The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by tolahs »

We need to be careful about cashing early cheques from our Europa displays - we should expect more & scrutinize as such. This more than reserve football & in a few cases even Championship loan footie is a better opp to school our youngones on Arsenal footie - we must make it about more than just taking part.
The ball pressing, compact shape football that's infected the 1st team to a degree must permeate all levels of the club - this guys get good time
to prep & rest. If you play for Bate or are a fan - you look at the 2 goals you scored yesterday & ask why you held back too long.
We were sitting off & that gave them space to find some confidence - we need to hook up with some good habits like a new age junkie.
Jack should be a deep lying midfielder pinging that ball all over - Mathieu Debuchy needs to be integrated into the squad at wingback - i don't
see Cohen Bramall's name in the UEFA Europa list but can't help thinking he'll get more from this Europa experience than at Birmingham City.
Let's see how we do after the group fixtures - how strong do we have to be to lineup vs Red Star?- 3days after is ManC who play Napoli

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/se ... index.html
UEFA list
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

The real problem with playing in midfield is that you are constantly confronted with challenges, whether you want it or not.
Being injury prone ... doesn't help Jack.
But one thing is clearer ... whatever that Ozil guy does ... Jack can do.
Bepanda
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Thunder wrote:
bk-one wrote:Willock and Maitland-Niles really did well tonight. Very disciplined not like our so-called english core who only thought passing to teammates was that thing you only do when all channels are closed, Roy of the rover style. This kids are far much more matured than the likes of walcott, ramsey and their ilk were at their age. Nelson did well too but my main gripe with him is that sometimes he is kinda complicating things by wanting to dribble instead of just picking a simple pass. If he can learn when to keep it simple, when to pass and when to dribble. he is gonna be one hell of a player. Otherwise he could end up as just a a skillfull version of Walcott(selfish and frustrating)
I believe that's one of the reasons Wenger is playing him as right back. Arsene stated he wanted him to learn the defensive side of the game as well. I wish him good luck.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

[tweet]
He discussed Mesut Ozil’s availability, and also had this to say about Laurent Koscielny, Alex Iwobi, Francis Coquelin and Danny Welbeck:

on team news…
Mesut Ozil will not be available for Sunday.

on how long Mesut is out for…
Very short-term. He is not far, but he is not enough for Sunday.

on Alex Iwobi…
Alex Iwobi might be available for Sunday, of course Coquelin and Welbeck are not available.

on Laurent Koscielny…
We have a doubt about Laurent Koscielny unfortunately and he will have a test tomorrow. It’s an achilles problem, it’s ongoing. I think everybody else should be available. Sead Kolasinac had some problems, but he is available. That’s basically it.

Read more at https://www.arsenal.com/news/team-news- ... ICJrB0J.99
Read more at https://www.arsenal.com/news/team-news- ... 3c0d6ls.99
[/tweet]
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

"Do I see myself staying? Of course I do. I have always been at Arsenal, I love this club. They have been good to me over the years, I have a great relationship with the boss. He has played me since I was 17. He has put his trust in me since then. We have a great understanding and of course I want to stay."

Wilshere's reference to Wenger's faith in him is telling since the Frenchman has stayed patient with a player beset by injuries since the 2011 preseason. Ongoing ankle problems have meant Wilshere has barely played for Arsenal the last six years, but his manager remains an ardent admirer of his abilities.

Speaking after the win in Borisov, Wenger talked up Wilshere's talent and application, per Sky Sports:

"He fights until the end. He's on his way back to his best and showed that. He's at an age where a player normally gets to the best of his career. He's on the way up. He's only been stopped by a series of injuries.

Hopefully, I just pray, he is not hampered by any more problems and that will see him getting stronger and stronger. He's shown again that he's not lost his football."

It's little wonder Wenger prays Wilshere will stay fit. The classy No. 10 embodies all of the technical qualities Wenger preaches

Herr Parasite, Bon Voyage .... the real sheriff is back in town :tic:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
zoldsasok
Egg
Egg

Post by zoldsasok »

anikulapo wrote:[tweet]
He discussed Mesut Ozil’s availability, and also had this to say about Laurent Koscielny, Alex Iwobi, Francis Coquelin and Danny Welbeck:

on team news…

on Alex Iwobi…
Alex Iwobi might be available for Sunday, of course Coquelin and Welbeck are not available.

on Laurent Koscielny…
We have a doubt about Laurent Koscielny unfortunately and he will have a test tomorrow. It’s an achilles problem, it’s ongoing. I think everybody else should be available. Sead Kolasinac had some problems, but he is available. That’s basically it.

[/tweet]
Why do I feel like you're happy ozil is injured and not available lol
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

zoldsasok wrote:

on team news…

on Alex Iwobi…

on Laurent Koscielny…

[/tweet]
Why do I feel like you're happy ozil is injured and not available lol

Bros I can never root for an Arsenal player or any player at all to be injured :idea:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

There are very scary Rumors of the unthinkable at AFC, and that's the rumor that Usmanov might be selling his 30 percent share to give Kroenke full control of the club.

The rumors are that he is cashing out to Join his buddy at Everton. If that happens, stick a fork in Arsenal football club

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Best news of the week-end. Is he hurt or is he butt-hurt cause he has fallen out of favor.
Bepanda
on team news…
on Alex Iwobi…
on Laurent Koscielny…

[/tweet]
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:Best news of the week-end. Is he hurt or is he butt-hurt cause he has fallen out of favor.
Bepanda
on team news…
on Alex Iwobi…
on Laurent Koscielny…

[/tweet]

I'd be shocked if Wenger showed the steel to justly bench that parasite for being excess, worthless baggage to the team .... even though it would be the right decision and not frowned upon by Anyone on that team :roll: :roll:

Really need this team to be full strength and firing with Welbeck and Santi at full fitness.

MLK.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

anikulapo wrote:There are very scary Rumors of the unthinkable at AFC, and that's the rumor that Usmanov might be selling his 30 percent share to give Kroenke full control of the club.

The rumors are that he is cashing out to Join his buddy at Everton. If that happens, stick a fork in Arsenal football club
If kroenke gains sole control of Arsenal. It's game over for me as a fan. That man lacks winning ambition. Heck, we will no longer be able to peer into his books, and understand finances at ARsenal.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

anikulapo wrote:
bepanda wrote:Best news of the week-end. Is he hurt or is he butt-hurt cause he has fallen out of favor.
Bepanda
on team news…
on Alex Iwobi…
on Laurent Koscielny…

[/tweet]

I'd be shocked if Wenger showed the steel to justly bench that parasite for being excess, worthless baggage to the team .... even though it would be the right decision and not frowned upon by Anyone on that team :roll: :roll:

Really need this team to be full strength and firing with Welbeck and Santi at full fitness.
Left to me, Ozil can go. Take his salary and add it to Alexis.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

amafolas wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Bepanda
on team news…
on Alex Iwobi…
on Laurent Koscielny…

[/tweet]

The genius Al-Waffi disagrees :mrgreen: :mrgreen: he says Ozil is with 350k per week and Alexis can take a hike :mrgreen:

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

amafolas wrote:
anikulapo wrote:There are very scary Rumors of the unthinkable at AFC, and that's the rumor that Usmanov might be selling his 30 percent share to give Kroenke full control of the club.

If kroenke gains sole control of Arsenal. It's game over for me as a fan. That man lacks winning ambition. Heck, we will no longer be able to peer into his books, and understand finances at ARsenal.
Dude even now that he has more share does he has wining ambition?
The man is only interested in profit nothing else
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

The Chile international found Alex Iwobi with a delightful piece of skill to allow him to double Arsenal’s lead against Brighton after Nacho Monreal had opened the scoring.

In doing so, he recorded a statistic that seriously embarrasses his Arsenal team-mates and proves just how important he is to Arsene Wenger’s side.

Since the start of last season, Sanchez has been involved in an impressive 35 Premier League goals, scoring on 24 occasions and providing 11 assists.

Incredibly, that total is more than double any other Arsenal player has offered up in the same period.

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Arsenal truly had no chance against Liverpool but that defeat at stoke still dey vex me ... what a horrible loss :curse: :curse: one in which Ozil's ineptitude and Welbeck's profligacy in front of goal absolutely shocked the team ... funny I looked at the stand and Arsenal is above Liverpool :woot:

Imagine if Vardy had scored his damn PK last week :woot:

Just throwing small shade at the great Herr Flopp :taunt:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

The exciting side note for me is the realisation that we’re going to be just fine in a post-Mesut era. We don’t miss him in the big games, and we’re not going to miss him in the small games. Whatever is happening with his fitness, it’s an irrelevance if we can keep Jack Wilshere and Aaron Ramsey fit and hungry (LOL). That brings me great joy because I think Mesut has been a bit of a stats induced mirage for years.
No be me talk am .... but just saying :ohmy:

MLK.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

anikulapo wrote:
The exciting side note for me is the realisation that we’re going to be just fine in a post-Mesut era. We don’t miss him in the big games, and we’re not going to miss him in the small games. Whatever is happening with his fitness, it’s an irrelevance if we can keep Jack Wilshere and Aaron Ramsey fit and hungry (LOL). That brings me great joy because I think Mesut has been a bit of a stats induced mirage for years.
I love the highlighted part... :sneaky:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cito wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
I love the highlighted part... :sneaky:

Yeah I know, that Lil Spanish magician is easily forgotten ... but Wenger says he will be our Christmas present :taunt:

MLK.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

anikulapo wrote:
amafolas wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Bepanda
on team news…
on Alex Iwobi…
on Laurent Koscielny…

[/tweet]

The genius Al-Waffi disagrees :mrgreen: :mrgreen: he says Ozil is with 350k per week and Alexis can take a hike :mrgreen:
The genius supported a 180K pay rise for Ox, I bet the Lpool fans now wished they kept their £40 million in the bank.

@1.48 Klopp , is considering taking Arsenal to court for 4I9 fraud :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Klopp @ 1:49 "Was I actually sober when I bought him?"

[/video]
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

realtrouble wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
amafolas wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Bepanda
on team news…
on Alex Iwobi…
on Laurent Koscielny…

[/tweet]

The genius supported a 180K pay rise for Ox, I bet the Lpool fans now wished they kept their £40 million in the bank.

@1.48 Klopp , is considering taking Arsenal to court for 4I9 fraud :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Klopp @ 1:49 "Was I actually sober when I bought him?"

[/video]

RT: nah ya eye be this? :mrgreen:

Three weeks ago nah you own this thread .... all of a sudden you don scarce like Sisi Yemisi ... na wetin nah :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Very odd how the form of HB has improved since the ouster of the Ox.

Very strange. Lad looks like a totally new and rejuvenated player :???:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
amafolas wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Bepanda
on team news…
on Alex Iwobi…
on Laurent Koscielny…

[/tweet]

Ozil and Sanchez may wear the shirt but they are yesterday's news to me. I don't bother myself with them anymore.

Did you notice Sanchez not joining the group to celebrate Iwobi's goal? He was expecting the group to come to him cos of his assist, but they went to the goal scorer. The goal scorer pointed to him, but he did not join him in celebrating.

I'm glad we are moving on
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.