on Buvac.

So depending on the Arsenal Board, it will be down to 2 men. Spend money, you get Allegri. If you do not spend money, you get Buvac or one of the low profile candidates.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Waffiman wrote:Arsenal turnover grew from £21 million in 1996 when Arsene Wenger was appointed as Manager to £422.8 million in 2017.

The accounts do not lie. At any level, Wenger was unbelievable. I am just glad I was there to witness it all in person. Can't thank the man enough.
Fans care about trophies.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Arsenal turnover grew from £21 million in 1996 when Arsene Wenger was appointed as Manager to £422.8 million in 2017.

Fans care about trophies.
He won no trophies. :lol: :lol: :lol:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Waffi stop already biko

The problem is you were too busy supporting Real Madrid then to notice. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

We all saw the minutes of the Board meeting that came to the enquiry that was set up after Arsenal reported Chelsea for an illegal approach for Cole.

What the enquiry revealed from the minutes of the Board meeting was a clear division in the Arsenal Board. The Board were clear in their financial terms for Cole, but his Agent refused, Dein then persuaded him to accept a much lower offer than what Chelsea put on the table for Cole, but the problem was it was £5,000 per week more than what the Arsenal Board were willing to pay. When Dein presented his proposal to the Board, his main enemy then was Edelman, he led the revolt, with Hill-wood, Sir Chips, Lady Nina and the other one I forget his name, refusing to agree the deal. Danny joined them and Dein found himself isolated, and asked to resign. It was then Wenger famously stepped in and asked the Board, so you are willing to lose Ashley Cole because of an extra £5,000 per week. They voted yes.

I know you support Real Madrid, but you need to do some serious work to talk Arsenal with me.

You are talking nonsense my good man. That was not why Dein left the board. ANWYAY why do I even bother smh .. even the most myopic know it’s because of who he wanted to bring onto the board and consequently bring more money into the club .... Your nonsense is becoming predictable and tedious ..., Imagine Dein left because of the Cashley drama :rotf: :rotf:

Wow Waffi you’ve surpassed yourself this time :rotf:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/ill-nev ... 73126.html

Read this interview with old manager Peter Hill-Wood, and even though it’s quite dated it gives you the foundation and tells you how personal shyt was bye Members on the board and Dein.

For Waffi to come here with some BS AND SAY it was over Cashley is sheer madness. Funny enough he was singing a different tune less than a fortnight ago on these same pages :rotf:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Hill-Wood also had to fly to America to meet Kroenke. "I thought he was perfectly decent. The only thing that disappointed me was that he wouldn't tell me what he wanted to do. I think he got involved on a misunderstanding - I think he was surprised we were opposed to his involvement and we sacked David."

On the detail behind Dein's going, he won't be drawn. "He didn't introduce us to Stan Kroenke and then he denied he'd had anything to do with him," says the chairman.

When pressed further he sticks to the official version of "irreconcilable differences" between the board and Dein. When I badger him more, he gets visibly irritated. It's clear, however, the schism runs deep and is personal.

When was the last occasion he saw Dein? "The day I fired him."

Was it Hill-Wood's saddest day at Arsenal? "No. It was the saddest for Dein."

Will he ever make his peace? "I will not get involved with him again - I will avoid it if I can help it."
Yeah sure he resigned and sure it was over Cashley :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You see how Waffis, Fabu’s and fables come back to haunt him :rotf:

Yeye man :mrgreen:

MLK.