Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:52 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 494  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:37 pm
Posts: 16783
Shows how out of touch wenger is.
Arsenal already has Welbeck, Walcott, Giroud and Sanchez but he thinks strikers are what this team is missing?
What Arsenal needs is a rock solid centre half , a top tier right back and a DM. Not more flipping strikers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:05 pm
Posts: 3725
What is Arsenal's plans for Nwakali ? Do they have plans for him to compete for a shirt with the first team or loan him out again. I pray if they want to loan him out it should be one of the reputable clubs in Europe. There is no doubt about it, the boy has all the attributes to play for one of the big club. Hopefully his agent knows the right thing to do for the boy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:13 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 47779
bully12 wrote:
What is Arsenal's plans for Nwakali ? Do they have plans for him to compete for a shirt with the first team or loan him out again. I pray if they want to loan him out it should be one of the reputable clubs in Europe. There is no doubt about it, the boy has all the attributes to play for one of the big club. Hopefully his agent knows the right thing to do for the boy.

According to rumours, work permit application rejected. Arsenal has appealed.

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius

Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:14 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 47779
smartbrother wrote:
Shows how out of touch wenger is.
Arsenal already has Welbeck, Walcott, Giroud and Sanchez but he thinks strikers are what this team is missing?
What Arsenal needs is a rock solid centre half , a top tier right back and a DM. Not more flipping strikers

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

This is hilarious.

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius

Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:19 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 47779
According to L'Equipe, Arsenal's bid for Lemar was close to €46m (£40m) with add-ons.

They claim €52m (£45m) Will see some movement. Arsenal not far off if they are correct.

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius

Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:54 pm
Posts: 16150
Location: Ray's Boom-Boom Room
Waffiman wrote:
According to L'Equipe, Arsenal's bid for Lemar was close to €46m (£40m) with add-ons.

They claim €52m (£45m) Will see some movement. Arsenal not far off if they are correct.


Good stuff Waffi...I hope we can push this one through as well.

My only slight worry is there are no outgoings so far, with Lacazette coming in there is a lot of interest in Giroud and understandably so but Walcott is the one that needs to leave imho. Tactically I'd like us to retain the Giroud option to change games.

_________________
To God be the glory


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:17 pm
Posts: 7333
But Sanchez is leaving and Walcott is not going to stay. Arsenal (Walmart owner) cannot meet Sanchez demands.
Sanchez will be sold, if Wenger is willing to pay so much money for some of these guys.
Welbeck is just not good enough for Arsenal. I'm glad Wenger finally sees it. Neither is Walcott.

Bepanda
smartbrother wrote:
Shows how out of touch wenger is.
Arsenal already has Welbeck, Walcott, Giroud and Sanchez but he thinks strikers are what this team is missing?
What Arsenal needs is a rock solid centre half , a top tier right back and a DM. Not more flipping strikers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 35160
Location: Somewhere
This is the season! Come May, Beloved will lift the title, according to Coach. This year, I am with him on that. FA Cup will be jara on top.

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 35160
Location: Somewhere
Waffi:

I keep asking this serious question and nobody seems to be able to answer. Who does Lemar displace?

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 42609
Location: Akoko Highlands
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
This is the season! Come May, Beloved will lift the title, according to Coach. This year, I am with him on that. FA Cup will be jara on top.



Man U, Man C, Chelsea and Liverpool are raking up too. So which cup will Arsenal be lifting? Surely not the EPL.

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 35160
Location: Somewhere
balo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
This is the season! Come May, Beloved will lift the title, according to Coach. This year, I am with him on that. FA Cup will be jara on top.



Man U, Man C, Chelsea and Liverpool are raking up too. So which cup will Arsenal be lifting? Surely not the EPL.


Let them rake. Anyway, I will let Coach explain to you. I no sabi Shakespeare language.

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:20 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 43596
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
theYemster wrote:
Cito wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
My fellow Gooners, I open this thread with my typical optimism and hope for next season. I am confident if Arsenal get all their first choice targets, we will at last be genuine contenders for the title next season. But, many of you here will of course disagree. Fair enough, the game is what it is. We all love The Arsenal and are frustrated with the ways things have panned out in the last two seasons. I say, it will be 3rd time lucky, so I am keeping everything crossed.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!

Did you get permission from Cally before opening this thread? :D

Does it matter? Just copy and paste the contents of the threads from the last three seasons and you won't know the difference.

:D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :P

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:27 am
Posts: 12974
Waffiman wrote:
My fellow Gooners, I open this thread with my typical optimism and hope for next season. I am confident if Arsenal get all their first choice targets, we will at last be genuine contenders for the title next season. But, many of you here will of course disagree. Fair enough, the game is what it is. We all love The Arsenal and are frustrated with the ways things have panned out in the last two seasons. I say, it will be 3rd time lucky, so I am keeping everything crossed.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!

third time lucky wetin...? wenger was never in the race for competing for the title, so i don't know what u are talking about.
to win u need the right players, leaders on the pitch, tactical awareness and strategy for each opponent u face, plus a little luck, which u make thru hard work. i don't see that in wenger, i don't see that in his team and i don't see that in his vision
....it's business as usual...his target is top 4
let me put this on record......ARSENE WENGER HAS NO CHANCE IN WINNING THE EPL.....POINT BLANK PERIOD

_________________
Quote:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:27 am
Posts: 12974
Cellular wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Cito wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
My fellow Gooners, I open this thread with my typical optimism and hope for next season. I am confident if Arsenal get all their first choice targets, we will at last be genuine contenders for the title next season. But, many of you here will of course disagree. Fair enough, the game is what it is. We all love The Arsenal and are frustrated with the ways things have panned out in the last two seasons. I say, it will be 3rd time lucky, so I am keeping everything crossed.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!

Did you get permission from Cally before opening this thread? :D

Does it matter? Just copy and paste the contents of the threads from the last three seasons and you won't know the difference.

:D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :P

Cally wrote:
Fellow gunners/gooners, 2015-2016 season turned out to be a frustrating one for us.

Here's to a more fruitful and successful 2016-2017 season. It's time for a new thread, with your permission.

If you have issues and rants relating to the past season, feel free to go back to the other thread. Let's discuss rumors, actuals, and the way forward in this new thread.

Best regards...

if u want to know what's in store for the new season.....copy and paste the threads from the last season :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
Quote:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:37 pm
Posts: 16783
bepanda wrote:
But Sanchez is leaving and Walcott is not going to stay. Arsenal (Walmart owner) cannot meet Sanchez demands.
Sanchez will be sold, if Wenger is willing to pay so much money for some of these guys.
Welbeck is just not good enough for Arsenal. I'm glad Wenger finally sees it. Neither is Walcott.

Bepanda
smartbrother wrote:
Shows how out of touch wenger is.
Arsenal already has Welbeck, Walcott, Giroud and Sanchez but he thinks strikers are what this team is missing?
What Arsenal needs is a rock solid centre half , a top tier right back and a DM. Not more flipping strikers


WHo says Alexi Sanchez will be sold?
Welbeck is an excellent striker. Walcott scores double digits whenever he stays fit
Besides no team needs 4 four World class strikers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:37 pm
Posts: 16783
Waffiman wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Shows how out of touch wenger is.
Arsenal already has Welbeck, Walcott, Giroud and Sanchez but he thinks strikers are what this team is missing?
What Arsenal needs is a rock solid centre half , a top tier right back and a DM. Not more flipping strikers

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

This is hilarious.

Why?


Last edited by smartbrother on Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:09 pm
Posts: 29080
And the thread always ends with a fight between Aniks and Waffi :tic: :tic: 2 pages and not a player signed

_________________
Oya back to the matter
open and close


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 54973
Arsenal need a striker. Also need to replace the players that will leave the club.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 32648
smartbrother wrote:
bepanda wrote:
But Sanchez is leaving and Walcott is not going to stay. Arsenal (Walmart owner) cannot meet Sanchez demands.
Sanchez will be sold, if Wenger is willing to pay so much money for some of these guys.
Welbeck is just not good enough for Arsenal. I'm glad Wenger finally sees it. Neither is Walcott.

Bepanda
smartbrother wrote:
Shows how out of touch wenger is.
Arsenal already has Welbeck, Walcott, Giroud and Sanchez but he thinks strikers are what this team is missing?
What Arsenal needs is a rock solid centre half , a top tier right back and a DM. Not more flipping strikers


WHo says Alexi Sanchez will be sold?
Welbeck is an excellent striker. Walcott scores double digits whenever he stays fit
Besides no team needs 4 four World class strikers.

Dude we don't have 4 world class striker. Just Sanchez the rest should not be playing for Arsenal .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 8870
Lacazette to Arsenal is agreed. €58m + bonuses

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:37 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 47779
Skylolo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
According to L'Equipe, Arsenal's bid for Lemar was close to €46m (£40m) with add-ons.

They claim €52m (£45m) Will see some movement. Arsenal not far off if they are correct.


Good stuff Waffi...I hope we can push this one through as well.

My only slight worry is there are no outgoings so far, with Lacazette coming in there is a lot of interest in Giroud and understandably so but Walcott is the one that needs to leave imho. Tactically I'd like us to retain the Giroud option to change games.


My bro, we are happy that Arsenal are bidding good money for top players who can make a difference in our first team. A huge difference from previous summers when StatsDNA looked for moneyball players.

However, we must ask the question, who goes. Rumours are we are losing 7 to 8 players. Club wants to improve squad quality but we also have players with one yr left in contracts.

I know you want to keep Sanchez at all cost, I am oblivious.

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius

Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:53 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 47779
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffi:

I keep asking this serious question and nobody seems to be able to answer. Who does Lemar displace?


I have answered this question. He plays wide left but can play middle and right. He can play deep like Sanchez but this is unlikely.

He can play 10 also, but Ozil has that locked down. So the really interesting one is Walcott. Lemar is also effective cutting in on his left foot from the right.

So for me, if he and Lacazette are signed, then Giroud, Sanchez or Walcott can make way. My guess will be Walcott. The reason I say so is Wenger also keeping Mahrez in mind if rumours are true.

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius

Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 52215
Location: USA
Prince wrote:
And the thread always ends with a fight between Aniks and Waffi :tic: :tic: 2 pages and not a player signed



Haba Waffi na my uncle ohhh ... I dey respect my elders Biko :taunt:

I no dey fight any more .... I just add useless hyenas to the ignore list aside from that fairy named Sisi Yemisi :woot: :woot:

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 494  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: airwolex, Ayo Akinfe, Blatter, cyberE, Google [Bot], kalani JR, Majestic-12 [Bot], Odas, tippy, truetalk, YUJAM and 33 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group