The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cally
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Cally »

Waffiman wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Arteta is are coming. Rumours! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Arteta captained us to our first trophy in 9 years. He took a pay cut to join Arsenal, and helped see us through one of our most difficult periods on and off the field. Maybe he would do the same as head coach post Wenger.

He would not be my first choice, but to me, all indications are, he was always the man. If and when appointed he will have my wholehearted support.

Yeah looks like I am not buying the jersey this year. What utter rubbish.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Jersey that you've never bought. Every year, you come on here and give a reason why you will not buy the jersey. Let me put this on record for you, you will not be buying the arsenal jersey in the next few years due to one reason or the other. Just don't bother telling us about it anymore, I've already stated that for you. We are aware... :biggrin:
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Arsenal signing a player without a Manager. Times have truly changed.
na wa o..who dem sign ?

me sef wan know
Dortmund CD called Sokratis. Rumours of a medical as it is all agreed. Fee, is claimed to be €20m.

I am quite baffled about this one. Having watched him live a few times, I can say he is an organiser. Yes, we do not have an organiser amongst our CDs, but I will not put him as the top level CD we need. But what do I know.
I like Sokratis. He's a die-hard no -nonsense CB that's in the old school mode. He commits high profile errors every now and then, but he's definitely among the Bundesliga's best defenders. He's also a leader and organizer like someone already mentioned here.

My preference is for Vieira ahead of the likes of Arteta, but I'm warming up to the idea of Arteta coming in. From stories that I've read recently, he's not quite as docile as he appears to be. I'm intrigued by his impending appointment, and if completed, he will have my support.

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Arsenal signing a player without a Manager. Times have truly changed.
na wa o..who dem sign ?

me sef wan know
Dortmund CD called Sokratis. Rumours of a medical as it is all agreed. Fee, is claimed to be €20m.

I am quite baffled about this one. Having watched him live a few times, I can say he is an organiser. Yes, we do not have an organiser amongst our CDs, but I will not put him as the top level CD we need. But what do I know.
I like Sokratis. He's a die-hard no -nonsense CB that's in the old school mode. He commits high profile errors every now and then, but he's definitely among the Bundesliga's best defenders. He's also a leader and organizer like someone already mentioned here.

My preference is for Vieira ahead of the likes of Arteta, but I'm warming up to the idea of Arteta coming in. From stories that I've read recently, he's not quite as docile as he appears to be. I'm intrigued by his impending appointment, and if completed, he will have my support.
Mustafi x2! :rotf:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Arteta captained us to our first trophy in 9 years. He took a pay cut to join Arsenal, and helped see us through one of our most difficult periods on and off the field. Maybe he would do the same as head coach post Wenger.

He would not be my first choice, but to me, all indications are, he was always the man. If and when appointed he will have my wholehearted support.

Jersey that you've never bought. Every year, you come on here and give a reason why you will not buy the jersey. Let me put this on record for you, you will not be buying the arsenal jersey in the next few years due to one reason or the other. Just don't bother telling us about it anymore, I've already stated that for you. We are aware... :biggrin:
ohenhen, truth be told. It's been awhile since you last bought one. :lol:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Given the new coaching structure guinea pigging at Cashburton, Mikel Aryessir makes perfect sense...all kicks off in the corridor after the Manchester derby, only one left battered and bruised? Got it in one. Arsenal don’t want revolution, they redefine themselves as a light heavyweight at best, more of a catch weight Tony Bellew. Said it many moons back, Gandalf will tear the towers down with his tarnished legacy. There’ll be a couple David Hayes and a title fight of some description, but prime time Maddison Square Garden? More like Covent Garden and an opium den with Oscar Wilde.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Kai Dokita..wetin Mustafa do u now ? You really no like the guy :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Mustafi x2! :rotf:[/quote]
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Welldone TAA breaking into the England squad, any news on whether My Son was “developed” into World Cup squad inclusion?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
na wa o..who dem sign ?

me sef wan know

I mentioned him being a leader and organizer. I agree with you but if Refs let him be, imagine him and Mavropanos next season? That will put all physical strikers in their place.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
na wa o..who dem sign ?

me sef wan know

I mentioned him being a leader and organizer. I agree with you but if Refs let him be, imagine him and Mavropanos next season? That will put all physical strikers in their place.
No doubt, bro..

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:Nah only God go save Sven and Ivan and co if and when this season goes up in flames sha ... make i go find better popcorn ... this season go fun no be small :taunt:
I noticed you have not mentioned this.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.stan ... html%3famp

Note Dein was in charge, not Wenger. What Wenger did not say of course is the Board actually pulled the plug on the deal.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
na wa o..who dem sign ?

me sef wan know

No doubt, bro..
For too long, these physical strikers have bullied our CDs. They will change it immediately. I am looking forward to seeing both of them. I just hope this deal is finalised.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Nah only God go save Sven and Ivan and co if and when this season goes up in flames sha ... make i go find better popcorn ... this season go fun no be small :taunt:

Note Dein was in charge, not Wenger. What Wenger did not say of course is the Board actually pulled the plug on the deal.

That boy would have been even more phenomenal :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: and could have won us a few trophies.

Who was responsible for the Suarez saga?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

That boy would have been even more phenomenal :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: and could have won us a few trophies.

You dey mind Waffi :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

So Lacazette didn’t make the France 23 for the World Cup. He is rather placed in the reserves.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Goalkeepers: Areola, Lloris, Mandanda

Defenders: Hernandez, Kimpembe, Mendy, Pavard, Rami, Sidibe, Umtiti, Varane.

Midfielders: Kante, Matuidi, N'Zonzi, Pogba, Tolisso

Forwards: O. Dembele, Fekir, Giroud, Griezmann, Lemar, Mbappe, Thauvin.

RESERVES

Ben Yedder, Coman, Costil, Debuchy, Digne, Lacazette, Martial, Rabiot, Sakho, Sissoko, ZouNa.

How can one country be blessed with so much talent sans the likes of GK, Payet and KOSCIELNY :scared:

Why is Wenger bothered with club management ? He should be waiting to take over the French team when Deschamps chokes in Russia :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Cito wrote:So Lacazette didn’t make the France 23 for the World Cup. He is rather placed in the reserves.
Deschamps is smoking serious goof! :mad:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Cito wrote:So Lacazette didn’t make the France 23 for the World Cup. He is rather placed in the reserves.
Alexandre Double Ogbuefi Lacazette pulled from the roster, at the same stage in his career. All the better for Beloved, fresh legs for the new era.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Coach wrote:Given the new coaching structure guinea pigging at Cashburton, Mikel Aryessir makes perfect sense...all kicks off in the corridor after the Manchester derby, only one left battered and bruised? Got it in one. Arsenal don’t want revolution, they redefine themselves as a light heavyweight at best, more of a catch weight Tony Bellew. Said it many moons back, Gandalf will tear the towers down with his tarnished legacy. There’ll be a couple David Hayes and a title fight of some description, but prime time Maddison Square Garden? More like Covent Garden and an opium den with Oscar Wilde.
I wouldn't frown at geezer being bloodied @Manchesterderby - he ain't no p*nk - he's a soldier willing to take one for his team.
The call for a revolution & gutting of the team as some others want are OTT reactions. We definitely need a change of mentality
& meritocracy regarding who plays. Let's get one thing cleared up, most teams in Europe present the players & the Coach coaches.
That the likes of Allegri & Enrique are rumored to be seeking killer transfer budgets & high end wages is a reason to ignore them. As for Carlo Ancelotti, i just implore fans to revisit the speed with which Bayern got rid.
We need someone who can prepare a gemeplan, has deep knowledge of the EPL - from last season - you go with 2matches VS Spurs at home & away @Chelsea in the EPL. Arteta will close down & press the ball, he likes wingers - Pep has praised him for the work he did with Sterling & Sane.
Pep Guardiola & Mauricio Pochettino competed for his services as an assistant w/o any previous experience - that says to me we're on the verge of getting a premium mind - this kid knows our league more than Stevie G knows the SPL.
But our fanbase is increasingly being loaded with autograph hunters looking for a bigname(even with limited vision).
Gazidis gotta fight for Mikel - worthy!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Nkume wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:...either way the board are screwed......if they do not invest in the coach and team they will get a hammering, and this time it will be a united front, can't wait..... :)

on the flip side, if a coach comes in and is moderately successful then, that will give the board extra time....
What is your definition of moderately successful?
Europa league qualification
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

You dey mind Waffi :rotf:
Don't shift the goal posts. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Over the years here, you have constantly banged the David Dein drum with regards to transfers. I obviously tried to remind you that there was only so much a person can do if he does not control the money. Many of you here have mocked Wenger about almost signed etc. etc.

Arsenal.com is a treasure trove of information of what happened during Wenger's tenure and who was actually in control. Wenger in the above link is saying your David Dein was negotiating this deal. They actually had the player and him mum at the club but did not do the deal. Why? How is this possible with your man David Dein in charge?

So you constantly blaming Wenger for failed transfers, calling him 'dithering', is wrong. You can close your eyes and pretend, but it is all on Arsenal.com. Bottomline is the Board pays the money, they sanction the finances and have the last word on what to pay - not Dein, not Wenger.

As for the Suarez saga, I refer you to Arsenal.com and Google.
tmex12
Egg
Egg

Post by tmex12 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
tmex12 wrote:If they appoint Arteta its the tipping point I need to finally abandon this yeye team - there is no ambition its just a money spinning venture for the Kroenkes. I wont be their mugu.

If we are going to experiment with an ex-player why not Viera? He has the pedigree. Arteta hasnt coached a game in his life - yet I am to believe he is the one to transform Arsenal. We might as well have retained Wenger and let the period of mediocrity continue.

The only upside, one can look forward to pure football comedy on ArsenalFanTV. More money for Robbie Lyles. Rather Robbie makes the dough than the Kroenkes.
my bro, na you be this for Arsenal thread? Leave them to be doing their nonsense while Waffi makes excuses for them :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Yes o, Arsenal fan tv....make I go check them out sef. I never visit in a while. Westin Kelechi dey tok?
The decision is made Arteta is the new coach. Charging luxury prices for a progressively inferior product and expecting Brand loyalty! What the Kroenkes have pulled off at Arsenal they wont contemplate at WestHam, Liverpool, NewCastle or ManU.

I hardly watch Kelechi - the chap is too loud!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

I cannot see how this will change now. Arteta it is. It looks like an agreement has not materialised with Allegri. The rumour is Arteta was to be announced today. But he made his own demands, plus Allegri's Agent returned with a revised proposal, all this were looked at s meeting yesterday and decisions were made on the way forward.

Unless Allegri bows to being a part of the structure at Arsenal, for which the key is nowhere close to transfer outlay as many expected, I cannot see him being the next man. I just cannot see him doing it without a transfer war chest of at least £150m. David Ornstein is effectively confirming what I said about the accounts. They are not going to spend any of the new money com8ng in on transfers. It is farking crazy. :oops: :curse:

From all info out there, David Ornstein's tweet is more or less the structure Wenger worked to in the past 3 seasons with the StatDNA team. After the StatDNA team was disbanded, last summer and in January, Wenger worked with Galzidis and Wrigglesworth for transfers. But StatDNA is still there, but it no longer the tool and boffins that recommend players to be brought into the club.

The StatDNA team has now being disbanded and their role reduced considerably, I know this from following and interacting with boffins on social media, and replaced with a transfer recruitment committee, headed by Milistant but comprising of Wrigglesworth, Sanhelli, Galzidis and 3 other scouts and boffins. Galzidis takes their recommendations to the Board.

We hear the new Coach has the veto power, but in practice this hardly happens, cos it is usually a committee decision. The vote is by Committee and the Coach is part of that Committee. We can all see what happens when a Coach complains openly about being ignored on transfer decisions. Just look at Conte at Chelsea. I cannot wait for this to happen at Arsenal. Maybe it is the fear of Conte like issues, they will not get a top high profile coach.

Whatever it is, I support my club, but it must be said I like the vast majority of Gooners expected more, but we also know, there is a lot to work with at Arsenal, so things are far from being hopeless. We have a chance for top 4 if We do the right things this window.

Finally, whilst we gripe about prices, I do not know where it is coming from. I am paying an average of £250 less for my Season ticket. The reason is because of Europa League football, which I hate. Next season, I intend to giveaway my EL tickets to family.