The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by tolahs »

Alexandre Lacazette -, not quite a 26yr old Sergio Agüero yet - would say a more athletic version of Jermain Defoe/Eduardo da Silva & that's a lethal striker in the EPL. Our chances to conversion ratio needs some balco work - we dancing on the right street.
We need more quality. Gotta be real greedy this window.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Waffi:

I keep asking this serious question and nobody seems to be able to answer. Who does Lemar displace?
I have answered this question. He plays wide left but can play middle and right. He can play deep like Sanchez but this is unlikely.

He can play 10 also, but Ozil has that locked down. So the really interesting one is Walcott. Lemar is also effective cutting in on his left foot from the right.

So for me, if he and Lacazette are signed, then Giroud, Sanchez or Walcott can make way. My guess will be Walcott. The reason I say so is Wenger also keeping Mahrez in mind if rumours are true.

Waffi,

You would say goodbye to Sanchez and keep Ozil, really ?

:rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Prince wrote:And the thread always ends with a fight between Aniks and Waffi :tic: :tic: 2 pages and not a player signed
My bro, I am not fighting no one. I may chose to ignore posts it does not mean a fight. It just means they have a position, and I got mine. We cannot agree and it is pointless debating.

Of course you have 'Trolls', they are different and you best ignore. I can disagree with Arsenal fans but I will not label them as Trolls.

Overall, we Gooners all want the same thing despite our individual and collective frustrations, the fact that we disagree on how to get to our goals is not a bad thing.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

I am eagerly waiting for the pic of Lacazette holding the jersey.

[/video]
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Memories to warm us up for next season

[/video]
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:

I keep asking this serious question and nobody seems to be able to answer. Who does Lemar displace?
I have answered this question. He plays wide left but can play middle and right. He can play deep like Sanchez but this is unlikely.

He can play 10 also, but Ozil has that locked down. So the really interesting one is Walcott. Lemar is also effective cutting in on his left foot from the right.

So for me, if he and Lacazette are signed, then Giroud, Sanchez or Walcott can make way. My guess will be Walcott. The reason I say so is Wenger also keeping Mahrez in mind if rumours are true.
Waffi:

Can we try to get Vidal?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

kajifu wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
bepanda wrote:But Sanchez is leaving and Walcott is not going to stay. Arsenal (Walmart owner) cannot meet Sanchez demands.
Sanchez will be sold, if Wenger is willing to pay so much money for some of these guys.
Welbeck is just not good enough for Arsenal. I'm glad Wenger finally sees it. Neither is Walcott.

Bepanda
smartbrother wrote:Shows how out of touch wenger is.
Arsenal already has Welbeck, Walcott, Giroud and Sanchez but he thinks strikers are what this team is missing?
What Arsenal needs is a rock solid centre half , a top tier right back and a DM. Not more flipping strikers
WHo says Alexi Sanchez will be sold?
Welbeck is an excellent striker. Walcott scores double digits whenever he stays fit
Besides no team needs 4 four World class strikers.
Dude we don't have 4 world class striker. Just Sanchez the rest should not be playing for Arsenal .
How many world class strikers does Chelsea have?
If you dont think Giroud is world class what makes you think Lacazette is?
Strikers are the least of arsenal's worries right now believe me.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Waffi:

Can we try to get Vidal?
I think we need a Vidal type CM or Vidal. Many say this is not priority. I agree a striker is priority when you study the stats of the team in the last 2 seasons. A striker is priority.

I also agree we need a wide play maker and this type of player is priority over a CM like Vidal.

But I disagree with those who say our options in the middle is good enough because of the switch in system to 3-4-2-1 or 3-4-3.

Like you, I say we need a top class CM. But a striker is priority.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Waffi:

Can we try to get Vidal?
I think we need a Vidal type CM or Vidal. Many say this is not priority. I agree a striker is priority when you study the stats of the team in the last 2 seasons. A striker is priority.

I also agree we need a wide play maker and this type of player is priority over a CM like Vidal.

But I disagree with those who say our options in the middle is good enough because of the switch in system to 3-4-2-1 or 3-4-3.

The type of midfielder we need is one who is comfortable playing in the CD. One such that when the central defenders are stretched out wide can easily slot into their position and maintain our defensive formation. Like that dude with Totenham whom many like me here campaigned that we sign, Eric Dier. His type is still out there, Fabian Schar. We need to sign that guy up.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

tolahs wrote:Alexandre Lacazette -, not quite a 26yr old Sergio Agüero yet - would say a more athletic version of Jermain Defoe/Eduardo da Silva & that's a lethal striker in the EPL. Our chances to conversion ratio needs some balco work - we dancing on the right street.
Lacazette has a lot more to his game than Jermaine Defoe, certainly. And he is much more active in all attacking areas than someone like Eduardo who was more a box player.

If I was to compare him to a striker in recent times I'd say he is more a David Villa.....who in the same way turned up a bit late on the scene and scored a lot of goals. Lacazette is a fine all round footballer, he started off as a winger.....
To God be the glory
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

pajimoh wrote:Good luck goons, for the coming season
Wish you spurs the same, Pajimoh.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Skylolo wrote:
tolahs wrote:Alexandre Lacazette -, not quite a 26yr old Sergio Agüero yet - would say a more athletic version of Jermain Defoe/Eduardo da Silva & that's a lethal striker in the EPL. Our chances to conversion ratio needs some balco work - we dancing on the right street.
Lacazette has a lot more to his game than Jermaine Defoe, certainly. And he is much more active in all attacking areas than someone like Eduardo who was more a box player.

If I was to compare him to a striker in recent times I'd say he is more a David Villa.....who in the same way turned up a bit late on the scene and scored a lot of goals. Lacazette is a fine all round footballer, he started off as a winger.....
Not quite the killa D.V was yet - in the last couple seasons(certainly the last one) - he has operated around the box than previously - so he's been on poacher's
duty. Not a bad quality for Arsenal - sure he's versatile - but for us TW failed & couldn't cope leading the line, Alexis is restless for the ball - will drop deep sometimes to play(more so when a team sits deep), Giroud's llack of pace is a problem, Welbeck's injury record demands we get a killer up front.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Waffi:

Can we try to get Vidal?

The type of midfielder we need is one who is comfortable playing in the CD. One such that when the central defenders are stretched out wide can easily slot into their position and maintain our defensive formation. Like that dude with Totenham whom many like me here campaigned that we sign, Eric Dier. His type is still out there, Fabian Schar. We need to sign that guy up.

That we need a ball winning midfielder with quality DM attributes makes sense but in a 3CB set up, the gaffer might feel there's cover
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Arsenal already has Welbeck, Walcott, Giroud and Sanchez but he thinks strikers are what this team is missing?
What Arsenal needs is a rock solid centre half , a top tier right back and a DM. Not more flipping strikers
Of the 4 strikers you list, only Giroud is a bonafide stiker(yes, he.s limited) Theo campaigned for the gig, then when it got heavy he said he wasn't good
enough, This is the 1st preseason we'll(knock on wood) get a healthy Danny.
As for Alexis, he lacks the patience & discipline to play against a team that sits deep
Defending comes down to team application - 'dunno' of a 'rock solid centre half' with EPL champs Chelsea
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

tolahs wrote:
Of the 4 strikers you list, only Giroud is a bonafide stiker(yes, he.s limited) Theo campaigned for the gig, then when it got heavy he said he wasn't good
As for Alexis, he lacks the patience & discipline to play against a team that sits deep
Defending comes down to team application - 'dunno' of a 'rock solid centre half' with EPL champs Chelsea

Dude every EPL team would be grateful to have any of those 4 strikers
The only way this signing makes any sense at all is if Sanchez' departure has secretly already been confirmed (from what i'm reading on the web he is at risk but nothing confirmed)
If that is the case then this is a net loss for Arsenal because this guy is nowhere near Sanchez' level.
In fact any scenario that involves losing Sanchez and/or Ozil is a net loss for Arsenal imho.
It would very hard to replace either player

If he can hold on to those players then his focus should be midfield and defence
If he is to make a signature signing it should be a midfielder like Naingollan (sp) or Khedira

On the issue of defence, Wenger did get things right towards the end of the season with the move to a back three
But can he play that way all of next season?
Does he have enough bodies? I don't think so.
What happens when injuries and suspensions set it?He needs reinforcements.
If he is thinking of replacing existing players his focus should be on replacing the useless players like Mustafi
Or deadweights like CHambers and Jenkinsom all of whom are defenders
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

smartbrother wrote:
tolahs wrote:

The only way this signing makes any sense at all is if Sanchez' departure has secretly already been confirmed (from what i'm reading on the web he is at risk but nothing confirmed)
If that is the case then this is a net loss for Arsenal because this guy is nowhere near Sanchez' level.
In fact any scenario that involves losing Sanchez and/or Ozil is a net loss for Arsenal imho.

If he can hold on to those players then his focus should be midfield and defence
If he is to make a signature signing it should be a midfielder like Naingollan (sp) or Khedira

On the issue of defence, Wenger did get things right towards the end of the season with the move to a back three
If he is thinking of replacing existing players his focus should be on replacing the useless players like Mustafi
That's not quite accurate. United gladly offloaded Welbeck to us remember? Aside from Alexis the only EPL teams that I can confidently say will take any of those players are those outside the top five.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

theYemster wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
tolahs wrote:

That's not quite accurate. United gladly offloaded Welbeck to us remember? Aside from Alexis the only EPL teams that I can confidently say will take any of those players are those outside the top five.
Yes I remember
I also remember this:
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho says there is "no chance" Angel di Maria, Javier Hernandez or Danny Welbeck would have been sold had he been in charge at the time
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39296925

With respect i think you're missing the point.
No team needs 4 world class strikers.
Most teams including top 5 are happy to have 1 or two lead strikers along with a good supporting cast
To say no top 5 team would want Giroud ,Welbeck or Walcott in their squad -even as a supporting cast member - is quite frankly....well lets just say youre entitled to your opinion
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Have Arsenal done a deal for Mahrez? These rumours are very confusing. Claims of Arsenal announcing Mahrez and Lacazette next week.

If Mahrez rumours are true, end of Theo Walcott.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Waffiman wrote:http://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/t ... 269352.amp

God. Please let this true.

I highly doubt Stan kroenke will agree to that move. 125 million pounds for an 18 year old. Sample size is one season.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

@smartbrother,biko we don't have 4 world class strikers.
First what is your standard of world class?
Only Alexis and may be Ozil can walk to any premier League team and start. That is world class player to me.I know some world class players on bench but likes of Welbeck should not be call world class . Be a starter at Arsenal not good enough to be call world class.Welbeck should be ship out,his injury record makes him not good enough for bench,get a player that will spend more time playing not some average British spending time in hospital
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Hope he stays, but if not, we should exact a fee that will cover Mbappe :mad: :mad: :mad:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."