The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Siddonlook11 »

See all the yabbis this wenger dey cause for us ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Ahem Arsenal had better watch their back with Reiss Nelson. He is good friends with Jadon Sancho who went to Dortmund and with his contract winding down .... Welllllll
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

So three big clubs dey fight over Alexis and no one in for Ozil ????

Haba why nah :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

That’s is so disrespectful .... I mean what do they know that some others remain blind to :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:So three big clubs dey fight over Alexis and no one in for Ozil ????

Haba why nah :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

That’s is so disrespectful .... I mean what do they know that some others remain blind to :woot:
Real Madrid missed your call for them to sign him. Call the Madrid HQ again.

Meanwhile, Mkhitaryan dey come Arsenal to join Ozil, you don take your stabilizer pills, no carry heart attack on top football :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Nkume wrote:Remember when we were all begging Theo to "sign da thing"

I no dey among you. I never had confidence on Theo since day 1. I remember even Khalela, Real Madrid fanatic, dey argue with me say Theo na good player :oops: :oops: :oops:

Dude always overran the ball.
...i have never rated him, he is and will always be a headless chicken who should have been sold many years ago, but he represents the philosophy and culture of the board.......good riddance to bad rubbish
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Gooner1 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Nkume wrote:Remember when we were all begging Theo to "sign da thing"

I no dey among you. I never had confidence on Theo since day 1. I remember even Khalela, Real Madrid fanatic, dey argue with me say Theo na good player :oops: :oops: :oops:

Dude always overran the ball.
...i have never rated him, he is and will always be a headless chicken who should have been sold many years ago, but he represents the philosophy and culture of the board.......good riddance to bad rubbish

How much of it is him, how much of it is the situation around him? Would he have been better elsewhere?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

So after all the initial gragra (IG, that na Owerri slang!) all the useless media outfits made this morning, nothing is yet to happen in regards to Sanchez.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Nkume wrote:So after all the initial gragra (IG, that na Owerri slang!) all the useless media outfits made this morning, nothing is yet to happen in regards to Sanchez.
Are you surprised ? Its the Arsenal way of doing things, dont blame media or the buying club - na our way. We simply should have taken 60 M for him in August and city would still be ahead of us .
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:Sanchez has 6 months left on his contract, so we are trading on a 6 months deals for a 29 year old player. Mkhitaryan has 2.6 month left on his contract and at 26 is a younger prospect and will be joining Arsenal for 4 years contract. A swap deal is better than nothing.
We are all speculating here but I dont see this as straightforwad as you write - What if Mikki's agent wants 10Million for the "swap" so in essence its it ging to cost us $10 Million, plus Mikki really may not want to play for Arsenal. ?

Will these additions change your suggestion ? As a business it will for me. I think we should sell him to city for 15million of thats the Manure case.

There may be someone city will let go plus 15 million from their reserves since we like kids so much.. ( we fit ask for Yaya sef :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: )

I agree. Sell him to City, get Yaya :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: and Clichy (if he is still playing football). Or we fit do bold face ask for Sane, and that pikin called Foden. If dem no gree, then we go lower am to Yaya plus anybodi wiff two legs and 15 million. I am totally against selling ANYONE to Jose...even Bould sef. Is it not the same Jose that obstructed Wenger many times, including the sale of Demba Ba?

Anyway, Wenger and Arsenal people like money too much.
Why would he not want to play for Arsenal? As usual this is about money. The player is on humongous wages. Arsenal will not give him that type of wage. Then add the greed of his Agent. Sorry, what has he done in this league? He must drop his wage demands. Arsenal must not touch rubbish like this.

Arsenal are clearing out the squad, they have issues abiding to the league's restriction on % wage to revenue. They do not need the greed of this player and his Agent.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Campbell, who was the cornerstone of one of the strongest Arsenal defences ever, wants the opportunity to help.

“I’d crawl back there [to Arsenal],” the former England captain told talkSPORT.

“If that situation happened, I’d be there like a shot.

“I want to be back in there, I want to be managing and coaching”

Sol Campbell
“I want to be back in there, I want to be managing and coaching.

“I’m a leader. I was captain early on in my career with Tottenham at the age of 22 and was one of the youngest captains for England.

“I know how to take the stress on my shoulders and under pressure in know how to win. I love the pressure.

What do we have to lose by bringing this legend back in to help this horrible defense
If there is a vacancy, maybe yes. Arsenal have the most ex players on the Coaching staff in the EPL.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cheii! Mkhytaryan don hit gold! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gotta love Raiola. he is going to make Mkhy their best paid player, after Mkhy rejected them two years ago. he is then going to collect his 10 million in agent fees! Mino! na you, biko!! :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:Joke of the day has to be this headline on BBC Transfer latest updates :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Jose respects Sanchez's situation at Arsenal

Jose doesn't respect anything about Arsenal, certainly not Wenger but if he wants Sanchez then he'll say anything and wash his mouth out after :rotf: :rotf:
Am afraid, this time it is different. This is business and for there to be any business, there must be respect.

ManU made a proposition which Arsenal, if rumours are correct have accepted. Arsenal are looking to maximise from their position of weakness with the player. ManU are also looking to maximise, they do not want City to get the player. The player is only interested in the money and he will be on a wage package worth over £1m per week, according to reports.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Joke of the day has to be this headline on BBC Transfer latest updates :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Jose respects Sanchez's situation at Arsenal

Jose doesn't respect anything about Arsenal, certainly not Wenger but if he wants Sanchez then he'll say anything and wash his mouth out after :rotf: :rotf:
Am afraid, this time it is different. ManU made a proposition which Arsenal, if rumours are correct have accepted. Arsenal are looking to maximise from their position of weakness with the player. ManU are also looking to maximise, they do not want City to get the player. The player is only interested in the money and he will be on a wage package worth over £1m per week, according to reports.
Wrong! But hey! I understand your need to spin this story. :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

danfo driver wrote: cheii! Mkhytaryan don hit gold! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gotta love Raiola. he is going to make Mkhy their best paid player, after Mkhy rejected them two years ago. he is then going to collect his 10 million in agent fees! Mino! na you, biko!! :clap: :clap:
Agreed all posturing for maximum wage. But I am willing to bet that ManU pays both Raiola & Sanchez agent fees. ManU seem overly desperate to do this deal and Woodward is a clueless negotiator
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Disconcerting that Arsenal may partake another trolley dash window, particularly with ever declining Wenger at the helm.

Think Gooners delusional if we think old man Wenger can get anything out of diva like auba. This is more desperation trolley dashing, it won't remotely fix systemic black holes that are Arsenal defense, midfield, GK and Wenger never ending culture of capitulation.
Auba has never been a diva. He sat silently whilst Dortmund priced him out, only to see Dortmund fold when Dembele raised a storm. Not fair to label the guy as that, he has not been a problem until Dortmund let Dembele go.

Also, where does this trolley dash come from? I said here in the summer that I heard a rumour that the club wants to overhaul the squad with minimum 15 going. They got rid of 7 in the summer, now another minimum 4 look to be on the way. With more to come next summer. To ensure this, they have brought in a new team of people to facilitate this clear out.

Finally, many don't seem the understand the issues involved with Arsenal. I have discussed this in detail in my interaction with Gooners. Here are some collective on this matter and why Arsenal are acting the way they are now.

EPL restrict total wage increase to £7m per annum year on year. If for example we increased Sanchez and Ozil to £280k per week, we will go well beyond that, if we do not have the increased sponsorship/commercial deals, matchday revenue and/or player sales to justify this increase.

Without cash injection from our Owner, our income has gone down, with less matchday revenue from cheaper tickets, our commercial/sponsorship deals will not increase from last year, plus we have also lost money dropping out of CL. So ultimately we are now reliant on selling players to allow us to spend despite being fairly cash rich.

We played safe by staying cash rich instead of investing big in players. The rule changes mean cash in the bank is worthless now whilst player values are going through the roof and our 2 most valuable assets are out of contract.

The bottom line is, we could afford to buy who we want but could not add to the wages to the bill without significant player sales. Whilst Our competition can show the revenue increases to add 2 or 3 superstars in one window, we cannot extend with the ones we have.

We need to announce some big commercial deals in the next year and be back in the CL ASAP. Arsenal will not bend the rules to compete and I agree. It is easy to ignore all of this and blame Wenger for everything. That's fine, but I belong to another school.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Walcott to Everton for 20 MP.

So Arsenal is back to being a selling club.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Last edited by anikulapo on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

ohenhen1 wrote:Walcott to Everton for 20 MP.

Shut up :roll:

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Agent Mino Raiola must be paid by ManU - serious handshake buyout of Henrikh....that helps us negotiate a reasonable wage packet
--------------------
... Mkhitaryan’s agent Mino Raiola wants more than £5m to make the deal happen....
Armenian international Mkhitaryan, 28, also wants more than the £150,000-a-week he earns at Old Trafford and is also demanding compensation in the region of £15m from United as his contract runs until 2021....“This is a great deal for Arsenal. They need better, younger players and they have to invest. So it’s up to Arsenal to put a deal in place and right now a deal is a long way off.” (Greedy agent trying to insert himself in our biz)
*The Gunners believe Raiola is playing hardball to get the best possible deal, despite the fact Mkhitaryan is keen on moving to London to link-up again with recruitment chief Sven Mislinat, who he signed him for Borussia Dortmund....
But United believe he could be using the current stalemate as leverage to earn better compensation terms for his injured megastar client Zlatan Ibrahimovic if and when he leaves Old Trafford

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... ip-rumours
-------------------------------------

I truly believe the money going on Malcolm gets you Zaha & that along with Auba & Laca is a helluva frontline.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Will you turn down that cash for TW?
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

jdizzy wrote: Agreed all posturing for maximum wage. But I am willing to bet that ManU pays both Raiola & Sanchez agent fees. ManU seem overly desperate to do this deal and Woodward is a clueless negotiator
LOL. doesnt work that way. Remember all the rumors that it was going to be 35 million + Mkhy for Sanchez? And Raiola came out today and pretty much said "Sanchez is actually the one in the Mkhytryan deal and not the other way around."

Truth is, Arsenal has put themselves in a very difficult position and are now desperate. The player has made his mind up and will NOT stay at Arsenal passed February 1 and Arsenal is desperate.

United is paying Sanchez's agent 5 million and Arsenal is paying Raiola 10 million + making Mkhy your highest paid player.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

tolahs wrote:

Will you turn down that cash for TW?
I think that is the deal of the century to get £20 million plus 100k a week off your books. I 'm also impress with the reduced wages+ incentive bonus offered to Wiltshire. The new management team are already making a difference in the transfer market.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

You have to love Arsenal sha! They rinse their supporters, yet, povide a faulty product. :lol: :lol: