The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:So Arsenal gets a bloody reject for one of the best players in the world? Someone needs to be fired for this :curse: :curse: i feel sorry for Mikhcrap sef. Knives are already out for him by annoyed Gunners on social media. He better come with his best.

I have never been a fan of the Armenian Mouseketeer but a part of me dey sorry for the guy. So I go withhold all my prior views and give poor guy a chance and a fresh board to write his destiny.

It is what it is so make we watch and see :scared:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Bloody reject? Arsenal is made by rejects. What's your point?

No, please dont withhold your views, keep calling him Mikhcrap :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

With Sanchez, Coq and Walcott departures and their hefty wages off the books, could Ozil get an improved contract now to meet his demands?
If so, then maybe he will sign before becoming a free agent? Maybe that is Arsenal/Wenger master plan.

Bepanda
anikulapo wrote:No wonder Droopy looked so glum.
Sanchez is paid a kings ransom despite being in the same position. Even Walcrap drew 20 million yet not one team looking at Ozil :laugh: :rotf: :rotf:
What a face palm for the so called Best #10 In the world :lol:
Azuka and Skylolo don’t cry too much ohhh .. water don find em level for una loser :woot:
SIX months to free agency and not one stinking offer :rotf:
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Would Giroud be the player going the other way? If so, then Arsenal becomes even more one dimensional and predictable.
Giroud adds a different dimension (Aerial), which was not really well exploited, but was a constant thread.
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Let’s pray Gazidis can be like Dein and not come back without a signed deal and Abu in am Arsenal jersey
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:Would Giroud be the player going the other way? If so, then Arsenal becomes even more one dimensional and predictable.
Giroud adds a different dimension (Aerial), which was not really well exploited, but was a constant thread.
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Abu is not Giroud like in the air but he is not Lacazette useless ... and besides, how many times do we utilize Giroud’s aerial ability ?
Last edited by anikulapo on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bepanda wrote:With Sanchez, Coq and Walcott departures and their hefty wages off the books, could Ozil get an improved contract now to meet his demands?
If so, then maybe he will sign before becoming a free agent? Maybe that is Arsenal/Wenger master plan.

Bepanda
Sanchez is paid a kings ransom despite being in the same position. Even Walcrap drew 20 million yet not one team looking at Ozil :laugh: :rotf: :rotf:
Azuka and Skylolo don’t cry too much ohhh .. water don find em level for una loser :woot:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

How do i break this to you. Mkhitaryan is now your highest paid player. He earns more at Arsenal than Sanchez earned at Arsenal. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What hefty wage is off the books? How much do you think Auba will earn???

Sometimes I wonder. I think Arsenal fans have this idea that everyone takes a pay cut to play for the legend wenger and some players will even pay Arsenal just to sit close to wenger. :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

realtrouble wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:I'll give this to Arsenal this Jan they have been decisive and efficient.

There has been no hedging , no dithering, no procrastination. they had as plan for Jan window and have followed suit. Sold Coq, Theo and Sanchez in expedited fashion and identified and seemingly acquired desired replacement sans genuine drama in Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang.

Sanchez exit very messy but unlike RVP Arsenal had a plan, followed through and salvaged a decent return out of a bad situation.

Still huge concern with CM, believe Arsenal are truly missing out not going all in on Ndidi, Ndidi acquisition would be a game changer for Arsenal highly flawed CM. Also concern over CB, contrast between Kos and likes of Chambers and Holding is the size of the Atlantic Ocean. CB like Tarkowski whilst not a big name would be a massive upgrade over Holding and Chambers.
Tarkowski is a solid defender, the priority must be a new defender and CM. Chambers and Holding are not ready at this level.
I have been begging for this guy or maguire . We need that as backup and Tarkowski will be cheap.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:I'll give this to Arsenal this Jan they have been decisive and efficient.

There has been no hedging , no dithering, no procrastination. they had as plan for Jan window and have followed suit. Sold Coq, Theo and Sanchez in expedited fashion and identified and seemingly acquired desired replacement sans genuine drama in Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang.

Sanchez exit very messy but unlike RVP Arsenal had a plan, followed through and salvaged a decent return out of a bad situation.

Still huge concern with CM, believe Arsenal are truly missing out not going all in on Ndidi, Ndidi acquisition would be a game changer for Arsenal highly flawed CM. Also concern over CB, contrast between Kos and likes of Chambers and Holding is the size of the Atlantic Ocean. CB like Tarkowski whilst not a big name would be a massive upgrade over Holding and Chambers.
Tarkowski is a solid defender, the priority must be a new defender and CM. Chambers and Holding are not ready at this level.
I have been begging for this guy or maguire . We need that as backup and Tarkowski will be cheap.
Tarkowski, yes. Maguire, no. He always looks like he's half asleep.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Maybe ... Maybe, just maybe you could use some math?
Walcott + Sanchez + Coq wages getting off the books. Possibly Giroud wages also going off the books, if he is sent to Dortmund.
Mikha + Auba wages added.
Ozil has already been offered improved wages compared to what he is on today.
Does that help you understand?
I know Math is not easy, but at least you could try !!!
danfo driver wrote:
bepanda wrote:With Sanchez, Coq and Walcott departures and their hefty wages off the books, could Ozil get an improved contract now to meet his demands?
Bepanda
:lol: :lol: :lol:

How do i break this to you. Mkhitaryan is now your highest paid player. He earns more at Arsenal than Sanchez earned at Arsenal. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What hefty wage is off the books? How much do you think Auba will earn???

Sometimes I wonder. I think Arsenal fans have this idea that everyone takes a pay cut to play for the legend wenger and some players will even pay Arsenal just to sit close to wenger. :rotf: :rotf:
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

But he has scored vital goals for Arsenal through his aerial ... Giroud has also help defend corners ...
How do you plan on defending corners/dead balls with Mustafi, Ramsey, Wilshere, Mikha, Ozil Xhaka, Monreal, Bellerin, Laca, ... None of these guys is even close to 5ft11 tall and hate to use their heads.
If these expected changes go through, I believe that the blueprint for beating Arsenal will only get easier.
anikulapo wrote:
bepanda wrote:Would Giroud be the player going the other way? If so, then Arsenal becomes even more one dimensional and predictable.
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Abu is not Giroud like in the air but he is not Lacazette useless ... and besides, how many times do we utilize Giroud’s aerial ability ?
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

We already bought a defender from Greece. He will be playing soon.
Siddonlook11 wrote:
realtrouble wrote:

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
realtrouble wrote:

You think Burnley will give you tarkowski for cheap? Are you serious? :rotf: Secondly you need to be careful rating defenders from bus parking teams. Callumity Chambers looked serviceable while
Playing at Middlesborough because they parked TEN buses BEHIND the ball and allowed him to mop up.

When you play for Arsenal and are required to fend for yourself with little or no protection then defenders get exposed and made to look ridiculous

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
realtrouble wrote:

Tarkowski just signed a renewed deal at Burnley a week or two ago. This is the Premier League. If you think he'll be cheap or that Burnley have any reason to sell him by force, you're very mistaken.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

jdizzy wrote:

Dude let it go....this 2 year joke has gone stale. Get new material
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
To God be the glory
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

This has got to be the best transfer window for the club that I can remember for a very long time and that is despite losing a prime time talent like Sanchez, we have managed to recoup £32m on Walcott and Coq and get rid of their wages.

If anybody had offered me Mikhtaryan in exchange and Auba(hopefully) at the rumoured price I would have bitten their hands off. Auba should easily replace Sanchez goals while Mikhtaryan brings some extra creativity. I laugh at some of the names Mikitharyan has been called, people need to remember this is a player that has won Bundesliga best player before and been Europe’s assist king.....some of us here were so so dissapointed when he went to Manure in the first place. I am licking my lips at the thought of him lining up with Ozil with the speed of Auba ahead of them to find.... :thumbs:

Another benefit of these transfers is the other contract rebel Ozil may actually look now and think it may not be bad to stick around afterall. If Auba and Mikihi hit the ground running as I expect, they should take some of the weight off our brilliant German.

It would have been nice to get a ball winning CM to cap it off but Will take this for now, this is much more than I expected.
To God be the glory
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... l-11884343

Klopp digs the knife into Arsene’s back.... smh

but he was making what he considers a factual statement.
Can hear Lewandoski and Gotze laughing :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Gotze, Lewandowski and Hummels went to Bayern from Egypt !!
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:According to my good friend at the Emirates today:

No Chilean Bellamy to stop Venga ball now. The exchange between Ozil and Wilshere is telepathic....

I nor finish. These English men with their big mouth.

Chilean Bellamy! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I was in stitches. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Joke is on you mate. Sanchez was by far our best player over the 2.5 or 3.5 years he pkayed for Arsenal. If you think Arsenal is stronger by selling him then I have a bridge to sell to you.
Well, that's your opinion and I strongly disagree. The joke is on you cos you are not aware of how I really feel about the player.

Santi was easily our best till we lost him. Then Ozil became our best player. The Chilean Bellamy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: was never our best player.

Just my opinion.

If you have been following my posts here, you will know I have had issues with Sanchez for over 2 years due to the problems he was for the club off the pitch. One thing, I never took away from him is his quality on the pitch.

Finally, you saw how Iwobi played today in his favourite position. If Sanchez leaving gives Alex more game in the roles he prefers on the pitch and we win, I have no complaints. I will not miss Sanchez and many here know it.
Alexis Sanchez was Arsenal's best player last season....easily. This demonization of players who choose to leave has to stop, it's not becoming.
What demonisation? You have an opinion, I have mine. To you he was, to me he was not. Fair enough, we agree to disagree. No need to judge or cast aspersions at another's opinion cos you disagree.

Besides, you love to look at my posts history or timeline here. If you are being honest, you will know for about 2 years, I have been calling the player out here for his behaviour. You should know I don't like the player but I have never questioned his quality.

Yesterday, to make sure the player was going, I went into the Arsenal shop. I did not see anything with Sanchez in the shop. It gave me a nice feeling. I don't care about the player anymore, he is no longer Arsenal. I am just glad he is out of my Club.

Finally, you saw how Iwobi played today in his favourite position. If Sanchez leaving gives Alex more game in the roles he prefers on the pitch and we win, I have no complaints. I will not miss Sanchez and many here know it.

If Alexis wasn't the best, who was?

If you've paid attention, you'll note that it's been you AND I who have raised questions about Alexis.
Santi was easily our best till we lost him. Then Ozil became our best player.
Ozil is our best player for me and I always felt he will be the most difficult to replace if he left. Most people do not appreciate the multiplier effect his creativity, range of passing passing and overall tactical intelligence brings to the team...just watch Arsenal when he is not playing. There was a spell when he was out for a month or thereabouts last season, we could not win.
To God be the glory
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Skylolo so your self proclaimed best player at Arsenal is unwanted by even Inter Milan :woot: it seems quite clear you know very little about talent evaluation :taunt:

MLK.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

anikulapo wrote:Skylolo so your self proclaimed best player at Arsenal is unwanted by even Inter Milan :woot: it seems quite clear you know very little about talent evaluation :taunt:

There are some men who only come to appreciate their wife is beatiful when their wives leave the space for other men to flirt with them.
To God be the glory
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

I always laugh when people tell us that Ozil is our best player. Yes, he has exceeded his extremely low expectations in recent weeks, but this is a guy who until recently only showed up every 4th game. If Arsenal is going to build its future on Ozil ... good luck finishing the season above Burnley and West Ham year.
anikulapo wrote:Skylolo so your self proclaimed best player at Arsenal is unwanted by even Inter Milan :woot: it seems quite clear you know very little about talent evaluation :taunt:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:But he has scored vital goals for Arsenal through his aerial ... Giroud has also help defend corners ...
How do you plan on defending corners/dead balls with Mustafi, Ramsey, Wilshere, Mikha, Ozil Xhaka, Monreal, Bellerin, Laca, ... None of these guys is even close to 5ft11 tall and hate to use their heads.
If these expected changes go through, I believe that the blueprint for beating Arsenal will only get easier.
anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

True he has scored some critical headers but how many headers on defense do you remember him winning. Plus how much has his static nature stopped us from being a fast paced quick moving fluid team that Wenger ideally would prefer?

I'm really looking forward to how well Abu fits in here. Personally I would send Lacazette to Dirtmund

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Skylolo wrote:This has got to be the best transfer window for the club that I can remember for a very long time and that is despite losing a prime time talent like Sanchez, we have managed to recoup £32m on Walcott and Coq and get rid of their wages.

If anybody had offered me Mikhtaryan in exchange and Auba(hopefully) at the rumoured price I would have bitten their hands off. Auba should easily replace Sanchez goals while Mikhtaryan brings some extra creativity. I laugh at some of the names Mikitharyan has been called, people need to remember this is a player that has won Bundesliga best player before and been Europe’s assist king.....some of us here were so so dissapointed when he went to Manure in the first place. I am licking my lips at the thought of him lining up with Ozil with the speed of Auba ahead of them to find.... :thumbs:

Another benefit of these transfers is the other contract rebel Ozil may actually look now and think it may not be bad to stick around afterall. If Auba and Mikihi hit the ground running as I expect, they should take some of the weight off our brilliant German.

It would have been nice to get a ball winning CM to cap it off but Will take this for now, this is much more than I expected.

This man Skylolo is worse than a Trump supporter. Talk about burying ones head in the same :rotf:

LMAO :mrgreen:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

ojafranpa wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... l-11884343

Klopp digs the knife into Arsene’s back.... smh

but he was making what he considers a factual statement.
Can hear Lewandoski and Gotze laughing :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Gotze, Lewandowski and Hummels went to Bayern from Egypt !!

Moron,

You do know that Lewa left on a free and Gotze had a release clause activated right?

Mugu :mrgreen:

MLK.