The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by platinum »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
mmeny wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Wilfred Zaha.

This player is growing on me as an impact player on the wings. I would be happy paying 40 million for him than 90 mill for Lemar :curse:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Zaha? Not sold....maybe 10 million

When I mentioned

Alderwereild
Wanyama
Nzonzi
Van Dijk
Suarez

I could go on and on .... many goats chuckled or ran their mouths .... well we see how much money these guys eventually cost and how well they’ve performed .... let’s watch and see.

This kid is getting better by the day ...
I Remember when Aniks was begging Arsenal to buy a certain Mousa Dembele from Fulham, and same sentiment was made "Average CM from Fulham..please Arsenal can do better"..the rest is history.

Read this thread Aug 2012....Aniks hits it out of the park.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=224279&p=3603077&hi ... e#p3603077
It wasn't exactly rocket science to see. There're at least two other posters who made similar comments.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nkume wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
mmeny wrote:

This player is growing on me as an impact player on the wings. I would be happy paying 40 million for him than 90 mill for Lemar :curse:

When I mentioned

Alderwereild
Wanyama
Nzonzi
Van Dijk
Suarez

I could go on and on .... many goats chuckled or ran their mouths .... well we see how much money these guys eventually cost and how well they’ve performed .... let’s watch and see.

Sharrap!

As usual a Know nothing empty vessel making the most sounds :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
mmeny wrote:

When I mentioned

Alderwereild
Wanyama
Nzonzi
Van Dijk
Suarez

I Remember when Aniks was begging Arsenal to buy a certain Mousa Dembele from Fulham, and same sentiment was made "Average CM from Fulham..please Arsenal can do better"..the rest is history.

OMG OMG CE never forgets :rotf: :rotf: I fear una :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

kajifu wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
mmeny wrote:

When I mentioned

Alderwereild
Wanyama
Nzonzi
Van Dijk
Suarez

:clap: :clap: Uncle Aniks take a bow,@TG you also need to take a bow :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I want to bring another thread that one know it all said he is not good and we have better players but it will be like am exposing the person so will let it slide.
Hmmm we know how likes of Walcott were shrine here

Abeg thank you ja re ... hey no one is perfect but there are a band of muppets who are always wrong and don’t know shyt about the game but all they do is goad and hate .... but anyway thank god for the ignore button :thumb:

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

platinum wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
mmeny wrote:

When I mentioned

Alderwereild
Wanyama
Nzonzi
Van Dijk
Suarez

It wasn't exactly rocket science to see. There're at least two other posters who made similar comments.

Those same guys also touted N'Zonzi whilst at Blackburn, Van dijk whilst at Celtic, , Suarez during run at Ajax, Alderweireld, Bellerin, etc etc.

Not sure why it's so hard for some to admit Aniks has a good eye for talent.

Is Aniks perfect no, but my point is when Aniks touts Zaha it should not be dismissed out of hand.
Last edited by Tunisian Gooner on Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
platinum wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
mmeny wrote:

When I mentioned

Alderwereild
Wanyama
Nzonzi
Van Dijk
Suarez

Those same guys also touted N'Zonzi whilst at Blackburn, Van dijk whilst at Celtic, , Suarez during run at Ajax, Alderweireld, Bellerin, etc etc.

Not sure why it's so hard for some to admit Aniks as good eye for talent.

IS Aniks perfect no but my point is when Aniks touts Zaha it should be dismissed out of hand.
@TG , my issue with uncle Aniks is that he knows someone who knows Wenger yet he is not helping the team by begging the person to talk to Wenger.
That to me is like you have money but refused to buy food for hungry people.How come Aniks see all this but not Wenger that is paid 100 million?
Hope this is his last season sha as coach.
@TG if Wenger step down do you think Henry can be manager?Someone say he will take over but I ask myself has he even coach a team before not talking this under21 for beloved.
I will be watching him on Belgium bench
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

As your Ngwa friend said, sharap dia :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
I supported ALL of those players, for real though. Problem is that the current Arsenal setup and dynamics does not favor talented players with no leadership skills. Zaha looks like he could benefit from mentoring...otherwise he'll become another Gervinho@ Arsenal.[/quote]

choi this is wikidness of the ultra level Gevinho ??
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Siddonlook11 wrote:As your Ngwa friend said, sharap dia :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
I supported ALL of those players, for real though. Problem is that the current Arsenal setup and dynamics does not favor talented players with no leadership skills. Zaha looks like he could benefit from mentoring...otherwise he'll become another Gervinho@ Arsenal.

choi this is wikidness of the ultra level Gevinho ??[/quote]

You do know some attacked me here for pointing out how useless Yao Kouasi was? They actually claimed, after a few games at His new club what a mistake I had made .... funny how quickly they shut up :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nabil Fekir and Thomas Lemar are two young French players frequently linked with Arsenal but the reason I am warming to the idea of Zaha is because he is a London player and possesses one of the few things we lack at the moment .... Explosive pace on the wing and dribbling ability.

Iwobi might play on the flanks but he is not being used to his full potential, because he is a #10 and is currently lost ... the international break couldn’t have come sooner for the young lad to clear his head. Zaha has improved his final ball and when you combine him with the pace of Abumeyang defenses are more or less scared out of their minds to press Arsenal.

Plus with his dribbling ability and lack of scruples with diving, he is a natural space creator as he can break down defenses and open space for others .... an asset which we currently don’t have.

Mezut can’t do it and neither can the Armenian Kpele :woot: on any consistent basis .... for a good price I like the move ...: just my $0.02

MLK.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

anikulapo wrote:Nabil Fekir and Thomas Lemar are two young French players frequently linked with Arsenal but the reason I am warming to the idea of Zaha is because he is a London player and possesses one of the few things we lack at the moment .... Explosive pace on the wing and dribbling ability.

Iwobi might play on the flanks but he is not being used to his full potential, because he is a #10 and is currently lost ... the international break couldn’t have come sooner for the young lad to clear his head. Zaha has improved his final ball and when you combine him with the pace of Abumeyang defenses are more or less scared out of their minds to press Arsenal.

Plus with his dribbling ability and lack of scruples with diving, he is a natural space creator as he can break down defenses and open space for others .... an asset which we currently don’t have.

Mezut can’t do it and neither can the Armenian Kpele :woot: on any consistent basis .... for a good price I like the move ...: just my $0.02
Another attacker again? Our problem has never been scoring goals but rather keeping them out of our net. Above and beyond anything else, we need to sign 1 defensive CM this summer and give more opportunity to Niles to play in his position. We need one or 2 CDs and then either buy a goalie or give more opportunity in the league to our current 3rd goalie.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
platinum wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
mmeny wrote:

When I mentioned

Alderwereild
Wanyama
Nzonzi
Van Dijk
Suarez

Not sure why it's so hard for some to admit Aniks has a good eye for talent.

Is Aniks perfect no, but my point is when Aniks touts Zaha it should not be dismissed out of hand.
No one is talking about perfection though it's good to know we don't have god sitting with us. It'd have been a shame to dismiss that all this time. He's hyped guys who others have hyped too, I'm not sure what candy you want him to get for that.
You hyped Jurgen Klopp and get slaughtered for it when most didn't want to stick their necks out, have you collected your candy yet? :P
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Nabil Fekir and Thomas Lemar are two young French players frequently linked with Arsenal but the reason I am warming to the idea of Zaha is because he is a London player and possesses one of the few things we lack at the moment .... Explosive pace on the wing and dribbling ability.

Another attacker again? Our problem has never been scoring goals but rather keeping them out of our net. Above and beyond anything else, we need to sign 1 defensive CM this summer and give more opportunity to Niles to play in his position. We need one or 2 CDs and then either buy a goalie or give more opportunity in the league to our current 3rd goalie.

I guess you’ve been tone deaf or reading challenged when I have been calling for Nzonzi and Kondogbia for the past four years but ahhh you’ve got your hero Chacrap so why are you crying :mrgreen:

We’ve lost Walcott, Ox and Sanchez .... who on our current roster has the explosive direct dribbling ability of zaha from a wide position ?

Oya keeping talking the usual OPAKS :taunt: :taunt: funny in our worst run under Wenger where has your 400k per week dynamo been? It’s a pretty major undertaking to hide that far under the carpet like grass that they have in todays modern stadiums :rotf: :taunt: but somehow the overrated phantom has done so :mrgreen:

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Guys which club can actually stop us from our first European under Wenger?I think with Auba available we are sure favorite for this unless mr Wenger mess it for us.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

kajifu wrote:Guys which club can actually stop us from our first European under Wenger?I think with Auba available we are sure favorite for this unless mr Wenger mess it for us.
Isn't Auba cup tied?
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

Robbynice wrote:
kajifu wrote:Guys which club can actually stop us from our first European under Wenger?I think with Auba available we are sure favorite for this unless mr Wenger mess it for us.
Isn't Auba cup tied?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Robbynice wrote:
Isn't Auba cup tied?

See Bushman :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Robbynice wrote:
Isn't Auba cup tied?
BVB has been eliminated , that should free him up....However Laca boom boom is back in training hahaha :taunt: :taunt:

...Socrates
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Xhaka
Appearances 64
Duels Won 290
Duels Lost 279
Successful 50/50s 34
Aerial Battles Won 69
Aerial Battles Lost 68
Errors Leading To Goal 5

Azuka here are some stats for you :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Xhaka
Appearances 64
Duels Won 290
Duels Lost 279
Successful 50/50s 34
Aerial Battles Won 69
Aerial Battles Lost 68
Errors Leading To Goal 5

Azuka here are some stats for you :taunt: :taunt:
Where are these numbers from? Source please.

BTW: What was it you said about stats again? :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Alexis in his press conference: “I asked the coach of the NT to give me the permission of not joining the squad but I changed my mind. Since I changed clubs many things in my life have become more difficult...it’s rough at the moment.”

Alexis Sanchez: "As I am self-demanding I expected something better [performance-wise from myself], I also had the doubt of coming to the national team, but I then realised it’s better to be together. The change of clubs was something very abrupt.”
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Isn't Auba cup tied?
BVB has been eliminated , that should free him up....However Laca boom boom is back in training hahaha :taunt: :taunt:
I doubt that is how it works but if it works out that way then I am happy... :D
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Robbynice wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Isn't Auba cup tied?
I doubt that is how it works but if it works out that way then I am happy... :D

Ok yokes aprt ...he cant play ..

""The reason Aubameyang is ineligible to play for Arsenal is because only one player could be registered for European football in January.

As Henrikh Mkhitaryan signed for Arsenal first, he was added to the Europa League squad, leaving no room for former Dortmund team-mate Aubameyang."" source the much maligned sun newspaper

...Socrates
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Isn't Auba cup tied?
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club/ars ... opa-league
Last edited by Tunisian Gooner on Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'