The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by kajifu »

Good bye Alexis beloved will always miss you.
Alexis Sanchez has posted an open letter on his Instagram page alongside a video of him shaking hands with all his former Arsenal team-mates with the Gladiator soundtrack as the backdrop (great song choice to be fair).

Here's what he wrote:

"I want to say thanks to the Technical Staff, to the medical team and all teammates with whom I shared many nice things for the club and especially those people who do not see themselves on the covers, but without them nothing would be possible, which are there to prepare food for us and take care of us day by day, those who keep our shoes clean and the grass in the best conditions. Many thanks to you for helping us to improve every day. Thank you very much .

"There are people (former club players) who have spoken with no knowledge of what happens inside the club and cause damage. I must say I always gave 100%, until the last day, when I asked to the Mister to be in the team, because I wanted to be a contribution. I remember today, a conversation I had with Henry, a historic Arsenal player, who changed club for the same reason and today is my turn.

"Thanks for everything Gunners! All we achieved and the good moments that I gave to the club, I want to dedicate it to the fans, they are the most important. Thanks for every time you sing Alexis Sanchez Baby."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Welcome to Arsenal son,i pray you will be the best player at emirate.Hope you show your Dortmund form and link up well with Abu.

'Mkhitaryan has ALL the attributes'

Arsene Wenger seems pretty happy with what he got out of the swap deal.

“Henrikh is a very complete player," he said about Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

"He creates chances, he defends well, he can absorb distances and he’s very committed as well.

"I must say he’s a player who has all the attributes

Mkhitaryan 'always dreamed of playing for Arsenal'

Henrikh Mkhitaryan says he has always dreamed of playing for Arsenal.

The Armenia international almost joined the club before joining Manchester United in 2016.

“I’m very happy that we could finish this deal and I’m very happy to be here," he said. "It’s a dream come true because I’ve always dreamed of playing for Arsenal.

"Now that I’m here, I’ll do my best for this club to create history.”
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

I know haters will always hate ... but the bolded is pretty clear to everyone (except the spin doctors).
Bepanda
kajifu wrote:Good bye Alexis beloved will always miss you.
Alexis Sanchez has posted an open letter on his Instagram page alongside a video of him shaking hands with all his former Arsenal team-mates with the Gladiator soundtrack as the backdrop (great song choice to be fair).
Here's what he wrote:
"I want to say thanks to the Technical Staff, to the medical team and all teammates with whom I shared many nice things for the club and especially those people who do not see themselves on the covers, but without them nothing would be possible, which are there to prepare food for us and take care of us day by day, those who keep our shoes clean and the grass in the best conditions. Many thanks to you for helping us to improve every day. Thank you very much .
"There are people (former club players) who have spoken with no knowledge of what happens inside the club and cause damage. I must say I always gave 100%, until the last day, when I asked to the Mister to be in the team, because I wanted to be a contribution. I remember today, a conversation I had with Henry, a historic Arsenal player, who changed club for the same reason and today is my turn.
"Thanks for everything Gunners! All we achieved and the good moments that I gave to the club, I want to dedicate it to the fans, they are the most important. Thanks for every time you sing Alexis Sanchez Baby."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ohenhen1 wrote:-------------------------Cech----------------------

Belerin---------Mustaffi----------Koscielny----Kolisinac

Mikhathayrian- ---Ramsey--------Xhaka---------Iwobi

-------------Lacazette-----------Aubameyang------------

Subs
Wilshre
Carzola
Welbeck
Ohenhen at it again no Ozil?No Monreal?
Abeg play that kid Niles is this not madness to still be counting on Santi?
If he is fit bench Xhaka for him or Ramsey.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

As we celebrate the new Gunner, Man City has just announced an extension to Kevin DB contract until 2023. And NO, they aren't breaking the bank for him.
Jack Wilshere still hasn't signed.
Mesut Ozil still hasn't signed.
Aaron Ramsey still hasn't signed.
Maybe ... we just don't want these guys back. Maybe !!!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

kajifu wrote:Welcome to Arsenal son,i pray you will be the best player at emirate.Hope you show your Dortmund form and link up well with Abu.

"He creates chances, he defends well, he can absorb distances and he’s very committed as well.

The Armenia international almost joined the club before joining Manchester United in 2016.

“I’m very happy that we could finish this deal and I’m very happy to be here," he said. "It’s a dream come true because I’ve always dreamed of playing for Arsenal.

I won't Amen ya prayer o.

How you go want make him berra pass Auba? :twisted: :twisted:

Take ya time o. :twisted:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Cazorla got off crutches and could finally walk again following Operation #10. Yes, 10 Operations...
His contract goes until the end of the season. I doubt we bring him back.
kajifu wrote:

Subs
Wilshre
Carzola
Welbeck
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Thunder wrote:
Nkume wrote:Thank you Sanchez for 4 amazing years.

You will forgive me for NOT wishing you luck at United.

Welcome to London Mkhitaryan.
Pray he turns in a Mo Salah, or Kevin De Bruyne for us. :clap:
Hmm I want him to be both we need that sha let me be greedy here
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

cchinukw wrote:
kajifu wrote:Welcome to Arsenal son,i pray you will be the best player at emirate.Hope you show your Dortmund form and link up well with Abu.

I won't Amen ya prayer o.

How you go want make him berra pass Auba? :twisted: :twisted:

Take ya time o. :twisted:
Hmm the noise that he is a flop,we should pray he surprise us like the Ramsey 3 months wonder few years ago but he should do his through out his contract at beloved.Auba is already good and no one is doubting him apart from the know it all that was hyping Walcott over Auba when Oga Plat was freely educating us about Auba few years ago
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:Cazorla got off crutches and could finally walk again following Operation #10. Yes, 10 Operations...
kajifu wrote:

Subs
Wilshre
Carzola
Welbeck

This is why I wouldn’t have minded Mata to be included since he is a very similar player to Santi and he also has an expiring contract which we could have renegotiated and sold him in if he didn’t work out
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

So why did we not go attacking Henry when he leave to barca in same ambition like Alexis.
Sanchez also revealed that he looked to Thierry Henry for inspiration in deciding to quit the Emirates. “I remember today, a conversation I had with Henry, a historic Arsenal player, who changed club for the same reason and today is my turn,” he added.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

So this deal with Manu,they did not give us any extra change?
Is it true that our new signing is the highest paid player in our club?
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

kajifu wrote:So this deal with Manu,they did not give us any extra change?
Stop listening to Danfo, he doesn't know what the wages are just like you don't. He says those to get to those that are easily gotten to. To get under your skin...:D
Last edited by Cito on Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
bepanda wrote:Cazorla got off crutches and could finally walk again following Operation #10. Yes, 10 Operations...
kajifu wrote:

Subs
Wilshre
Carzola
Welbeck

This is why I wouldn’t have minded Mata to be included since he is a very similar player to Santi and he also has an expiring contract which we could have renegotiated and sold him in if he didn’t work out
Will he accept to come?But again nothing wrong in trying and why we did not ask for money just straight swap?
Uncle lets pray your fear will not happen,hopefully he will be the best swap deal we did.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Danfo driver was right.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:I am VERY SAD that one of my favorite Gooners has left...and joined Mourinho's side for that matter.

Having said that, welcome to The Arsenal, Mkhi.
He was a lockeroom cancer. Destroying the club little by little :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a more serious note, I think he gives United the same boost RVP gave that club. If United go unbeaten from here on out (in the PL), it won't surprise me at all. City need to be veeeeeery careful
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

platinum wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:God help Mika ... I’m actually wondering why we didn’t push for Mata as a substitute replacement for Carzola ...:. This is a bloody disgrace ...

Top five player in the league for a scrub who relegated to toilet washing duties at a United .... BLOODY SHAME .... Cover Your Head in Shame ARSENAL !!

Pitiful Club :curse:

Won't lie I'm very nervous...extremely nervous about this swap.

We have seen how much AW struggles to get best of mercurial players i.e Arshavin, Ozil. Truly hope I'm wrong but I have serious concerns over Mkhitaryan under AW tutelage

Could blow up in Arsenal's face. But is this not the same Arsenal were people are insulting Alexis and calling him a cancer because he wants to win? Did people not insult RVP? How can anyone dare complain about getting players who don't 'rock' the boat i.e. mercurial players?

Anyhow, the talent is there in spades, let's see how Arsene handles it. Lesser players have succeeded and better talents have failed in London
....i see what you did there :wink:
....you will see how the coach will crash and burn from here to may
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Skylolo wrote:This has got to be the best transfer window for the club that I can remember for a very long time and that is despite losing a prime time talent like Sanchez, we have managed to recoup £32m on Walcott and Coq and get rid of their wages.

If anybody had offered me Mikhtaryan in exchange and Auba(hopefully) at the rumoured price I would have bitten their hands off. Auba should easily replace Sanchez goals while Mikhtaryan brings some extra creativity. I laugh at some of the names Mikitharyan has been called, people need to remember this is a player that has won Bundesliga best player before and been Europe’s assist king.....some of us here were so so dissapointed when he went to Manure in the first place. I am licking my lips at the thought of him lining up with Ozil with the speed of Auba ahead of them to find.... :thumbs:

Another benefit of these transfers is the other contract rebel Ozil may actually look now and think it may not be bad to stick around afterall. If Auba and Mikihi hit the ground running as I expect, they should take some of the weight off our brilliant German.

It would have been nice to get a ball winning CM to cap it off but Will take this for now, this is much more than I expected.
Henrikh Mkhitaryan - 19 goals and 24 assists in his last season at Dortmund. 90 goals/assists in 140 games for the German club, very good record for midfielder.

Aubemeyang has scored 100 goals in his last 116 Dortmund games, including 21 goals in 23 games this season.

We need to replace Sanchez and Theo's goals. I think this two if we sign them, will be very good once they settle in.

How many goals and assists for United last season and since this season began ..: stop your misinformation Biko .... I’m willing to give the man a clean slate but stop abegi ... he is a reject
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Danfo driver was right.

Both players who moved became the highest paid or joint highest paid player at the club they joined. At Arsenal, that isnt saying much.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

platinum wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Danfo driver was right.

Both players who moved became the highest paid or joint highest paid player at the club they joined. At Arsenal, that isnt saying much.
So will our to be soon new signing Auba be the highest or still this our swap new signing?
Oga Plat no news about Ozil situation is like people just forget he too will move soon if nothing is been done.
Something tells me the club want him leave for free.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cito wrote:
Stop listening to Danfo, he doesn't know what the wages are just like you don't. He says those to get to those that are easily gotten to. To get under your skin...:D
OK but what about my first question?Manu should have give us something for this swap deal than just straight swap.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Brethren, Beloved's dithering about the borders of relevance, a stage upon which she taps on both sides of the line, relevant and irrelevant, like a capricious Fred Astaire, exerts a displastic influence upon the environment. Within these flirtations, a transformation zone with malignant potential. Sanchez, much like Henry, Vieira, Van Persie, Nasri, Adebayor, Fabregas, a cancer, the former-most perhaps of greatest atypia and the latter-most (Fabregas to Barca), the most slender, a mild dyskaryosis perhaps.

Whatever the histological classification, the frightening constant, they all leave for that which eludes them where they are, gold and silver. Who here would choose otherwise? A bigger institution, bigger pay cheque, bigger bonuses. Who, amongst the many crying foul, would usher their sons and daughters to Northern Rock with Goldman Sachs knocking at the door? In the words of Alfie Solomons to a high on hubris Tommy Shelby, "bigger f*cks smaller". T'is Beloved who, standing at the urinal, has forced Tottenham to queue up for the cubicle lest a glancing eye spot their inadequacy in the measuring up. Well, alas, United, once again, have barged into the khazi, flopped it out and reduced Arsenal to such feelings of insignificance by measure, as to return their appendage to their boxers midstream, still urinating. The patch on the trousers, unmistakable.

Bigger f*cks smaller. Till Beloved aspires to be big again, they'll be f*cked as and when the Billy big balls desires. T'is the way of the world.

Welcome "home" Henrikh. A top quality player if he can recover the man that inspired United's pursuit. Let's hope he addresses the assembly of make weights and mediocres with a "greetings earthlings".
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

bepanda wrote:As we celebrate the new Gunner, Man City has just announced an extension to Kevin DB contract until 2023. And NO, they aren't breaking the bank for him.
Jack Wilshere still hasn't signed.
Mesut Ozil still hasn't signed.
Aaron Ramsey still hasn't signed.
Maybe ... we just don't want these guys back. Maybe !!!
The only player I would resign from that group is Ozil. The other two British boys unless they agree to be squad players I will let them walk, no way those two should be demanding starting eleven spots.

We have seen their contribution over the years and quite frankly it is not good enough.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I