The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:Henry: "You cannot have your two holding midfielders bombing forward. At times they will score but you want them to do their job."

AW doesn't like delegating, better team defense is contender quality - we need that!!!
Titi & Alan speaking truths early in the season - I don't get the philosophy of having our 2 deep midfielders in attack mode so much when we have wingbacks.
When you've a makeshift defense like we did vs LCFC - midfielders ought to seat more - i'll add WBs should attack less in those instances too -
good practice starts now
Shearer a failed Coach now a sage of wisdom. Ridiculous. Do you want to know how well his team defended in the same league? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love Henry, but till he coaches and wins something. He is not one to give any coach lectures. He played in Arsenal teams that set out to win games. I saw every game he played at Highbury and all bar 1 at the Emirates with most away from Highbury. In all those games, when we needed to win, our FBs or Wide Backs (as Wenger calls them) went forward.

Also, Leicester play counter attacking football, they do it by defending in numbers, but we want 3 points. You do not win by seating. Leicester had 9 defending, you must have numbers attacking to open the defence. Arsenal's main form of defence was to press high up and in numbers. You cannot do that by seating deep.

We won, but not one word of credit to the Manager. Instead, moans and groans plus ITK coaching sessions from a failed and wannabe Manager.

Credit to Wenger most of all, in trouble he made the moves that won it. His subs (Ramsey and Giroud) plus formation and tactical changes (3-4-3 to 4-4-2) (Ox to RB, Bells to LB, Lacazette, inside left, Ozil 10, Theo Wide Right, then Ramsey running into space Izil vacates etc etc) won him the game.

The man was bold and got exactly what he deserved. So all this BS about defending does not wash with me.
Season has barely started and the whole thing is already so boring. The so-called pundits have their minds made up and agenda set for the season. You watch games and listen to commentary, and wonder whether you're watching the same game as the commentators are. I saw Arsenal concede twice against Leicester, and within 2 minutes of conceding, the pundit was already moaning about Arsenal not having a leader that will ginger the boys to keep fighting. For goodness sakes, that statement made absolutely no sense. The team conceded, and proceeded to restart the game. Was there supposed to be someone screaming at them inside the field, and acting up just cause they conceded a goal? Anyways, when they equalized and went on to win, no pundit came out to talk about leadership again. Once they concede a goal next, the narrative will commence.

Its time for Arsenal fans to think for themselves and make their own minds up. Watch the game and conclude for yourselves. I only respect someone like Robbie Earle with NBC that has shown me, over time, that he has some semblance of balance.
Watched the full game. It was a deserved win.

My bro, as usual I watch the whole game again after I have calmed down for some analysis.

But I noticed how the broadcasters were so intent on showing Sanchez reaction when we were losing and nothing when we were winning.

For Wenger they had slow motion close up when we concede. Not one credit for the changes he made that won us the game.

They repeatedly showed Ozil's 'ball to hand' but not the handball that should have been a penalty .....

First game of the season, we already have 'selective broadcasting' to feed the media narrative. They show you only what they want you to see.

Which is why it is important, we Gooners don't turn on our own so easily. Let the media do it, we are supposed to support. I will be supporting like the crowd did at the Emirates.

The support from the Emirates crowd when we were down both times dragged the team into the game and the team did the rest - they won it.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Looks like Gabriel is off to Valencia. Does this mean Chambers stays? Another player with one year left on his contract
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

jdizzy wrote:Looks like Gabriel is off to Valencia. Does this mean Chambers stays? Another player with one year left on his contract

Remember when they told us he was as good as Brother Eric? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

jdizzy wrote:Looks like Gabriel is off to Valencia. Does this mean Chambers stays? Another player with one year left on his contract
Arsenal desperately trying to sell players for money to sign Lemar I hope.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Waffiman wrote:
Arsenal does not need to sell to buy Lemar. West Ham is bidding 40M for Carvalho for fcucksake. Selling 2 central defenders without a replacement leaves the team short of quality options when playing a 3 man back line. Per is close to done and Holding doesn't seem quite ready to play 30+ games. We all know Kos will have his customary injury spell on the sidelines
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

jdizzy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Arsenal does not need to sell to buy Lemar. West Ham is bidding 40M for Carvalho for fcucksake. Selling 2 central defenders without a replacement leaves the team short of quality options when playing a 3 man back line. Per is close to done and Holding doesn't seem quite ready to play 30+ games. We all know Kos will have his customary injury spell on the sidelines
The man calls all of you idiots by every post he makes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

jdizzy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
I just hope its just Waffi thinking not Wenger or the board thinking that direction.How many times the club has said we now have money and why try to sell to buy and doing it by selling the wrong players?British boys like Chambers,Wilshere,Welbeck, etc should first be ship out.
Well what do I know lets just hope the board this time actually compete for major trophies not this FA cup etc
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

Waffiman wrote:
slyk wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:Henry: "You cannot have your two holding midfielders bombing forward. At times they will score but you want them to do their job."

AW doesn't like delegating, better team defense is contender quality - we need that!!!
Titi & Alan speaking truths early in the season - I don't get the philosophy of having our 2 deep midfielders in attack mode so much when we have wingbacks.
When you've a makeshift defense like we did vs LCFC - midfielders ought to seat more - i'll add WBs should attack less in those instances too -
good practice starts now
Shearer a failed Coach now a sage of wisdom. Ridiculous. Do you want to know how well his team defended in the same league? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love Henry, but till he coaches and wins something. He is not one to give any coach lectures. He played in Arsenal teams that set out to win games. I saw every game he played at Highbury and all bar 1 at the Emirates with most away from Highbury. In all those games, when we needed to win, our FBs or Wide Backs (as Wenger calls them) went forward.

Also, Leicester play counter attacking football, they do it by defending in numbers, but we want 3 points. You do not win by seating. Leicester had 9 defending, you must have numbers attacking to open the defence. Arsenal's main form of defence was to press high up and in numbers. You cannot do that by seating deep.

We won, but not one word of credit to the Manager. Instead, moans and groans plus ITK coaching sessions from a failed and wannabe Manager.

Credit to Wenger most of all, in trouble he made the moves that won it. His subs (Ramsey and Giroud) plus formation and tactical changes (3-4-3 to 4-4-2) (Ox to RB, Bells to LB, Lacazette, inside left, Ozil 10, Theo Wide Right, then Ramsey running into space Izil vacates etc etc) won him the game.

The man was bold and got exactly what he deserved. So all this BS about defending does not wash with me.
:???: :scared: Are you serious? You are always giving tactical lessons here. Where have coached and what have you won. So only those that have coached and won something can make valid comments about the game?

You don't seem to get it. You think it is just about the Leicester game. Yes Arsenal won but some of us are still seeing the same shortcomings that have plagued the Arsenal for many years still present in the team. From past experience, there will be many games this season when Arsenal will be in a similar situation brought about by these same lapses and they will not win the game. Keep attacking the messenger as you usually do and ignore the message. We all know what will happen to the Arsenal come February.

Personally, the one transfer that would have given me optimism for the new season did not happen: shipping out the manager for someone better. So far all the signs indicate that it will be the same for the Arsenal as it has been for some time now.
I explain tactics, I dont give lessons. I hope you understand the difference. Besides explaining tactics is with hindsight is different to knowing better with hindsight. Henry has his badges, like Shearer but they are not in a position to postulate like they know better than Wenger. Even Henry's observations about the FBs and Midfielders is hypocrisy and I explained why from his playing days under the same Manager.

I write what I see. I do not pretend to know better than the professionals who I always respect even when I disagree.

I stop here for now. You are 'Wenger out', man you lot are beyond ridiculous. I really have no time for you and your ilk. I'm sorry we won. I can see you are hurting.
More spin. You rubbished the opinion of the greatest player Arsenal has ever had and the best striker in the history of the premier league just because they hold a position that is unflattering to Wenger who can do no wrong in your eyes. Both of these men have completed coaching badges, which you have not yet you come here ever so often to talk tactics but their opinions are rubbish since they have never won anything as coaches? Are you for real?

The people that wanted Wenger out are not beyond ridiculous. If anything the people that want Wenger out, which going by CE as a representation of the fan base, are a vast majority of the Arsenal fan base cannot all be ignorant mugs that know nothing about the game. Anyway, I will let you and people of your ilk indulge in your yearly ritual of Wenger "worship" until things predictably go pear shaped in February.
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

anikulapo wrote:
slyk wrote:
anikulapo wrote: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

PATHETIC DAFT DUMB LOSER:

SO YOU ARE STILL FEIGNING STUPIDITY OR ARE JUST IRREDEEMABLY MORONIC :rotf: :rotf:

Please get lost you pathetic low life scum ... lemme hear you open your stupid mouth ever again ...

SHAMELESS IMBECILE :rotf:

"Don't have a pathological need to be right .."" my nyash, the time you will be right, will be the bloody first time loser!!!
Man child, do you think that screaming will make your incoherent babble true. GTFOH! Douche bag. Mr I-am-the-only-one-that-knows-everything-about-everything. Just so you know douche, I do not care at all if I am never right about the Arsenal, it is just not that important. You on the other hand, we all know you are never wrong about everything. Ode oshi!

The only thing pathological is the hypocrite and pathological liar here that continues to wallow in its ignorance .. anyone can be wrong but you have made it your life's calling.

There is a village out there that desperately misses the idiota that makes them all feel better about themselves ... do yourself a favor and kiss a viper, Retard .. get lost :roll:
I see you have stopped screaming like a petulant child. Good. You really are not very smart are you? You fling insults left and right to try masking the fact that what you are saying lacks both merit and substance. Grow up douche! Learn some manners and then come back and have a discussion like a grown up that you are supposed to be. Douche bag!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

slyk wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
slyk wrote:
anikulapo wrote: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

PATHETIC DAFT DUMB LOSER:

SO YOU ARE STILL FEIGNING STUPIDITY OR ARE JUST IRREDEEMABLY MORONIC :rotf: :rotf:

Please get lost you pathetic low life scum ... lemme hear you open your stupid mouth ever again ...

SHAMELESS IMBECILE :rotf:

"Don't have a pathological need to be right .."" my nyash, the time you will be right, will be the bloody first time loser!!!
Man child, do you think that screaming will make your incoherent babble true. GTFOH! Douche bag. Mr I-am-the-only-one-that-knows-everything-about-everything. Just so you know douche, I do not care at all if I am never right about the Arsenal, it is just not that important. You on the other hand, we all know you are never wrong about everything. Ode oshi!

The only thing pathological is the hypocrite and pathological liar here that continues to wallow in its ignorance .. anyone can be wrong but you have made it your life's calling.

There is a village out there that desperately misses the idiota that makes them all feel better about themselves ... do yourself a favor and kiss a viper, Retard .. get lost :roll:
I see you have stopped screaming like a petulant child. Good. You really are not very smart are you? You fling insults left and right to try masking the fact that what you are saying lacks both merit and substance. Grow up douche! Learn some manners and then come back and have a discussion like a grown up that you are supposed to be. Douche bag!

Oh please get lost ... you are a born loser and not even worth a second of my time
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
bouncino wrote:Funny,
I said long time ago that Arsenal won't buy after Laca and the usual suspects Oja, Cally and Waffi had a field day arguing.
The excuses have begun.
They now have reasons to sell our prized assets.
Nothing really changes.
They have already bought after Laca if rumours are correct. His name is Sancho. Remember the name.

Also, I am still hopeful of the Lemar deal. Just be calm, window is 3 weeks away.
....no thanks......
.....I'm still trying to forget the other San.............................................. Sanogo
Whilst you wallow in the cesspit of your negativity, forget Henry, Vieira, Cesc, Bellerin, Iwobi and all. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
in your bubble state of wenger nirvana, you have easily forgotten the last time afc won the epl :D
We built a stadium, in that time. I went to Highbury for years, I now go to the Emirates stadium. The stadium has contributed to us not winning league titles but it is worth it.

Only those with an agenda of deceit or are complete and utter fools will ignore the role the stadium has played in financially reducing our ability to compete. Whilst the petro dollars came in. Since we got in some money, we have won 3 trophies in 4 years.

Remember when you claimed Wenger will never win another trophy. Keep trying to pretend he has not won silverware.

I am contemptuous of Wenger outers here and on social media because they are boring and tedious. I no longer take them seriously, instead I enjoy my spot of schadenfreude whislt they drown in the flood of their tears as they get even more bitter and twisted by each day of Wenger being in charge.

I raise a toast to all your unhappiness and misery as Wenger reigns supreme and Arsenal match on to another trophy. Why? You lot are not happy when Arsenal win, instead you all wait for a loss to shout your bile and hate, then what's the point? Go support another team or continue to suffer in a pepertual state of misery.

We won on Friday. It must hurt real bad. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
truth hurts, don't it :D

when u are faced with the truth you always throw toys out of your pram........u sound very silly....arsene football club fanatic :laugh: :laugh:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Uncle Aniks and Oga slyk please biko e don do with this front and back.
We should come together and pray Wenger do the best job like during our invincible year.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

@slyk
Bro are you new to this forum when it concern Wenger and Arsenal?Some people see no wrong in it,Oga the yemster has done a good job by exposing some of this stats,not to talk of Oga Plat that once expose the lies about FA CUP been look as minor cup by Wenger base abi Arsenal faithful.
A lot of people will not blame Wenger if we head to championship under his watch.Wenger run the club allow players contract run down,he refused to extend his contract and it affect the team and he himself has come out and say it yet some try to blame others for our season.
Guys lets just enjoy the game and call lies out and be honest even if its doesn't support our stand.
Let us rally behind the team away to Stoke,a tough game and Stoke will want to bounce back from their poor start against Everton.A 3 points will be good before facing Liverpool.
Hope Spurs and Chelsea likely drop points against each other and Manu and City also do.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

good practice starts now

Season has barely started and the whole thing is already so boring. The so-called pundits have their minds made up and agenda set for the season. You watch games and listen to commentary, and wonder whether you're watching the same game as the commentators are. I saw Arsenal concede twice against Leicester, and within 2 minutes of conceding, the pundit was already moaning about Arsenal not having a leader that will ginger the boys to keep fighting. For goodness sakes, that statement made absolutely no sense. The team conceded, and proceeded to restart the game. Was there supposed to be someone screaming at them inside the field, and acting up just cause they conceded a goal? Anyways, when they equalized and went on to win, no pundit came out to talk about leadership again. Once they concede a goal next, the narrative will commence.

Its time for Arsenal fans to think for themselves and make their own minds up. Watch the game and conclude for yourselves. I only respect someone like Robbie Earle with NBC that has shown me, over time, that he has some semblance of balance.

My bro, as usual I watch the whole game again after I have calmed down for some analysis.

But I noticed how the broadcasters were so intent on showing Sanchez reaction when we were losing and nothing when we were winning.

For Wenger they had slow motion close up when we concede. Not one credit for the changes he made that won us the game.

They repeatedly showed Ozil's 'ball to hand' but not the handball that should have been a penalty .....

First game of the season, we already have 'selective broadcasting' to feed the media narrative. They show you only what they want you to see.

Which is why it is important, we Gooners don't turn on our own so easily. Let the media do it, we are supposed to support. I will be supporting like the crowd did at the Emirates.

The support from the Emirates crowd when we were down both times dragged the team into the game and the team did the rest - they won it.
I concur. I was telling someone after the game that the fans at the Emirates were the real MVPs... :thumbs:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Waffiman wrote:
I thought money wasn't a problem
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Robbynice wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

good practice starts now

I concur. I was telling someone after the game that the fans at the Emirates were the real MVPs... :thumbs:
How you no go concur? You know the Emperor will mess you up, i you disagree. :rotf: :rotf:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

kajifu wrote:Uncle Aniks and Oga slyk please biko e don do with this front and back.
We should come together and pray Wenger do the best job like during our invincible year.

How can you reason with a dog? Was it not this hypocrite who spews nothing but negative towards Arsenal yet is always proven wrong? Yet the same dog when someone made a comment about too much negativity towards the club a few weeks ago took it as a license to attack me.

It's amazing how brazenly ignorant and stupid the dog can be at the same time. How can you have nothing but invectives and negativity at a club and then have the audacity to attack someone else for it ? Only on CE :roll:

Yes I have no love for certain players who are parasites to the club and their main job is to live off of the effort of others. But una no go talk say I come here to slay wenger on a regular basis. I point out where I feel he has gone off the boil and at the same time give him credit for his years of service and the man things he does right for the club

Anyway I'm done with that POS ... for now :curse:

I'm so happy Waffi put the dog in his place ... Anuofia :roll:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bouncino wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
I thought money wasn't a problem
Bros you should understand by now,look what Danfo reply to jdizzy post :boo:
I don't know if people just says things to f eel better then forget when they say the opposite but again its every season same story
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:Uncle Aniks and Oga slyk please biko e don do with this front and back.

How can you reason with a dog? Was it not this hypocrite who spews nothing but negative towards Arsenal yet is always proven wrong? Yet the same dog when someone made a comment about too much negativity towards the club a few weeks ago took it as a license to attack me.

It's amazing how brazenly ignorant and stupid the dog can be at the same time. How can you have nothing but invectives and negativity at a club and then have the audacity to attack someone else for it ? Only on CE :roll:

Yes I have no love for certain players who are parasites to the club and their main job is to live off of the effort of others. But una no go talk say I come here to slay wenger on a regular basis. I point out where I feel he has gone off the boil and at the same time give him credit for his years of service and the man things he does right for the club

Hey douche bag! You still do not get it do you? I am on your case not because of any specific position you hold regarding the Arsenal (it is really not that important in the general scheme of things). I come at you because you are in such dire need of basic home training since you stink up these pages with your insult laced posts directed at any and everybody that dares hold a contrary opinion to the Almighty anikulapo, who knows everything about everything and can never be wrong. There is nothing really wrong with that, just stop with the constant insults. No-home-training-having-douche-bag.(You know I can do this all day right?).
olly
Egg
Egg

Post by olly »

Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

good practice starts now

:clap: :clap: :clap: Couldn't agree more.
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

Why you nor let their wahala die a natural death. You have just started a new thread for them to start again. Just leave them.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

You can't have two holding midfielders that lack creativity going forward. The holding midfielders should take turns going forward. Ramsey and Xhaka is a good combination.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

slyk wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Hey douche bag! You still do not get it do you? I am on your case not because of any specific position you hold regarding the Arsenal (it is really not that important in the general scheme of things). I come at you because you are in such dire need of basic home training since you stink up these pages with your insult laced posts directed at any and everybody that dares hold a contrary opinion to the Almighty anikulapo, who knows everything about everything and can never be wrong. There is nothing really wrong with that, just stop with the constant insults. No-home-training-having-douche-bag.(You know I can do this all day right?).

You're such a bloody stinking imbecile. Matter of fact I won't be surprised if you're not a homosexual. You're talking about home training? Here lemme break it down for you. You have all the characteristics of a dog except the sense to know not to bark at your master.

First of all you have exposed yourself as a football retard. You are the laughing stock of the site as you have the incredible record of being wrong at every prediction and position you have taken. An almost impossible achievement but somehow managed by someone as stupid as you .

You have tailed me all over this site like an obsessed dog like some others whom I generally just ignore despite all their attention seeking barking but you are clearly obsessed. I will make it clear to you: Stay the fuuk in your lane, avoid my posts and it will be well with you. Persist with your obsession and I will help drive you closer to that transformer that's waiting for you to hug it, loser.

I know you're terrified of sticking to football because your stupidity is repeatedly on display for all to see, so you tail me like an obsessed queer ... I'm sure your village is proud of you.

Idiota :curse:

MLK.