The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by theYemster »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Still Waffi sighting :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :D :D I guess he is still looking for WiFi service :woot:
Why are you so excited? We lost. :( :(

Are you ok? How does pointing out ya hypocrisy and duplicity equal being happy about a loss to Mourinho, of all people? You no serious
Isn't that the same logic you both use to attack me?

Bloody hypocrite.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:I know I get blasted for this but....

This team is starting to click, I know hyperbolic. over the top, woe is me reactions will dominate narrative among Gooners but this team is very close to being a legit PL contender.

Frankly don't mind adversity,Arsenal reaction to this defeat will be a litmus test, a good december run will show this is not same old, collapse at 1st hint of adversity Arsenal. Enough signs today to show quality not in question, now simple matter of players showing they won't allow negative energy to affect their performance.

Onward and upward Gunners.
"Starting to click", after the league has been won and lost...again. Talk about locking the stable after the horses have fled. You'll be here spewing the exact same shhit next season. Of course quality (on the pitch) isn't in question...been saying that since God spoke to Moses.

You're right, you oughta get blasted for this. Pfft!

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Hmmm multiple reports say Nzonzi is in London after failing out with his club in Spain... please pease God
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

theYemster wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Still Waffi sighting :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :D :D I guess he is still looking for WiFi service :woot:

Are you ok? How does pointing out ya hypocrisy and duplicity equal being happy about a loss to Mourinho, of all people? You no serious

Bloody hypocrite.

Look at this foolish twat .... you only show up to gloat when the Arsenal suffer a setback and hide in your sewer when things go well ... so yeah there is a clear difference ode
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:Zelalem ruptured his cruciate ligaments and he is on the long journey back to full fitness.

It is wrong to laugh at the plight of the unfortunate chap.

stop being mischievous. He wasn't exactly tearing up the league before his unfortunate injury. I wish him the best.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

theYemster wrote:

This team is starting to click, I know hyperbolic. over the top, woe is me reactions will dominate narrative among Gooners but this team is very close to being a legit PL contender.

Frankly don't mind adversity,Arsenal reaction to this defeat will be a litmus test, a good december run will show this is not same old, collapse at 1st hint of adversity Arsenal. Enough signs today to show quality not in question, now simple matter of players showing they won't allow negative energy to affect their performance.

"Starting to click", after the league has been won and lost...again. Talk about locking the stable after the horses have fled. You'll be here spewing the exact same shhit next season. Of course quality (on the pitch) isn't in question...been saying that since God spoke to Moses.

You're right, you oughta get blasted for this. Pfft!
Let's get something straight, said well back in July Man City would win 17/18 PL title on a canter. Man City this season like Man Utd in 99/00, 00-01, Arsenal in 03-04 the destination of the PL title is fait accompli.

Arsenal have not looked this in sync offensively since Hleb, Cesc, Rosicky, Adebayor and RVP dawned the cannon. Last 6 weeks this has not been the side to side, trying to walk the ball into the net Arsenal, it's quick, fluid, aggressive and opponents are struggling mightily to cope with Arsenal attacking prowess.

As I said in my post Arsenal will have to prove in december if this just a fade or something with legit staying power, something they can carry into coming seasons. Will they evolve into legit perennial contenders i.e Arsenal post 00-99, 00-01 campaigns when they finished 18 and 10 points behind PL champs Man Utd, or will they go they way of 07-08 side who imploded following Eduardo injury and were never legit PL contenders again.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Starting to click and then sell your two top offensive players in January and restart the
click development process
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:Hmmm multiple reports say Nzonzi is in London after failing out with his club in Spain... please pease God
The word is they stopped the transfer in the summer. But Seville are out of the CL now and the rumour is we will be triggering the release clause in his contract.

Other clubs also interested.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Hmmm multiple reports say Nzonzi is in London after failing out with his club in Spain... please pease God
The word is they stopped the transfer in the summer. But Seville are out of the CL now and the rumour is we will be triggering the release clause in his contract.

If I dad to guess Everton seems a more likely destination for N'Zonzi
Detective Bunk Moreland

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:

Seville are 2nd in their group.

Reports are some teams willing meet release clause of 35 mill and give a N'Zonzi a hefty pay rise. Again my guess this is Moshiri and Everton making a move for N'zonzi.
Detective Bunk Moreland

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

He's 29 years old. How many players of that age has Arsene bought in the last decade?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Let's get something straight, said well back in July Man City would win 17/18 PL title on a canter. Man City this season like Man Utd in 99/00, 00-01, Arsenal in 03-04 the destination of the PL title is fait accompli.

Arsenal have not looked this in sync offensively since Hleb, Cesc, Rosicky, Adebayor and RVP dawned the cannon. Last 6 weeks this has not been the side to side, trying to walk the ball into the net Arsenal, it's quick, fluid, aggressive and opponents are struggling mightily to cope with Arsenal attacking prowess.

As I said in my post Arsenal will have to prove in december if this just a fade or something with legit staying power, something they can carry into coming seasons. Will they evolve into legit perennial contenders i.e Arsenal post 00-99, 00-01 campaigns when they finished 18 and 10 points behind PL champs Man Utd, or will they go they way of 07-08 side who imploded following Eduardo injury and were never legit PL contenders again.
It is clear the are developing a new way to compete with petro dollars, as they cannot compete financially.

Recent changes and recruitments in the backroom staff makes manifest of this. For example since Dein left the club, his role as negotiator with the contacts to convince the top players to join has been done with little success by Law, Wenger, Gazidis etc etc. But none of these guys have the know how and skill set of Dein. The has finally addressed this problem with Sahel from Barca.

You are spot on about the tactical changes and how we also have a new style of play. You are right it is beginning to click.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Seville are 2nd in their group.

Reports are some teams willing meet release clause of 35 mill and give a N'Zonzi a hefty pay rise. Again my guess this is Moshiri and Everton making a move for N'zonzi.
Sorry my bad about Nzonzi. I had him confused with another player.

Everton are trying really hard but if we are truly interested in the player, they will not get him ahead of us.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

platinum wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

He's 29 years old. How many players of that age has Arsene bought in the last decade?
Wenger has bought older pros of recent. Arteta and Per were not spring chickens. Going forward, we need experienced hardened pros, especially in defensive positions.

Nzonzi has improved immensely since leaving the EPL.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Zelalem ruptured his cruciate ligaments and he is on the long journey back to full fitness.

It is wrong to laugh at the plight of the unfortunate chap.

stop being mischievous. He wasn't exactly tearing up the league before his unfortunate injury. I wish him the best.
Doing very well in the youth team and training with senior players regularly before his unfortunate injury.

If was fit, he would have been playing regular Europa league football.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Nothing hypocritical about me. You wrote your team off before the derby. I rightly called you out. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

See waffis slow learning mouf talking about Nzonzi now after all the rubbish you’ve been spewing act proven failures like Xhacrap , Ramshyt and le Coq .... you na wah :woot: :taunt: TYPICAL :mrgreen:

#SLOWLEARNER :taunt: :taunt:
Last edited by anikulapo on Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Nothing hypocritical about me. You wrote your team off before the derby. I rightly called you out. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
How does asking a question equal writing your team off? Again, I ask ? are you ok???

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I would sure love in the summer to have a reborn Kondogbia pairing Nzonzi in our midfield :thumb:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:I would sure love in the summer to have a reborn Kondogbia pairing Nzonzi in our midfield :thumb:
I have always liked Kondogbia from his youth days, but he messed himself up when he went to Inter. He really wasted himself there.

He is playing well again but we are also seeing the money grabbing ways that saw him go to Inter resurfacing. His brother, who is now his new Agent, has been busy hawking him to EPL clubs and he has only just started playing for Valencia.

He will mess up again.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

anikulapo wrote:
theYemster wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Bloody hypocrite.

Look at this foolish twat .... you only show up to gloat when the Arsenal suffer a setback and hide in your sewer when things go well ... so yeah there is a clear difference ode
Go well? I guess I must've been hiding since 2004 then.

You think I care to "gloat" about this loss? Dude I'm all about EPL titles not just beating United (though it's a nice bonus to spank them); but in case you don't know someone else has run away with the league...regardless of the result of this match.

Mschew!

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:I would sure love in the summer to have a reborn Kondogbia pairing Nzonzi in our midfield :thumb:
I have always liked Kondogbia from his youth days, but he messed himself up when he went to Inter. He really wasted himself there.

He is playing well again but we are also seeing the money grabbing ways that saw him go to Inter resurfacing. His brother, who is now his new Agent, has been busy hawking him to EPL clubs and he has only just started playing for Valencia.

He will mess up again.

Ahem Nzonzi nko? I see how you tried to run away and divert :taunt: :taunt: remember ya past comments have been saved :woot: :laugh:

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Wenger has bought older pros of recent. Arteta and Per were not spring chickens. Going forward, we need experienced hardened pros, especially in defensive positions.

Nzonzi has improved immensely since leaving the EPL.

Arteta is a good one. He was also 29 I believe. Per was 26 or so. Prime age.

I don't know that it's so much an improvement with Nzonzi. I think it's more a factor of him being where he can express himself. That Blackburn team had some 'under the radar' ball players.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”