The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
felarey wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:See Waffi doing the Flippity-Flop and shifting shapes and positions like a drunk amoeba :tic: :taunt: :taunt: Ole wa yo man .... Shebi you don finally open eye ... Yeye slow learner :woot:

No more stats to back up why he is worth 350k per week and gist of how it's almost a done deal :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Waffi Waffi Waffi smh :mrgreen:

Like I said before ... Mezut Ozil is the worst signing in the history of this club ... TUFIAKWA.

Xhacrap is in hot pursuit of that title though :laugh:
Arsenal offered Ozil a fantastic package but he has been offered more elsewhere. That's why he will no longer be our player come the end of his Arsenal contract. Simple as that.
Can any offer be compared to an opportunity to write his own check? Assanal goofed big time, they should never have allowed things to get to this point. Ozil is a top player for club and country, german at that. Clubs are looking at this saying, if there's no transfer fee, we can afford to compensate him beyond anything he'll get at Assanal. His phone will be blowing up come Jan 1st when he's free to talk to other clubs.
Said it many times already. I don't blame the players, I blame the club.
So you blame Wenger
Spot on. Wenger, Gazidis, d#$% Law, the lot of them.

They should have sold these players and be upfront about it. Just tell the fans, you cannot afford to pay the salaries the other clubs have offered. Most of us would have understood.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
felarey wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:See Waffi doing the Flippity-Flop and shifting shapes and positions like a drunk amoeba :tic: :taunt: :taunt: Ole wa yo man .... Shebi you don finally open eye ... Yeye slow learner :woot:

No more stats to back up why he is worth 350k per week and gist of how it's almost a done deal :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Waffi Waffi Waffi smh :mrgreen:

Like I said before ... Mezut Ozil is the worst signing in the history of this club ... TUFIAKWA.

Arsenal offered Ozil a fantastic package but he has been offered more elsewhere. That's why he will no longer be our player come the end of his Arsenal contract. Simple as that.
Can any offer be compared to an opportunity to write his own check? Assanal goofed big time, they should never have allowed things to get to this point. Ozil is a top player for club and country, german at that. Clubs are looking at this saying, if there's no transfer fee, we can afford to compensate him beyond anything he'll get at Assanal. His phone will be blowing up come Jan 1st when he's free to talk to other clubs.
So you blame Wenger

They should have sold these players and be upfront about it. Just tell the fans, you cannot afford to pay the salaries the other clubs have offered. Most of us would have understood.

:agree: :agree: :agree: :clap: :clap:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: fa fa fa fawo! That is not true and you know it! Ozil, as sh11t as he is, will no longer be your player because he, like Sanchez, believes that he is better than your club! And you know it!

Your club offered Ox more than Liverpool did and he rejected you, and spat at your collective faces. Fact is that players no longer see Arsenal as a club that is attractive.
Okokobioko e don do as much as it pain me when you yap beloved,the truth is you are telling the truth.
No real player see Arsenal under Wenger as the best choice.Ozil and Sanchez tired of the crap from Wenger not the club.Ox take less money when we were told his agent wanted more money,yet he take it to be a bench warmer with Liverpool.Wenger need to go before this club goes down to mid table
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Ozil is injured and all of a sudden all the opportunistic haters are spamming us with how he has joined Manure, mentally checked out, refused to travel to Belarus etc etc. :roll: :roll:

Ozil will be back after the Intl break and I for one know dude tends to come back with a lot of goals and assists after a layoff like this. Don't believe everything you read people....
To God be the glory
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Skylolo wrote:Ozil is injured and all of a sudden all the opportunistic haters are spamming us with how he has joined Manure, mentally checked out, refused to travel to Belarus etc etc. :roll: :roll:

Ozil will be back after the Intl break and I for one know dude tends to come back with a lot of goals and assists after a layoff like this. Don't believe everything you read people....

But Waffi seems to believe that as well...he clearly says Ozil wants to take a better offer he was offered elsewhere.

Even though I like yabbing Waffiman, I tend to believe him...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Skylolo wrote:Ozil is injured and all of a sudden all the opportunistic haters are spamming us with how he has joined Manure, mentally checked out, refused to travel to Belarus etc etc. :roll: :roll:

You're right. A fresh Ozil is always a very good player. Hopefully, he is also motivated and committed. His talent is not in doubt, it is his commitment that's been questioned.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

But Waffi seems to believe that as well...he clearly says Ozil wants to take a better offer he was offered elsewhere.

And why is that a problem......Ozil is free to make his decision, he may leave or he may stay. He is here right now so I intend to enjoy him while he is still here. I love Ozil and feel since he has been here he has always been one of our best players. But think about it yourself, what is he compelling reason for him to stay at Arsenal?

Despite being the best player in the World in his position I am not sure he is best suited to English football due to its 'gra gra' nature cerebral players like him are not appreciated enough - Ozil has created the most chances in the league since he joined yet some fools think he is useless, a flop etc because he is a player who unlike most others in England engages his brain before he starts running around aimlessly. This is a player who is consistently in the top 3 of distance runners in the team yet people say he does not have heart, what exactly is heart??

Arsenal do not challenge for the biggest trophies and we do not pay the biggest wages either and on top of all this he is the biggest scapegoat whenever things go wrong for a club that has not really invested enough to be successful.

I am a fan of the club but I don't blame Ozil at all, not saying he can't do better but he has done well enough IMHO Arsenal need other pieces to be succesful. I loved him before he joined Arsenal, we got exactly what we paid for..it is not his fault we did not buy the other players needed to really push to the next level.
To God be the glory
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
felarey wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

So you blame Wenger

:agree: :agree: :agree: :clap: :clap:
I don't know why you are clapping Uncle,did not they fight you here when you said he should be sold that he is waste of money and they produced all stats how you don't know a good player in Ozil?How Wenger want to keep him and ship trouble maker Alexis?Did not they claim Wenger knows best and they are happy he is incharge now he want to blame Wenger and the board :rotf:
How many times have you been calling Wenger slow learner and you get attack here?When you ask for the Belgium CD that Spurs bought did not they laugh at you,did not some fans bring stats how Gabreil is the real deal,where is Gabriel today?Did not you ask why we let Nzonzi head to Spain for cheap,i hope you remember the stats how COQ is one of the best DM in Europe,where is COQ today?You ask for Morata they go for Perez,where is Perez today and where is Morata?
I can go on and on only TG has man up put his hand when wrong,rest try to hide face when no way to run.How many fans today cursing Ramsey every game?Where is the baked pie?
Watch if Wenger happen to sign Ozil because he feel sorry for the bobo and you will hear how Wenger plan this long time ago for him to stay.
What about Kante that they let go for Xhaka?Did not some here bring statement from Xhaka how he even say anyone that did not put in strong performance or 100% will hear from him?
Did not some fans here claim we now have money to compete?I hope you see now why likes of The yemster decide to stop coming here as nothing change and he get attack when he call Wenger out.
Uncle Aniks e be like na you want turn slow learner,the truth is everyone has notice Ozil is lazy and not what the hype is about him.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:

You're right. A fresh Ozil is always a very good player. Hopefully, he is also motivated and committed. His talent is not in doubt, it is his commitment that's been questioned.
Honestly oo Sky, it's like there's a grand plan to hound him out of Arsenal. And it's ridiculous that Arsenal fans are not seeing through this. That's a World Cup winner there. A VERY integral part of the team for that matter. All these so call pundits hounding him, can't remember any of them winning the World Cup. Even Waffi has joined the gang.
What commitment? Against Liverpool the whole team played woefully, especially Ramsey who thought he's another Messi and decided to abandon his position. But against Chelsea, he decided to obey the coach and now everyone is calling Ozil out. I said it earlier, against Chelsea and i will go as far as saying against any of the top 6, if Ramsey and Xhaka play as disciplined as they played against Chelsea and we have Ozil in the team, we will beat any team in the top 6 anywhere. That's how th twin fulcrum of the German national team play with Ozil in the team. Everyone playing to rule not abandoning their respective positions. We all saw this in the FA. Or cast your mind back to when Santi was in the team? Any wonder his form dropped when there's no one with the discipline play of Santi in the team?
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Honestly oo Sky, it's like there's a grand plan to hound him out of Arsenal. And it's ridiculous that Arsenal fans are not seeing through this. That's a World Cup winner there. A VERY integral part of the team for that matter. All these so call pundits hounding him, can't remember any of them winning the World Cup. Even Waffi has joined the gang.
What commitment? Against Liverpool the whole team played woefully, especially Ramsey who thought he's another Messi and decided to abandon his position. But against Chelsea, he decided to obey the coach and now everyone is calling Ozil out. I said it earlier, against Chelsea and i will go as far as saying against any of the top 6, if Ramsey and Xhaka play as disciplined as they played against Chelsea and we have Ozil in the team, we will beat any team in the top 6 anywhere. That's how th twin fulcrum of the German national team play with Ozil in the team. Everyone playing to rule not abandoning their respective positions. We all saw this in the FA. Or cast your mind back to when Santi was in the team? Any wonder his form dropped when there's no one with the discipline play of Santi in the team?
You don talk am finish my Bro, like you I am just just looking forward to his return on the Green to help this team
To God be the glory
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

So to round up Ozil he was a buy one get 2 kind player that perform well when others perform his part of his job.Welcome back from the summer we sign him and I make it clear that Ozil is by one get two.Plat explain it well and I agree expecting Ozil to carry the team like how Ramsey did for some magic few months is like asking to change from his same way every season.
Like Sky said he is not fit in EPL and I will :agree: with that,i have seen him play for Germany and Real,though not great in my eyes but efficient do his job well.
The truth is Arsenal problems is not the players but the coach.Wenger need to GTFO of the club for better change.
Please spare us this world cup winner crap,Camera man also is a world cup winner with over 100 caps for Germany,does that make him than Giroud?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Honestly how did Wenger allow likes of Alexis and Ozil contract run to the final year and they are about to walk free?I mean even if you want a player out you can still get some money with the way market prices are going.Bayern should come get him or he should go to inter.Hoep he will be back from injury after international break.Let him play like he is begging for contract
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Skylolo wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

You don talk am finish my Bro, like you I am just just looking forward to his return on the Green to help this team

I no go yab una two because you are actually gentlemen that I respect but it's clear you both have blinders on or some kinda investment in some Ozil-Stock.

Anyway I go leave una to both of your narratives
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

We're not hounding anything, we're just trying to get him FOR FREE! We wouldn't care otherwise... Even if you call us before Dec 31st and ask for only 2m for him, the answer will be an emphatic NO! You have about 60 days (minus xmas period) to offer him that 20m or 30m bonus. Else, by Jan 1st, Ozil will get a phone call that will make him smile and you won't even get a word of the details. This is not a threat, it's BIZNESS 8-)
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

kajifu wrote:Honestly how did Wenger allow likes of Alexis and Ozil contract run to the final year and they are about to walk free?I mean even if you want a player out you can still get some money with the way market prices are going.Bayern should come get him or he should go to inter.Hoep he will be back from injury after international break.Let him play like he is begging for contract
Begging for a contract :rotf: What has he got to lose? 300k or 400k per week that Assanal cannot afford?? No decent club will pay a cent now, the market has already moved beyond Assanal and is now with the big boys. It's about who is attractive enough and how much. Pls stop mentioning Inter, you think the boy is crazy?? Bayern's only chance is the german connection which seems to work reasonably well. I don't think he'll go back to R. Madrid so that leaves you know who amongst the big boys. The only thing that will motivate him at Assanal now is being ready for the World Cup.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Skylolo wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Its good to see that some Arsenal fans can see through the whole charade. There's a campaign being pushed by the british hacks, and as usual, gullible Arsenal fans are gobbling it up. I have never doubted Mesut. My only grouse is that he hasn't signed a new contract, not that I fault him entirely for that. You watch this guy ball his brains out, create chance after chance that are mostly wasted, even score goals himself, and after games, the hacks default to their usual "he doesn't work hard" narrative. No one in the EPL sees the field like Ozil, and I'll be sad the day he leaves. I'm a fan.

The childish and ridiculous campaign goes on. We just sit back and watch.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Brazil forward Lucas Moura, 25, has been advised by former Chelsea defender Alex to leave Paris St-Germain and join Arsenal.

Arsenal will sell forward Theo Walcott and playmaker Mesut Ozil, both 28, in January. Walcott is set to rejoin former club Southampton. (Daily Express)

Ozil is only willing to play for Barcelona, Real Madrid or Manchester United if he leaves Arsenal, but he could yet agree a new deal. (

Brazil forward Lucas Moura, 25, has been advised by former Chelsea defender Alex to leave Paris St-Germain and join Arsenal. (L'Equipe, via London Evening Standard)
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cally wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Its good to see that some Arsenal fans can see through the whole charade. There's a campaign being pushed by the british hacks, and as usual, gullible Arsenal fans are gobbling it up. I have never doubted Mesut. My only grouse is that he hasn't signed a new contract, not that I fault him entirely for that. You watch this guy ball his brains out, create chance after chance that are mostly wasted, even score goals himself, and after games, the hacks default to their usual "he doesn't work hard" narrative. No one in the EPL sees the field like Ozil, and I'll be sad the day he leaves. I'm a fan.

The childish and ridiculous campaign goes on. We just sit back and watch.
So who do you blame in all this mess?Fans have defend this same Ozil when Jose was rubbishing him.Let me tell you why most fans I know just want him out.Since they ask him to sign new contract he ask for more money he was offer,he later said his reason of holding it was until he know Wenger future that if Wenger stay he sign it,Wenger sign 2 years contract.He did not sign and even Wenger was surprise.Now fans feel like he is not been honest to the faithful fans and he should leave but no body has price him.Wenger even negotiate to sell him to Monaco to get Lemar he refused and said he want to finish his contract.What do you expect fans to do?The way the market rate was goingwe could have got decent money for him this summer and invest it to our target if Wenger also was honest.
Truth be told I blame Wenger not Ozil,he should not have allow him run down his contract.Ozil is a good player but not what beloved need to carry this team to promise land.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Skylolo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

And why is that a problem......Ozil is free to make his decision, he may leave or he may stay. He is here right now so I intend to enjoy him while he is still here. I love Ozil and feel since he has been here he has always been one of our best players. But think about it yourself, what is he compelling reason for him to stay at Arsenal?

Despite being the best player in the World in his position I am not sure he is best suited to English football due to its 'gra gra' nature cerebral players like him are not appreciated enough - Ozil has created the most chances in the league since he joined yet some fools think he is useless, a flop etc because he is a player who unlike most others in England engages his brain before he starts running around aimlessly. This is a player who is consistently in the top 3 of distance runners in the team yet people say he does not have heart, what exactly is heart??

Arsenal do not challenge for the biggest trophies and we do not pay the biggest wages either and on top of all this he is the biggest scapegoat whenever things go wrong for a club that has not really invested enough to be successful.

I am a fan of the club but I don't blame Ozil at all, not saying he can't do better but he has done well enough IMHO Arsenal need other pieces to be succesful. I loved him before he joined Arsenal, we got exactly what we paid for..it is not his fault we did not buy the other players needed to really push to the next level
We have the players but lost them at critical times to injury. If we had kept Santi and Kos fit, we really had a good team. Wehn you add players like Wilshere and Rocisky to the mix, it is a real shame.

However, I see your point on Ozil needing more talent. I also saw a stats from his Real Madrid days which indicated he benefited from playing less minutes.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

My bro, I am not against the player. I have already said, I do not blame the player for seeking better financial terms, the leverage of a Bosman situation offers. If I were in his position, I will do the same.

However, what we cannot get away from is this season there is a lot of talk questioning his commitment and this has come from inside the club. There was the one where he and Sanchez failed to show up for a media day, an act that goes against their contractual obligations and this upset fellow team mates. But the most damning has come from Keown. Now, I do not know of Keown sources, but I know Keown still has his ex-players pass which gives him access to a lot of sections of the club with the exception of things like match day preparation and training, Players and Staff only areas, etc. etc.

But when Keown goes on Radio to make the sort of allegations he did about Ozil, you must seat up and ask questions. See Here:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/04/mesut-ozi ... n-6978187/

The problem is, his performance on the pitch has raised questions too. I remember watching the Stoke game and Steven Gerard was not impressed with Ozil performance. He questioned his commitment and asked if he would be proud to pick up his wages after his performance. He then used Stoke's goal as the example, showing if Ozil had bothered to try and prevent the Stoke from running into space, and had he bothered to run, like he should have Stoke would not have scored. While I saw Gerard's point re Ozil's role for the goal. I came here disagreeing that Ozil was ultimately responsible for the loss. I preferred to blame the Manager and his defensive choices because I felt a proper CD playing in the middle of the 3 would have prevented the goal. Having said all of that, the Stoke loss was a very unlucky loss when you analyse the game in full, so it was harsh to blame Ozil for that defeat. It must be noted that Gerard fellow pundit for that game was Keown and he too went to town on Ozil.

Maybe, Ozil's criticism of Arsenal player's stings and they now want to get him. I say this because the stats certainly does not support Keown and Ozil's critics claims of laziness and not putting in a shift this season. Whether Ozil is committed is another thing altogether.

Here is OPTA via Orbinho on Twitter.

Current Season:
Last Season:
I know this is a bit simplistic, but we can make of the above what we want. It appears, he has not dropped his physical output this season when compared to last season as is being suggested. He certainly has not dropped as we are being led to believe by the pundits and Ozil critics. I am not in any camp and you can see why. However, we cannot ignore questions about his commitment behind the scenes either.

This made me laugh: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Maybe we should compare the stats, when they bend down to tie their shoe laces . Or the stats, when they look up in the sky to see if it is raining or not.
Alexis and Ozil are front line players, who have the freedom to create, score, assist, ... etc. Do whatever they need to do to spark the offense.
One of them had amazing stats, the other one had pedestrian stats.
And below are the stats (2016/2017) that matter, in a season where Arsenal was desperate to remain in contention for CL football. In other words, every game mattered.

Ozil:
EPL: 32 games, 8 goals, 9 assists.

Alexis Sanchez
EPL: 36 games, 24 goals, 10 assists

Players in the EPL with equals or more assists than Ozil: Winfried Saha, Wijnaldum, Pedro, Erikson, Fabregas, KDB, Gylfi Sigurdsson
There were 27 players in the EPL with more goals than Ozil.
What exactly was Ozil contribution that warrants 50% salary increase?
There is NO comparison in productivity between Sanchez and Ozil. And attempts to ALWAYS try to link both is misleading.

I would gladly keep Ozil on Arsenal books at no more than 80k/week.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bepanda wrote:Maybe we should compare the stats, when they bend down to tie their shoe laces . Or the stats, when they look up in the sky to see if it is raining or not.
Alexis and Ozil are front line players, who have the freedom to create, score, assist, ... etc. Do whatever they need to do to spark the offense.
One of them had amazing stats, the other one had pedestrian stats.
And below are the stats (2016/2017) that matter, in a season where Arsenal was desperate to remain in contention for CL football. In other words, every game mattered.

Ozil:
EPL: 32 games, 8 goals, 9 assists.

Alexis Sanchez
EPL: 36 games, 24 goals, 10 assists

Players in the EPL with equals or more assists than Ozil: Winfried Saha, Wijnaldum, Pedro, Erikson, Fabregas, KDB, Gylfi Sigurdsson
There were 27 players in the EPL with more goals than Ozil.
What exactly was Ozil contribution that warrants 50% salary increase?
There is NO comparison in productivity between Sanchez and Ozil. And attempts to ALWAYS try to link both is misleading.

I would gladly keep Ozil on Arsenal books at no more than 80k/week.
I don't think even a blind man will compare Alexis with Ozil but please can you also give wenger stats for last year that warrant him a 2 million increase in his salary 25%?We like to pick on players when the issue is right in our face and its no other person but Arsene Wenger.
Oh please you will keep Ozil at 80k :rotf: :rotf: Really?What about Walcott :?: You forget Wenger wanted to pay OX 180k and you expect Ozil not to ask for more?
Look at Spurs since their new coach came to town,he has manage the team very well interms of wages and keep players happy,when he ship out a player he almost bring a better player in that position.This is Wenger text book he allow this small boy copy and doing it now while Wenger don't even know how keep his players happy.How on earth he allow those two guys contract run to final year.A serious club will fired him and make the announcement on air without telling him.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

MLK.