The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Robbynice »

Gooner1 wrote:Trivia alert....... when was the last time Robby posted a State Of The Union thread?
Omo the state of our union get as e be right about now but I hope for the best between now and May...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Robbynice wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:Trivia alert....... when was the last time Robby posted a State Of The Union thread?
Omo the state of our union get as e be right about now but I hope for the best between now and May...

Omo, after May nko? shambles?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Coach wrote:Mkhitaryan is arguably one of the most cerebral players in the game, with his apathetic innings at Old Trafford easily explained by his failure to adjust to northern culture and climate. London's bustling multicultural metropolis facilitates adaptation, Aleksandr Hleb for instance. A skewered look at Sanchez's statistics suggests the Chilean is on the wane. Slowly his body, overburdened by his high energy output of years past, is beginning to fail him. The injuries are accumulating, the number of sprints recedes, the distance coveted dwindles. Sports scientists at the club advised Arsene against offering Alexis a new deal. What is playing out, is one of the biggest robberies since Ronnie Biggs pointed his deringer at Thomas the tank engine. Arsenal didn't want Sanchez, United are paying premium rate for their pretence. #masterstroke
If what you say is true, why didn't they sell him in June for £60 million?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

anikulapo wrote:THE only gallows humor in this dark stage of being an Arsenal fan is the news that Chelsea’s fans have bombarded Andy Carolls website a dna threatened the poor guy for the crime of being rumored as a transfer target for the club :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You can’t make this crazy shyt up :lol: :lol: I wish Arsenal fan show will do the sameness to Mikhcraps page and that of that useless London Gun club :curse:
Whoever started that rumour must be arrested to start with.....i mean Carol for Chelsea :scared: Tufiakwa
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:mscheew. Other than selling Coq and Walcott, we are still selling groundnuts?

Anyway, kudos to Arsenal for selling those two. Now can they make deals and replace them with solid contributors, instead of promoting Bielik and Zelalem?
Zelalem is recovering from cruciate ligament injury. Miles away from 1st team. Arsenal looking for experience in CD.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:THE only gallows humor in this dark stage of being an Arsenal fan is the news that Chelsea’s fans have bombarded Andy Carolls website a dna threatened the poor guy for the crime of being rumored as a transfer target for the club :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You can’t make this crazy shyt up :lol: :lol: I wish Arsenal fan show will do the sameness to Mikhcraps page and that of that useless London Gun club :curse:
Mikh is desperate. He took ManU's money despite knowing the football philosophy of the Coach will not suit his game.

If Arsenal get him on a cut price deal, you have to take it. His style will suit our system and philosophy. ManU will pay up and Arsenal will get a quality player on the cheap if they want Sanchez.

Arsenal have refused to deal with City (remember RvP) and Sanchez has taken ManU's money. But Mikh has to go or no deal. You bet your bottom dollar, Mikh is farked at Manu.

Jesu Waffi are you kidding? Demand money for Sanchez and let it be. I will take even Big fella Fellaini over that worthless piece of Armenian crap .... are you kidding me Waffi?

That turd makes Ozil look more dynamic than Pavel nedved and KDB combined ... Haba Biko no way no how for that turd ... nah I ain’t having it. Take money and give United the middle finger for Mikcrap. Nah by force? See me see trouble ohhh

Prayer and fasting is the way for you. Pray, pray hard, pray to the lord you worship, the lord of loosening tongues and binding demons, praaaaaay your hardest. Because if miki and ozil combine, that na death :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Mikh is desperate. He took ManU's money despite knowing the football philosophy of the Coach will not suit his game.

If Arsenal get him on a cut price deal, you have to take it. His style will suit our system and philosophy. ManU will pay up and Arsenal will get a quality player on the cheap if they want Sanchez.

Arsenal have refused to deal with City (remember RvP) and Sanchez has taken ManU's money. But Mikh has to go or no deal. You bet your bottom dollar, Mikh is farked at Manu.

Jesu Waffi are you kidding? Demand money for Sanchez and let it be. I will take even Big fella Fellaini over that worthless piece of Armenian crap .... are you kidding me Waffi?

That turd makes Ozil look more dynamic than Pavel nedved and KDB combined ... Haba Biko no way no how for that turd ... nah I ain’t having it. Take money and give United the middle finger for Mikcrap. Nah by force? See me see trouble ohhh
My bro, if all these reports are true. Does it matter what you or I think of the player's abilities?

ManU want to ensure City don't get Sanchez, to get Arsenal onside to do business, they have put in a player they know Arsenal want and they want to be rid of for playing and financial reasons. Arsenal were looking at a dead end with City and saw no end that might suit them. Arsenal were livid with the way City have conducted the Sanchez business. City played hard ball until ManU stepped in. To Arsenal, this is a life line. Arsenal have another chance to cock a snook at City.

Right now, Arsenal will not deal with City and they have pulled out. But this can still change, this is football, nothing is settled until it is signed. This is the only way we do not get Mikh.

Even if Arsenal lost out on the player in the past, you forget about it and get down to business. For me, Arsenal cannot lose in the Mikh deal. It is in the interest of all parties to get a deal done. I hope it is done.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Make I go read Waffi's posts jo. Na only him fit reassure me say Arsenal management folks never care finish. :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

What was the REAL reason for not selling Sanchez in the summer? Was there some confidence that they could convince him to stay during the last year of his contract?
The problem is everyone wants to revise history by pretending they do not remember City finally coming with the money Arsenal demanded for Sanchez only a few hours to go in the window.

This gave Arsenal little time to find a replacement, Lemar deal did not happen, Arsenal held on to Sanchez.

Everyone here was happy to keep Sanchez then, now I read the same people who questioned the ambition of the club if they sold to a rival in the summer, now claim they knew all along that this will happen. Arsenal should have sold in the summer.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

"Man U want to ensure City don't get Sanchez, to get Arsenal onside to do business, they have put in a player..."

Why is Raola, who may be a tad more privy to the nature of the deal, but only a tad or perhaps a smidgen, suggesting there is no Sanchez deal, with the latter being part of a package to take Mkhitaryan to Fort Ashburton? What's El Gordo talking about, wasn't Mesutaryan thrown in to smooth over the Alexis signing?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bouncino wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
bouncino wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
bouncino wrote:The team needs an enforcer in CM but watch AW focus on offensive players only.

Wait isn't that Xhacrap??? :rotf: :rotf:
No, Xhaka is not.
I do not understand this talk about an 'Enforcer'. I read so much about it here and wonder if we are talking the same thing. First let's try to deal with the definition. Do you guys mean a Hard Man, a midfielder who make tough tackles and gives an attitude to their team. The type who lead their team by looking to intimidate the other team. The type with desire and fight that get them into trouble, with yellow and even red cards.

Look! I am not naive, this is an important role for all teams. I know every team team needs players who demands the best from everyone on the field, every team needs that type of players that will seek retribution if a team mate receives harsh treatment from the other team. That leader or leaders are very vocal players that demands the best from team mates and if anyone is not giving their best, they will be sure to let them know it. This is an important role for all teams and you needs players like this. The myth is, this player has to play midfield or you only need one of them in the team. I know from my years of watching Arsenal and all top teams, that this sort of players were all over the pitch and it was not only one of them. Arsenal had hard men all over the pitch and these hard men could play. The thing about them also, is when you kicked Henry or Pires, you knew there was going to be retribution but you could never guess who it was that was going to dish it out. This helped the team and the Refs could not single out a players most of the time. In the ManU team, one of the nastiest players was Giggs, he gave his team mates the heardest of times and every time I watched, I was always impressed by his leadership skills. But you never hear this mentioned about Giggs, on the opposite is Vieira. The nonsense of Vieira being called an enforcer. Vieira physical side often gave this notion of a hard man whose technical skills were grossly under rated. Vieira's technical abilities far out weighted his physical abilities and Wenger has always concentrated on footballers before hard men.

Arsenal's problem in MF has nothing to do with a so called enforcer IMHO. Our problem is all about that player who can play out of the press, that player that can break the lines from central midfield, not some physical enforcer. For me, the difference between an ordinary team and a good one, are those with players that can turn defensive situations into attacking ones in 2 to 3 seconds. That is what we lack, not some so called enforcers. An analysis of last season showed how the game has changed in this country. For the first time, more goals were scored in transition situations than fro set piece situations. Indeed, transition situations, led to the most set piece situations. So all this enforcer talk, IMHO is way off the mark. Our problem in the last two seasons have started when we lost Santi - he is no enforcer. Losing him meant we lost the man who could do everything and was our technical controller in that MF. With him absent, teams used a new approach with their pressing. They pressed us with numbers, forced us to pass back to the Goalie who hoofed the ball. When we tried to force the issue, we gave the ball away or were pressed into errors. During the course of a game, this happened too many times. Another way we get out of defence is to use wide positions, with MF lacking Santi, it was all too predictable and slow. We we got the ball to the wide man, he was so often with his back to goal and could not take the ball on the half turn etc. etc.

Xhaka's was used to staying in a fixed zone and dictating play in a very rigid defensive system. Last season, he had to adapt to a fluid system with the Boss asking him to be more box to box. He does not have the dexterity or nimble feet of Santi, so when pressed, he could not dribble out of tight situations like Santi, consequently he was not so effective with those defensive splitting passes that broke the lines taking out 2 to 3 defenders. Xhaka was targeted cos he was new to the league and was adapting his game and mentality. He struggled when he first lost Santi as a partner especially, cos Santi took attention away from him and we retained the ball far better. Go watch the Watford at Vicarage Rd. Xhaka showed great mentality and improved despite playing with different partners until Ramsey was fit and he was able to play with him more in a system change. Perhaps the most important quality we lost was his ability the dribble out of the press. We lost the ability to build quickly from defence, thus giving Ozil and Sanchez the ball early and in space with one on one situations.

Our system change, is often mentioned for how it helped the team defensively because unlike the 4-2-3-1, the 3-4-2-1 we played, gave us that extra man in defense. But, Arsenal extra man made it difficulty for teams to press us with the same kind of success they had with the 4-2-3-1 cos the CDs could pass the ball by stepping into midfield zones. Monreal was especially good with those passes out wide or between the lines to Sanchez or Ozil who will take positions in field whilst the Wide Backs or Full Back offered width. The security of the extra CD who were often nimble and quick. also allowed for Ramsey to break into attacking positions. No sort of enforcer, can bring about such changes in a 4-2-3-1 system, only a ball playing controller like Santi. Lemar if signed can make a difference due to his talent but I prefer him in other positions in the team.

I am concerned Wenger seems to want to gamble again on Santi, even Wilshere another one who is a good option cannot be relied on to be fit. What we need to go get a player like Kovacic. I will take Rabiot, Rafinha and even Imbrula. But I am seriously hoping Wenger does not gamble with the CM position this season. If he really wants to play 4-2-3-1, he needs a player to break the lines.

Finally, I must say, I have noticed Iwobi playing centrally in this position, I saw him play there in the Academy and has the ability to play there. But is he really keen? Does he want to play there? Can Wenger put it in his head that he can be the man? I am watching with keen interest.
Waffi, stop the English.
We are talking of somebody who breaks the opponents play. Arsenal let opponents walk through them. Remember Hazard's goal with Coq falling everywhere. Rem,ember Bayern running rings around Arsenal?
I am talking of a Kante kind of player. Remind me how many red cards he got last season. And yes he scored goals too. Do you remember a certain Giberto?

I am quite sure you know what i am talking about when I say ENFORCER.
:clap: :clap: :clap: take a bow this was July last year you posted,Wenger and his nyash lickers never learn
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Make I go read Waffi's posts jo. Na only him fit reassure me say Arsenal management folks never care finish. :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

What was the REAL reason for not selling Sanchez in the summer? Was there some confidence that they could convince him to stay during the last year of his contract?
The problem is everyone wants to revise history by pretending they do not remember City finally coming with the money Arsenal demanded for Sanchez only a few hours to go in the window.

This gave Arsenal little time to find a replacement, Lemar deal did not happen, Arsenal held on to Sanchez.

Everyone here was happy to keep Sanchez then, now I read the same people who questioned the ambition of the club if they sold to a rival in the summer, now claim they knew all along that this will happen. Arsenal should have sold in the summer.
Why did Arsenal wait till last minute to look for a replacement?Did not you post during that period that Lemar will come and not a replacement for Sanchez.The guy wanted to go if Arsenal keep him,then let him finish the contract now,so what is the point now trying to sell him and bring distraction if the club knew they will do this in January while not let him go in the summer.You once said keeping Sanchez will guarantee top for and he can leave after that and its fine with you,
I remember Bepanda was saying why keep some one who does not want to stay and expect him to give you 100%?60 Million should have been used to get some one else.Since money was not our issue let him stay and finish the season then move on a free.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Waffiman wrote:When Xhaka sets up the chance and Lacazette scores. The Emirates will chant:

"Xhaka Laca Boom Boom"!!!!!!!!
SMH we are still waiting for this :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

kajifu wrote:
Waffiman wrote:When Xhaka sets up the chance and Lacazette scores. The Emirates will chant:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: my ribs ohhhh
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Lacazette, Sanchez and Ozil all done.

Okay according to rumours. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Where are all those doom and gloom merchants who said nobody will sign for Arsenal. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: If true re Ozil and Alexis. We need our BEST players plus additions, instead of selling and trying to replace them.

Wenger should just get Vidal to complete the equation. Enough of all these boys scout abi na choir boy midfielders we are parading. A new Viera, gaddemit!
SMH see how the fool Chief last summer that Sanchez and Ozil sign and chief was :clap: :clap: but credit Chief said if true which means he understand it might be sweet stories
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

kajifu wrote:

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Lacazette, Sanchez and Ozil all done.

Okay according to rumours. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Where are all those doom and gloom merchants who said nobody will sign for Arsenal. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sanchez and Ozil too? If so, best off-season in a long while .... except for the signing of Ozil :taunt:
i hope you see how people lie in this forum with no shame.
Was it best off season uncle?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Uncle can you imagine the two most disappointing players this season in my books
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote:"Man U want to ensure City don't get Sanchez, to get Arsenal onside to do business, they have put in a player..."

Why is Raola, who may be a tad more privy to the nature of the deal, but only a tad or perhaps a smidgen, suggesting there is no Sanchez deal, with the latter being part of a package to take Mkhitaryan to Fort Ashburton? What's El Gordo talking about, wasn't Mesutaryan thrown in to smooth over the Alexis signing?
No he wasnt. Thats why I am laughing at you guys who are being bamboozled by una resident sweet mouth! :lol: :lol: if only you knew the truth! Arsenal was the one who asked for Mkhy! Anyway, soon you will find out! :D

For instance, people are lying that Alexis' salary is 350k because they want to create a specific narrative. :lol: Let me tell you. The new contract mourinho is going to sign with Man United is higher in salary than the salary Alexis is going to make at United. :D
Last edited by danfo driver on Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:

kaiii! Oga waffi mouth sweet like buttermint o! Xhaka laca bem bem nko? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Assnal fans are so delusional
Expectation
Mhkyi. .Auba...Malcom

Reality come end of the season

Iwobi, uzil, Nelson
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kajifu wrote:

I think he meant "Xhaka Laca poo poo" if they don't deliver. You can change the "poo" to "sheit" - same meaning :taunt: :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Assnal fans are so delusional
Expectation
Mhkyi. .Auba...Malcom

Reality come end of the season

Iwobi, uzil, Nelson
Welbeck, Iwobi, Giroud, Lacazette, Ozil, Ramsey... I guess all these men are going to sit on the bench in a world cup year. :lol: :lol:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Nzonzi is dominating this game ... Waffi take note :woot:
Nzonzi, yeah right. He is so good he has played for top clubs in England then a top club in Spain.

You like the player, fair enough. I don't rate him. Above all Wenger, the man with years of experience and the best judge of a player for Arsenal, did not rate and want him. If he did he is at Arsenal by now.

All the rest na opinion and talk. I don't care about him, I saw him play many times at the Emirates, unfortunately, I have also seen Vieira, Gilberto Edu and ManU Petit play in the flesh, he is not good enough to clean the boots of those players. Forgive me, if I Judge players like Nzonzi in such great heights but I have not choice, I have seen the bench mark and will not accept mediocrity. Wenger has spoilt me and I am glad he will not accept mediocrity.

Nzonzi has never been good enough to play for the Arsenal in the box to box role IMHO, but my IHMO is irrelevant and worthless in the grand scheme of things.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :

This personifies all that is wrong with Arsenal :rotf:

You supported paying almost 40 million for a red card magnet and a slow stiff Swiss Tom Huddlestone, yet a true CM who just dominated the game is insulted by you.

Anyway Waffi you wouldn't know talent if it hit you with a MACK truck :laugh: :laugh:
:clap: :clap:Like you call him Slow learner ,you see now what is wrong with Wenger and his gang running our club