The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by kajifu »

Guys this guy is good for counter attack .
We need a winger like that kid Dembele that went to barca
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:Mkhitaryan should we start him against Chelsea on Wednesday?
How should we line up?
Cuptied!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

bepanda wrote:Fair enough to say you won't sign them. And that's ok. But again ... If you don't sign them ... will you be playing Nkethia? Chuba? Where is the replacement?
Arsenal fans are paying the highest fees to watch games at the Emirates, but are offered what in return?
My point is, if you don't pay them, where are your long term plans?
Bepanda
mmeny wrote:
bepanda wrote:As we celebrate the new Gunner, Man City has just announced an extension to Kevin DB contract until 2023. And NO, they aren't breaking the bank for him.
Jack Wilshere still hasn't signed.
Mesut Ozil still hasn't signed.
Aaron Ramsey still hasn't signed.
Maybe ... we just don't want these guys back. Maybe !!!
The only player I would resign from that group is Ozil. The other two British boys unless they agree to be squad players I will let them walk, no way those two should be demanding starting eleven spots.
We have seen their contribution over the years and quite frankly it is not good enough.
It is the catch 22 problem of Arsenal in last 12 years. I do not think they should be starters but we give them star and starter pay bumps which makes even harder to move them or finance moves for would be starters.

It is no coincidence that we barely won anything with the British lots demanding high minutes but with the infusion of European players like Mertesacker, Ozil, Giroud, Sanchez less prominence of Ramsey, Walcott, Chambers, Jenkinson, OX has seen us lift he title 3 times in last 5 year.

Do you think Wilshere with a few good games in a month or so after barely contributing anything of note in last 2-3 years is going to ask for anything less than 160K/wk
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:https://player.arsenal.com/video/breakd ... palace-h-2

Note the section on Alex Iwobi.

Are you talking of the part where he cowered like a scared girl and clutches his heart when Benteke rose to head the ball that eventually led to the consolation goal ? Okay I see :taunt:

That was pathetic Ozil like cowardly defending :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

-------- ========---Cech-------------------------------

-------Koscielny--------Mustaffi-----Monreal

Belerin---------AMN----------Jack-------------------Kolisinac

-----------------Ozil-------------Aubameyang--------------------

---------------------Laca-----------------------------

3-4-2-1-----though i think AW will mainly go with 4-3-3 & 4-1-4-1 more the rest of the season Mikh gets in front of Iwobi while Laca & Auba will switch a lot - expect positional switches in game from Ozil & Mikh a lot.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

mmeny wrote:
bepanda wrote:Fair enough to say you won't sign them. And that's ok. But again ... If you don't sign them ... will you be playing Nkethia? Chuba? Where is the replacement?
Arsenal fans are paying the highest fees to watch games at the Emirates, but are offered what in return?
My point is, if you don't pay them, where are your long term plans?
Bepanda
mmeny wrote:
bepanda wrote:As we celebrate the new Gunner, Man City has just announced an extension to Kevin DB contract until 2023. And NO, they aren't breaking the bank for him.
Jack Wilshere still hasn't signed.
Mesut Ozil still hasn't signed.
Aaron Ramsey still hasn't signed.
Maybe ... we just don't want these guys back. Maybe !!!
The only player I would resign from that group is Ozil. The other two British boys unless they agree to be squad players I will let them walk, no way those two should be demanding starting eleven spots.
We have seen their contribution over the years and quite frankly it is not good enough.
It is the catch 22 problem of Arsenal in last 12 years. I do not think they should be starters but we give them star and starter pay bumps which makes even harder to move them or finance moves for would be starters.

It is no coincidence that we barely won anything with the British lots demanding high minutes but with the infusion of European players like Mertesacker, Ozil, Giroud, Sanchez less prominence of Ramsey, Walcott, Chambers, Jenkinson, OX has seen us lift he title 3 times in last 5 year.

Do you think Wilshere with a few good games in a month or so after barely contributing anything of note in last 2-3 years is going to ask for anything less than 160K/wk

Dude why don’t you stop yelping like a drunk Bingo ..: you seriously have no
Clue ? Tell me how many players have played better or more consistently than Wilshere this season? How many games has your German turkey played in his whole Arsenal career or for any stretch of games that have been stand out performances ? Yet how much do you think he will demand ?

Again ask yourself why with six months remaining no club has come asking for him :idea:

People like you are such empty drums totally bereft of Logic or reality. Even a blind muppet knows that it’s only been horrible injuries that have hampered his progression. No one could ever question his talent , effort or desire but whatever ... we are in the Internet age where every muppet go wan make we hear dem voice .
Last edited by anikulapo on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tolahs wrote:-------- ========---Cech-------------------------------

3-4-2-1-----though i think AW will mainly go with 4-3-3 & 4-1-4-1 more the rest of the season Mikh gets in front of Iwobi while Laca & Auba will switch a lot - expect positional switches in game from Ozil & Mikh a lot.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Interesting options on this video - i am still concerned with our seeming collective ignoring of a MF ball winner - crazy.
Immo duck those of y'all who've a thing for rolling on floors - damn those floors gotta be hurtin'
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

8-) 8-) 8-)
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

When Theo, Gibbs Coq etc left, the immediate response from Arsenal players on Twitter was overwhelming. Since Sanchez left, only two Arsenal player have come out with messages. The silence is deafening.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Good. Far too much time has been invested in social media and not nearly enough in real time. #14gamestogo. #20pluspointsadrift.

42 points from the next 14 games and there's a chance for the title.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

tolahs wrote:-------- ========---Cech-------------------------------

Is this a chosing game? :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Sylvian Lacazette will move wide ala Wiltord the Great.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

I do not want Giroud to go because he does give us a different option.

But if he feels it’s best for him for the World Cup I hope it works for him.

Then come back next season and be more determined than ever.

According to reports from Germany, Dortmund are asking for Giroud as part of any deal for Aubameyang.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Waffiman wrote:I do not want Giroud to go because he does give us a different option.

According to reports from Germany, Dortmund are asking for Giroud as part of any deal for Aubameyang.

Constantly under appreciated player. It's true he was replacing a remarkable RVP but the abilities he brought to the table should have been more respected instead of people acting as if he was the cause of Arsenal's woes. He didnt force Arsenal to buy him.
Every season Giroud was here, right from the start, he was called Donkey, was constantly being 'replaced' by transfers, was too slow, too daft, too everything. At this point I dont know how many goals he has for the club but he's a great second option most definitely.

He'll do well at Dortmund but if that is the move then it needs to be permanent not a loan. For his sake and for Arsenal's.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:I do not want Giroud to go because he does give us a different option.

Constantly under appreciated player. It's true he was replacing a remarkable RVP but the abilities he brought to the table should have been more respected instead of people acting as if he was the cause of Arsenal's woes. He didnt force Arsenal to buy him.
Every season Giroud was here, right from the start, he was called Donkey, was constantly being 'replaced' by transfers, was too slow, too daft, too everything. At this point I dont know how many goals he has for the club but he's a great second option most definitely.

He'll do well at Dortmund but if that is the move then it needs to be permanent not a loan. For his sake and for Arsenal's.
He is much loved at the club now. He has a lovely chant and fans are really hoping it is only a loan deal cos they don't want to lose him.

You know I still cannot get over Jose giving us Mkhitaryan. I actually see him more as long term Santi replacement. We have signed a truly top class player. I do not believe he is damaged goods. On the contrary, We have signed a player with a burning desire to prove a point. I remember how he thrived under Tuchel's system. This is similar to Wenger's.

Look at this stat:
Guys, you know I love my stats. This...

In their last full season together:

Aubameyang - 49 games - 40 goals - 7 assists

Mkhitaryan - 53 games - 19 goals - 24 assists

A goal/assist every 59 minutes. Superb partnership. [Stats via: ESPN]

If they come close to replicating this at Arsenal? :scared:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Arsene Wonga nor go send man to an early grave :twisted: :

"Asked if he was confident of completing a deal for Aubameyang, Wenger said: "Confident or not confident, I don't know."
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... r-confirms
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

cchinukw wrote:Arsene Wonga nor go send man to an early grave :twisted: :

"Asked if he was confident of completing a deal for Aubameyang, Wenger said: "Confident or not confident, I don't know."
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... r-confirms
Papa Wenger is just being coy in respect of Dortmund.

I am hoping, wishing, that this deal is completed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -fans.html

BTW, the Prof needs to figure out how to get Aubumeyang and Lacazette on the pitch at the same time.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:

He is much loved at the club now. He has a lovely chant and fans are really hoping it is only a loan deal cos they don't want to lose him.

You know I still cannot get over Jose giving us Mkhitaryan. I actually see him more as long term Santi replacement. We have signed a truly top class player. I do not believe he is damaged goods. On the contrary, We have signed a player with a burning desire to prove a point. I remember how he thrived under Tuchel's system. This is similar to Wenger's.

Look at this stat:
Guys, you know I love my stats. This...

In their last full season together:

Aubameyang - 49 games - 40 goals - 7 assists

Mkhitaryan - 53 games - 19 goals - 24 assists

A goal/assist every 59 minutes. Superb partnership. [Stats via: ESPN]

If they come close to replicating this at Arsenal? :scared:
Look at this funny man trying to console himself :lol: :lol: :laugh: After all ya sources and fables and mysterious cash plus claims, nah Armenian toilet cleaner you end up with and you dey try portray am as a Savant :woot: :woot: Only an C.E.

Go look for some balm, Arsenal has been raped AGAIN :idea: :idea: by United ....

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I’m still not sure what Alexis was trying to do with his statement and his convoluted description of his conversation with Henry that has caused a bonafide legend such horrible backlash from idiotic Gooners. Henry also needs to be careful with his utterances. He led the charge on television with his claims that there was division within the camp about Sanchez as he claimed some teammates didn’t want to celebrate his goal, when it was quite the opposite .

The whole thing is very strange but this is Arsenal under Arsene: dazed, confused and incoherent.

See how this club is dragging its feet with Abu as the transfer window quickly drags to an end. This club is totally inept and pathetic

MLK.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

With the way things are going here by next week we may start hearing that Auba and Abu na almost the same so let's celebrate the signing of our Abu!

*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *