The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:280k per week rumored for Ozil???? No bloody way .... that loser is not worth that amount in pesos or naira :curse: what are they smoking at the Emirates :curse:
For me, Arsenal will get Ozil signed up before selling Sanchez for the right money. As much as I want to think Wenger will hold Sanchez to the final year of his contract. I just do not see Wenger doing it especially knowing the potential implications financially for the player.

Also, I do not think Sanchez is the type that will be professional and give his all if held to his contract. Sanchez has already been very disruptive in the last 2 seasons. For me he is too much if a diva to keep around and it will not be good for Arsenal. We have seen how the uncertainty over the Manager cost the club, we do not want similar issues with Sanchez.

I just hope we can sell him to PSG but knowing Arsenal, they will play PSG and Man City against each then sell to the highest bidder.

Very dispiriting :boo: :boo:

Just curious, do you support this rumored 280k per weeek to Ozil ????
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Mourinho starting Lukaku and Rash together in tonite's game vs City. Now that's how to approach a challenging opponent and see where your team is at and not a mish mash of kids to start the game like was done vs Bayern :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

anikulapo wrote:Mourinho starting Lukaku and Rash together in tonite's game vs City. Now that's how to approach a challenging opponent and see where your team is at and not a mish mash of kids to start the game like was done vs Bayern :curse:
It pre-season, it is about testing young players, different tactics and getting your fitness. Not about playing your first team against a challenging opponent.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Lukaku looking bigger in Man U uniform :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

ohenhen1 wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Mourinho starting Lukaku and Rash together in tonite's game vs City. Now that's how to approach a challenging opponent and see where your team is at and not a mish mash of kids to start the game like was done vs Bayern :curse:
It pre-season, it is about testing young players, different tactics and getting your fitness. Not about playing your first team against a challenging opponent.

You are truly clueless but what else is new smh

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Wow United are flying .... Rashford says to Romelu, whatever you can do, I can do as well.

Jose getting it right and setting the tone and playing with coherence and a plan in place :thumb:

Brilliant :thumb:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

This Foden kid for City is like a young Nasrat. Great balance, vision, and an eye for goal.

Nevertheless I already said earlier that Jose is already on his game with setting up a juggernaut at United and you can see his handiwork on this team already even in preseason ... cheiii Jose is back and so is United :scared:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I so hope the rumors are true that Alexis has agreed personal terms with PSG and all that is waiting is for an agreement to be reached on price with Les Arse

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Players talk to each other. They are watching the situation carefully. Holding onto a player that doesn't want to play for you will damage the club. It is best to just sell him even to a rival. The club shouldn't have allowed his contract to wined down to just 1 year left. Skilled people have all of the powers. Yes he is under contract. But he can just wait for a few months and then go on a bossman transfer. He will do every thing to avoid injuries. You will not be getting a 100 percent committed player. Paul George of the NBA also have all of the power. He too will just wait for a few months and then go on a transfer to any team he wants. Age is not a factor. At 29, Sanchez looks fit and in good form. He still has about 3 to 4 years of good football left in him. My preference is also not to sell to a EPL team. But if they offering mega buck, sell him to a EPL team and use the money to buy Aubamenyang or Lemar. If the EPL rivals don't spend the money on Sanchez, they will spend it on another good player like Morata or Lukaka or Pogba or Saleh and etc. What difference does it make if we sell to a EPL rival or not?
Sanchez is a football player and when you put him on the green grass he will give his all. That is the way he is built. Then when you start to win, things can change. You will be surprised what a year can do in soccer. If Arsenal wins the league this coming season, do you really see see Sanchez leaving the next?
So you're gambling on Arsenal winning the EPL next season? :)

Personally I'll strike a deal for Aubameyang and then pull the trigger on Alexis.
Arsenal beat Bayern Munich on penalties.....all we have to do now is turn up for our EPL matches and the title is ours :D
i watched that game last night and surprised how badly Arsenal was dominated. Having read this thread, I didnt expect the 8 clear chances Bayern missed in just the first half. Game should have ended 8 or 9 - 1 to Bayern. It was that bad

Arsenal was tactical. The club held on to the 2nd half. The young gunners weathered the storm.
Yes, tactical. The tactic was to test Cech and Martinez, and see how many goals they could prevent from going in.
Wicked man! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

But seriously, it was shocking! I really thought it was a balanced game after reading the comments here. Only to watch the match, and no exaggeration, Bayern had close to 8 chances in the first half alone.. i counted.. and it was clear cut chances.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cech must feel so out of place in the Arsenal dressing room. smh.. bunch of losers.

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

mikewezzy wrote:Selling ur best player to ur rival is never a good move, even if the money is good. If we do sell Sanchez, u can't replace him with Auba, Benzema or any other striker that I've seen people mention here. It has to be a player with similar attribute. Someone that can take people on with speed & skills and track back as well. I would personally go for Dembele from Dortmund or mahrez & lemar. Which means u cant sell him for less than 80mil, if N Epl comes 4 him they better spend over 100mil
ZERO chance with Dembele. Mahrez is not Sanchez, he is lazy defensively which is why one of the forumers here calls him Ozil. Lemar is more Santi Carzola or Ozil-esque than Alexis.

There was life before Alexis, there'll be life AFTER him. He's one of the best in the world today but sometimes a team needs to develop more as a UNIT than being a platform for an individual. It could be better for both sides if Arsenal moves him outside the EPL. The only question would be, will Arsenal spend the proceeds and make the UNIT stronger?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

platinum wrote:
mikewezzy wrote:Selling ur best player to ur rival is never a good move, even if the money is good. If we do sell Sanchez, u can't replace him with Auba, Benzema or any other striker that I've seen people mention here. It has to be a player with similar attribute. Someone that can take people on with speed & skills and track back as well. I would personally go for Dembele from Dortmund or mahrez & lemar. Which means u cant sell him for less than 80mil, if N Epl comes 4 him they better spend over 100mil
ZERO chance with Dembele. Mahrez is not Sanchez, he is lazy defensively which is why one of the forumers here calls him Ozil. Lemar is more Santi Carzola or Ozil-esque than Alexis.

There was life before Alexis, there'll be life AFTER him. He's one of the best in the world today but sometimes a team needs to develop more as a UNIT than being a platform for an individual. It could be better for both sides if Arsenal moves him outside the EPL. The only question would be, will Arsenal spend the proceeds and make the UNIT stronger?

Couldn't have put this any better.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

platinum wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

How much did Kante cost again, that we "lost" him to Chelsea?

You ask the MOST important question...will any proceeds from a potential Sanchez sale be used to make the UNIT stronger? We seem to have lost our way in that regard....signing a few marquee players and surrounding them with below average and injury-prone players.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:

You ask the MOST important question...will any proceeds from a potential Sanchez sale be used to make the UNIT stronger? We seem to have lost our way in that regard....signing a few marquee players and surrounding them with below average and injury-prone players.

Top tacklers in the league last year. #1 Kante, #2, Ndidi, #3 Romeu.
Why isn't Arsenal looking to get Ndidi and shift off Coquelin who clearly isn't a champions league quality player. (*I've been a Coq supporter from day 1, kid has heart. I remember that 8-2 game when he was a young buck and left every ounce of himself on the pitch while bigger names crumbled like old bread that day but his ceiling isn't good enough and that's the fact. Some players are mid table, europa league quality, others are not).
Coq, Welbeck, Walcott, these 3 guys peaks are nothing near world class or good enough to contend yet they're counted on to play vital roles during the course of the season, you cannot hope to win an EPL when #12 thru #15 in your depth chart are these guys.
Talent is good and definitely a MUST to have when your team already struggles with structural inconsistencies.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

platinum wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:

Why isn't Arsenal looking to get Ndidi and shift off Coquelin who clearly isn't a champions league quality player. (*I've been a Coq supporter from day 1, kid has heart. I remember that 8-02 game when he was a young buck and left every ounce of himself on the pitch while bigger names crumbled like old bread that day but his ceiling isn't good enough and that's the fact).
Coq, Welbeck, Walcott, these 3 guys peaks are nothing near world class or good enough to contend yet they're counted on to play vital roles during the course of the season, you cannot hope to win an EPL when #12 thru #15 in your depth chart are these guys.
Thank you once again. Coq has heart, but.... I frankly do not understand AW's approach. Yes, the team pulls off incredible feats sometimes, but he tends to assume that's what they are capable of consistently.

Coq, Walcott, Welbeck, and even to some extent Ramsey, are fringe players and minimal contributors. I personally think Ramsey has only had ONE good season with Arsenal. Even when healthy, Ramsey is full of bad decisions which take away from many of his vital contributions.
Conversely, despite their "shortcomings", players like Giroud and Monreal have been consistent, reliable contributors.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:

Why isn't Arsenal looking to get Ndidi and shift off Coquelin who clearly isn't a champions league quality player. (*I've been a Coq supporter from day 1, kid has heart. I remember that 8-02 game when he was a young buck and left every ounce of himself on the pitch while bigger names crumbled like old bread that day but his ceiling isn't good enough and that's the fact).
Thank you once again. Coq has heart, but.... I frankly do not understand AW's approach. Yes, the team pulls off incredible feats sometimes, but he tends to assume that's what they are capable of consistently.

Coq, Walcott, Welbeck, and even to some extent Ramsey, are fringe players and minimal contributors. I personally think Ramsey has only had ONE good season with Arsenal. Even when healthy, Ramsey is full of bad decisions which take away from many of his vital contributions.
Conversely, despite their "shortcomings", players like Giroud and Monreal have been consistent, reliable contributors.

Exactly. You can add Ramsey to the list and it'd be an understandable argument. The only thing that keeps me hoping with him is he has shown before that at his peak, he can be a true menace. Also, when he plays with Wales, he consistently plays at another level. Some people may not appreciate it but he does. I think when he is healthy and when he curtails the over enthusiastic play, he can be a game wrecker from deep.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

If Arsenal sign Rafinha, then Arsenal is not serious. He is not even as good as the players you have
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ozil's new deal is an embarrassment for Arsenal. 280K for a player who doesnt have any other serious option and a player who has proven that he is NOT a winner and cannot change games by himself. Madrid got rid of him and look at how successful they have become.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I'm really hoping that this Alexis to PSG being a done deal is true and that this reported 280k per week for Ozil is his agent posturing and spreading lies .... nah I get confido in cheap arse Arsenal ... they can't be that stupid ... at least I hooe :curse: :scared:

MLK.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Looks like Alexis Sanchez to PSG for 45 MP will happen. They are saying he is in Paris right now and has agreed personal terms, rumor.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ozil is a very good player, I am happy that we kept him.

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Molue Conductor wrote:If PSG cough up the money, Alexis is gone
Don't forget to add, if Arsenal cough up the money, Sanchez stays.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Molue Conductor wrote:If PSG cough up the money, Alexis is gone
Don't forget to add, if Arsenal cough up the money, Sanchez stays.

Only 45 million? In this current economy?
AFCON 2019 sweet o